PS4 - Destiny

Dead Nation Metagame: Your Nation Needs You!

Robert Karp's Avatar + Posted by Robert Karp on Dec 13, 2010 // Head of Mobile, The Fyzz Facility

Due to issues beyond our control, a nasty, disgusting and horrific zombie outbreak has occurred and we need you to help prove your nation is the best in world at fighting the zombie infection.

Dead Nation: Necropolis

Dead Nation has a unique online component which we call the metagame. It means that every time you kill a zombie, we know about it and so does the game. The metagame uses that information to track many things. So, every single zombie kill counts!

Every single dirt-ridden, disgusting sack of flesh you kill will count towards clearing the virus in your country. The more zombies you and your countrymen kill, the quicker the virus will be cleared.

Below is a snapshot of part of the Metagame:

Dead Nation metagame

1. Currently selected country.
  2. Player’s statistics.
  3. Statistics about the currently selected country.
  4. Ticker texts which displays various information about the global status, player’s country status, player’s friends and about the player.
  5. Access to more in-depth detailed statistics.

The metagame features an interactive map of the world, which can be used to access all the information. For example if you want to see who the best player in Japan is, you would select the country on the map to get that information. You can also easily check if any of your PSN friends live in that country and how well they are doing compared to their fellow countrymen. Can you be the best in your country?

The metagame also informs you which player is currently the best zombie killer in the world; best in your country of origin; and best amongst your friends.

On a higher level, the metagame tracks which country is the best in eradicating the zombie threat. This aspect can be seen as “Zombie killing World Championships.” It will be interesting to see which country will come on top and if they are able to hold that position.

Every country is ranked, so that you’ll be able to see how your homeland is progressing against your nearest ally or foe; and as you progress through the virus cycles it is worth keeping an eye out. Who knows when things might change?

Although the basic premise of the metagame is to see how your nation is progressing, it really does much more than that, and will take on a game of its own as it organically grows over the months and years after release. We’ll be keeping a close eye on it and are most definitely planning on supporting the Dead Nation community!

71 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ spideyal on December 13th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

I’m pretty sure if you introduced a 4 player mode, this game would be perfect. I haven’ exactly purchased it yet, but I will either next week or so.

Got to represent my country :)

+ OCDog45 on December 13th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

yeah right, you know the US will dominate and be the champs. I need to be playing this more.

+ Fenway_Faithful on December 13th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

wooooot

+ NJLurch87 on December 13th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

please fix the online co-op for the second player. second player has weapons and items downgraded or lost altogether after every chapter. it has been like this since launch. it is making the gaming impossible to complete in co-op which is the only reason i bought this game.

+ angeleus09 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Finland hs such high numbers because that’s where Housemarque (y’know… the developers?) are located. That’s where a lot of testing went on and from what David Bull told me at the MLG event in National Harbor this thing has been tracking since Beta when only 2 countries were playing, US and Finalnd.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on December 13th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

It’s really a nice addiction to help our contry!! =D This should be in all games, lol. I’ve been helping Canada from the start!!

+ lostinplainsight on December 13th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

the u.s and the finntrolls making the world a safer place.

+ Rhez on December 13th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

yay, Finland!

They must all be playing on Undead over there. Well I know where I’m moving to when the zombie apocalypse happens.

Yay I ditto the endless mode, that would be awesome.

+ mountain_duwe on December 13th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

still waiting for a voice-chat patch.

+ VendettaLion on December 13th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

I don’t know how the zombie eradication is being calculated but how in the world is Finland even close to the US… I guess it’s either per capitia or some developers based out of Finland is playing favorites : )

+ clupula668 on December 13th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

@46 – Uh, you can’t buy this game on Xbox Live. PS3 exclusive.

But yes, patch some voice chat in there and then I’ll be more than happy to buy whatever DLC you guys come up with.

+ NURADEEN on December 13th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

I have been trying to get online but it is been failing , I know it’s not my internet because i ve been playing sf2 online no problem .Is anybody else experiencing no connections.

+ bgenius on December 13th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

I read this in high hopes that you guys patched the game with voice chat. Sadly, you guys didn’t do that. I won’t be playing dead nation until it is patched with VOICE CHAT. Oh..and it doesn’t show people you have played with in the “players met” section on the XMB. I am hoping you fix that as well..

+ Richlando on December 13th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

I love this game.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 14th, 2010 at 3:22 am said:

USA always wins baby.

+ NURADEEN on December 14th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

No feedback?? NOT A GOOD SIGN AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT ADDED VOICE CHAT. IT*S FUNNY THAT EVEN BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED THEY STATED IT WOULD HAVE VOICE CHAT AND NOTHING YET.

+ RockToonz on December 14th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

Voice Chat Please…

+ mad_agoknee on December 14th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

very addicting, getting on it tonight!

+ I3iG_l3oSS on December 16th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

yaris is regarded as one of the worst games of all time rivaling the atari 2600′s ET but yet is had VOICE CHAT on release date.

the best part? that game was FREE.

run and tell that homeboy(Robert).

+ biggitybanks on December 22nd, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

When will it be Headset capable? I read something in another blog-post that it was coming soon. That really is the only thing I can find to complain about at the time being. If anyone knows anything of any substance… hit my gamertag @ Biggitybanks

+ SwissBanks on December 29th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

This has gone beyond ridiculous. It should’ve had voice chat when it released. They have now had almost a month since promising to add voice chat and absolutely nothing. I bought it, played it for about 3 days. The lack of voice chat is absolutely crippling on harder difficulties with online co-op and I’m done using my cell phone.

Another completely wasted purchase, they’re never going to add voice chat. Last time I buy anything from this developer.

PAGE 1 2