PS4-The Order

New UNCHARTED 3 Interview and Info

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 28, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

We’re not closing out 2010 quietly! I’m sure it’s been hard to miss that another wave of information, interviews, screenshots and gameplay video for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception hit the internets today. You’re just seeing the fruits of the nefarious plan we’ve had in the works for a couple of months now. Okay, that’s not quite true, but it sure sounds way better if it’s all dramatic, right?

A good part this wave comes from the event we held for the media just after the Spike VGA 2010 – you read about that here on the PlayStation.Blog a couple of weeks ago when the first batch of info on UNCHARTED 3 gameplay was released.

PlayStation.Blog was there not only to check out UNCHARTED 3 with their very own eyes, but they got managed to snag Creative Director Amy Hennig and Game Director Justin Richmond to answer some questions in the video above.

140 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SwoopingOwl on December 28th, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

oh so excited!!!!!!!

+ megachevpro on December 28th, 2010 at 10:26 pm said:

@80, and @ 86. No, I don’t mean the gme, I meant the store update, but I am just having a weird and confusing day. Never mind!…
THe game is awesome!!! That is not what I ment. Glad to ge that cleared up!

+ megachevpro on December 28th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

@95. THank you for clering that out!!!

+ jacob-813 on December 28th, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

I luv the uncharted series. But improve the multiplayer. It was awesome in the second one, but there is plenty of room 4 improvement. Maybe add a split screen co op or split serene online and I’ll be content. AND SIGN IN WITH TWO ACCOUNTS!!! LBP can do it, so u3 should be able to.

+ lieeshe on December 28th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

perhaps better than uncharted 2

+ DazeOfWar on December 28th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

@GGCAN: Ya I saw that. I just thought he meant last Plus update. Since the store never updated I guess he meant all store updates. Thanks for the reassurance.

+ hunterbro on December 28th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

CANT WAIT FOR UNCHARTED 3 IT’S GONNA BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on December 29th, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

where is my update

+ VGExplorers on December 29th, 2010 at 1:45 am said:

Uncharted 3 better have elana

+ skindudu on December 29th, 2010 at 4:16 am said:

Nice video and Yeah, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will definitely win more awards than any video game in 2010… Hopes are really high… Check out Uncharted fan site here: http://www.unchartedfansite.com . Contest to win a pre-order of Uncharted 3 is on!

+ LandmineSalesman on December 29th, 2010 at 6:45 am said:

Game looks ok…nothing innovative or mindblowing gameplay wise. It looks like its made for casual people in mind but one thing that REALLY bothers me here…in the part where the game asks you to press triangle to lower a wooden plank so that Sully can cross over. It was 6 or 7 years ago when Half Life 2 introduced physics based puzzles to solve these kinds of problems and now we have to press a damn button to solve it….I mean why can’t he shoot the wooden so that it falls over? Why do we have to press a damn button?

this is why Uncharted isn’t a great game, its a good game with dumb down mechanics for casual folks IMO

+ abukii on December 29th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

Wow…I am a day late on this blog post…
Anyway, I love the folks at Naughty Dog and they continue to impress (lets hope the movie doesnt turn off potential players). One thing that would be cool is to see Drake with a pair of sun- goggles and that balaclava pulled up :)

Looking forward to this one for sure!

+ westney22 on December 29th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Will uncharted3 be available in 3d

+ CARL1973PR on December 29th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

uncharted 3 a see trailer is awsome i has have uncharted and uncharted 2 i got platinums in uncharted naguht co nice work i love sony 4 ever

+ KamilB1995 on December 29th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

This an awesome game can’t wait for it.
By the way I have a question which a bit of topic but still to do with Sony, I planning to get the official bluetooth headset and I was wondering is it compatible with PC? so that I can you use it as a microphone?

+ twistedfloyd on December 29th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Looks amazing as always. Uncharted 2 was the class of this generation (minus MGS4, which is still my fav). Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for U3.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 29th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Cant wait to play this game :D

+ GAMINGSMYLIFE on December 29th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Oh man Naughty Dog is doing a nice job! of all the games that come out in November (Gears of War 3 and Skyrim are some) this one is gonna beat them just cus U2 was the best game ever made and this one has improved so much! ill take perfection over gore (Gears of War)anyday hahahaha

+ lordvader16 on December 29th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

This gonna be awesome! Can’t wait!!

+ skindudu on December 29th, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

@105, I think Uncharted 3 will be available in 3d…

+ AJJJACKSON1 on December 30th, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

I HAVENT PLAYED N E OF THEM ARE THEY INTERESTING

+ KamilB1995 on December 30th, 2010 at 5:54 am said:

@AJJJACKSON1 They are a must have Uncharted games are my favourite you should give them a try

+ InadianmathBoy on December 30th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

does anyone know when the demo will be on psn

+ LordKaiser00 on December 30th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

This game is sold already! I even want to use a metal detector or something and search for treasure.

+ scorpio182 on December 31st, 2010 at 6:49 am said:

Love everything about this game!!!

+ emoplayer33 on December 31st, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

omg NAUGHTY DOG W00o00-Oooo00h!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ THEGREENSKEEPER on December 31st, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

This game is going to be awesome.

+ davetheg23 on December 31st, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

Sweet can’t wait for this :)

+ pinkfloyd69 on January 1st, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

it’d be nice to have a free-for-all mode in multiplayer, please ND

+ KILLA_KING_007 on January 2nd, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

I love it! Happy New Year!

+ estoc1 on January 2nd, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Who cares about Uncharted. Its the most overrated pile of butthole crap I’ve ever seen. Nathan Drake is the worst video game character of all time. Mario is better. This will not be the GOTY of 2011. Anything Nintendo is going to take it thanks to the 3DS. What do you have to counter that, Sony? Nothing, thats what!

+ EricDS on January 6th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

The amount of dedication that these developers are putting in this game is amazing. We are lucky to be able to play these works of art.

+ MadMeat001 on January 9th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

I wich to Naughty Dog and Sony to loss pressure :)

+ MadMeat001 on January 9th, 2011 at 1:29 am said:

and have a lot of fun making the game

+ DJmaxed on January 14th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

How does Drake get himself into more trouble

+ PredAl13n29760JZ on January 15th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

Please have online co-op story mode! I love playing online co-op, but I would love to see more Co-op. If the game wins GOTY (Game of the Year), can you release DLC(new multiplayer maps, new co-op modes,etc.)?

+ F4r0_Atak on January 19th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

I know I’m getting off-topic, but I fear this game might get pushed due to a possible winter “superstorm” coming towards California. Knowing that Santa Monica Studios, Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog studios are located in California, I really hope they will be careful if it does happen.

It’s not a joke… but still don’t know if these infos are reliable.

+ actrexel7986 on January 23rd, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

if y’all are still gonna worry about uncharted 2, do you think that we could get some new skins? Metal Gear Solid, God of War, whatever!! as long as it doesn’t look stupid

+ frogdude22 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:02 pm said:

@11 No, because the game itself won’t have co op.

Another thing, i wan’t to see how they add nazis in this one :)

+ frogdude22 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:04 pm said:

@131 You suck at trolling, don’t you get tired of playing the same game during 25 years ?

PAGE 1 2 3