PS4-The Order

thatgamecompany Shares Journey’s First Trailer

Kellee Santiago's Avatar + Posted by Kellee Santiago on Dec 10, 2010 // President and co-founder of thatgamecompany

Journey

Hello hello hello! This is Kellee Santiago, and I am honored to fulfill thatgamecompany‘s final wish for 2010 – to show you more Journey. Most of you probably watched Jenova and I on SPIKE’s special pre-VGA show last night – well, I have more for you. Below is our very first trailer to showcase some of the great things to come.

I’m in NYC right now, where we’ve been talking more about the game, and specifically about our approach to creating a unique, intuitive, and accessible online experience. So keep a look out for more info to come!

Journey Journey Journey Journey

PAGE 1 2

+ KAPADO on December 10th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

I’m intrigued but confused ,but flower and flow didn’t disappoint,this shall get me moneyz too .

+ JonJonXD on December 10th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

I can’t wait for this!

Flow and Flower were masterpieces, so I expect no less from this one :) :D

+ coolasj19 on December 10th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

Woot. Can. not. wait.

+ lipscomba on December 10th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Awesome!!!!!

+ DZORMAGEN on December 10th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

I a super super mad, I did not get a chance to test this game out about a month ago, cause I was busy playing my PS3! This game looks so beautiful, but still don’t know how it will play. Will there be another testing phase in La?

+ Rinaldus91 on December 10th, 2010 at 8:46 am said:

First Uncharted 3 and now this? What a terrific end to the week.

+ amjr72 on December 10th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

beautiful, and the online aspect sounds exciting

+ BlooodyCow on December 10th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

Hay, when are you guys going to take my money for this game?

+ TheDirector on December 10th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

thatgamecompany are the only innovators in games.

+ VixDiesel on December 10th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

When? As soon as possible would be fab.

+ astronautbread on December 10th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

looks gorgeous!
gotta love TGC!

+ Einhander138 on December 10th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Put it on a disc and I’ll buy it, otherwise, don’t waste my time.

+ MLZ911 on December 10th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Like always whatever thatgamecompany touches becomes breathtaking! Cannot wait to play this game. I really have no idea how it will play or what it is about but that trailer was golden!

+ Mucudadada on December 10th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Fight On! And Day 1 :D

+ mcbuttz78 on December 10th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

kellee is that a muppet in your avi thing.?

The game looks amazing.. will be a strong contender for game of the year on psn.. keep up the great work..

+ wanderer55 on December 10th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

OMG this looks so beautiful. I so can’t wait for this.

+ VectorRaven on December 10th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Call me a whatever you like but PS3 IS THE CONSOLE to have. Oh my goodness at what I just saw. Release date? Love to know the technical power happening on the spu’s for this beast.

Kellee Santiago's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on December 10th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

Well then VectorRaven, I will call you awesome. Thanks for the compliment!

+ saintaqua on December 10th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Thank you for always being unique.
I will definitely be getting this!

+ ken_kimura on December 10th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

I am really curious to know what are the gameplay elements in this game. I loved Flower because it had just enough of solid gameplay elements to take you through the beautifully built environments and well crafted soundtrack.
I already fell in love with the visuals and sounds from Journey, now I need to know the mechanics that will carry me in this trip. Keep up the great work!

+ BigBadLanTerN on December 10th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

Looks amazing. I’m always very happy to see these artistic games come from Sony. They always know when to give you a much needed break from the very shooter heavy industry.

+ Gunblader_ on December 10th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

This is one of my most anticipated games for 2011, Flower is still my favorite PSN games.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 10th, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

As usual you guys don’t disappoint, SOLD, beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!! 8)

+ joostin on December 10th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

Christmas just came early! Thanks thatgamecompany! Best company out there.

+ gilgamesh21 on December 10th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Thanks for the preview!
Excellent concept,
Excellent art design/graphics,
Excellent music!

Really looking forward to playing this!

+ AG-WarFighter on December 10th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

im i high felt like i was! nice capturing the audiance!

+ AZ929 on December 10th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

First Uncharted 3, now this! Gah, 2011 is going to be amazing.

+ bernpete23 on December 10th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

I’m just not feeling this. The trailer comes across as saccharin and morose, not a game I’d want to play–based on the trailer. I WILL have a look at it tho’–but only because of this company’s past record of success.
Word of advice: re-cut the trailer!

+ nsnsmj on December 10th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

I will be buying this the day it’s released. I did the same for flow and flower.

+ rotary08 on December 10th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

That looks epic! I love all your games!

+ Kaako on December 10th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Hey SONY, how about a GIFT option on PSN so I can send the love around? This would be a great business decision and it is also proven with services like Steam (<3 Valve).

Please put a GIFT option for future PSN titles, please.
Also, absolutely loving the trailer. This game was already a day 1 for me. Thatgamecompany is amazing and I hope you guys are doing whatever you can to keep them happy; we need more devs like that in this industry.

+ Surfaced on December 10th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Take my money, SCEA.

+ Midgetguy on December 10th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

thatgamecompany has inspired me more than any other video game developer! When I get into the video game industry, I hope to follow in their footsteps and further push the limits of emotionally engaging interactive story telling.

+ NURADEEN on December 10th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

wow still no respond from tgc! i can’t support this game you posted this this morning and haven’t answered no questions ? meh , turned me off from getting the game.

+ SpyDudeFX on December 10th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Looks awesome but don’t ruin the experience with awful trophies. I know it’s early but hope to see a soundtrack, avatars, a dynamic theme and PS Home content at launch ;)

+ plaztiksyke on December 10th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Plllease tell us there will be a 1080p version of this trailer for download on PSN next week! I can’t wait to hear the music in HD!

It reminds me of one of my favorite PC adventure games, Quest for Glory II.

Looking at the 1080p pictures on flickr, there are more aliasing artifacts than I would expect for that resolution. Is the game rendering in some layers in 720p and upscaling to 1080p? Please fix or add MSAA to help.

Seeing aliasing artifacts shimmer all over really disrupts immersion for me.

Overall looks amazing, though. I’m so excited!

+ Elvick_ on December 10th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

Looks amazing, which isn’t surprising at all.

+ RecoveringXian on December 10th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

This is killing me! First, “Uncharted 3.” Then, some new coverage of the Team ICO Collection. Now, frickin’ “Journey.” These are all my most wanted titles. If any new “The Last Guardian” info comes out in the next couple days, I will overload and die. :)

+ AngleofDeath696 on December 10th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

Your game are amazing amazing. People should start supporting these types of games and games such has ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

+ MrAssassin47 on December 10th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

When is Jewelery and Makeup coming out?

+ bmbnbs on December 10th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Like others have said: Day one. I love you guys.

+ angelspawn77 on December 11th, 2010 at 4:58 am said:

That is awesome, love Flower and flOw was very unique and cool. This game looks is looking great, cant wait to hear and see more.

+ barnaclejoe on December 11th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

I could not be more excited to see the direction thatgamecompany is going..

looks like I’ll have to pick up 3/3 of their ps3 gamess!

I can’t wait to learn more. :) Not many games get me so excited anymore.

+ CrystalX3D on December 11th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

In a time when the video game industry seems to be flooded with summer-action-flick-type games, it’s refreshing to see a game come along that explores the boundaries of video games as an art form. I really like how TGC focuses first on making games that evoke an emotional response instead of getting bogged down with trying to pack in as many features as possible. Consider me sold.

+ sword_script523 on December 11th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Oh my goodness, thatgamecompany. I am seriously excited for the new release! Flower was/is my number one recommendation for people regarding PSN titles, and I’m behind Journey 100%, too!
Anticipation!

+ GuardianOfSeven on December 12th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Outstanding! Can’t wait for the game to release!

I have to know the name of the song played in that trailer! I love it!

+ Deadsity on January 7th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

HOLY CRAP MUFFINS, BATMAN! I’m excited for this!!! Flower is one of my all-time favorite games. I hope Journey can live up to its hype. Keep up the excellent work, thatgamecompany!

PAGE 1 2