PS4-The Order

SNK Titles on Sale for PlayStation Plus and SEGA Holiday Sale Starts Tomorrow

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 20, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

As the holidays inch closer, the PlayStation Store decided to partner with two publishers who shaped many gamers’ youths –SNK and SEGA. Both have released some of most noteworthy titles of the 1990s, including Sonic the Hedgehog and King of Fighters. SEGA has done a great job of bringing some of their most popular titles along with revitalizing one of our favorite blue hedgehogs and now SNK is following in their footsteps.

PlayStation Store - SEGA Category PlayStation Store - SNK Category

As an early holiday gift, both of these publishers will be offering sales on a handful of great PSN titles. SNK will be offering PlayStation Plus subscribers a 20% discount on all SNK games when they release in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update. Also, SEGA will be holding a sale that includes some of their newer releases, such as Valkyria Chronicles 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, and the re-release of Sonic Adventure. All these items can be found in the “Featured Publishers” category on the games section of the PlayStation Store. See the full list below:

SNK Discounted Titles

• Alpha Mission (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Art of Fighting (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Baseball Stars Professional (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Fatal Fury (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • League Bowling (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Magician Lord (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Metal Slug (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Samurai Showdown (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • Super Sidekicks (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
  • The King of Fighters ’94 (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)

SEGA Discount Titles

• After Burner Climax (sale price $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Gunstar Heroes (sale price $2.99, original price $4.99)
  • Sonic Adventure (sale price $4.99, original price $9.99)
  • Sonic Adventure DX Upgrade (sale price $1.99, original price $4.99)
  • Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1 (PlayStation Plus price $7.49, sale price $9.99, original price $14.99)
  • Football Manager Handheld 2010 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)
  • Iron Man (sale price $15.99, original price $19.99)
  • Phantasy Star Portable 2 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)
  • Sega Genesis Collection UMD Legacy (sale price $9.99, original price $15.99)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2 (sale price $15.99, original price $39.99)

Still looking for more great games to play over the cold winter break? Be sure to check the previously released dedicated storefronts for Disney, EA, Sony Online Entertainment and TikGames, which hold some of the best downloadable games and DLC released on the PlayStation Store.

PlayStation Store - Disney Category PlayStation Store - EA Category

PlayStation Store - SOE Category PlayStation Store - TikGames Category

Have a great holiday!

88 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Christian399 on December 20th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Great deals, but I have a question that I can’t seem to get an answer on. I’ve posted numerous times to no avail on the PS Blog, DCUO forums and e-mailed SCEA themselves.

Will DCUO be getting a digital version on the PSN?

I’ll buy it in a heartbeat if it does! I buy all my MMOs digital.

Thanks!

+ Sorrows_Passion on December 20th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Awesome discounts, thanks guys!

+ G-Force08 on December 20th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Here, why dont you guys just put your name on my bank account while you are at it? STOP MAKING ME SPEND MONEY HERE D:

I have to hold back. Just Echochrome II and Eat Them this week >.<

(Watch, I'll end up spending another 100 this week on here lol.)

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on December 20th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

kewl

+ mixedkidbx on December 20th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

sigh…. this is not the type of xmas sale i was hoping for. would have preferred PSN have sales on games that have been released recently on the PSN and not titles being re-released from the 90′s

I had hoped to see Deathspank 2 on sale after you guys had Deathspank on sale. Wanted to see Castle Crashers on sale and a bunch of other titles.

Guess i wont be spending my money on anything for now…

+ JLP_M on December 20th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Oh my, Tommarow is going to be a big Update. LBP 2 Demo, Mass Effect Demo, Mag Game Trail, Sega and SNK Sales….Hopefully some PLUS stuff. Man I love sony! Merry Xmas Everyone

+ SephTiger on December 20th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

PSP2 for that price? I just might.

+ Aphasial on December 20th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

@Christian399 I can’t speak for SOE… but you do realize that it’s a 15GB download right now, correct? Although some assets will always need to be updated over time, and I can’t say how often a re-released retail box will come out, that’s a very large initial download for a lot of people.

Just saying.

+ Neil on December 20th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this post!

+ yen-cid on December 20th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Guys im really like the Themes for the PSN store! KEEP EM COMING THEY ARE GREAT :D

+ megamixer on December 20th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

I’ll be picking up some Sega games for sure, but if these are the only discounts US PSN is getting I’ll be a sad camper. EU PSN is getting deals on numerous games from at least half a dozen publishers covering PS1, PSP, and PSN titles. I’ll hold out hope for Worms 2: Armageddon & Tales of Monkey Island (among other games) to go on sale here as they will be over in europe.

+ yen-cid on December 20th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

@Aphasia: Uhhhh the client downloads those 15 gigs… they only need to upload the client.

+ Grouken on December 20th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

You should post store updates on Mondays to know how much money we need to spend on Tuesday.

+ JumpMan33 on December 20th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Any word if the NeoGeo Classics have trophies?

+ megamixer on December 20th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

There’s the SCEE ‘festive sale’ blog post. See all of those games? All of those discounts? Now look at the list for SCEA. Total weaksauce. :( Please try to match your foreign counterparts!

+ SwissBanks on December 20th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

The Europeans seem to get everything better than the US and they get the better stuff first. I regretted getting PS+ the first time, then they released the Killzone beta and I got suckered in and resubscribed but the beta was so limited nobody I even know got one.

PS+ in the US is a giant thumbs down unless you’re into PS1 games and mini’s which I’m definitely not.

+ sboun on December 20th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Valkyria Chronicles 2

+ Surfaced on December 20th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

$16 for Valkyria II or Phantasy Star 2 is a freaking steal

+ Onvertic on December 20th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Hope they offer more sales like this. And Disney allow SE to bring KH:BBS to the ps store!

+ Neil on December 20th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

I’m a bit disappointed that the SNK NeoGeo Station didn’t receive its own blog post here as the info in this post is pretty lacking. For those that don’t know, NeoGeo games are FINALLY coming to your PS3 and PSP with more games apparently coming soon.

+ ChronoGear on December 20th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Is “Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1″ actually Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1? I assume it’s a simple typo but it can lead to slight confusion. If it is Sonic 4 I might just be sold on it. $7.49 sounds like a good price for it.

+ Mobius_124 on December 20th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

Question: Will these Publishers’ storefronts be permanent on the PS store?

+ Wilsonvolley on December 20th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

Who is picking up Sonic 4: Ep 1 tomorrow? This guy.

+ Onvertic on December 20th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

Oh and Sony, a Daxter pricedrop would be nice:)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 20th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

the only games im looking forward to buying this week is the EAT em Up…and Rocket Knight…and hopefully they have a discount on it :p if not its ok me and my pal will be spiltting it and sharing it ;) ooh and im also looking forward to that Modnation DLC..and the LBP2 Demo.Man Sony sure knows how to keep on giving for the holidays huh? :)

+ Shrewder on December 20th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

PSN sales are always appreciated. Thanks. :)

+ ThanatosDMC on December 20th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

Awesome!

+ KidCommando on December 20th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

Damn, tomorrow is going to be one ultra super mega update!

Those games bring back a lot of memories. Oh how I loved Magician Lord and changing into the other characters.

Even with the Plus discount I still think the prices are a little high. Most likely won’t buy them, but cool that they are available to the fans.

+ jqtaxpayer on December 20th, 2010 at 5:57 pm said:

Nice, might have to pick up SEGA Genesis Collection for the PSP.

If anyone from SNK is listening, the world needs an HD remake of Baseball Stars for the NES!

+ shazbot-finubus on December 20th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

what games are on the SEGA Genesis Collection?

+ poodude on December 20th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

Can we expect any other sales in the near-future?

+ rjejr on December 20th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Sonic Adventure came with my Dreamcast and was my first ever – well whatever kind of game it was – 2d, 3d, side-scrolling open world platforming game? Will have to get it for $5 just to show the kids.

So, with all these great demos this week should we expect a midnight update on the East coast? Any chance LBP2 demo gets auto DL’s so I don’t have to stay up that late?

+ hush404 on December 20th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Oooh, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Phantasy Star Portable 2 on for $16 a piece? Decent.

+ that-acmilan-guy on December 20th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Sonic episode 1 is a must for plus now!

+ lebronjc on December 20th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

no neo geo trophies, forget it…

+ MairusuPawa on December 20th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

Would love to buy Sonic Adventure (DX) and After Burner Climax.

How can I do it while keeping OtherOS on my 3.15 PS3?

+ SlashZaku on December 20th, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

I’d nab Valkyria Chronicles 2 but I like physically owning stuff if the option is available so I’ll be passing on the sale =\

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 20th, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

thanks for Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1 half price :)

+ CH1N1T0- on December 20th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

How come, SCEE gets more sale items that SCEA?

Uhm, no trophies for NEO GEO? ;(((

+ Shakatu on December 20th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

Typo: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
not Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 1

+ MetalGearCrysis on December 20th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Time to pick up the 2 Sonic titles.

+ RadRed on December 20th, 2010 at 7:02 pm said:

Time to buy Sonic 4: Episode 1.

+ Tjoeb123 on December 20th, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

@JLP_M
OMG, you serious?! If that is true, then it may very well be the biggest update since October 9th. And we all know how massive THAT update was.

The only thing that would make this even sweeter is if Square would be so kind to add Xenogears to the PS1 lineup.

I had BETTER be getting some PSN cards on Saturday. I’ve been leveling my PSP2 chr to 15 via the demo (half of the time was offline, sadly) so I could just jump in and play it. The only PSN games I want for Xmas are that, VC2, SFA3M (Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX), and SFA2. And maybe the Fullmetal Alchemist dynamic theme.

Grace, it would probably be wise to add to the post that the Sega sale ends January 3, 2011. (Source: Sega blogs) Also for those of you who have other gaming devices like the iPhone, Sega is having a sale on select titles there too. (like the iOS versions of Sonic 4 and Gunstar Heroes)

+ JdmEd16 on December 20th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

Hey Sony. I just bought Sonic Adventure and I didn’t get any discount. It was $9.99 and I was expecting it to be $4.99. :(

+ sawao_yama on December 20th, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

@JdmEd16

You know the sale is tomorrow right?

+ smokey_vols on December 20th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

60% off of VC2 is a great deal, too bad I don’t own a PSP any longer :( . I’ll still pick up Sonic Ep. 1 though, been waiting for the sale price on that game!

+ tlwizard81 on December 20th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

Hooray for Valkyria Chronicles 2!!

+ Maurisio on December 20th, 2010 at 9:04 pm said:

Great update so much to download. I have a question though who’s responsible for Birth by Sleep not being on the psn store Disney or Square enix? I need to know so i can initiate my attack…..which by i mean angry letters…..yeah that’s what i mean…….. -_* lol.

+ Sum-Mischief on December 20th, 2010 at 9:32 pm said:

Yeah I will be spending much money this week

PAGE 1 2