PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

It Only Does Endless Fun

Scott Steinberg's Avatar + Posted by Scott Steinberg on Jan 14, 2011 // VP of Product Marketing

I’m joining you today to give the PlayStation.Blog community the first look at something many of you have been asking for – Kevin Butler offering his unique twist on LittleBigPlanet 2.

In this latest ad Kevin joins us as the VP of Infinite Infinity, referring of course to the endless possibilities that arise when you combine LittleBigPlanet 2’s new features and functionality with access to the over 3.2 million existing online levels created with the original LittleBigPlanet. This spot is one of my personal favorites to date.

In the coming weeks you’ll be seeing a lot of LittleBigPlanet 2, starting today with this Kevin Butler ad as well as the video above which features some of the great levels created during the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta. Both will be rotating on some of your favorite networks including ESPN, G4, Comedy Central, and more. Of course, be sure to also check in on Monday when we begin our attempt to set five gaming records with Guinness World Records in New York City over a three-day period.

Additionally, from now through the end of February, you can drop into 7-Eleven stores around the country to get your hands on one of two limited edition Sackboy Slurpee cups and collect codes redeemable for exclusive downloadable items to make your LittleBigPlanet 2 experience even more exciting. But that’s not all we have in store for you— the team has been hard at work creating some amazing DLC that you’ll be hearing more about in the next few weeks.

The anticipation is building for next Tuesday’s return of Sackboy in LittleBigPlanet 2. While some of you have already played this instant classic via the beta and demo on PSN, next week you’ll have the opportunity to officially add the game to your collection and begin building original games of your own. The feedback from fans thus far has been great and the praise from critics, just overwhelming. Media are raving about the abundance of tools, inspiration, and many opportunities to share your creations, Others are calling it a “celebration of creativity” and “one of the best games you can pick up this year.” Gaming web sites have awarded the title extremely high marks and flattering compliments, including IGN (9/10, Editor’s Choice), Game Informer (9.5/10), 1UP (A-), GamePro (5/5) and Joystiq (5/5).

PAGE 1 2

+ Weshzu on January 14th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

kp ftw ;p

+ Nintendo451 on January 14th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

LBP2 = Möbius Strip of gaming.

+ Gorvi on January 14th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

Awesome. :)

+ whitwhit on January 14th, 2011 at 7:37 am said:

Kevin butler+lbp2= bought

+ Sunshock218 on January 14th, 2011 at 7:41 am said:

That’s a pretty epic TV spot. Only 4 days left guys!

“How do you know when you’re done? YOU DON’T.”

+ JeepnDave on January 14th, 2011 at 7:41 am said:

cupcakes wrapped in bacon! Yum!!

+ marlyt on January 14th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

LBP2 CE + Me = fired from job for being “sick” all week. GOTY FTW!!!

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 15th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Don’t forget to go back with a bit of Vicks under your chin for that lovely “recovery smell”

+ B-Real206 on January 14th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

Loved the commercial! We need a new firmware now!!

+ Butters360 on January 14th, 2011 at 7:46 am said:

The only thing I got out of that besides LBP2 is that some genius invented bacon wrapped cupcakes.

+ dragonmagician on January 14th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

It sounds like KB’s voice was superimposed into the commercial, making it just a little less awesome. It was still good though.

+ lyfestory on January 14th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

with LBP2 coming out shortly and Killzone 3 out next month, the PS3 is getting a good jump on the year 2011… what’s giving the Wii and 360 players something to do if they don’t have a PS3??

+ alphanash on January 14th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

Mind = blown

+ trounbyfire on January 14th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

put them ON TV.. we know about LBP2 already.

+ Gtagentleman on January 14th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Is LBP2 coming to the PSN as a full game download?

Scott Steinberg's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 15th, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Sorry no plans for that…but expect some DLC announcements soon.

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

LBP 2 this month Killzone 3 next month , why Motorstorm Apocalypse is releasing in europe on march and here on april? not fair !!!!!

+ MoneyMaker110 on January 14th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

i’m so glad i got release day delivery.

+ johnnyblades on January 14th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

Great ad, can’t wait to pick up the CE on Tuesday.

+ trounbyfire on January 14th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

I hope KZ3 gets a bigger push like all February and not just 3 days.

KZ2 ads started like the day KZ3 launched which is stupid. Most people don’t even know KZ2 have a ads .

PLEASE PUSH KZ3 all month long NOT JUST 4 DAYS because it the biggest exclusive in the month. Treat KZ3 like a halo or greats in terms of marketing and you will get sales like halo or gears.

+ Korbei83 on January 14th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

mind.blown

+ Curtisio on January 14th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Dear Playstation:

I have a hard time sleeping and I end up waking up early before the alarm clock.

I think I’m sick and LBP2 is my only cure! I can’t stop thinking of possible levels to create and the new levels I be playing. I’ve got the Beta but it’s been taken off the PSN so I stopped building because what I build will be gone when I play the final version.

HELP!! Please move the release date to TODAY!!

Thanks for reading!

+ KazeEternal on January 14th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

I agree with 18

+ LordRaoh on January 14th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

Lots of great titles coming up. Don’t drop the ball like you did with your 2010 holiday and Gran Turismo 5 marketing. I went out to buy GT5 on the day of release, not a single poster or ad was in any of the stores i went to. Move? maybe a poster above the controller.

I love sony products, not just the playstation, but if you dont get on the ball you may be labeled the Dreamcast 2.

My friends that are not hardcore gamers like myself never know what or when a playstation 3 game is coming out. The problem seems to be that Sony does an excellent job at marketing, to people that are already going to buy the games and don’t need to marketed to.

+ twistedfloyd on January 14th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

Getting more excited about this the more I see it in action. Going to pick this up for sure along with KZ3 and so many others this year! I agree though, please start advertising more to the mainstream!

+ MER2090 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

LBP was so much fun really looking foward to LBP2

+ xReFLeXioN on January 14th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Endless indeed, i need to get this game ASAP.

+ dotCody on January 14th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

The forums working for anyone else?

+ Arcadian_Rebel on January 14th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

KB never lets us down!

+ k1ngsnak3 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Kevin Butler, President. Start voting now!

+ Destiny89 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

That was just awesome

+ ZildjianK on January 14th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

I normally wait for games to go on sale, but I’m buying the collector’s edition day 1 to support the development of this game. Please don’t screw over fans who supported the game on day 1 and release another GOTY edition like you did with the first game. Make it a greatest hits game if you want to later, but don’t release a new printing with exclusive content. That’s not cool to people who have supported the game.

+ jazzyrider on January 14th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Another KB classic…We need more pls! ;-)

+ zekececil14 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

We need a LittleBigPlanet 2 release countdown on the blog.

+ zekececil14 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

We need a LittleBigPlanet 2 release countdown on the blog. Just to emphasize my post.

+ zekececil14 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Again, we need a LittleBigPlanet 2 release countdown on the blog.

+ zekececil14 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Just so you get it, we need a LittleBigPlanet 2 release countdown on the blog. I use one on my PS3 as my profile comment.

+ Link01 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Just wish it had 3D support…. or news on the Move update :(

+ cobrafang on January 14th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Dear Sony, advertise on TV not on this blog, WE ARE ALL PLAYSTATION FANS HERE ALREADY!

+ TallCrowe on January 14th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

You need to have a Kevin Butler section of the PlayStation store now.

+ Rhez on January 14th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Gotta love Kevin Butler. And I can’t wait for LBP2!!!

+ footballrule on January 14th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

I’m sure Kevin Butler will make everyone want to own LBP2. I’m gonna preorder, that’s for sure!

+ Permafry_42 on January 14th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Kevin Butler: VP of AWESOME ADVERTISEMENTS!

+ tigown on January 14th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

He always impresses me… I’ll be buying it soon enough.

+ df2506 on January 14th, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

Awesome ads. Especially the Kevin Butler one. :)

Is it Tuesday yet?!

+ joostin on January 14th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

Kevin Butler is marketing gold! Put him in the Super Bowl!

+ PatriotEyez27 on January 14th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Scott Stienberg!

Man where’ve you been? Last time I’ve seen you was in that GameTrailers interview with Even Wells back in 2007/2008 xD

+ niked on January 14th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Great ad amd fantastic that you starting or SERIOUSLY advertise exclusive games for PS3. I hope you advertise it VERY well and step up your game even more asap. In US Playstation is having a hard time…fix it PR team! Do a better job then MS and you will get more sales! Get the word out there on BIG TV SHOWS (I know, depressing, but casual soccer moms watch shows like ellen and other). That is when you get casual to notice your product.

BTW. Please do this!

Get the Story trailer on Jimmy Fallon and people will in drowse buy the game in feb! DO IT PLEASE! It will be a gigantic reaction to it!

+ UltraRazpacho on January 14th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

Can’t wait, super excited.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 14th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

KB FTW!!! VP of infinite infinity, BWAHAHAHAHAHA, priceless!!! I have the collector’s edition pre-ordered and am raring to go!!! 8)

+ Tron-X on January 14th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Good bye every game in my library among the three consoles I own. Just like Little Big Planet dominated my play time more than any other game I own, Little Big Planet 2 will have 10X the impact. There’s no turning back now.

PAGE 1 2