PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation @ CES 2011

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 05, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

The 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show kicks off tomorrow. As you might expect, PlayStation has a part to play; the massive Sony booth will showcase games such as LittleBigPlanet 2, inFAMOUS 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse, PlayStation Move Heroes, and Killzone 3 and MLB 11: The Show in stereoscopic 3D. We’ll be bringing you a video tour of the booth, highlights of a 3D gaming presentation, and a closer look at some of the games on display.

PlayStation @ CES 2011

CES is a huge event for Sony – attendees see new products and services from all branches of the company… and it’s not surprising to see stars from our Music, TV, or Film divisions up on stage as well. I know I’ll be shopping for my next TV to play PS3 on at the booth, and the videos on this site are shot on a Sony HDR cam first unveiled at the last CES.

So, even though PlayStation is merely a part of this Sony-wide event, we thought you might be interested in watching today’s press conference. We’ve embedded it below, and there’s a chat-enabled version available on the Sony Electronics Ustream page, if you’re so inclined to participate. Enjoy!

127 Comments

+ Rbrtchng on January 5th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

So basically…nothing was announced.

+ Excalibur0123 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

OK this Elvis thing makes me feel like i’ve just been Rick Roll’d by a multi-billion dollar company

+ sobekflakmonkey on January 5th, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

Kaz is a pimp.

+ SirTrigalot on January 5th, 2011 at 6:01 pm said:

Cirque Du Soliel?! Noooooooooooooo

+ hellsfire532 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

@48, ps3-wise.. not really, only the music service. But a lot of other Sony stuff was like that 3D cam, and the visor/cyclops-things that lets you watch 3D stuff (which I thought was epic).

+ TopCat04 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

Had some nice stuff but nothing I was really excited about

+ Rbrtchng on January 5th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

@51

Sorry, that’s what I meant. Nothing game-wise was announced.

+ jh6269 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

Booo no PSP Phone or PSP2 :’(

+ Excalibur0123 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

@51 well I was just watching it for PS3/PSP stuff but your right the tv’s and other stuff are cool but, I still feel Rick Roll’d =/

+ HudgeyO on January 5th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Same here..nothing to exciting yet..except the 3d laptop..till I heard the price of the thing.. :(..is that all the stuff from sony? or is there still more to come? like more things to unveil?

+ liketoski on January 5th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

Ok what was that with the Elvis Musical that has NOTHING to do with your company or your announcements!
The tech you had was amazing but, because there was no PSP2 or PSPhone this was the biggest waste of studying time of this new year!

+ Nephilim07 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

No new PSP, no PSP phone, nothing really exciting about the new Xperia phone (why not honeycomb?)… Damn Sony! Continue to disappoint us fans. What’s the point of getting Froyo? So we can wait for almost a year to get an update? Like it happened to all Xperia X10 owners?

+ cortiz2092000 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

wheres the psp2? thats my question

+ Zapper22127 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

yeah, why not show off the PSP2, we all know it exists

+ Excalibur0123 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

@58 It wasn’t even thought of by these guys they are just holding out on us

+ DNAgent on January 5th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

Funny how they show live streams when there is nothing exciting to be shown off and they stick to typing out what happens at bigger events. CES just shows off what will be too expensive for most of us in the near future.

+ cortiz2092000 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

the andriod phone kinda well blew i was expecting the ps phone or the psp2

+ Nephilim07 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

@62… If Sony Ericsson doesn’t get their stuff together, HTC will soon take all SE fans to their phones!I’ve been a SE owner for several years and for the first time ever am considering switching to a different company. It’s a shame.

+ juggulator on January 5th, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

Awesome, was wanting to catch this.

+ remanutd5 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:25 pm said:

by the time sony show the psp 2 we will know everything about it , wont be surprise at all ( aka PSP GO ) lol

+ brian–soccer on January 5th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

WHY sony WHY DIDNT YOU UNVEILED THE PSP2 OR PSP PHONE!
WHY!!??? this was the moment to present it!
Almost every gamer has seen all the leaked photos of them!
we all know it exists…

+ Skater_Ricky on January 5th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

Allow “Qriocity Music” to be Streamed throw playing IN-GAME on PS3 and Across SONY’s New Phone the Xperia X10

+ cortiz2092000 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

@64 remanutd5 lol ur rite we will know everything about the psp2 before they even announce it

sony has got to it together or at least someone who really can please the crowd

+ saiyanknight87 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

What is up with a blu-ray player from sony having skype communications but no love toward the freakin ps3 though. what’s good! ( I mean you all should be able to implement cross game chat via the PSN with being partnered with them and all.) And with this Music Unlimited does that mean custom soundtracks for all games? what’s really good?

+ cortiz2092000 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

so was a new ps3 shown? cause of the recent hack well not really considered hacked(keys) for both psp and ps3? well good for them but i wanted to see a new psp2

+ MoneyMaker110 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

we’re likely to hear anything about psp2 at a game focused event. over all what i watched was pretty cool.

+ cortiz2092000 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:37 pm said:

i was bored of it

+ S-E-G on January 5th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

yawn

+ remanutd5 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

yea cortiz i was bored too , nothing really interesting to me , i was expecting to hear more playstation news from Kaz but nothing really interesting , oh well E3 2011 to finally hear about the PSP 2 with all of us knowing 3/4 of the launch line up before sony unveil the thing lol , funny

+ kamikaze_joe91 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Ces sucked hopefully us gamers can look forward to GDC. What I want more than a new PSP is new features for my PS3!!!

+ xrexx1995 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

I LIKE TO HAVE THE 3D CYCLOPS GLASSES TO PLAY GRAND TURISMO WITHOUT BUYNG A 3D TV,I THINK THATS THE ONLY THING I PROBABLY BUY

+ Link01 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

They didn’t even open up the new phone?… when it has a gamepad to brag about..

+ Butters360 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

CES isn’t about gaming, even though there have been some announcements in the past. Personally, I’m interested in the 27 new BRAVIA’s. I want to know which one will dethrone the XBR-LX900 series.

+ TwinDad on January 5th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

CES traditionally has always been about audio and video. They show the products that will be for sale in the upcoming year. They made a presentation for CES target audience.

Interesting technology. But I’m not even remotely interested in 3D. You can keep it, I don’t understand why the TV makers are banking on this to stir demand for TV. I would think lowering the price on LED would do enough of this.

E3 is for Video Games.

+ fuzzyclutter on January 5th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

Well , the ps3 is not all about gaming either . and the ps3 is not made from earthen clay and straw and is an electronic , so it does have relevance in CES .

+ diablo103 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

Wow Sony really needs to get it together. You guys keep pushing 3d yet your falling behind everyone else in the industry. I can’t believe you didnt announce a glasses free 3d tv. Why am I going to buy one of your current Tvs when it’s going to cost me $150 for 1 glasses. I think im going to have to buy a toshiba

+ polo155 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:38 pm said:

yea, Cant wait for Quriosty on PS3.

Sony had some nice products, i like that HD 3D w/3inch Glasses-Free viewer and those 3D HDTV’s that had no visable stand is going to be mine. The TV holder is more like a Desk Name Plate piece **Likes!!**

No PSP2 yet. :( i need a handheld, soooo itching to buy something but it has to be a Sony piece… either a psp2 (if i can wait that long, theres no official word) or a itouch 4 64gb and i dont want that, i’m a PC Guy& My Home Super-Computer “Cell Powerd” PS3. :)

+ Wolfnuka on January 5th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

damn.. some of the guys looked like they worked at a morgue or something…they should have put Kevin Butler instead :D
ps: PSP2!!! PSPHONE ALREADY!!!

+ Larex69 on January 5th, 2011 at 7:53 pm said:

how do you get your trophies on to facebook?

+ NeonReaver on January 5th, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

All I’ve been reading from Kotaku is “blah blah 3D this and blah blah 3D that”. I wish people would get tired of 3D already instead of pumping more money into the gimmick.

+ LordRaoh on January 5th, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

I love sony products.

I hate sony presentations.

+ polo155 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

@Diablo103 If i herd Correct he did say something od Glasses free 3D TV’s/3D Glasses Free HandyCam size Camcorders and a 3d Bloggie at the least. more than that too, peep it again.

+ fuzzyclutter on January 5th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

@81 you sync to server but make sure you have it enabled in account management first .

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

ANOTHER NEW PHONE MORE EXPENSIVE 3D TVS AND MORE 3D STUFF AND BLUERAY PORTABLE PLAYER…YET NO PSP PHONE OR PSP2?…IM ALIL DISAPPOINTED BUT NOW I HAVE A NEW PHNE TO LOOK FORWARD TO :P AND IM PRETTY SURE THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THE NEW PSP PHONE OR PSP 2 IN THE PLAYSTATION CONFERENCE LATER THIS YEAR..AND THIS IS WHY IM SUCH A HUGE SONY FAN :) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SONY TECH GUYS..

+ HaraldHrabovszky on January 5th, 2011 at 9:04 pm said:

Dear Sony!

No playsation Store for Hungary!
No firmware update for the GeoHot/Fail0verFlow hack!
No PsP 2 Relase date!

Why?!

I’m very disappointed Sony… I have a lot of first day buy videogames for your ps3 system (50+) and I’m very loyal too your system. But I can’t believe why is too hard, to make Playstation Store is my Country (Hungary)… This localization is a crazy misery! Who can answer My question? Where are these guys?!

Hungary is a part of Europian Union, and this is in my opinion a very big discrimination, that here gamers could not have PS Store…
Two years ago I just send to the hungarian Sony HQ a mail, with the question: When will be avaible the Store in Hungary? I was very pleased that I get the answer so fast: “We are working on this” -but yeah.., this was two years ago, and I waiting and waiting, and waiting and still now I justwaiting…, but no Store… I need answers… PLEASE!!!

Yours Sincerely…

Harald Hrabovszky

(p.s.: sorry for the mistakes, and bad english)

+ purplestream on January 5th, 2011 at 10:10 pm said:

The other company had more better updates for their system :( PS3 didnt except the Streaming music

+ morningdrive on January 5th, 2011 at 10:25 pm said:

for people complaining about cross game chat so they can talk to their friends..hasn’t anyone ever heard of a damn phone?

+ xxnike629xx on January 5th, 2011 at 10:28 pm said:

Consumer focused? Hm. Tell me why then why your electronics are so severely overpriced?

+ Mies2000 on January 5th, 2011 at 11:03 pm said:

OMG!
Sony is one step away from a halo-ban!

+ iamhannah on January 5th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

The Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc looks rad.