PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

SingStore Update: No Doubt, Maroon 5 and over 65 songs arrive today

David Thach's Avatar + Posted by David Thach on Jan 05, 2011 // Sr. Manager, International Software Development

Happy New Year everyone! The US SingStore rolled out its very first update of 2011 today, and we’re starting the year off right with lots of fantastic new music available to download. Last month we announced that SingStar fans in the US now have access to a whole new catalog of songs from Universal Music that were only previously available on the European SingStore. As promised, we’re still pouring through the Universal library to bring you a variety of songs that will make you want to pick up that microphone and unleash your inner super star.

Singstar: No Doubt

Today, we’re releasing another extensive list of songs with over 65 tracks from popular artists like Cher, Pearl Jam, The Clash, Will.i.Am, and Maroon 5. We’re also releasing six new SingStar-worthy song packs, including the Lionel Richie & The Commodores Song Pack, the A-Ha Song pack, and the No Doubt Song Pack.

Singstar: Lionel Richie & The CommodoresSingstar: Aha

And if you picked up a copy of SingStar Dance this holiday and you’re looking for more songs that will put your dance moves to the test, we’ve also released a number of dance enabled tracks with new moves to master.

Hit the jump for a complete list of the tracks in today’s SingStore update and be sure to watch this space for your latest SingStar news.

New SingStar Tracks – $1.49 Each:

• Lionel Richie, All Night Long
  • Lionel Richie, Hello
  • Lionel Richie, Angel
  • Hinder, Lips Of An Angel
  • Lloyd, Get It Shawty
  • Maroon 5, This Love
  • Mika, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • Morrissey, You Have Killed Me
  • The Velvet Underground, I’m Sticking With You
  • The Wonder Stuff, Size Of A Cow
  • The Wonder Stuff, A Wish Away
  • Robyn, Be Mine
  • Yeasayer, O.N.E

PlayStation Move/Dance Add-Ons – $0.49 to Upgrade:

• Lou Bega, Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of…)
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome, Dance Wiv Me
  • Britney Spears, Born To Make You Happy
  • The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup
  • Aqua, Barbie Girl
  • Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart
  • Dexy’s Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen
  • Will.I.Am feat. Cheryl Cole, Heartbreaker

Island Records Song Pack- $6.99:

• U2, With Or Without You
  • The Christians, Harvest For The World
  • Mika, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • The Fratellis, Chelsea Dagger

• Just A Girl
  • Ex-Girlfriend
  • Hella Good
  • Running

33 Comments   1 Reply

+ Bug42 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

That is great the US is getting more songs now. Any word on when (or if) we are getting the Depeche Mode songs that are currently on the UK store?

Thanks!

+ ptuck874 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

Nice to get Singstore updates :) got my sister hooked during Christmas party :)

+ Ghost-of-SpartaX on January 5th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

too bad the Playstation move doesn’t have a mic intergraded (Wii mote)would be perfect for Singstar!!!

+ Beefer on January 5th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Holy crap! A-Ha… Foot Of The Mountain! Awesome! I’ve been putting off starting Singstar…. because of other games I have that I need to get done but it looks like I have no choice NOW! ….lol! All I need to see NOW! Would have to be Keane! Let me rephrase that! YOU NEED TO ADD KEANE!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, SONY!

+ ElCapitanAmerica on January 5th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

The Dance songs are .49 each or .49 for all of them? :-)

My kids love Singstart Dance, but I’m wondering if you guys will ever package a more kid friendly add-on (with songs aimed at children, or kid versions of popular songs)?

David Thach's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on January 5th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

they are .49 each to get the Dance add-on upgrade

+ Arayku on January 5th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

Bought this for Christmas and it’s lots of fun can’t wait to see the library of songs grow, also PLEASE add something from Jade Valerie or back when she was Sweetbox, really enjoy her songs and it would be great for this.

+ guitarded77 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

So happy to see the SingStore getting major updates!!!! Please keep it up and bring me more 80’s hair metal… and release Radiohead “Fake Plastic Trees” here in the US.

+ remanutd5 on January 5th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

i know this is way off topic but are you guys doing something here on the blog for CES 2011 ? anything playstation related ?

+ David2Crazy on January 5th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Damn impressive! Not only happy to see that support for this game is back, but back and better than it ever was.

+ WrekGar on January 5th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

Sweet now we are not feeling so neglected and i wont have to buy songs from the UK anymore. Let the AMERICAN SING OFF BEGIN!!!

The Blog Stalker

+ jelly_bean on January 5th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

I’m so happy the US Singstore is catching up with the UK… The update is getting better and better… I’ll get something for sure… Well done guys :)

+ SalMoriarty on January 5th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Now about those wireless mics….

+ worldagainstjose on January 5th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

woot woo! i just need a bigger hard drive to get more songs. Would i be able to transfer all the songs i purchased onto the new hard drive i install? anybody know?
Ditto on wireless mics

+ Budapesti on January 5th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Pulp’s Common People? Hell, yes!

+ Shadowboricua on January 5th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

FINALLY!!! What prompted this? Where you all waiting for all of us to trade-in out copies before something like this happened? Finally the US gets an well-deserved update!

+ texas_ride on January 5th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

are you guys taking suggestions here? if so, i’d like to see the following tracks among many others hit the SingStore:
Selena – Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
Julieta Venegas – Me Voy
Shakira – Eres Tu

+ texas_ride on January 5th, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

also, should have added that my wife and i are happy about the UMG deal and are thankful for the support SingStar gets. Thanks!!!

+ plaztiksyke on January 5th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

I like how the guitar add-on allows me to hear the track without guitar or vocals. It would be cool if there was a way to solo the tracks and play with the mix without playing the game. While I like the guitar/vocal/backing separation, it sounds like all of the tracks are lower quality then usual SingStar tracks :(

Better audio and video encodes this time? Please? SingStar has a nice background downloader, so download times being a bit longer would be a fine tradeoff for better quality (rather than awful bass-boost EQ).

My fav releases have been Franz Ferdinand’s Take Me Out guitar add-on and Pulp’s Common People. Some Blur, Of Montreal, Polyphonic Spree, and Duran Duran guitar add-ons would be welcome!

+ dom70 on January 5th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

I agree with Bug42, where are the Depeche Mode songs?

+ ixnine on January 5th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Sweet! I can’t tell you how much fun my family had at my apartment playing the singing and dancing tracks. I’m looking forward to downloading some of these new tracks. Thanks Sony!

+ JoeDuke4 on January 5th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

Rock the Casbah!

+ ManaKnight on January 5th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

@Bug42, they are apart of WMG in the U.S. WMG does not support any digital distribution at the moment if I remember correctly.

Awesome tracklist. Glad to see some NeYo.

+ rebeljd on January 5th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

I don’t have SingStar but I’m thrilled with the added support, added songs, and added updates. This is a good move for a game that shouldn’t be overshadowed by all the other games in the same genre market.

Glad to read all positive feedback/comments from everyone here.

Rock on Sony/Playstation. Keep pumping out the support for your casual games to get the ball moving right along with all the other awesome AAA titles.

+ shad_86 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

WIRELESS MICS!!!!
WIRELESS MICS!!

are you guys even following this up!?

thanks

+ shad_86 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:11 pm said:

By the way I’m willing to pay 2.00 dlls (maybe 2.50 for just a few) for top 40 songs please!!
I’m tired for 80’s and 70’s songs… one more thing SUSAN BOYLE !!? no way!

+ Chapulin140 on January 5th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

Pearl Jam, Alive!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! keep them coming and Ill do the buying.

+ Elvick_ on January 5th, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

@3: The Wiimote doesn’t have a mic in it… it has a speaker…

Anyhoo, I noticed the SingStar Vol 1 intro today and lol’d at the fact that the people jammin’ out had wireless mics and those aren’t available for NA… still.

At least we’re getting songs now. Which is most important to me.

+ BeefFungu on January 6th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Best SingStore update ever, thats for sure. Took a while but at least it’s finally here. Now just ass in a little Ben Folds and my singstar will be complete! :)

+ StarFoxMania on January 6th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Is Courtney Love stopping you from getting more Nirvana songs in? Just wondering. Or is it Geffen Records? Or is it that you haven’t asked neither party I mentioned cause you think your audience is only into pop and rap?

+ gavbrwn on January 7th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Is anyone else finding random add on content is “unavailable to buy”?

+ tearsofash on January 8th, 2011 at 4:40 am said:

@30

I am having this issue as well. I came here to see if the songs dance add-ons were listed in the update, and they were.

I’m ready to give you my money, but it seems like they don’t want it. =\

+ MadMeat001 on January 9th, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

Sum 41 – Motivation? COOL :D.
but what about Blink 182? (I SUNG THAT MILLIONS OF TIMES OMG)
Good Charlotte
Simple Plan
Green Day
NoFX
Passion Pit
Gob
Box Car Racer
The All American Reject :D

+ duhstynn on January 11th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

Le Chemin – Kyo and the songs by Pleymo must be added for us frenchies!!!