PS4-Watch_Dogs

BUZZ!: Quiz Player Delivers Free Fun Today with Facebook Integration, DualShock support

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Dec 21, 2010 // Associate Producer

Today we’ll be launching the new BUZZ!: Quiz Player, a free BUZZ! experience that will be available to download on PSN. BUZZ!: Quiz Player lets you play through a variety of classic BUZZ! rounds like Point Builder, Fastest Finger, Point Stealer and Final Countdown while challenging your trivia knowledge with 90 sample questions. To access even more questions, you can use BUZZ!: Quiz Player’s in-game PSN Store launching feature to download a wide selection of question expansion packs including Comedy, Rock Legends, Space, U.S. Sports and more.

Buzz Quiz Player for PS3 (PSN)

The best part about BUZZ!: Quiz Player is that for the first time ever, anyone can get in on the quiz action by using either BUZZ! Buzzers or DualShock 3 wireless controllers to answer questions. Just download BUZZ!: Quiz Player from PSN and you’ll have everything that you need to challenge your quiz skills in the single player mode or square off against up to four of your friends in local multiplayer BUZZ! showdowns. For added fun, you can even use BUZZ!: Quiz Player’s Facebook integration feature to publish the details of your games online for all of your friends to see.

PlayStation Network continues to be the premiere entertainment hub for the entire family and with new content added every week, there’s never been a better time to login and discover the latest and greatest in games, movies, TV shows and sports programming. While you’re exploring PSN’s growing library, be sure to check out the BUZZ!: Quiz Player and enjoy a few free rounds of trivia with your friends and family when you’re celebrating this holiday season!

31 Comments

+ Neil on December 21st, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Sweet. I own the last 2 Buzz games on PS3.

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on December 21st, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

move support?

+ texas_ride on December 21st, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

trophy support?

+ CaptainEnforcer on December 21st, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

Will this feature trophy support?

+ moriarty1975 on December 21st, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

E.U release date?

+ musicismyradar on December 21st, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

Buzz is one of the most annoying characters ever! I love the game, but hate him!

Also, this is cool, especially since it’s free, but it would be nice to have a sale on those overpriced DLC packs.

+ KazeEternal on December 21st, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Will the content from the other buzz games be made available for download?

+ kephithedon on December 21st, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

IS THIS DLC FOR A BUZZ GAMES ON PS3 AND PSP OR JUST A STANDALONE GAME

+ musicismyradar on December 21st, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

@8 kephitdeon…how about you read the blog post again?

+ The1stMJC on December 21st, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

nice idea will be checking this out.

This is becoming the biggest PSN Store update ever. Yet I know in the store post it will be filled with complaints, but hey that’s what the internet is for.

+ Kithkarnon on December 21st, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

Sounds like a “demo” of Buzz Quiz that you can expand with the same DLC that Buzz uses. It would be nice if they would be a little more descriptive to us with regards to needing this if you already own both PS3 (NA region) Buzz games.

+ musicismyradar on December 21st, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

“It would be nice if they would be a little more descriptive to us with regards to needing this if you already own both PS3 (NA region) Buzz games.”

Why on Earth would you need this if you already own the other games? This is just a sample game with 90 questions.

+ WrekGar on December 21st, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

This is a nice app… I have both versions of Buzz Quiz on the PS3. It’s is a definite party game.

+ kephithedon on December 21st, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

9 @MUSICMYRADAR I WAS ASKING IS THIS CONTENT IS A ADD ON OR DLC TO THIS GAME http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz!:_Quiz_World <—
OR ANY OTHER BUZZ GAMES THATS RELEASE OVER THE PAST YEARS READ THAT BEFORE YOU ANSWER AND MY NAME IS KEPHITHEDON THANKS

+ scorpio182 on December 21st, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Cool, i bought Buzz last year and love it. Great when people come over, they can’t get enough and plan their next visit lol

+ Warped on December 21st, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

I dont think move will do anything. I love buzz! we need buzz with lan features i have 2 ps3 at my house and i know many other people have multiple ps3s in there homes so a 4 v 4 lan party game will be awesome! with mics and pseye support even better!

+ freddyrivas on December 21st, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

cool……………..

+ Kirkpad on December 21st, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

Will the question packs we’ve already purchased be compatible with this software? It would be really cool if I could play my horror and National Geographic questions without a Buzz buzzer or disc.

+ TRIX_BOL on December 21st, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

This are great news, thanks for the heads up Jenny. :)
I am sure this will be good to enjoy as the past few Buzz games, this worth the try plus the DualShock 3 support is a win.
Also some great Buzz PSN Avatars and price drops on the DLCs would be appreciated as well. ;)

Thanks to the team behind this Free-Buzz Experience.

+ killa2dahead on December 21st, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

exactly what times does the psn store update with this game?

+ gold5225 on December 21st, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

This is going to be awesome for FREE!

+ TRIX_BOL on December 21st, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

@20 Killa2dahead

You could expect the PSN Store updates starting from 5 p.m. Eastern Time Zone. Sometimes they be published a bit later, but there will be a lot of content on today’s store update. So hopefully I expect it to be anytime today. ;-)

+ daniel3334 on December 21st, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

our family loves the buzz games. we already have four of them so this smaller one willbe a nice addition. surely,these are 90 new questions. we will try it either way. oh yeah,thanks for the free content! hopefully this will get people to buy other editions of buzz and get the servers full again.im guessing we wont be able to publish our own questions in this version,is this assumption corect? either way its awesome ya’ll are doing this! thx again.

+ CaptainEnforcer on December 21st, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

I think this would be perfect to use with the new Playstation Rewards program. Sort of like 1 vs 100 was on XBL. But I can’t wait for this, it’s gonna be pretty awesome.

+ Jetup on December 21st, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Pretty awesome

+ digitalman123 on December 21st, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

I’ll probably forget to buy this, but I gotta say, Dualshock 3 support is a vast improvement. I lost my Buzz Quiz TV receiver.

+ edub1026 on December 21st, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Just in time for xmas at the in-laws now I can leave TV Show king at home. I’ve been wanting this game for a while but never purchased, now might be the time.

+ BallinOutTheBox on December 21st, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

Awesome! I played the game by friends, but was skeptical to purchase the game myself. This is a great chance for me to experience the game more without dropping money down on a BUZZ! bundle just yet. I’m glad you guys are offering this. Keep on bringing the great content.

+ disneyboi81 on December 21st, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

Where is Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz for the US?

+ XxsnipersnakexX on December 29th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

but no trophy support !_!

+ ChuckNorrisJohn5 on January 13th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

should i buy this?
seems like easy trophies xD