PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update: Three “Must” Videos

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 17, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP2

This week, we’ve been video happy and today we have three “Must” Videos for you to enjoy.

“Must Share”

We knew (and sure you did too), that when LBP2 started getting into the hands of our community, you guys would create so many great games and so many different genres – so much that it’ll change the way people will think of LittleBigPlanet.

And with all this great gameplay, we wanted to dedicate a video to our fans by highlighting all the great content within a particular genre. Here’s the first of four “Genre” videos. Help us by sharing, tweeting, liking, etc, etc it with your friends and show them that LBP2 is much more than just ‘jumping’ Sackboys.

Kudos to the creators of the levels in the video, and to the many more found on the beta!

“Must See”

Check out gevurah22′s latest game creation, a whole lotta’ top-down awesomeness! Willed with VO’d tutorials and super-ninja combo moves. EPIC!

“Must Hear”

And in case you missed this AM’s post, wanted to make sure you saw our latest LittleBigPlanet 2 “feature”-ette….the MUSIC SEQUENCER. No doubt that this tune has become an ear-wig throughout the weekend.

And finally “Must Find”

Consider this a public service announcement for those still interested in the Limited Edition LBP2 Collectors Edition…Don’t forget to pre-order yours before they’re all accounted for. The list is growing pretty quickly…

LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition

PAGE 1 2

+ chow1chow on December 17th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

AWSOME CANT WAIT

+ Seeing_Red_Again on December 17th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Cant wait for LittleBigPlanet 2, really looking forward to the demo next week

+ Mucudadada on December 17th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

Christmas has officially been delayed till January 18th :D

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 17th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

Cant wait for LBP2 i want the CE so bad… btw i got lucky witha beta code the past week. But no beta vest.i can get it or only for the selected users?

+ ElCapitanAmerica on December 17th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Crap, I got LBP not too long ago and haven’t had much time to play it, and now we have LBP2 … why don’t you guys delay it a bit more like GT5?!?! :-)

Take your time, let us catch up!!!

+ digitalman123 on December 17th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

This game looks like a big old bottle of awesome sauce!
OMG! LBP2 idea! With recording with my headset or with the sequencer, a LBP/Linkin Park music video! Look that up when the game’s out kids!
Hey Mark? You know when at the end of a featurette, there’s a bunch of TVs? One had a “Danger Trigger” sign on it at the end of the first featurette. Whuzzat?

+ foodlionslave on December 17th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

Awesome!

+ BarcodeB on December 17th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

Is there a Collectors edition coming out in the UK?

+ Unknown_Gunner on December 17th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

Can’t wait for my Collectors Edition… only game I have ever bought the CE for..
Me and my friends have been waiting for LBP2 for a longggg time, can’t wait for the demo! And to actually use my Move for once.

+ onlineatron on December 17th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

So we will have that lovely collector’s edition in the UK… right… right?

What’s that, no?!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!!! THE BLOODY GAME IS MADE IN ENGLAND AND WE GET A GIMPED COLLECTORS EDITION. SORT YOUR SHIV OUT SONY!!!

I WANT SOME BOOKENDS!!

+ KILLZONE79 on December 17th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

correct me if wrong, arent we not allowed to upload LB2 Beta footage on youtube?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 17th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

There WAS a time when we asked that of our community, but when the Beta went public, we encouraged it.

So if you got a cool level to show off, go for it.

+ digitalman123 on December 17th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Is that song in the music sequencer video fan-made or can we get it? If we can, what is it?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 17th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

The music in the featurette was actually created by one of the Molecules specific for this video, using the in-game sequencer. Not sure if its posted on the beta, but will check.

+ Sir_Vague on December 17th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Wow, wonder what will be made in the final game.
Oh, and…
Yaboobooboobooboobooboo!

+ Rhez on December 17th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

my jaw hurts. Every time I see new LBP2 footage my jaw drops! This is amazing.

+ Fox9751363 on December 17th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

Mark I have a question. The LBP 2 beta codes you gave out on the 8th, I ended up getting one(Thanx) but when I redeemed it I didn’t get a beta vest only the beta. When sony sends out codes, those users get both, so what’s the deal? Was I not supposed to get a beta vest?

+ kdiep on December 17th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

wow, this is amazing! I haven’t followed LBP 2 in a while cause it seemed kind of weak sequel at first but my mind is now blown away.

+ PagingDrUgly on December 17th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

I can’t believe how amazing this platform has become.

I really enjoyed the original game because it was a charming platformer.

AND NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE! Brilliant

+ SykoTech on December 17th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

Hard to believe I’m actually looking forward to Holiday Break ending. Just so I can be that much closer to LBP2.

I suppose the upcoming demo will suffice.

+ Reef1978 on December 17th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

OMG my level Astro Dunk is in the trailer! Thanks guys! You rock!!! :D :D :D

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 17th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

NO! Thank you for creating it!

+ S-E-G on December 17th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

some really top notch games coming soon to PS3

+ Carl-G on December 17th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Looks amazing i really really can’t wait :P (i love LBP) :)

+ DaZetheMaZe on December 17th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

This Game is gonna be Epic

+ BlooodyCow on December 17th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Can’t believe these are just from the beta. Can’t wait to play some levels several months after they game is release because of some of the crazy stuff people will do.

+ zekececil14 on December 17th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

The CE should come with the the original cover art so you can switch if you want.

+ zekececil14 on December 17th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

You guys should make a LittleBigPlanet 2 Dynamic Theme to download off PSN. I have the LittleBigPlanet one and it is AWESOME, but i’ve had it for a while.

+ zekececil14 on December 17th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

BTW, LBP.ME is great!

+ foodlionslave on December 17th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Please one mire round of beta codes before the demo :)

+ footballrule on December 17th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

Christmas has been delayed to January 18th indeed! Loving the Beta test, and can’t wait to play the story! :)

+ Tabs85 on December 17th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

These vids are just fantastic and showcasing just whats possible in this game (game??? or tool to make anything??)

+ ThePerfectMurder on December 17th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

I think we have see enough. I already want to call this GOTY for next year. Even with R3, U3, and Skyrim on the table.

+ JLP_M on December 17th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

I can’t seriously not wait for this game. I want my Sackboy plush!

Guys, I’m gonna make some LBP 2 Shorts on my youtube channel JulyFishHD

+ nsnsmj on December 17th, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

So, Sony. How about letting Amazon ship it out as soon as they get the shipments in, even though that may be earlier than the game’s actual release. Better yet, how about you just ship the game to people who pre-ordered as soon as the discs are pressed. Hehe. The wait is getting to me.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on December 17th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

Why is that Amazon.ca doesn’t even list the collectors edition for this? Is it not going to have it or is it just not listed yet? Thanks.

+ rayz0r1216 on December 17th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

I wish I got lbp2 beta! I play almost all day on weekends. Can you guys please look at my profile?

+ SolduNuts on December 17th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

This game is going to be epic

Thanks for another hit MM

Sold

+ DoggyHound on December 17th, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

The music is so beautiful.. I think i cried :(

+ inspace2020 on December 17th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!!

+ erick_34 on December 17th, 2010 at 7:07 pm said:

i play little big planet every day but i not have the beta but i have 5 month with LBP1 and i have the platinum trophy LBP1 is amazing and LBP2 is much amazing a better i can not wait for my LBP2 Collector Edition aghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!1

+ erick_34 on December 17th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

i play little big planet every day but i not have the beta but i have 5 month with LBP1 and i have the platinum trophy LBP1 is amazing and LBP2 is much amazing and better i can not wait for my LBP2 Collector Edition aghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!1

+ erick_34 on December 17th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

i have 5 month with LBP1 i have the platinum trophy, sony and Mm thx for my sackboy prehistoric moves but i not have the beta :( but i can not wait for my LBP2 Collector Edition!!!!!!!!!

+ erick_34 on December 17th, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

sorry for the comment #37 and #38 my computer is crazy lol

+ ForgiveMyAim on December 17th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

I vote that Sackboy becomes the Mario of Sony

+ NorthernLitez on December 17th, 2010 at 9:26 pm said:

Unbelievable! Each time I see updates this game gets better and better. You guys have outdone yourselves this time. Actually, you’ve outdone any game.

+ rugi1531 on December 17th, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

rarely comment on ps blogs, but i’ll say that those videos are awesome!

+ Catracho25 on December 17th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

well i got my demo code last week and it didnt work…. I emailed PlayStation like 10 times and still no answer can someone help me with this????????

+ FELO_7 on December 17th, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

hello, I just Wanted to let you know that I’d like to pre order the LBP2-CE but the most important games shop in MEXICO has not poster its pre-order so I dont know if its you guys who hadnt send word or if they are not doing anything the name of the store is gemeplanet. I just hope you can loookit up cous I know SONY and PLAY STATION are interested in the sales down in mexico and latin america

+ mustbehiggy on December 17th, 2010 at 9:42 pm said:

Is the collectors edition available in Canada?

+ usAREM_ on December 17th, 2010 at 9:42 pm said:

Hey! a question, would you support youtube ingame support? some of us don’t have the equipment to do it properly, and some leves we want to show it to our friends.

+ Catracho25 on December 17th, 2010 at 9:46 pm said:

I received my demo code via email last week and it didnt work…. I emailed PlayStation like 10 times and still no answer can someone help me with this???????? Maybe someone named –MARK VALLEDOR– :)

+ df2506 on December 17th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

The sports video is amazing. I’m not a huge sports fan, but even I was impressed by all of those levels! The Pool game, especially, looked amazing. All of the other levels looked great though. *drools*

And I’ve seen the Fist of Craft Earth looks VERY cool. I hope that level makes it to the game in January.

Man, can’t wait till Tuesday to play the demo. This game is going to be GRREAT! :)

PAGE 1 2