PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

UNCHARTED 3 hits PS3 11/1/11, Watch the Full VGA Trailer Here, Jimmy Fallon on Monday

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 11, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

We just got out of the Spike Video Game Awards 2010 in downtown Los Angeles and it’s been an amazing day for us! We hope all of you were watching on TV or through the live stream on Spike.com to watch the FULL announce trailer AND catch the reveal of the release date – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception will hit stores on November 1st, 2011!

Earlier today, Evan, Christophe, Amy and Justin walked the red carpet, getting their chance to say a few words about the imminent showing of our announcement trailer before heading into the Los Angeles Convention Center to attend the Spike Video Game Awards. The rest of us met them inside as we witnessed an incredible show that the Spike folks put together for all the nominees and games that were announced today – they really did a great job showing our industry in a positive fashion and showing not only the developers, but the diversity of creativity and innovation we are all capable of producing.

At the tail of end of it all, we got to see a brief recap of UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves before the big moment – the first time our full trailer for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has been seen publicly. We’ve embedded our announcement trailer above in case you weren’t able to watch the Spike VGA show this evening.

plane crash

If you didn’t catch this earlier this week, Entertainment Weekly revealed some details about UNCHARTED 3 – but there’s more to come!

We’re hosting a bunch of journalists tomorrow in Los Angeles to discuss our game and show them a bit more than you’ve been able to see so far. You’ll be reading (and seeing) about what we presented to them over the next few weeks in your favorite online web sites and print magazines around the world.

On Monday, we’re incredibly humbled (and I’m a bit proud) to see Evan and Christophe appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on your local NBC station. Trust me when I say you won’t want to miss it – we’ve got something great lined up for our appearance on the show.

That’s not all. The PlayStation Store will be updated soon with some UNCHARTED 3 content for our announcement – wallpaper, dynamic theme, PSN avatars and more. We’ll also reveal part one of a special behind the scenes look at the making of our announcement shot by the extremely talented crew at 2 Player Productions. There will be plenty of interviews, screenshots, concept art, even gameplay video on the way – and we will have only barely scratched the surface of everything in UNCHARTED 3.

These past few days have been extremely exhilarating for us to finally reveal UNCHARTED 3 to the world. All of what you’re hearing about and seeing so far are the culmination of a few months of incredibly hard work by many of us at Naughty Dog to pull everything together. We’re glad to be able take a quick breather and check out all of the impressions that are being formed about UNCHARTED 3 and where we’re taking Nathan Drake next. There is no doubt that we still have a lot more to do ahead of us before you can purchase your own copy of UNCHARTED 3 next year, on November 1, 2011 – we’re looking forward to helping you “uncover the truth” over the next year!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ TomHoang on December 11th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Uncharted Woo! Spike TV GOTY 2011

+ TehWeirdDude on December 11th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Awesome showcase at VGA! I need to watch this video a few more times and catch all the hidden things we probably missed!

+ Butters360 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

Naughty Dog = Wizards of the Cell. That trailer made me cry with excitement when I saw it in HD. Please, put this up on PSN so I can download it and watch it forever until 11/1/11. Thank you for creating such a beautiful franchise.

+ Big-Gig on December 11th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

Great trailer! I hope Jimmy fallon plays more than 10 seconds of it!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 12th, 2010 at 2:09 am said:

Oh Jimmy Fallon will have something better than the trailer — there’ll be gameplay shown. f’reals.

+ Deak1124 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

Looking forward to it. Got my fingers crossed for a Collector’s Edition to hit retail as well…

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

Agree.. Uncharted 3 will be (Game.Of.The.Year 2011) for sure.

MUST HAVE for me for 2011 :D

Platinum Both Uncharted 1 and 2 :D

+ VofEscaflowne on December 11th, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

Cannot wait… but what’s with Drake’s face? Something seems… off. He doesn’t look quite the same.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 12th, 2010 at 2:16 am said:

shadows? he’s also a little sandy and dusty.

+ Kchow23 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

Uncharted 3 vs Mass effect 3 for GOTY :) can’t wait to get both

+ ffrulez on December 11th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

It doesn’t work!!!!

+ BLEACH-Fan on December 11th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

Was all that ingame O_o

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 12th, 2010 at 2:17 am said:

it was all in-engine and in-game gameplay. i don’t say ingame because it wasn’t from a real-time playback of the cutscenes, pre-recorded, as we’ve always done.

+ NorthernLitez on December 11th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

A release date!!!!!!!! 11-1-11…can’t wait! The footage looks like it will top Uncharted 2…amazing.

+ SyphonFilter- on December 11th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

nice,looking forward to avatars. Wonder if this is the game that Sony meant for the 12th?

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

<<>>

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

+ Kchow23 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

people if you cant watch it go to GAMETRAILERS its all there

+ Animespara210 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

I dont know… but 2011 seems like the best year for gaming since 2008(Next gen wise). Lots of great multiplatform games coming out next year.. plus all the amazing exclusives for the PS3!! Lets not forgot the PS3 reveal later on today.

You cant deny that sony has 2011 locked up with chains, since it is they’re best year ever!

And the trailer for uncharted 3 was incredible!! Good luck with the project naughty dog, and i hope you deliver another epic game!! Lets just hope you dont forget your little mascots like jak & daxter =P

+ bnogradi28 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

I LOVE NAUGHTY DOG!!!!!!!!

+ spideyal on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

You can count me in for a Collectors Edition if you decide to make one. I’ve been waiting for this game since I finished Uncharted 2 and have been an avid Uncharted fan since the first.

So Sony and Naughty Dog, THANK YOU for making the best video game ever to grace a console or gaming computer… but damn you for destroying my ability to play any other game.

I hope you guys do a MP Beta for it, because I honestly want to try this out so badly. And I’m with Big-Gig, I hope he doesn’t just play and die almost instantly like he did with Killzone 3.

+ NinjaDomo-kun on December 11th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

Speechless TwT <3

+ Trixzter7 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

Woo-hoo to PSN Avatars!!
And also the game itself of course.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►
►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

+ blazingfirexp on December 11th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Only thing I wanted to see at the Video Game Awards.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

why isn’t my words going throw! dang it!

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

Make Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition For Retail Sale Please!!

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

+ Kchow23 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:21 pm said:

@22 stop doing that

+ norm01 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:21 pm said:

Uncharted 3 looks amazing, and I can’t wait until 11/1/11. Day 1 purchase!!!

+ Skater_Ricky on December 11th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

All of that was In-game YES!!

+ HMS_Victor on December 11th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

2011 is going to be amazing with Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PS3, inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Batman: Arkham City, The Last Guardian, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, SOCOM 4, Sly 4 (possibly next year), Sorcery, PlayStation Move Heroes, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, etc.
Also the new game Sony’s revealing tomorrow as well. Please let it be Jak and Daxter 4 (The Lost Frontier doesn’t count) or Naughty Dog rebooting the Crash Bandicoot series

+ LordXaero on December 11th, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

11.1.11. A date which will be in my mind until’ it gets here. Can’t wait for Uncharted 3!

+ Zeroskullx on December 11th, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Plz free the trailer in my coutry(Brazil)… don’t play here…

+ PSWii2008 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

Forgot about the showing on Jimmy Fallon on Monday night! I’ll definitely record it on my DVR & watch that! That’s the only thing I like about Fallon’s show is his focus on giving games the attention they deserve!

+ ItsJoseph22 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

i dont know what to say, i just wanna cry from happiness!!
this looks…words cant describe how this looks

+ Rackeyblader on December 11th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

even though we knew it was coming, its even more exciting. It’s gonna be an interesting GOTY battle with Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Infamous 2 coming out all next year!

+ Valerik_ on December 11th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

I cannot wait but I agree with #7. Something seems off about Drake’s face. I literally couldn’t stop trying to figure out what was wrong the whole first viewing of the trailer.

+ ATOMS11 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

Uncharted 3 has clearly set the bar for video games!

+ NahDoot on December 11th, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

Arne, about the multiplayer for Uncharted 3 Evan has said you “want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre. It has become something here at Naughty Dog that will become an important part to all our games.”

Uncharted 2 MP already had the fun factor necessary to take on Halo and Call of Duty, and although it had a lot of similar features such as stat tracking and cinema mode, the one thing it really needed was system link/LAN support. This is a must for competitive league play, will Uncharted 3 have LAN capabilities?

+ NoisyNieghbor on December 11th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

This is like next-gen within a generation. Could pass for a PS4 title!

+ tipperu on December 11th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

Still playing the MP in UC2. Can’t wait for this!

+ Aromaci on December 11th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

There is nothing ‘off’ with his face. It’s called more detail.

+ krae_man on December 11th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

Why did you copy the trailer from 2 years ago?

You could have done something more interresting then replace the Train with a Plane and the snow with sand.

+ Chaoz on December 11th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

Did anyone notice the new Killzone 3 Trailer? Post this on the store as well please. I dont know how will afford the coming year just in exclusives! LBP2(GOTY), Motorstorm Appocolaypse (Best racing game of 2011), Infamous 2 (GOTY), Killzone 3(GOTY), Resistance 3(GOTY), Uncharted 3(GOTY), Twisted Metal (Best and only Car Combat), Ratchet and Clank (Best Platformer), Last Gaurdian(possibly), Ico and Shadow collection, Agent(possibly), Socom 4, DCU, and not to mention move titles such as sorcery and Playstation Move Heroes, oh wait dont forget PSN Pixel Junk Shooter 2, and Journey, and HOME with Sodioum 2 and conspiracy. If you dont own a Playstation 3 at this point I am sorry. Dont get me started on PSP!

+ Shin-Ra on December 11th, 2010 at 8:43 pm said:

Did Naughty Dog hire a “clothing artist”? :p The detail and style is fantastic.

+ BruceLeeJKD2010 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

I just saw the Uncharted 3 HD trailer from GameTrailers.com. I loved Uncharted 2 so much. It’s, in my heart, the best game of all time. Uncharted 3 looks like it’s going to top it in terms of graphics and more importantly, in terms of story.

Naughty Dog continues to amaze me with their technological wizardry with the Sony PlayStation 3′s CELL processor. Sony is blessed to have a company like Naughty Dog creating works of computer entertainment art for them such as the upcoming Uncharted 3 game. I’m certain it will be an epic experience, an experience that I’ll remember forever in my heart.

November 1, 2011 [ 11-1-11 ] cannot come soon enough. Long live Nathan Drake!

+ BlooodyCow on December 11th, 2010 at 8:51 pm said:

11-1-11 is when you guys will be taking my money? Hopefully there is a collector edition this time

+ niner4life9 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

If I freeze myself November 2011 will get here faster? Freaking awesome. Playing Uncharted 2 right now.

+ pablito2327 on December 11th, 2010 at 9:00 pm said:

it sucks ! i can’t watch the video because is not available in my country! wth?! :(

+ ny_beast24 on December 11th, 2010 at 9:00 pm said:

Hard to say GOTY 2011
Mass Effect 3 which is in the Holidays 2011
Uncharted 3 that releases on 11-1-11
and Skyrim Elders Scrolls V on 11-11-11
Others like Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex Human Evolution, Dragon Age 2, and more can make it be a hard 2011 GOTY.

+ Mobius_124 on December 11th, 2010 at 9:03 pm said:

the official boxart for the game, please keep it that way, it looks awesome

+ Vabor on December 11th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

Fallon is a blast (sat in the green room when I worked on Ghostbusters TVG) and it’s gonna be great to see Naughty Dog on there. Thank you for all the hard work and the reveal! Can’t wait to see more.

+ NJLurch87 on December 11th, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

sweet hope Fallon shows more gameplay otherwise i do not want to stay up for it.

+ inspace2020 on December 11th, 2010 at 9:27 pm said:

Watched the trailer with some of the Naughty Dog team at the Sony Blog meet up. Needless to say…awesome experience!! Can’t wait to see what ND does next.

PAGE 1 2 3 4