Overwatch

Jan 03

Jan 03

Subscribe and Listen to PixelJunk Radio Now!

Ariel Angelotti's Avatar Posted by Assistant Producer, Q-Games

PixelJunk Radio

Hey there! This is Ariel Angelotti reporting from Q-Games headquarters in Kyoto, Japan, and I have some great news! PixelJunk Shooter 2 is nearly ready for launch, getting that final coat of paint before it takes off to the sky. While the release date is still hush-hush at this point, I can assure everyone of its complete and total awesomeness, so keep a keen eye out for more information shortly.

Until then, we’ve prepared something special to keep everyone entertained As a regular consumer of videogame podcasts, I thought it would be a great idea to round up a rather reluctant Dylan and two other Q staffers, Bear Trickey and Duncan Flett, to record our own. Thus, “PixelJunk Radio” was born. Well, our podcast has finally been released, so join us over beverages and discussion of life in Japan, videogames, and yes, the ever mysterious Japanese toilet by clicking the following link and subscribing to our podcast on iTunes.

Or you can catch a video version on the PixelJunk YouTube Channel which features images of the cast to watch while you listen here

Be on the lookout for more podcasts in the future!

Add Your Own

Neil said:

January 3rd, 5:46 pm

You guys created a podcast before PS Blog made one. Nice.

January 3rd, 5:57 pm

Maybe they’ll end up jumping on the bandwagon too!

ghamdikh1 said:

January 3rd, 5:52 pm

DAY 1

TarzanSr said:

January 3rd, 5:55 pm

interesting

Zezzler said:

January 3rd, 6:07 pm

Thats AWESOME! I’d really love to hear what goes on behind the scenes at a place like this. The PixleJunk Games are some of my favorite, and to hear how everything is going (and maybe some reader mail?) would be Fantastic! consider me one of thew first subscribers!

January 3rd, 6:12 pm

We would LOVE some reader mail. I mention this at the end of the podcast, but go ahead and send us some by mailing podcast[at]q-games.com (only replace the [at] with a real @ symbol). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

remanutd5 said:

January 3rd, 6:07 pm

no android support ? i think these kinda of podcasts should be on the playstation store or integrated it on the ps3 / psp XMB

January 3rd, 6:25 pm

We’ve only just kicked off the podcast, and while we do have some plans in the works, I’m afraid it might be a little longer before we can get Android/iPhone/etc. support. I’ll be sure to make an announcement about it on the podcast as soon as we get the ball rolling on that, so stay tuned!

Scubafinch said:

January 3rd, 6:08 pm

Sounds great. Any way of subscribing via RSS? (Not everyone uses / want to use iTunes). I checked the Pixeljunk site, but it’s down.

KSPRAYDAD said:

January 3rd, 6:11 pm

Could you please post the direct feed url for those of us that might want to use…oh i don’t know…maybe SONY’s own media software (MediaGo) and PSP?

KSPRAYDAD said:

January 3rd, 6:12 pm

BTW…thanks for the podcast…just dont limit it to *shudder* iTunes and iOS.

January 3rd, 6:27 pm

No fears! We’ve only just kicked off the podcast, and while we do have some plans in the works, I’m afraid it might be a little longer before we can get Android/iPhone/etc. support. Please stay tuned!

Gunblader_ said:

January 3rd, 6:20 pm

Awesome! I’m a podcast junkie, so this will join my other 20 or so podcasts that I listen to regularly.

January 3rd, 6:28 pm

We hope you enjoy it! We’ve only just come onto the podcasting scene, so stay tuned for higher quality podcasts as soon as we get some proper recording equipment here at Q.

Scubafinch said:

January 3rd, 6:24 pm

Great. Thanks for that Ariel. Downloading now… should speed up my first day back at work!

January 3rd, 6:30 pm

Let us know what you think by sending us some mail after listening!

Thank you, and I hope you have a good first day back at work.

KwietStorm said:

January 3rd, 6:27 pm

Is the podcast only available on itunes?

January 3rd, 6:33 pm

Since we’ve only just recently released the podcast, I’m afraid iTunes and YouTube are the main sources we’re using to dish out the content.

However, here’s the RSS feed if you’re interested:

Let us know what you think!

banyan007 said:

January 3rd, 6:45 pm

Thanx I love it

January 3rd, 6:46 pm

Thanks for listening! Let us know what you think.

KinjiroSSD said:

January 3rd, 7:01 pm

Great introductory podcast;I look forward to more.
Nice little reference to 1up yours/weekend confirmed in the beginning :)

January 3rd, 7:21 pm

Like I said, I’m a big gaming podcast listener, so I couldn’t help myself!

halowars7 said:

January 3rd, 7:34 pm

Subscribed and day #1 purchase! I Love the Pixel Junk Company!

January 3rd, 9:11 pm

Great to hear it! Thanks for your support.

Surfaced said:

January 3rd, 7:45 pm

Awesome! Oh and is Lifelike still being developed?

January 3rd, 9:13 pm

It’s still in the works, don’t worry! Keep your eyes and ears open for more info.

northen_cail_209 said:

January 3rd, 7:53 pm

great,can’t wait for u people finsh the 2nd game :)

January 3rd, 9:19 pm

Stay tuned for more Shooter 2 info! We promise it will be worth the wait.

Neil said:

January 3rd, 7:54 pm

You guys ought to team up with the folks at 8-4 play.

Permafry_42 said:

January 3rd, 8:07 pm

Just have a few questions about the game:

1) What is the approximate native resolution for the game? 1.5) Will it be able to output at 1920x1080p (upscaled or native)?
2) Can you allow us to play through the game and be able to kill everyone instead of save everyone without “losing” the game (and perhaps give 2 endings; one good ending and a second “evil” ending for those who choose to be harm the scientists instead of save them)?
3) Can you give a discount on the game for people who have already downloaded the first game or who are subscribed to playstation plus?

Big fan of the series (got every game available on ps3), and i’m looking forward to downloading it. Thanks for the reply in advance!

January 3rd, 9:53 pm

I’ll do my best to try and answer your questions.

Shooter 2 will be in native 1080p, so rest assured! I’m afraid I’m unable to answer your questions about some of the Shooter 2 gameplay at this time, but stay tuned for more info. Also, while I can’t give out any details at this time, those who have already downloaded the first game might receive something special for continuing to support Shooter and the PixelJunk series. Again, I can’t give details out, but we definitely appreciate your patronage. Thank you!

dragon_night said:

January 3rd, 8:22 pm

OMG PJS2 is almost here!!!!! I love you developers. I’m buying it and inviting all my friends over for coop. Thank you. I’ve been waiting a long time…believe me

January 3rd, 9:41 pm

It’s always great to hear from the fans. And coop is truly fantastic, isn’t it? Keep on supporting PixelJunk!

Mies2000 said:

January 3rd, 9:20 pm

Cool!

*Adds to PSP RSS*

January 3rd, 9:41 pm

Thank you! Peace, love, and PixelJunk!

datoupee said:

January 3rd, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the XML address, Ariel ! I’ll add it to my Zune podcasts. Be sure to add the podcast to the Zune marketplace. There are many video game podcast listners who use Zune.

Comment –> Maybe you guys should talk video games instead of Japanese culture ? Just a suggestion.

January 3rd, 10:14 pm

The podcast has been submitted to the Zune Marketplace, but I’m sorry to say that the submission process does take time.

And don’t worry, videogames will also be featured in our podcast. Needless to say, videogames play an important part in our lives, so be sure to listen to the latest episodes for more.

Kirkpad said:

January 3rd, 9:58 pm

When I saw the title, I was hoping for an audio stream that played all the Pixeljunk music. Oh well.

January 4th, 12:11 am

We do use some PixelJunk music for our intro/outro music! Sadly, we won’t be using it as a platform purely for broadcasting PixelJunk music, but we hope that it’s a fun listen nonetheless.

Kchow23 said:

January 3rd, 11:20 pm

sweet.. another podcast to add to the bunch :P

MGO_Count said:

January 3rd, 11:57 pm

Haha great! ^^.

January 4th, 12:13 am

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed it, and be on the lookout for more!

banok said:

January 4th, 1:49 am

Oh wow! A podcast about the goings-on in the PixelJunk World and Q-Games, count me in! I’m a big fan, I have all of the Ps3 PixelJunk games including the add-ons and the psp version of Monsters, I just hope Lifelike is more than a PsMove based music visualizer.

January 4th, 1:51 am

Great to hear you’re such a fan, and thank you for your continued support!

sweetasman01 said:

January 4th, 4:52 am

I signed up for the newsletter back around when Shooter was released but havent had a email in a long time. Are you still sending out the newsletter?

PS love the podcast

January 4th, 11:11 pm

Did you get the latest one? *wink*

Glad you enjoyed and keep listening!

PullusPardusUS said:

January 4th, 5:51 am

i’m going to be living in Kyoto soon! , i love it there.

January 4th, 11:12 pm

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I am. It’s a pretty fantastic place!

ERC1980 said:

January 4th, 7:27 am

hi ariel

you. are. hot.

anyways looking forward to pjs2!

HouseMorton said:

January 4th, 8:03 am

You guys are great. I’m not a big podcast listener (but I listened to this one anyway)- I wish we had transcripts too for those of us without solid time to listen to one thing. Good stuff.

p.s. Is the PJ dungeons game dead (was that 1-4?) I was looking forward to that.

January 4th, 11:15 pm

Thanks for listening!

Sadly, we don’t have plans for transcripts in the works, and I’m afraid I can’t say anything about PJ Dungeons, but we do have projects in the works that are pretty exciting. Keep listening!

jamesandashley said:

January 4th, 9:13 am

Subscribed. Any word if you guys are going to release the Shooter soundtrack for purchase?
Can’t wait for Shooter 2!

January 4th, 11:16 pm

All I’ll say is keep on listening to the latest podcasts, because there might be some exciting news on the horizon.

F-minus said:

January 4th, 10:44 am

Cool, Im Excited about “PixelJunk Shooter 2″… After Shooter i was very happy and sad… CONTINUED!?!?!? NO! I NEED CLOSURE NOW!!!

Since your commenting to alot of comments, and im about to go eat lunch:

What did you and also others within shouting distance, have or plan to have for lunch today?

ALSO

Was the lunch you have or plan to have yummy? If not what do you wish you had?

January 4th, 11:20 pm

To the dedicated player, closure you will receive!

And to answer your questions, French bread, salad, brown rice, calzone, pickled plum, fried pork cutlet, cabbage, and curry rice. I’ll let you guess which ones were eaten by me, and yes, we all thought our meals were yummy.

plaztiksyke said:

January 4th, 11:16 am

it’s great to hear that Shooter 2 still natively renders in 1080p. Now you just need losslessly-compressed 24-bit HD audio to match the HD graphics :)

Elvick_ said:

January 4th, 11:18 am

This is awesome! Listening now.

January 4th, 11:21 pm

Thanks for listening! We really appreciate it.

PRLSILVA said:

January 4th, 11:30 am

I want to play PixelJunk Shooter 2 !!!!!!

Rival_31 said:

January 4th, 1:07 pm

I loved the first one. Definitely going in my list.

Phoenix8387 said:

January 4th, 2:37 pm

Wow, I was a bit unhappy when I saw it was only available on i… I just can’t say it. I don’t like that software and I’ll never use it.

Fortunately, you posted an RSS feed which will make all us Android users more than happy! Who needs that i software when you can use whichever podcaster (I use Listen) we want. :)

January 4th, 11:23 pm

I hope you enjoyed listening!

MadmanV10 said:

January 4th, 3:34 pm

PixelJunk Eden was a pitifully unbalanced game, and Shooter was a terrible name – a name chosen by PixelJunk under the false pretense of “letting the fans name the game” – for a just okay game.

There has yet to be a PJ game worth spending the usual 10 price tag for, so I ask: Who in their right mind cares what the PJ team has to say about videogames?

Benjamin81 said:

January 4th, 3:34 pm

Bleeping out the bad words is kinda silly.

Otherwise the show is pretty good i must say.

January 4th, 11:27 pm

I understand how you feel, and I would personally prefer there not be any bleeping going on. But since our games are rated E and many people enjoy playing our games with their family, we feel that we don’t want to alienate that segment of our audience.

Thanks for the comments, though, and keep listening!

KSPRAYDAD said:

January 4th, 10:18 pm

@36

I think you’ll find there are many of us that enjoy PJ’s efforts.

January 4th, 11:28 pm

=)

etur0 said:

January 5th, 12:39 am

you need to put it on media go just like zipper needs to do media go is the only way right now that I listen to podcast it is go though that you have an RSS feed I can put it on media go that way but zipper’s podcast doesn’t which sucks

etur0 said:

January 5th, 12:40 am

media go doesn’t support it

etur0 said:

January 5th, 12:40 am

nvm it does

barnaclejoe said:

January 5th, 6:32 am

REALLY can’t wait for this game!

The co-op in shooter 2 is THE BEST. I’ve beaten the game in full several times, and still go back to play co-op once in a while.

The first time when I played through with my father was the absolute BEST though. He’s not a great gamer, but the fact that I just had to survive a few seconds to have him respawn was an excellent strategy to “bring him along” on my play-through. We stayed up till about 3AM that first night we bought it and had a BLAST.

Love Eden as well, but Shooter is a classic that I’ll remember decades from now. So thank you, and I can’t wait for number 2. :D