No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet 2 Releases Tomorrow! See the Arcade Trailer

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Jan 17, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Tomorrow’s the big day for the LittleBigPlanet 2 release! And as all of us are eager to get our hands on the latest gaming experience filled with tons of new gaming genres, including action, sports, and adventure genres, we decided to create one more genre video paying tribute to the glory days of gaming embodied by some great user-generated levels created during the beta. Enjoy the latest “Arcade” genre trailer, and be sure to watch our LBP2 Guinness World Record event, streaming live from New York City, later this afternoon on the PlayStation.Blog.

60 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ VofEscaflowne on January 17th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

Can’t wait! Paid it in full Friday and the collector’s edition will be mine tomorrow morning… hopefully. They’re usually late with collector’s editions for some reason. Hopefully this isn’t the case :(

+ halowars7 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:08 am said:

Can’t Wait! One of the biggest games this year, and it comes out tommorrow!

+ jimmy903 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:10 am said:

This is going to be a great start to my 2011 gaming.

I just beat Black Ops on veteran so this is right on time.

+ Surfaced on January 17th, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

Woooo pickin up my Collector’s Edition tomorrow! My friend told me they’re sold out now; I’m so happy I made my preorder back in October.

+ svd246 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

Can’t wait I pre-ordered my copy on Friday and I have been pumped all weekend, watching videos and playing the demo over and over again, good job Media Molecule!

+ ThePlantDude on January 17th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

When I get LBP 2 I am so changing my account name to High_Voltage

I don’t know why I named my guy ThePlantDude, kind of dumb

+ BigRon3400 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

Got my Collector’s Edition bought and paid for! Can’t wait to pick it up after work tomorrow. Me and my 9 year old son are going to play through all the story levels together. We love LittleBigPlanet!

+ ThePlantDude on January 17th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

Oh and I pre-ordered LBP2 from Amazon, FREE COSTUMES!

+ ThePlantDude on January 17th, 2011 at 6:36 am said:

How old are you BigRon3400? Well even so, BEST GAME EVER CREATED!

+ spideyal on January 17th, 2011 at 6:36 am said:

Wow, you guys just made up my mind. I was originally going to miss out on this for Mass Effect 2, but no way. I’ll have to put Killzone 2 and Dragon Age 2 on hold (FFFFFFFF). Littlebigplanet 2 looks far too amazing to pass up.

Thank you for just ending what felt like a never ending struggle with myself over these games. :) I’ll try to get a collectors edition if I can.

+ spideyal on January 17th, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

Woops, I meant Killzone 3. But I just thought about it more and I should actually be fine with that one. But I’ll be missing out on Dragon Age 2 for sure.

Unfortunate, but I’ll be good for a while with these 3 anyways.

+ Reverend_M on January 17th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

I should have my Collectors edition arrive on my doorstep tomorrow! On my desk a few minutes later. In my PS3 a few minutes after that! :D

Can anyone official tell me though if the LBP2 Guide is as good and in-depth as the first? It says on the cover, the Ultimate CREATOR’S guide and all, but I hope that that doesn’t mean it neglects the PLAY part of the game (I enjoyed the first’s full maps, tips, hints, and prize bubble locations, etc.).

+ ThePlantDude on January 17th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

D: I am not getting collectors edition, I am getting from Amazon with the even more animals pack and the Rachet and Clank costume

+ digitalman123 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

CE! Woot Woot!
Is there a midnight event for it? I’d like to get it at midnight just in case…

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on January 17th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

SONY PLEASE MARKET THE GAME TO PEOPLE WHO DON’T KNOW ABOUT IT LIKE US!

I want this game to sell because it’s a great game! I hate it it when Sony doesn’t even put any marketing out before the game releases! =[

+ gomgom3000 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

yay LBP2
ugh i hate how i have school tomorrow so i gotta wait until im done
but after that
IM PLAYIN ALL NIGHT
whos gunna ber online tomorrow night

+ Gtagentleman on January 17th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

CANT… FRIKKING… WAIT!!!

+ Destiny89 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

Cant wait!

+ gomgom3000 on January 17th, 2011 at 6:58 am said:

sorry be instead of ber
lol

+ JLP_M on January 17th, 2011 at 7:17 am said:

Mark I am so happy to see this game releasing! Thanks for the new trailer.

+ Pedro_-_ on January 17th, 2011 at 7:37 am said:

I already have it! Soooo much fun. Already played for more than 24 hours.

+ doxiin on January 17th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

anyone knows the music?

+ Trixzter7 on January 17th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

I’m getting mines Wednesday.
Oh yea!

+ Tank_Baked on January 17th, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

Can’t wait for the CE tomorrow!

+ wooster6 on January 17th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

i pre ordered the collectors edition, and i want it now!

+ x_Lava_x on January 17th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Hey, does anyone know what the music is in this trailer? My roommate and I cannot stop jamming to it!

+ pitythefool852 on January 17th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

And the first game of 2011 is… LBP2, the game that never ends :)

Getting it day one… you’re going to drive me broke, Sony

With Killzone coming too I’m not sure if I have time or budget to get Mass Effect

And it’s going to be brilliant releases almost every month up to December… I hope the kids realise there’ll be no Christmas presents this year :D

+ jpbslayer on January 17th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

MIDNIGHT MIDNIGHT MIDNIGHT MIDNIGHT

+ Tron-X on January 17th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

The above video is one of the many examples why tomorrow is exploding with awesomeness. Waited for this more than any game in the last year.. because it will be the only game I basically play, just like the first LBP! The talent in this community is beyond belief – so be prepared to play games you wouldn’t have though possible!

+ G-Force08 on January 17th, 2011 at 8:54 am said:

I already have my Collector’s Edition paid in full. I’m just waiting for the store to open up tomorrow morning and I will grab my game right away!

This is going to be a great experience for sure. I cant wait to play and Kudos to all of you at MM and SCE.

+ Capshot18 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

Preordered the Collector’s Edition when it was announced, and I can’t wait for tomorrow.

+ deathdealer-7 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

is there an word on launch DLC for this as for today or tomorrow like they did for Littlebigplanet?

+ Gsoccer11 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Tommorow is going to be the longest school day of my life.

+ BEASTXJASON on January 17th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Can we get an interview with the tw worlds two developers already? Im dying here. Why did they delay it? I want my two worlds 2!

+ deathdealer-7 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

yea Gsoccer i feel ur pain

+ deathdealer-7 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

i even got the collectors edition so… my school day will be awful tomorrow

+ letherclad on January 17th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

I cannot wait, my collector’s edition will be here tomorrow! this is gonna be sweet!

+ Dariel93 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

I just got a question from way back some of us saw a little sackboy dress as sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII is it ever going to come out as DLC?

+ Knucklerider on January 17th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

People have been playing LBP2 since the 14th. looks like subway let the games out early. I have seen the games for sale on ebay and craigslist. Kinda sucks for us sackfolk who prepaid months ago and are still waiting. Have the day off because of a US holiday, all the stores have them and will not let us get them intel tomorrow. We want are LBP2.

+ cobrafang on January 17th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Getting us Playstation blog readers excited isn’t tough because we’re all fans. Sony, advertise this and other exclusive kick-ass games on television to the millions of Playstation owners who don’t visit these websites regularly.

+ RockyMtnBri on January 17th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

OK, now I’m ready to create more retro game tributes! Maybe I’ll try Sinistar or Scramble or even… Moon Patrol!

+ DeltaSquad52 on January 17th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

FOR THA WIN SOMEBODY ADD ME I NEED CO-OP BUDDYS!

+ Curtisio on January 17th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

I had to take a sleeping pill last night to catch some ZZZZs. This waiting is too much.

+ Lolsa1 on January 17th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I got the CE preordered AHHH!!! Add me if you want to play the story level and get the prize bubbles.

+ Butters360 on January 17th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

And PlayStation’s relentless assault on our wallets has officially begun…

+ Link01 on January 17th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Any news on 3D or Move support updates?

+ TheGuardianFID on January 17th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

I just picked up my collector’s edition, I’m gonna play it after lunch!!! 8)

+ singstar0cks on January 17th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Can’t wait for tomorrow! I have one class from 9:30 to 11 and I have a homework assignment that’s due on Saturday so i’ll probably stay at school and at least try to get part of it done. Then i’m heading over to Gamestop and picking up my copy!!!! :)

+ S-E-G on January 17th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

and i’m guessing so will a firmware update

+ ixnine on January 17th, 2011 at 11:18 am said: