PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

GT Academy Hits 50,000 Registrants, Last Call for Entries

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar + Posted by Stephanie Yoshimoto on Jan 18, 2011 // Senior Product Marketing Manager

It’s been one month since registration opened for GT Academy here in the US, and we are already at an unprecedented number of registrants. As of today, we are at an astounding (50,000) participants! So for those of you who have registered, thank you for making GT Academy a success in the US! And for those who haven’t registered yet – it’s not too late to be a part of the ground-breaking competition that may turn you into a professional race car driver.

GT Academy logo

Registration is open through the end of Round 1, closing at NOON EST on January 23, 2011. Registrants can enter the online seasonal events area within Gran Turismo 5 to compete in Round 1, which consists of three time trial events designed to test players’ driving skills and mastery of the tracks using Nissan vehicles.

At the end of Round 1, the top 128 players in each of the four national regions will move on to the next round, culminating in Round 4, the national finals, this March. Out of the national finals, 16 competitors will rise to the GT Academy finals, where one person will earn the chance of a lifetime, to become a professional race car driver.

Visit here to learn more and register for GT Academy before noon on January 23, 2011. You must be a legal US resident and at least 18 years old to enter. See here for complete rules.

Thanks again, and GOOD LUCK!

12 Comments

+ F-minus on January 18th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

I love GT5, I dont think ill be able to log a good fast time but it was fun attempting.

+ sticklife on January 18th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

I’m like 1400 or so, I wish i could have made it to round two. =(

+ TUSTIN1 on January 18th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

Since I’m in Canada, I just wish I could have attempted round one…

+ X_Brandon_X on January 18th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

what about europe?

+ WCKidRock on January 18th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

yeah it would have been great to have at least entered to get the free stuff for entering…..there could be a clause for everyone in the world to be able to enter and only be able to get virtual prizes…and see if we can beat the US at their own contest

+ Kithkarnon on January 18th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

The question is, how many of those 50,000 people are like me and don’t live the US but have a US PSN account? I did not feel like being screwed out of the free stuff even tho I can’t win any prizes.

+ notmsp2you on January 18th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

Great — Now can you fix the servers so the times from Cape Ring properly register? I’m so close to being in the top 129 in the SE, but I can’t get my times on that track to log to the server. FWIW – I’m not the only person having this problem.

+ polo155 on January 18th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

i will tackle this again but very hard, im usually bout 160 or 170 position but that dnt cut it lol.

+ polo155 on January 18th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

Brandon, this is the UNITED STATES BLOG.

As for GT5, Loving it and cant wait for B-Spec online!

+ NotoriousGamer on January 18th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

wat happen to the free car for entering????

+ NotoriousGamer on January 18th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

also when is next update to GT5 coming? It was said to be every month but I see Kaz is bringing it on Feb now. Is it true? let me guess… no answer.

+ BlearySpecs on January 18th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Thanks Sony and Nissan for screwing over all of your Canadian customers.