Uncharted 4

inFAMOUS 2 Update and 2010 Recap

Ken Schramm's Avatar + Posted by Ken Schramm on Dec 27, 2010 // Sucker Punch Productions

inFAMOUS 2

Hey guys, hope you are having a great holiday break. 2010 was a huge year starting with the amazing response to our announcement at E3 to the sharing of Cole’s comic book inspirations at Comic-Con. Whether it’s exciting new powers, gruesome new enemies, or a new comic book, there’s a lot in store for our hero/villain Cole MacGrath.

inFAMOUS 2

We’re busy working on making inFAMOUS 2 the best action game experience we possibly can, and we’ll have more to share in the New Year, including some big announcements. What will Cole’s powers be? How will your choices affect the game? What lies unseen in the city of New Marais? Your questions will be answered in 2011.

Until then, check out the holiday issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine where you can get more details on inFAMOUS 2 and soak in some new images from the game.

We’ll have more updates soon — thanks for your support!!

67 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Wipeoutt31 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

Release date, please.

+ oFelipeNFo on December 27th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

When are we going to see a new trailer?(with release date)

+ BigRon3400 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

Please say there will be some unlockable costumes for Cole. Also the old Cole voice was great. Hate that you changed it.

+ NissanFlyboy on December 27th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

Looking good!Oh and on my computer this is under the Jaffe post, you might want to fix that :-)

+ Butters360 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

Awesome!

Now we just need a new trailer, and a projected release date.

Happy Holidays Sucker Punch!

+ JaKhris on December 27th, 2010 at 7:29 am said:

Hey,

Can’t wait for this game. Loved the first, this one just looks epic.
It’s really the first “comic-game” that works for me. :) The overall style is just amazing! I have the Post-Blast comic, love it, can’t wait to see what you guys are making for the future comic books.

As for inFAMOUS 2 itself, I hope we can get a release date to know how much longer we’ll have to wait. ^^ (and, oh, maybe a special edition? =P)

Happy holidays, you guys at Sucker Punch!

Chris

+ Xer0Signal on December 27th, 2010 at 7:29 am said:

i couldn’t be more pumped about this game.

not much of an “update” though.

+ spoonTRex on December 27th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

I’m guessing May 17 with a voucher packed in for the Uncharted 3 beta. Can’t wait!

+ chriz704 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

Wow this is going to be a top game to buy. I love exclusive titles they are always the best. Keep up the good work sucker punch! I can really start to see the hype building up for this game.

Chris

+ Trixzter7 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ Maverick_111 on December 27th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

That first monster looks like Rakk Hive from Borderlands…..coincidence?

+ abzdine on December 27th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

Hi guys, hi Ken :)

inFamous 2 looks fire and I can’t wait to put my hands on it. The overall graphics and colors remind me a lot of Uncharted 2, this is a good point :)

I also thank you guys for bringing one of my favorite series (Sly Racoon) of all time back to PS3, i’m having a lot of fun with it and it still looks crazy!!! I also found a teaser video in the bluray of The Sly Trilogy, and that will be my next and last question : Are you guys working also on Sly 4 ?? O_o Please give me some info cause i’m kinda tired of shooters this generation and platforming games is my best genre, alongside RPG :)

+ Globox_82 on December 27th, 2010 at 8:01 am said:

First pic looks SICK! I have a feeling this could me my GOTY next year.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on December 27th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

Looks incredible, cant wait to get it

+ musicismyradar on December 27th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

I think it was cool to make him have hair, I just didnt like the way his face looked in the original trailer…he looked like he had plastic surgery.

+ Kchow23 on December 27th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

can’t wait!! loved the first Infamous :)

+ BallinOutTheBox on December 27th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

Looking awesome guys, can’t wait to play it next year. Also, being from New Orleans, I like that you guys really researched the different locations of the city and not just downtown areas like the french quarters. And one last question, will Cole a love interest in InFamous 2?

Wayne

+ Justp94 on December 27th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

You guys need to get Cole’s old voice back… he sounds like a premature teen now smh… don’t screw up this franchise…

+ Y_5150 on December 27th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

I heard rumors of a multiplayer for inFAMOUS 2
is it true?

+ radiantshadow92 on December 27th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

Holy crap. I just replayed the first game and searched the internetz for infamous 2 information and boom, you guys tell us when. I cannot freaking wait xD. I have logged in so many hours into the first game. By the way, you guys need a twitter or something i can follow.

+ PuppetShoJustice on December 27th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

I hope the moral choice system isn’t as hilariously bad as it was in the first game.

+ BlooodyCow on December 27th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

inFAMOUS was my favorite game in 2009 and I cannot wait for inFAMOUS 2. Congrats on the success of the original and don’t forget your original fanbase please

+ alok893 on December 27th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Ken Schramm can you please reconsider to change back the voice of cole to his old voice,many fans are asking.I loved his his old voice,it fits his character and his old voice narrated all the cutscenes in Infamous for god’s sake!Please!
Infamous 2 is a day one buy for me!

+ B-Real206 on December 27th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Lot of great games coming out next year please don’t delay any please!!

+ sam_i_jam on December 27th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Well, considering how crazy 2011 is with releases, I think the Summer drought would be the ideal time to release this gem. I am very excited for this sequel.

+ Lanceare on December 27th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I’m really pumped about this game. Like many others, I loved the first one. I’m glad his look was changed back to something more recognizable as Cole, but I really wish you would get the original voice actor back. He was excellent and fit the role perfectly. I agree with many others here in-that he sounds like a teenager now…

Otherwise, it looks great.

+ GameFace_06 on December 27th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

I got infamous on black friday for $10 and just start playing it yesterday..i can’t stop playin it.Infamous 2 looks GOOD!!

+ Nithorias on December 27th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

This looks pretty cool, release demo when??? lol btw bring Cole’s voice back, the new one kind of sucks, the old voice made him sound more badass!

+ Link01 on December 27th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Release window please?

+ Vex_Doppel on December 27th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Giant monster roaming the city streets…
AWESOME! Can’t wait to see it in motion. Definate graphics upgrade. I’m really liking the texture on the monster along with the shadows from the buildings and other lighting effects. Please tell me that monster can climb buildings.

+ Hooligantuan on December 27th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

Really? Three SuckerPunch stories on the Blog in a ROW?

REALLY?

+ taimoor4 on December 27th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

WOW this game is gonna be so awesome. the first game was nice with alot of powers and stuff but there should be more. we should be able to make objects drift in the air or something else cool.Sucker punch did a great job on the game and i am hoping that this one would be better

+ taimoor4 on December 27th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

+ D-Squad3 on December 27th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Can’t wait for more videos and cutscenes.

+ theultimatenub on December 27th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

cool

+ Sindred on December 27th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Can’t wait for this. Loving the Sly collection, too. Way to invent new heroes for this console generation (with Cole) instead of only rehashing old ones, like some “others”, ;)

+ Fenrisulfr_ on December 27th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Loved the first one and I’ll be buying this one on release.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 27th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

SOLD X 9000!!! 8)

+ footballrule on December 27th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

A release date would be great. Hopefully sometime in March or April.

+ digitalman123 on December 27th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

Can we get a release date and Sly 4?
Sly 4 would be a Christmas miracle.
inFAMOUS 2 is looking great! 2011 will be the PS3′s year!

+ Axecution on December 27th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Ice powers…. i wanna see ice powerzzzzzzz… Lol

+ enfilade07 on December 27th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

I can’t believe anyone prefers the original voice for Cole. It was ridiculously over-dramatic and shallow. He didn’t even sound like a person..

+ ClassicSpyroFan on December 27th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

This is going to be so sweet!! But pleas don’t have inFamous 2 be rated M!! I loved the first one and I don’t want to miss this out!!

+ Airwalkinman17 on December 27th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

Can’t wait!
Release date PLEASE
Day 1 buy!

+ smokey_vols on December 27th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

You guys are great. I played InFamous, my first Sucker Punch game, and loved it. Just got The Sly Collection for Christmas and am currently halfway through the second game. Count me in as a Sucker Punch fan, your games rock!

+ Edd on December 27th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Please include Move support!

+ Kxpuc on December 27th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

if you guys don’t release this during the summer (at the latest) when there’s the stupid drought of games then it’ll be bad

+ mixedkidbx on December 27th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

I wanna know if our save files from the first inFAMOUS will have any type of effect or bonuses, cuz i still have my save files/game data utility info on my ps3.

+ xrexx1995 on December 27th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

ANY LIMIT EDITION FOR PRE-ORDER?LIKE COSTUMES OR EXTRA POWERS? AND NEW TRAILER PLEASE.

+ Wafi24 on December 27th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

I got infamous for 10 bucks during black friday and loving it. Can’t wait for the second one. This is going to be epic!

PAGE 1 2