Uncharted 4

Happy Holidays from Guerrilla!

Aryeh Loeb's Avatar + Posted by Aryeh Loeb on Dec 23, 2010 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

happyholidays01

The holidays are here! After a busy but productive crunch period on Killzone 3, we’re finally able to catch up on our Z’s and spend some quality time with the family. For quite a few of us, there’s an additional family member waiting at home this year. In fact, since we began working on Killzone 3 over a dozen of our developers have become parents!

Here at Guerrilla, we observe a peculiar Dutch tradition to celebrate the birth of a baby: we eat “beschuit met muisjes,” which literally translates as “biscuits with little mice.” It’s a Dutch delicacy consisting of biscuits coated in butter and sprinkled with sugared anise seeds. We also give the parents these adorable little one-pieces to put on their newborns:

happyholidays02

As to why there have been so many Guerrilla babies lately – perhaps it’s the constant exposure to militaristic Helghast propaganda, which has increased the virility of our developers. Or perhaps it’s simply a sign that Guerrilla has matured. After all, the young turks who stood at the studio’s metaphorical cradle ten years ago are professionals in their thirties today. They’re old and wise enough to stand at real cradles.

Being able to provide for your family by doing what you love is a rare fortune, and it’s during these days of celebration and reflection that we truly realize how blessed we are. We want to take this opportunity to thank you, the fans, for supporting us all these years; for showering us with your infectious enthusiasm and honest criticism, and for playing our games with endless dedication. We hope you’ll share a wonderful holiday with your loved ones, and we’ll see you in 2011.

42 Comments

+ junpeai on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

lol

+ spideyal on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

I want that T-Shirt… oh so very badly.
And good job GG with the new “baby’s daddy’s” in your office! Wish you guys the best and hope you guys have a good Christmas. :)

You deserve a good break.

+ freddyrivas on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

nice picture and happy holidays to you GG and all

+ SilverWei on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

“guerrilla babies”

Priceless.

+ Ekisperto on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

Nice pic lol. BTW, Merry Xmas to you Guerrilla, happy new year and congratulations for the new parents. :)

+ junpeai on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

Happy hoilday and mery xmass Guerilla

+ Mattsta001 on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

Speaking of Helghast propaganda, any chance you guys could release the Helghast propaganda theme that was a KZ2 pre order bonus? Or some themes that are similar. I asked Seb about it ages ago and he gave a kind of vague reply. Have a nice Xmas guys.

+ Korbei83 on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

Zalig kerstfeest en felicitaties GG!

+ ixnine on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Congratulations to all the new parents. Guerilla, I hope you all have a great holiday and much success in the new and following new year(s). For now I’m really looking forward to Killzone 3 and I can’t wait to get my hands on it..

+ loadstone007 on December 23rd, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

What I would do to work at Guerilla. Too bad I’m from the Middle East… :/

+ derth44 on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

its merry christmas!!!!!

+ spunnups on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

Great Blog Post, Merry Christmas to you guys as well. The fans truly appreciate the amount of effort put into your games.

+ Seiryuki2002 on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

Nice Christmas wallpaper. Merry Christmas GG!

Hey, I really like KZ2, but is there technology that can censor the f-words, like an option, for KZ3? I really had to lower the volume or mute it many times during the KZ2 story and so it was difficult to follow. I’m an adult, but the f-words are difficult to bear.

I really love the science fiction theme! That attracted me and so KZ2 became my first and only FPS. I love the weighty-feel too. Well, I’m speaking for my brother in terms of gameplay (but I enjoy watching while he plays), as I can’t use analogue sticks for shooting at all. I bought a Move, and since I got surgeon’s hands I’ll give it a shot.

Again, thanks for making great games and Merry Christmas.
(Can you guys at Guerilla Games do Morph Target Animation?)

+ judalation on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

Thanks GG in advance for the greatest fps on any console…

+ MaxxAmmo on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

Thank you Guerrilla Games, for all your hard work, dedication and commitment to creating great games! Happy Holidays!

+ BlooodyCow on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

Happy Holiday Guerrilla games.

+ k9guerrero on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Will there be a Ps3 Slim Console Faceplate of Killzone 3 to put on the top of the Ps3?

+ mcbuttz78 on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

@ heligast singing “joy to the world”.. way to funny!!

+ antihero-Mike on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Guerilla Games my #1 developer. You guys rock!

+ ICU-KILLA on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

THANK YOU BEST FPS EVER MADE #1 MERRY X-MAS

+ SeanScythe on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Merry Christmas, thanks for all your hard work and can’t wait to see how much it’s paid off.

+ DonnyG on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

sick!

+ cell989 on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

thats a badass baby shirt, epic

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on December 23rd, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Wish you guys the best!!! Now get back to work lol…jk ;)

+ footballrule on December 23rd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

We love you GG, and I am wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! :)

+ Waleed_ on December 23rd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Happy holidays thanks you for making the best fps in the world killzone 2 which will be gone to the next best fps killzone 3 :)

+ NotoriousGamer on December 23rd, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

I should have gotten the KZ3 beta. I put in more then 24hrs of KZ2 online. :(

+ TheGuardianFID on December 23rd, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

That pic is hilarious, you guys rock!!! 8)

+ technophobia on December 23rd, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

I want one of those sleepers for my 10 month old daughter!

Who do I need to bribe? What do I need to do?

+ CaruthK on December 23rd, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

You know what would be sick. If you guys make a Christmas theme fro the PS3 I would love that. Happy holidays guys

+ theultimatenub on December 23rd, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

happy holidays to all at guerrilla games for their awesome commitment

+ OCDog45 on December 23rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

That a sick onezie

+ JKar275 on December 23rd, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Happy Holidays to everyone at Guerilla Games!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed Killzone 2 and the Killzone 3 beta and I can hardly wait for Feb. 22 for Killzone 3.

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 23rd, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

LOL

+ GAM3R_16 on December 23rd, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Merry Christmas and happy New Year! & Thank you for the best FPS series Ever!

+ Richlando on December 23rd, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

Merry Christmas and we have a 4 month old that said he wants one of those onesies!!

+ EagleEyeSamurai on December 23rd, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, you crazy guerillas!

+ igorrocks2 on December 23rd, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

As a European made guy and I know Germans very well as I am originally from Belarus (Minsk) `happy holidays and thanks for the support you given to us – really hope this will continue as I know 3 ppl were killed on demonstration on dec 19 – I live in Canada but its still feels like bloody holiday for me and my family I hope you’ll have happiest holidays and congrats to new daddy!

+ XScreamingEagleX on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

BEAST PICTURE!!

+ p8160134 on December 23rd, 2010 at 10:55 pm said:

Thank you Guerrilla Games, for all your hard work;and keep working on KZ3 !
Happy Holiday !

+ Unleashed104 on December 24th, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

preordered this game today…cant wait…keep up the hard work guerrilla and Merry Christmas

+ Natolain on December 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

lol I bet they sound funny singing with their masks on, awesome. Merry Christmas GG!