Minecraft PS4

Subscribe and Listen to PixelJunk Radio Now!

Ariel Angelotti's Avatar + Posted by Ariel Angelotti on Jan 03, 2011 // Assistant Producer, Q-Games

PixelJunk Radio

Hey there! This is Ariel Angelotti reporting from Q-Games headquarters in Kyoto, Japan, and I have some great news! PixelJunk Shooter 2 is nearly ready for launch, getting that final coat of paint before it takes off to the sky. While the release date is still hush-hush at this point, I can assure everyone of its complete and total awesomeness, so keep a keen eye out for more information shortly.

Until then, we’ve prepared something special to keep everyone entertained As a regular consumer of videogame podcasts, I thought it would be a great idea to round up a rather reluctant Dylan and two other Q staffers, Bear Trickey and Duncan Flett, to record our own. Thus, “PixelJunk Radio” was born. Well, our podcast has finally been released, so join us over beverages and discussion of life in Japan, videogames, and yes, the ever mysterious Japanese toilet by clicking the following link and subscribing to our podcast on iTunes.

Or you can catch a video version on the PixelJunk YouTube Channel which features images of the cast to watch while you listen here

Be on the lookout for more podcasts in the future!

+ Neil on January 3rd, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

You guys created a podcast before PS Blog made one. Nice.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Maybe they’ll end up jumping on the bandwagon too!

+ ghamdikh1 on January 3rd, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

DAY 1

+ TarzanSr on January 3rd, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

interesting

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

We hope you enjoy it!

+ Zezzler on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Thats AWESOME! I’d really love to hear what goes on behind the scenes at a place like this. The PixleJunk Games are some of my favorite, and to hear how everything is going (and maybe some reader mail?) would be Fantastic! consider me one of thew first subscribers!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

We would LOVE some reader mail. I mention this at the end of the podcast, but go ahead and send us some by mailing podcast[at]q-games.com (only replace the [at] with a real @ symbol). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

+ remanutd5 on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

no android support ? i think these kinda of podcasts should be on the playstation store or integrated it on the ps3 / psp XMB

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:25 pm said:

We’ve only just kicked off the podcast, and while we do have some plans in the works, I’m afraid it might be a little longer before we can get Android/iPhone/etc. support. I’ll be sure to make an announcement about it on the podcast as soon as we get the ball rolling on that, so stay tuned!

+ Scubafinch on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

Sounds great. Any way of subscribing via RSS? (Not everyone uses / want to use iTunes). I checked the Pixeljunk site, but it’s down.

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

Could you please post the direct feed url for those of us that might want to use…oh i don’t know…maybe SONY’s own media software (MediaGo) and PSP?

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

BTW…thanks for the podcast…just dont limit it to *shudder* iTunes and iOS.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

No fears! We’ve only just kicked off the podcast, and while we do have some plans in the works, I’m afraid it might be a little longer before we can get Android/iPhone/etc. support. Please stay tuned!

+ Gunblader_ on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Awesome! I’m a podcast junkie, so this will join my other 20 or so podcasts that I listen to regularly.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

We hope you enjoy it! We’ve only just come onto the podcasting scene, so stay tuned for higher quality podcasts as soon as we get some proper recording equipment here at Q.

+ Scubafinch on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:24 pm said:

Great. Thanks for that Ariel. Downloading now… should speed up my first day back at work!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

Let us know what you think by sending us some mail after listening!

Thank you, and I hope you have a good first day back at work.

+ KwietStorm on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

Is the podcast only available on itunes?

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

Since we’ve only just recently released the podcast, I’m afraid iTunes and YouTube are the main sources we’re using to dish out the content.

However, here’s the RSS feed if you’re interested:

Let us know what you think!

+ banyan007 on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Thanx I love it

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

Thanks for listening! Let us know what you think.

+ KinjiroSSD on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

Great introductory podcast;I look forward to more.
Nice little reference to 1up yours/weekend confirmed in the beginning :)

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Like I said, I’m a big gaming podcast listener, so I couldn’t help myself!

+ halowars7 on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

Subscribed and day #1 purchase! I Love the Pixel Junk Company!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

Great to hear it! Thanks for your support.

+ Surfaced on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Awesome! Oh and is Lifelike still being developed?

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

It’s still in the works, don’t worry! Keep your eyes and ears open for more info.

+ northen_cail_209 on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:53 pm said:

great,can’t wait for u people finsh the 2nd game :)

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

Stay tuned for more Shooter 2 info! We promise it will be worth the wait.

+ Neil on January 3rd, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

You guys ought to team up with the folks at 8-4 play.

+ Permafry_42 on January 3rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

Just have a few questions about the game:

1) What is the approximate native resolution for the game? 1.5) Will it be able to output at 1920x1080p (upscaled or native)?
2) Can you allow us to play through the game and be able to kill everyone instead of save everyone without “losing” the game (and perhaps give 2 endings; one good ending and a second “evil” ending for those who choose to be harm the scientists instead of save them)?
3) Can you give a discount on the game for people who have already downloaded the first game or who are subscribed to playstation plus?

Big fan of the series (got every game available on ps3), and i’m looking forward to downloading it. Thanks for the reply in advance!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

I’ll do my best to try and answer your questions.

Shooter 2 will be in native 1080p, so rest assured! I’m afraid I’m unable to answer your questions about some of the Shooter 2 gameplay at this time, but stay tuned for more info. Also, while I can’t give out any details at this time, those who have already downloaded the first game might receive something special for continuing to support Shooter and the PixelJunk series. Again, I can’t give details out, but we definitely appreciate your patronage. Thank you!

+ dragon_night on January 3rd, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

OMG PJS2 is almost here!!!!! I love you developers. I’m buying it and inviting all my friends over for coop. Thank you. I’ve been waiting a long time…believe me

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

It’s always great to hear from the fans. And coop is truly fantastic, isn’t it? Keep on supporting PixelJunk!

+ Mies2000 on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

Cool!

*Adds to PSP RSS*

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

Thank you! Peace, love, and PixelJunk!

+ datoupee on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

Thanks for the XML address, Ariel ! I’ll add it to my Zune podcasts. Be sure to add the podcast to the Zune marketplace. There are many video game podcast listners who use Zune.

Comment –> Maybe you guys should talk video games instead of Japanese culture ? Just a suggestion.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

The podcast has been submitted to the Zune Marketplace, but I’m sorry to say that the submission process does take time.

And don’t worry, videogames will also be featured in our podcast. Needless to say, videogames play an important part in our lives, so be sure to listen to the latest episodes for more.

+ Kirkpad on January 3rd, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

When I saw the title, I was hoping for an audio stream that played all the Pixeljunk music. Oh well.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

We do use some PixelJunk music for our intro/outro music! Sadly, we won’t be using it as a platform purely for broadcasting PixelJunk music, but we hope that it’s a fun listen nonetheless.

+ Kchow23 on January 3rd, 2011 at 11:20 pm said:

sweet.. another podcast to add to the bunch :P

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 12:13 am said:

Thanks for listening!

+ MGO_Count on January 3rd, 2011 at 11:57 pm said:

Haha great! ^^.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 12:13 am said:

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed it, and be on the lookout for more!

+ banok on January 4th, 2011 at 1:49 am said:

Oh wow! A podcast about the goings-on in the PixelJunk World and Q-Games, count me in! I’m a big fan, I have all of the Ps3 PixelJunk games including the add-ons and the psp version of Monsters, I just hope Lifelike is more than a PsMove based music visualizer.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 1:51 am said:

Great to hear you’re such a fan, and thank you for your continued support!

+ sweetasman01 on January 4th, 2011 at 4:52 am said:

I signed up for the newsletter back around when Shooter was released but havent had a email in a long time. Are you still sending out the newsletter?

PS love the podcast

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

Did you get the latest one? *wink*

Glad you enjoyed and keep listening!

+ PullusPardusUS on January 4th, 2011 at 5:51 am said:

i’m going to be living in Kyoto soon! , i love it there.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:12 pm said:

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I am. It’s a pretty fantastic place!

+ ERC1980 on January 4th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

hi ariel

you. are. hot.

anyways looking forward to pjs2!

+ HouseMorton on January 4th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

You guys are great. I’m not a big podcast listener (but I listened to this one anyway)- I wish we had transcripts too for those of us without solid time to listen to one thing. Good stuff.

p.s. Is the PJ dungeons game dead (was that 1-4?) I was looking forward to that.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

Thanks for listening!

Sadly, we don’t have plans for transcripts in the works, and I’m afraid I can’t say anything about PJ Dungeons, but we do have projects in the works that are pretty exciting. Keep listening!

+ jamesandashley on January 4th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Subscribed. Any word if you guys are going to release the Shooter soundtrack for purchase?
Can’t wait for Shooter 2!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:16 pm said:

All I’ll say is keep on listening to the latest podcasts, because there might be some exciting news on the horizon.

+ F-minus on January 4th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Cool, Im Excited about “PixelJunk Shooter 2″… After Shooter i was very happy and sad… CONTINUED!?!?!? NO! I NEED CLOSURE NOW!!!

Since your commenting to alot of comments, and im about to go eat lunch:

What did you and also others within shouting distance, have or plan to have for lunch today?

ALSO

Was the lunch you have or plan to have yummy? If not what do you wish you had?

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:20 pm said:

To the dedicated player, closure you will receive!

And to answer your questions, French bread, salad, brown rice, calzone, pickled plum, fried pork cutlet, cabbage, and curry rice. I’ll let you guess which ones were eaten by me, and yes, we all thought our meals were yummy.

+ plaztiksyke on January 4th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

it’s great to hear that Shooter 2 still natively renders in 1080p. Now you just need losslessly-compressed 24-bit HD audio to match the HD graphics :)

+ Elvick_ on January 4th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

This is awesome! Listening now.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:21 pm said:

Thanks for listening! We really appreciate it.

+ PRLSILVA on January 4th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

I want to play PixelJunk Shooter 2 !!!!!!

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:21 pm said:

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

+ Rival_31 on January 4th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

I loved the first one. Definitely going in my list.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:22 pm said:

Stay tuned for more!

+ Phoenix8387 on January 4th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

Wow, I was a bit unhappy when I saw it was only available on i… I just can’t say it. I don’t like that software and I’ll never use it.

Fortunately, you posted an RSS feed which will make all us Android users more than happy! Who needs that i software when you can use whichever podcaster (I use Listen) we want. :)

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:23 pm said:

I hope you enjoyed listening!

+ MadmanV10 on January 4th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

PixelJunk Eden was a pitifully unbalanced game, and Shooter was a terrible name – a name chosen by PixelJunk under the false pretense of “letting the fans name the game” – for a just okay game.

There has yet to be a PJ game worth spending the usual 10 price tag for, so I ask: Who in their right mind cares what the PJ team has to say about videogames?

+ Benjamin81 on January 4th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

Bleeping out the bad words is kinda silly.

Otherwise the show is pretty good i must say.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:27 pm said:

I understand how you feel, and I would personally prefer there not be any bleeping going on. But since our games are rated E and many people enjoy playing our games with their family, we feel that we don’t want to alienate that segment of our audience.

Thanks for the comments, though, and keep listening!

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 4th, 2011 at 10:18 pm said:

@36

I think you’ll find there are many of us that enjoy PJ’s efforts.

+ Ariel Angelotti on January 4th, 2011 at 11:28 pm said:

=)

+ etur0 on January 5th, 2011 at 12:39 am said:

you need to put it on media go just like zipper needs to do media go is the only way right now that I listen to podcast it is go though that you have an RSS feed I can put it on media go that way but zipper’s podcast doesn’t which sucks

+ etur0 on January 5th, 2011 at 12:40 am said:

media go doesn’t support it

+ etur0 on January 5th, 2011 at 12:40 am said:

nvm it does

+ barnaclejoe on January 5th, 2011 at 6:32 am said:

REALLY can’t wait for this game!

The co-op in shooter 2 is THE BEST. I’ve beaten the game in full several times, and still go back to play co-op once in a while.

The first time when I played through with my father was the absolute BEST though. He’s not a great gamer, but the fact that I just had to survive a few seconds to have him respawn was an excellent strategy to “bring him along” on my play-through. We stayed up till about 3AM that first night we bought it and had a BLAST.

Love Eden as well, but Shooter is a classic that I’ll remember decades from now. So thank you, and I can’t wait for number 2. :D