GTAV PS4

Today on PSN: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam, Dead Space 2 demo, Mass Effect 2 Demo, More

Eduardo Vasconcellos's Avatar + Posted by Eduardo Vasconcellos on Dec 21, 2010 // Community Manager, Bioware

Welcome To The Jungle – Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam live today

Today’s the day all our amazing PlayStation 3 fans can get their hands on Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. This expansion pack to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 adds new maps, weapons, vehicles and trophies, all set to a two hour soundtrack of period-typical songs, making for one dynamic tour of duty.

Along with all of this great content comes a challenge to you, our PS3 audience, directly from Battlefield developer DICE called The Battle for Hastings. This challenge asks players to complete 69 million support actions within Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which will unlock the fifth map to be found in the expansion, Operation Hastings.

Get ready to do your part in The Battle for Hastings and download Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PS3 today! And while you’re at it, take advantage of our newly dropped prices on Onslaught (now $4.99), Shortcut Kit ($14.99), and in case you haven’t picked up the variety of free multiplayer maps through our VIP Pass, you can now pick that up for just $9.99.

Dead Space 2 Demo Infests PSN Today

by Jay Frechette, Community Manager, Visceral Games

Dead Space 2 for PS3Dead Space 2 for PS3

Hello Dead Space fans! Today the single player demo for Dead Space 2 is available on the PlayStation Store! We can’t wait for you guys to play it and wanted to share a couple details of what to expect.

In the Dead Space 2 demo, you will take engineer Isaac Clarke on a terrifying adventure through the Church of Unitology, what appears to be a sanctuary quickly turns dangerous and deadly, during the Necromorph outbreak on the Sprawl. You’ll have access to a variety of new tools, including the new Javelin gun that has an electrifying secondary attack, the updated stasis recharge mechanic and enhanced telekinesis ability. Don’t forget to stop at the Store to change into the advanced suit, equipped with jets that will allow Isaac full 360-degree control in zero-g space! We hope you enjoy it and pick up Dead Space 2 when it’s released on 1/25/2011.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Super Sports Pack hits PSN today

by Spenser Norrish, Community Coordinator, EA

One of the fastest street legal race cars ever manufactured has joined the pursuit! The GUMPERT Apollo S—as well as the equally awesome Porsche 911 GT2 RS and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport—is now available in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit via the Super Sports Pack. This DLC (available for $6.99) also brings 13 new events and 11 new Trophies into the fray.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 demo arrives today on PSN

by Jarrett Lee

Today marks the first time PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to experience the Mass Effect universe. The demo for Mass Effect 2 has arrived, allowing players to experiment with character creation (which will you chose: play as the iconic John Shepard or your own customized Commander Shepard?), play through the opening levels of the game, and even jump to an area further into the game to try out some of the more intense combat areas and see the kinds of amazing locations that can be visited throughout the story.

Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 is the most advanced Unreal Engine game shipped to date, and makes full use of the PS3’s hardware to bring this BioWare-created universe to life in spectacular detail. In fact, it was built on the same engine being used to build the recently announced Mass Effect 3! Here’s your chance to see it for yourself – and don’t forget that after the holiday the full game arrives on PS3 January 18th – including six hours of bonus missions, and an interactive digital comic designed by BioWare and Dark Horse Comics to introduce new players to the franchise. The digital comic allows players to make key choices about their back-story that will be reflected during their game.

And that’s not all!

Starting today, EA is happy to offer you the following add-ons for some of your favorite games at a lower price!

• Dante’s Inferno – Trials of St. Lucia, $4.99

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

+ HatmanTc on December 21st, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

@297 i need one of those badly

+ chereb on December 21st, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

Yes it has. SEARCH

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 21st, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

@vinnydictive Dude pay attention. He means that u have to search with the search function at the store to find what u r looking for

+ Nedley_Mandingo on December 21st, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

I live in Ohio and the store STILL has not updated. It’s 8:56pm.

+ DavidRado on December 21st, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Thank you so much guys! Yes I am downloading all 3 new big demos. Now I will always go to search first. ME2 first! Can wait!!!

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

what i’m looking for isn’t in the search box or i would have downloaded it the first time someone said “try the search box”

+ Momo_39648 on December 21st, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

Ha. Yeah. I had a 60gb before that. I also got a 320gb external hd so I could move everything over to new hard drive. Ha. Good Christmas last year. Ha.

+ WarriorOfPersia on December 21st, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

Will we be able of using the characters we create in the ME2 demo in the actual ME2 complete game? Because I played the fist one on X360 and I’m FREAKING looking forward to playing this game.

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

@frankman1, i’m paying plenty of attention, i’m looking at my TV right now, and it isn’t there.

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 21st, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

@vinnydictive and what are you looking for?

+ derth44 on December 21st, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

its funny because the grammatic error in the vietnam dlc video at the 9.5 when its says 9,5.

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

“search, search, search, use the search box” do you think i’m not seeing these comments? what i’m waiting for is nowhere to be found, not even in the search box. i’m being patient, i have no problems waiting as long as it takes but don’t tell me that it’s there and to “pay attention” if it’s quite clearly not.

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

again, the WWE roster update (i’m aware of the alt attie for “shad” that’s up, i’m waiting for wade barrett, david otunga and justin gabriel)

+ tonydamiani on December 21st, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

Pfft Knowing Sony. Like 1 of there updates. They update the Store almost at 1am my time. So I think this will be the same. Thanks a Lot. Guy of marketing! If you guys wanna sell good. Be faster. People disappoint and go and don’t buy. Because of this.

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

they must be in the process of putting it up, because i can see the picture for the add on but there’s no content in it. like i said, i can wait, i have patience, but it isn’t up yet.

+ megachevpro on December 21st, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

@312 yeah, same thing by me. Nada

+ Slayer612 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

I don’t like the PS3 online experience anymore. Not only do you guys bring out content late, but you lack many features XBL has. I am disappointed because I am a HUGE SONY fan.

PS – To the immature people out there who are ready to bash my opinion, read this post carefully and I guarantee you, you will agree with me.

+ ElCapitanAmerica on December 21st, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

@317 Slayer612

“Not only do you guys bring out content late”

What does this mean? Do you have some type of agreement with Sony were they promised you to send you updates at a particular time?

Look, I’ve been looking forward to this update but the day is not over. I don’t see why this means a bad “online” experience just because you aren’t getting an immediate update at some specific time *you* want it.

Relax.

+ vcotson on December 21st, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

psst tell me ED ;) are u going to like ME 2 on the ps3 better than the guys ;)

+ KARAMO on December 21st, 2010 at 6:09 pm said:

I’m in Florida and still no update in sight, You guys really need to get it together.

+ DonCalzone21 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

MASS EFFECT 2 is a GREAT game. Got it on XB360. No doubt it will be better on PS3

+ KillerStefan15 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Why is all the DLC more expensive in Europe?
1 dollar doesn’t equal 1 euro.

+ VeniVidiVici95 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Am I the only one excited for The Tester Season 2 finale? Really?

Anyways, come on Sony. Your updates usually come up like 3 hours earlier than this. Get on with it.

+ Warped on December 21st, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

LIES! no update yet!

@Hooligantuan #300 i like Vietnamese people too my neighbors are Vietnamese doesn’t mean a game cant be fun that was many years ago and every game you can be on the other side and kill Americans doesn’t make it any different.

+ error16 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

mass effect 2 demo on now

+ Warped on December 21st, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

i wana see the tester too ive been rooting for scooter since day 1

+ error16 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

all live now

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

i just feel bad for “grandpa” at christmas when billy is playing vietnam and he starts having flashbacks. (seriously)

+ AZ929 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

The anticipation between now and the update is killing everyone. lol.

Also, Big Surf Island for $7… That happens to be the amount of money I have on PSN… Oh boy. Or should I get the Legendary Pack? Decisions decisions.

+ Hummer94 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

At this point I’m just really irritated. I’ve been patient all day, waiting from 9:00 this morning. I guess I should’ve expected it though seeing how every update takes this long. Sony really needs to fix this NOW, cause at this point it’s beyond annoying.

+ StealthBlade98 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

9:15pm for me and still not Vietnam on the store. What gives?

Sadly, the comic beginning for Mass Effect 2 doesn’t replace Mass Effect 1. I want my choices made by me not by a prescripted comic event; I want Mass Effect 1. If Team Ninja of Tecmo can port Exclusive Ninja Gaiden to PS3 users, then Bioware you can too with ME1. Stop making excuses and get it done.
So I won’t get Mass Effect 2, and if I must I’ll buy 360 for the full trilogy experience the way it was meant to be experienced.

However, even with this I cannot wait for Dragon Age 2 :D

+ ANomAr on December 21st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

Why say DLC available today if its gonna be available like two hours before tomorrow! Cant stand this.

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

@333, agreed, c’mon already!

+ brubawil87 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

Its all live GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

+ vinnydictive on December 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz …huh…wha..??

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

It’s close enough to release so just say it, Dead Space 2 Move support, yay or nay?

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on December 21st, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

daum i need 2 get bfbc2

+ Warped on December 21st, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

Store is up and running! if not do a search on what your looking for!

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on December 21st, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

asap man

+ Jasko45 on December 21st, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

I got the Vietnam Expansion at 8:10pm EST. Just went to the search bar at the top of the PS Store, found Vietnam BFBC2 – downloaded it – only 150KB download, so we all know the actual expansion was included in that last update w/ Map Pack 7, plus patch.

As for the demos.. er..

+ Vorlord on December 21st, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

Man! Of all the games I have downloaded and the demo’s and beta being sent… I got my work cut out for me! =D

+ SARGENTPEPPERssb on December 21st, 2010 at 7:07 pm said:

PS3 YOU ARE THE WORST (Next to x box) IMA BUSTA CAP I REALLY WILL IM FREAKIN OUT

+ SARGENTPEPPERssb on December 21st, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

it is not 7pm ITS 10 PM GET TO IT NOW YOU ARE SLOW WITH VIETNAM BEEN WAITIN ALL DAY

+ REBEL21 on December 21st, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

You guys need to search it on PSN

+ REBEL21 on December 21st, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

@ 342

What do you expect? 5+ demos. Its a big ass update you know. The 360 is much worse so be quite

+ DiZial on December 22nd, 2010 at 12:38 am said:

Haha, glad that Mass Effect 2 is truly coming to PS3. That and Gears of War were the only games I was really missing from the 360 games. Also, why no mention of LBP2?

+ HatmanTc on December 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 am said:

@345 there is not mention of LBP2 in this post because EA doesn’t make that game.. and this was a post created by an EA PR rep..

+ mew_frenger on December 22nd, 2010 at 5:04 am said:

will bf vietnam ever be released as a separete game, like bf 1943?

plis!

+ fathead170 on December 22nd, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

hey whats \ with releaseing it so late i didnt get to download or play any of it cause i havce to work an sleep next two days an then christmas weekend with my parents no internet or ps3 ugh then back two work two more days thanks for makin a really loyal fan mad i wont b support future games unless u change. make sure u dont release it on 360 at 6am an then ps3 10pm wtf makes me hate 360 and bad company

+ mister_maz on December 22nd, 2010 at 10:18 am said: