Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 21

Dec 21

MotorStorm Apocalypse Dev Diary Details The Festival, New Gameplay Video

Matt Southern's Avatar Posted by Game Director, Evolution Studios

We teamed up with the guys in the video production department at Studio Liverpool to produce three video diaries focusing on the two main modes in the upcoming MotorStorm Apocalypse. Both modes have been present in every MotorStorm game, but we’re trying to do a lot more with them this time round. This one is all about Festival mode, which is our version of a ‘Campaign.’

There’s a ton of unseen game footage in this video that I hope you like and also some glimpses into the recording of the original soundtrack. It features Paul ‘Rushy’ Rustchynsky, our Lead Designer and handling design guru, and Simon ‘Barlos’ Barlow, our invaluable Assistant Game Director who looks after big chunks of the gameplay features.

We call our more flexible free-play mode ‘Wreckreation,’ and it needs two video diaries to fully explain. They’ll follow soon. For now, enjoy our first video diary focusing on The Festival!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Enkei-Xpress said:

December 21st, 7:53 pm

This looks really awesome! :D

Keep up the good work. :)

LandmineSalesman said:

December 22nd, 7:14 am

game looks great but racing games aren’t worth $60 anymore….I hope this retails for $40

GTAce said:

December 22nd, 8:30 am

MotorStorm is definitely one of my most favorite new franchises from this generation. I was sceptical first and thought the theme might be too extreme, but the more I see of it, the more I want this game. Although, there are still a lot of things I would love to see in the franchise and I have tons of ideas how you could improve it, but I guess I am not the only one. 8)

an-inFamous1337 said:

December 22nd, 9:11 am

This game will be one of the best in 2011.With 3D tech it will be something else.

killraven2099 said:

December 22nd, 9:23 am

Great video! I live near San Francisco, you have nice touches like the BART trains underground. I recognized one PARK garage sign that falls down. Some of the buildings are familiar too.

I am a big Motorstorm fan, love the first two games, especially Pacific Rift. Looks like Apocalypse will be a must buy for me in 2011.

ballagh said:

December 22nd, 1:52 pm

Jamie Brayshaw – Can you confirm GT Wheel Control option? How about 1080P and the speed? I can’t wait to play this in 3D. 3D Rift is pretty cool, this one should be insane. Hopefully the online will be just as amazing as the game looks.

Thanks and merry xmas

CREEVAL said:

December 28th, 12:49 pm

There are 100’s of questions regarding racing wheel support around the net for this game as now that GT5 has come out Logitech wheels have been flying off the shelves but not a peep from you guys on it. This game would make so much sense to have wheel support so please let us know you’re including it in the game now that so many more PS3 users now own one.

PAGE 1 2