Ratchet & Clank PS4

Dec 13

ModNation Monday: New Video! UFG talks DLC

Jason Coker's Avatar Posted by Jason Coker on Dec 13, 2010 // Associate Producer, SCEA

ModNation Monday

If you haven’t recovered from last week’s “DLC Extravaganza”, then brace yourselves. This week, we get another nomination from G4TV and UFG gives you a glimpse of all the cool things to come including new Mods, Karts, Part Packs and the long-awaited Full Track Themes and Career Extensions. Buckle up!

UFG’s Souped-up DLC

The good folks at United Front Games have been hard at work putting together more cool ModNation Racers DLC since launch. Here’s an insider’s look at what’s to come for ModNation and how they are loving what the community has done so far!

Coming Soon to PSN:

NEXT WEEK- The “Far East” is Coming to YOU!

ModNation Racers PS3: 1. Far East ModNation Racers PS3: 2. Far East

ModNation Racers PS3: 3. Far East ModNation Racers PS3: 6. Far East

Just in time for holidays, we’re going to be releasing the Far East Track Theme and Career Extension on December 21st. The theme comes with seven new UFG designed tracks,10 new objectives, 35 new unlockables, and over 50 track props!

More Details to come next ModNation Monday, so stay tuned.

January 2011

ModNation Racers PS3: Jak Daxter ModNation Racers PS3: SuperFan

February 2011

ModNation Racers PS3: Killzone

ModNation Racers PS3: El Snake-o ModNation Racers PS3: PaperCut

G4TV Best Racing Game Nominee

On top of the Spike VGA and IGN Nominations the good Gamers over at G4TV have nominated ModNation Racers in its Best of 2010 in the category of Best Racing Game. Wish us luck for their announcement of the winner on December 14th!

It’s Winter, So Bundle Up!

ModNation Racers PS3: Winter Pack

Don’t forget that there’s a good deal on a nice 8 Pack Winter Bundle of Mods and Karts on the Store now through January 4th, 2011. You can get Mall Santa Mod with the Sleigh Kart, Nukular with the Mauler Kart, Lil’ Tinker with the Soapbox Kart, and Mouse Trap with the Cheesy Kart all for only $3.99. Do it quickly if you want to be one of the coolest drivers in the Nation.

Holiday Pack Reminder

Since we’re in the holiday spirit, don’t forget about the Holiday Props Pack to give your Track creations some festive spirit.

ModNation Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

With the release of all the new parts packs, we want to see your tracks with those new props in them.

Mod of the Week

Mod Name: Kratos Sackboy
Creator: Toasterscribble

ModNation Racers PS3: Kratos Sackboy

Jason Coker says: This is a sweet tribute to the man in chains. He’s got that Sackboy texture, but with the Kratos attitude. Still, at risk of insulting a guy with the power of the Gods, he sure is cute.

Kart of the Week

Kart Name: Wide Ride
Creator: FuzzyEdges

ModNation Racers PS3: Wide Ride 1

ModNation Racers PS3: ModNation RacersWide Ride 2 ModNation Racers PS3: ModNation RacersWide Ride 3

Jason Coker says: Flashy without being over the top. That’s a tough balance to maintain, but this Kart does it well. The detail is there, but it’s not all over the place, which adds a lot of class to the old school body. Hey FuzzyEdges, can you hook up some paint on my hybrid?

Track of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel by emailing ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Christmas Eve
Created by: C_Smith

ModNation Racers PS3: Christmas Eve

ModNation Racers PS3: Christmas Eve 2 ModNation Racers PS3: Christmas Eve 3

Jason Coker says: Yes, yes, yes. I love to drift, and this Track is a drifter’s paradise. Loads of snaking curves give plenty of opportunities to get some boost, and various hazards and shortcuts keep the races competitive. Well done, C Smith.

Track Name: Amusement Park I
Created by: SergioChileno

ModNation Racers PS3: Amusement Park

ModNation Racers PS3: Amusement Park 2 ModNation Racers PS3: Amusement Park 3

Jason Coker says: Here’s how I imagine a conversation between me and SergioChileno about this Track –

Me: Dude, are you kidding me?

SergioChileno: No, not kidding.

Me: Hold on – Clown pop-ups AND the K-Wrecks? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

SergioChileno: No, not kidding. Also, I just beat you.

This track is potentially frustrating, but well worth it when you dodge this or that obstacle just right. I raced this one until my fingers went numb. Good stuff.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

Monday: Snake City, by TheQk
Tuesday: Amusement Park I, by SergioChileno
Wednesday: Christmas Eve, by C_Smith
Thursday: Elite Game Show, by RockToonz
Friday: They Stole Our Presents!!, by StealthReborn–
Saturday: Mystery Track
Sunday: Mystery Track

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ VinxiUSA on December 13th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

@XxT_I_K_IxX_PR, HMS_Victor said everything you need to read and everything I meant to say. I’m really happy about your creativity, seriously.

+ UNIT-TRB on December 13th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I need some missile launchers and gun parts. Still the DLC we have been getting is awesome.

I agree drift tracks are horrible to actually race on….at least the noob trophy tracks anyway..

+ djxtc25 on December 13th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

When is the PSN releasing the Black Ops 1.04 Patch?

+ RockToonz on December 13th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

@58 yeah i feel bad for you dude… this game i played 500hours playing this game… but i am happy with that because i love this game more than littlebigplanet…

+ RockToonz on December 13th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

@post Yes new UFG Track on xp series and xp race!!! wooooo!!!! i hope the snow theme will come this december… if not… i will not buy it because there is so many games to come next year

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Far East comes out next week! Snow is TBA.

+ B-Real206 on December 13th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

The support for this game has been insane! Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

+ gettinmoney662 on December 13th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Are there gonna be trophies for the new track DLC? Whether they’re are or not, I’ll be pickin it up, but I was just wondering.

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

+ DOOMkillz on December 13th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

getting that helghast mod and kart for sure!!

+ maverick--07-- on December 13th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

This is what we’ve been waiting for! Perhaps this game still has a lot of life left after all?

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

You can bet on it.

+ RockToonz on December 13th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

alot of people will love this game if they try it…
@video…. can you hire me?? hahaha i am newly grad computer science… thanks..
RockToonz // Peace

+ MabsterB on December 13th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

@people who are asking about new trophies, did you watch and listen to the video? Try again, 3:03.

How about a race XP trophy???

+ RamonM64 on December 13th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

wow.. this is a pretty kool add. making tracks and mods is already limitless, adding more is INSANE! ill definitely welcome it though.

if you guys do think about new weapon, consider a ice weapon. Lv1-simple ice beam-like shot, freezes target in a glacier like rock for a second, touching them while frozen gets you frozen for a second adding balance(maybe make it you get unfrozen faster by hopping). Lv2-travels like the Lv 2 lightning and gots the same wide and spreading effect when it hits and same effects as Lv1 ice. Lv3-make a HUGE blizzard like storm travel through the whole track, like the Lv3 sonic rift except it freezes and causes the same effects as the other Ice lvls..

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

Great ideas! keep em coming!

+ RamonM64 on December 13th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

i think new weapons WOULD add more action, i dont find it especialy necessary though. maybe work on new games modes first like score battle races, battle mode and elimination life battle mode which i know are on ALOT of peoples minds. which is what i think i want most. oh.. and hopefully you guys gives us more creations slots to publish stuff, im full of published stuff with around 70 stuff.. i think Ive got alot of stuff on hold and continue to make more and more AND.. this new pack is gonna make me just make more and MORE.. besides that get some triple A servers to host a triple A game!

ANYWAY.. thanks for makin somethin sooo FREAKIN fun and makes us push our imagination to the LIMITS

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Thanks for having fun with our game!

+ SergioChileno on December 13th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Thanks for picking my track !!. The news of the DLC´s coming are great, this game will be still more spectacular and funny, and MNR is really the best game than I have played since I was baby racer (because also I love to create new tracks).

And, Jason: Truth that “I am not kidding”… LOL

+ mJ_mSv on December 13th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Excellent to hear there is career extencion finally, I really hope it means more trophies aswell?, really looking forward to it!
Plece make more of those in the future :)

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

More Trophies, More Tracks, More Props. MORE EPIC!

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on December 13th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

We should have the ability to exit vehicles in the ModSpot!!

+ CAPNDigital on December 13th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

Anton_Xul said:
“but I was wondering if we are going to be able to race against our own creations soon?”

I agree
This is my NUMBER ONE Feature Request since the game was released…

UFG please make this happen!!!

This has been mentioned and even commented on by your developers/programmers since the beginning…what is the status of this functionality?

Have you fixed the GoGo Gravity kart sticker problem that’s been documented in the Forums (you claim to read ALL the time) both in the Official BUG Thread and in a separate post… those who purchase this Soap Box Derby kart (as part of the Holiday Bundle) may be a little upset if the stickers aren’t working correctly.

Thanks for the new Full Theme next week.

+ Thane_of_Fife on December 13th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

I stopped playing the game after like a month or 2 only because of the crazy long loading time it just took too much of my time… the game was fun though and I enjoyed making my mods,tracks and karts…just fix the loading time…

+ Thane_of_Fife on December 13th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

Also was hoping for your next game u guys add more modes add like team modes and when playing split-screen make all a.i available…

+ DZORMAGEN on December 13th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

WOW! This is awesome! I am going to have to play this game again!!

+ Perish_Song on December 13th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

I’ll have to say extending the single player experience can open the gates to a lot more to this game and might bring some people back. Especially if more career tracks will also mean more XP tracks. Can’t wait.

+ grey_jeep on December 13th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Hey UFG I have an idea and I need yall to tell me what you think! Ok, could yall make chinese new year track and possibly mod dlc?! For track dlc I was thinking of the long chinese new year dragon ballon and allowing racers to take a bumpy ride through it, or a bumpy ride on top! I’m sure UFG can figure out the rest! ;)

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

well grey_jeep, it sounds like you have a specific idea for a track….now with the new track pack you can make it yourself. you can do a Mod too! I bet you someone is going to make it the first week we release this pack.

+ Spinout209 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

When will we get Double XP again?

+ Ed243 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Hey sid I have a problem, I still never got my e-mail for the uncharted 3 theme I registed as soon as u guys post it up about it. What gives?

+ RockToonz on December 13th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

@45 the loading time is not an issue now dude… no more worries about loading time…

+ MabsterB on December 13th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

Sweet, more trophies coming and 7 new UFG tracks! I hope that means those new UFG tracks will be raceable in XP series.

Extended career and more unlockables? Can’t wait to hear more complaints that this game is too hard… C’mon man!

+ digitalman123 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

O-M-GOSH! Jak and Daxter Mods?!?!? Booyah! I know what game I’m playing soon!

+ digitalman123 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

More trophies too? Sweet!

+ Nintendo451 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I think it’s really great how you guys consistently keep updating this game. Keep it up!

+ UltraRazpacho on December 13th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

I need to re-buy this game. I feel bad for selling it. :(

Jason Coker's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 13th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

This is a kind of game that gets better with age my friend. Get back into the race! :)

+ SlyCooper420 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

@ 52 Ive had the same problem and it seems Sony doesn’t want to help I know they got alot on their plate but its a simple reply all they need to do is say what to do n theres a handful of people with this problem

Also Id like to point out ive been a playstation owner since day 1 ps1 era but sometimes this company just annoys me so much theirs so many things that should be fixed and for some reason its not taken care of one of the things that needs to be done asap price cuts to the psn 56cents for an avatar like give me a break will u I have 50 cents and cant even get 1 cause im 6 cents short their shouldn’t be tax on a thing that cost probably less than 5 cents to make why do I half to buy a $50 n $20 psn card to get playstation plus n i don’t even know if its worth the money so far to many game trails for old games like redaction tomb raider I could use a credit card but I don’t want to need it for other things anyways I could sit here all day n keep adding things that need to be fixed but I wont I love sony and will always support them but its time for some major changes

+ SlyCooper420 on December 13th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

@58 I almost traded it in so many times but somehow managed to keep it and im glade I did hopefully they don’t over charge us for this DLC

PAGE 1 2 3