Paragon

Dec 13

Dec 13

Tetris for PSN in 1080p and 5.1, Gets PS3-Exclusive Multiplayer

Christophe Gomez's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, EA Mobile

Tetris Team Battle

Hello, fellow Tetris enthusiasts! This is Christophe from EA Mobile and we’ve got some really big news. We are launching Tetris on PlayStation Network and it’ll be available to download from the PSN store in very early next year. This version of Tetris boasts 5.1 Dolby Sound, 1080P HD graphics, plus six online and local multiplayer modes. Of course, you can play Marathon mode by yourself in the boldest and brightest graphics ever, but what we’re really excited about are three new PS3-exclusive multiplayer modes that will make this a must-have. I can’t go into much detail, but these new online, real-time multiplayer modes will be more fun and competitive than anything you’ve seen before.

A couple of weeks ago Alexey Pajitnov, the original creator of Tetris, got to try out this new PS3 version and absolutely loved it. And since we know how excited you are, we have a trailer ready to showcase just how awesome this gets. Check it out above! This is going to be the definitive Tetris experience.

Tetris Marathon

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Tomyi said:

December 25th, 4:51 am

It’s one of the best PSN-Online-Games ever !
Everyone should buy this great game !
I LOVE TETRIS FOR THE PS3 !

AmethystVenom said:

December 27th, 2:16 pm

It’s not out in NA yet! Come on, surely it comes out tomorrow?

aramil_nubin said:

December 27th, 9:59 pm

it is ₤7.99 on the EU store, so convert it, and it’s 12.37 USD(rounded up from 12.3682). So it may be around that price, when it comes to NA, though I am not guaranteeing anything.

aramil_nubin said:

December 28th, 1:08 pm

Quote by Christophe Gomez // Senior Producer, EA Mobile

“…available to download from the PSN store in very early next year.”

BUT, at this site here:

it says Dec 2010. Backing out on your published words, are we? Because PSN is updated for NA every Tuesday. Which is today. I don’t see it on the store. Next Tuesday isn’t until January 4th, and the next is the 11th. I say right now, it’s not there today, but if it’s not there on the 4th, someone will have some explaining to do.

aramil_nubin said:

December 28th, 1:20 pm

And what’s so special about Europe, that they get it before North America does?

tack129 said:

December 30th, 9:50 pm

Having bought this game it’s safe to say that it’s very good. Multiplayer modes are addictive but people tend to play timed battle a lot more or was it bots?

Either way I love it.

Warped said:

January 2nd, 11:16 pm

cant wait! tuesday its out! along with angry birds! only if the psn store gets updated on time! its always late

mcdsnte said:

January 3rd, 12:40 am

This version of tetris looks an awful lot like Tetris Party Deluxe for wii, but nevertheless Im still getting it…TETRIS!!!!!!!!!! XD

DBSOFT said:

January 6th, 5:33 pm

Cool… if Sony ever re-enables OtherOS (Linux) on the PS3 I’ll update my firmware and buy it.

Coskii said:

January 8th, 3:15 pm

I only have one question before I buy it. Does it have “Push” from Tetris DS?

It’s a versus one on one where you are both playing on the same field, but from opposite sides. Getting two or more rows pushes the “center” of the playing field down so that your section is larger, and the enemies is smaller. You win by pushing your opponent to the end of their area. It quickly became my favorite mode in any tetris game.

darryl said:

January 8th, 4:00 pm

Wow, so addictive! Love me some Tetris — for $10 good deals!

@Coskii: No, there’s no “Push” variant…

PAGE 1 2 3