PS4-The Order

Watch LittleBigPlanet 2 Set 5 Guinness World Records Live in NYC

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jan 12, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

In celebration of the January 18th launch of LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ll be partnering with Guinness World Records next week to set five new records over a three-day period. Beginning on January 17th and going through January 19th, a small team of dedicated LBP fans will take over the PlayStation Lounge at the Sony Style store in New York City to set new gaming records and earn their place in history. If you’re in New York and would like to come check it out, feel free to drop by:

PlayStation Lounge at the Sony Style store
550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

Guinness World Records 2011: Gamer's Edition

The Guinness World Records to be set include:

1. Longest marathon playing LittleBigPlanet 2
  2. Longest marathon playing a platform video game
  3. Most video game genres played in one video game in 24 hours
  4. Most user-generated video game levels played in 24 hours
  5. Most user-generated video game levels played in a marathon

LittleBigPlanet 2 will also be recognized for the following records:

1. Most gaming genres in one video game
  2. Most player-created levels in one video game

If you can’t make it down, no worries, we’ll be LIVE streaming our World Record Event online right here on the PlayStation.Blog. Stay tuned for our unprecedented schedule of LittleBigPlanet 2 goodness hosted by Veronica Belmont from Qore and our own Jeff Rubenstein. Check in and watch the live action, interviews from anyone and everyone who loves Sackboy, and behind-the-scenes access with Media Molecule, plus tons more. You can even help us decide on which games to play next or tweet in your questions to anyone at the event. Whether it’s watching our fans staying up playing LBP2 into the wee hours of the night, checking out the Subway lunch break, or enjoying the back and forth banter of our LIVE event, we promise a good time. Want more details? Click here.

This record setting event also commemorates the release of the Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, the latest chronicle of video gaming history. LittleBigPlanet looms large in this year’s edition of the book with the game’s main character lovable, stitched-together main character, Sackboy, gracing the book’s cover and a bevy of facts and records cited within its pages. Known as the “Video Game Bible,” the fourth and latest edition of the popular series comes packed with 90% new or updated records and 750 never-before-seen amazing images appealing to everyone from hard-core gaming veterans to first time gamers and families. The Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition will be available on January 20th for $14.99.

PAGE 1 2

+ proskatercam on January 12th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Can’t wait! =D

+ musicismyradar on January 12th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

well, it looks like they can make a world record for anything then. Pretty much all of those awards only apply to this game.

+ ssjmichael on January 12th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

Awesome, I might check it out! Any giveaways/promotions planned?

+ TheAlbraskan on January 12th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

Sweet! I got the Guinness Book of Records for 2011 for a Christmas present, and was disappointed to only see about two pages for the video game records. Now I see why that is! Gonna have to pick that one up.

+ digitalman123 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

I’m getting that book tomorrow! No joke! I have it on order, have since Saturday!
Awesome stuff! How about, “Game To Get The Most World Records”? Hah?
Can’t wait! For za ween!

+ T3mpr1x on January 12th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Lol how funny, also that book is surprisingly cheap.

+ leonhart9876 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

so… nothing im going to poop my pants over

+ Link01 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Wish I could go. :( We need events here in Florida!

+ TheTwelve on January 12th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

Go get it LBP!

+ JoeDuke4 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

This is pretty awesome for sure. LBP2 is mindblowing stuff

+ crowsticky1234 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

I’ll be there.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 12th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

It’s shaping up to be a great event, looking forward to seeing any/all LBP fans there!

+ MegaFilth90 on January 12th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

@ leonhart9876: I seriously lol’d at work that was hilarious!!! And i was thinking the same thing, the first two are basically the same, and the last two are…so dumb!!!

+ niked on January 12th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

Great to see Sony promoting This and other amazing exclusives! Well done! This is a smart and great way to get the word out!

+ Curtisio on January 12th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

I’d love to join the play, but I work and don’t live in NY. I’m bummed out.

Question: Is LBP2 in the 2011 edition of Guinness World Records?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 12th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

LBP1 is included in the GWR Gamer’s Edition, but not LBP2, since it’s not out yet.

+ Kirkpad on January 12th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

Hopefully they have compact levels picked out ahead of time. If the levels take too long to load, #4 and #5 could easily be beaten by someone who plays LBP2 but with extremely short levels. Or just another user generated game altogether with faster load times. Maybe Super Meat Boy when the level editor launches?

+ D-Squad3 on January 12th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

Awsome, can’t wait to get my CE! Sackboy plushie FTW!

+ kotsedriver on January 12th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

This is going to be interesting…

+ Arcadian_Rebel on January 12th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

That’s great! Sony/PS3 is the future!

+ FredNation on January 12th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Exciting! Just wish it was on a Saturday, that way I could’ve been there! Anyways good luck!

+ Blade133 on January 12th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

To bad they don’t know that the day LittleBigPlanet 2 comes out, I’m going to load up on Red Bull and play for 4 days straight. The record’s mine!

+ PatriotEyez27 on January 12th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Less then one week :D

Can’t wait to play,create and share once again!

+ ShadowOfEden on January 12th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

The first one is pretty stupid. Any game could have their own record for it and it would be totally pointless.

+ halowars7 on January 12th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Wow! I wish I could be there! Take a bunch of Pics please!

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 12th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

I just beat my own world record, number of posts by jimmyfoxhound on the PS Blog!!! Yesss!! I’m winner!!!! *throws confetti on self*

+ GamerMoney on January 12th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

is that store 24hrs? If I fly over there, I can’t join in the gaming can I? This sounds awesome!

+ Zeer0id on January 12th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

This is… pretty silly. I mean, the records are just getting more and more arbitrary every year. Nevertheless, LittleBigPlanet 2 marathons are always a good thing. Can’t fault anyone for wanting to do that!

+ BlooodyCow on January 12th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

dam, I gotta work tomorrow :(
Congrats to MM and LBP. Can’t wait to pick up my CE LBP2 next week Tuesday

+ krae_man on January 12th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

This seriously bothers me. I used to love reading the Guinness Book of World records. It used to be about tall people, fat people, crazy people who put 892 clothes pins on their face etc. It was actually interresting to read.

Now, it’s full of made up records bought by corporations for marketing purposes.

I seriously dislike this crap. Those “records” are worthless, you bought them.

+ JakeRuiner on January 12th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

I’m in California, so I can’t make it. It would be crazy if I booked a plan ride to NY right now just to make it to the event…Yeah pretty crazy, but tempting…

+ Lt_pickel on January 12th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Lbp has always been a great cool joyful game it is my favirote playstation game ever i liked it from day 1 untill now . what a hit

+ S-E-G on January 12th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

oh i can’t wait for the day when Sony say’s
“we are the first console to set a world record!!!”
lol

+ Locster60 on January 12th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

AWESOME! JANUARY 17TH IS MY BIRTHDAY! Guess what I am getting for my B-Day? LOL

+ judalation on January 12th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

WOW… I dont expect this record to be broken any time soon…

+ UrbanKhaos on January 12th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

It’ll be a neat event, though ina way it’s sad that the Guinness World Records have fallen this low… I remember when they used to be about actual athletic skills, bravery and strength, and also some extremely weird freaks of nature, so gaming related awards don’t really seem great, but anyway, don’t let me poop on the celebrations, I’m looking forward to this one!

+ Grendolai on January 12th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Do I get a World Record for being the only one to hold THIS position in THIS blog post?

+ hopeybaby on January 12th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

YAY! My two FAV things put together, LBP(and LBP2) and books XD

+ Ftwrthtx on January 12th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Why was this not held on the West Coast?? :-)

+ altrodesi on January 12th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

This is great publicity…Seems like something only LBP2 could do!

+ ixnine on January 12th, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

Aww, I wanna be part of that record-breaking event. Anyway, I bet good times will be had. I can’t wait until the 18th. :)

+ darkchrisify on January 12th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

The first thing im going to do when I get the collector’s edition is hug the sackdoll as hard as I can.

+ Ztnepres on January 12th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

NOOOOOOOO! My semester starts that day! I guess I’ll have to stream it. Will we be able to ask questions in a live blog or something?

+ Gaucho21 on January 12th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

“Longest marathon playing LittleBigPlanet 2″

What kind of record is that? why don’t they also give it the record for “Game with most traits similar to Little Big Planet 2″

+ df2506 on January 12th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

Next week will be a great week for LBP2. Can’t wait. I’ll be tuning into the event as soon as possible on the 17th. I prob won’t catch any of the event on Tuesday because I’ll be busy playing the game myself. lol. Not sure about Wensday either, but I’ll try to catch up with posts about it sometime next week!

Looking forward to getting my collector’s edition on Tuesday. I have it all paid off now. I’m planning to get the Stragegy guide too. Just trying to get as much LBP2 stuff as possible. :)

*wonders if there will be week 1 dlc*

So can’t wait till next week!

+ nerdmanwhippy on January 12th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

Not necessarily directed at you guys for going for these “records” but more so at Guinness, but their absolutely garbage.

When Batman AA came out, it got in the book for being the best superhero action adventure ever or w/e. A category that would only have a few rivals at best. Now we add this to the list? Longest marathon of LBP2? Really?

I’m sorry but nobody cares if you set a record for best game in this series yet or for that matter longest marathon play of a game… that gasp.. your starting the play through before the game even comes out.

Don’t get me wrong, I intend to buy LBP2, I’m excited for it. But the bogus world records bs is getting really old.

+ bgardner on January 12th, 2011 at 11:29 pm said:

you should have a live stream of the event on justin.tv or ustream

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 13th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

ZOMGOSH!! I hold the record for being the 46th poster on this story!!!!! Call Guinness quick!! o_O

+ OveReAction on January 13th, 2011 at 1:26 am said:

Wow! Good luck with that! :)

+ boobinz on January 13th, 2011 at 4:44 am said:

WOOOT…

+ zombie9 on January 13th, 2011 at 5:45 am said:

Is Kevin Butler going to be there breaking all of these records.
And who is going to break them??

+ Carl-G on January 13th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

And my LBP2 ‘World Record’ will be -

The fastest person to run to the games shop & buy a copy of LBP2 ;P ;D ;)

PAGE 1 2