Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 18

Jan 18

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 Out Now on Blu-ray and PSN

Evil Chris Priestly's Avatar Posted by Community Coordinator, BioWare

The time has finally come and you can now play Mass Effect 2 on your PS3 via Blu-ray Disc or PlayStation Network download. Thanks for being patient and we’re thrilled that you can finally enjoy the full Mass Effect 2 experience.

The Mass Effect team is very proud of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 has already won multiple awards, including IGN’s Game of the Year and Gametrailer’s Game of the Year as well as Best Sci-Fi Game, Best Blockbuster Game, and Best Story, among many others. And early word on the PS3 version is extremely positive with a 5/5 rating from The Toronto Sun, 5 stars from The Guardian, a 9.5/10 from IGN and Official Playstation Magazine giving it 10 out of 10!

Now, I hear you ask “Won’t I miss out since I didn’t play the first game?” Well, the truth is that Mass Effect 2 is an incredible standalone game whether you have played Mass Effect 1 or not. Yes, there are some story choices from Mass Effect 1 that do give some background and flavor to the story of Mass Effect 2, but the Mass Effect team has worked out a very cool way to ensure you don’t miss either the back story or these story choices.

BioWare and Dark Horse Comics, the same studio that has created the Mass Effect Redemption and Mass Effect Evolution comics, have created an introductory motion comic narrated by Mark Meer, the voice of Commander Shepard, that provides you the story of what happened in the first Mass Effect and enables you to make important choices, like who lives or dies, and creates a starting point for your playthrough of Mass Effect 2. This way, you not only learn the background story from the first game, you also directly get to choose the important story options that carry over into Mass Effect 2.

PS3 users also get a huge heap of extra content (plus an upgraded game engine featuring enhanced graphics, the same technology used for Mass Effect 3 in Holiday 2011). Over the past year of Mass Effect 2’s release, we released downloadable content that enabled players to continue their Mass Effect 2 experience. For the PS3 version, we bundled much of this DLC into the game, so you get the Normandy Crash site, Firewalker, Overlord, Zaeed: The Price of Revenge, Kasumi: Stolen Memory, the Blood Dragon Armor and the award-winning Lair of the Shadow Broker as part of your game right from the start.

So there you have it. Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 is a multi-award winning game, with an interactive, motion comic introduction to keep you current with the story that allows you to make key storyline choices, plus a huge amount of bonus content bundled into one awesome package. This is the game that PS3 fans have been waiting for. Don’t just sit there — head out to your favorite game store and buy a copy on Blu-ray Disc, or go to the PlayStation Network and download your digital copy of Mass Effect 2 today.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Superstrokey1123 said:

January 18th, 1:10 pm

Woot, getting mine tonight!

PatriotEyez27 said:

January 18th, 1:11 pm

LBP2 for me

Mass Effect 2 later down the road.

Nader-Abudiix said:

January 18th, 1:11 pm

Sweeeet, does the DLCs require a VIP Pass like other EA Games or straight on disc ?

omnilaw said:

January 18th, 1:11 pm

Picked this up along with LBP2. Nice Work!

polo155 said:

January 18th, 1:12 pm

if this is in the psn “right now” its mine!

musicismyradar said:

January 18th, 1:15 pm

Is the PSN version $60 as well?

I think PSN games should be discounted at least 30% from retail discs. Everyone knows this game will be below $40 in a few weeks (you can already get on Amazon for basically that much after the promo credit), and it’s unfair that the PSN version will always stay at a high price.

DarkRecoil said:

January 18th, 1:16 pm

Great news. Thanks guys.

btw, is it true that there will be further additional dlc for the PS3 in the future?

Anyway, i’m off to do some downloading :)

Evil Chris Priestly's Avatar

Evil Chris Priestly said:

January 18th, 1:27 pm

Yes there is more DLC still coming for Mass Effect 2. It will be available for all platforms including the PS3. =)

twooh said:

January 18th, 1:17 pm

Heck yea! $40 price drop and it’s mine. Till then, keep the overpriced year old port.

XBOX360 version = $20. Ps3 version with no prequel = $60. GTFO. DLC is something I don’t buy anyways, so nobody even state the game is worth it with it.

And the Comic for the back-story doesn’t do justice.

joehyuk said:

January 18th, 1:17 pm

Even though I’ve already played through it, including the downloadable content, I think I’m going to pick it up again for the PS3. And speaking of the different versions, any chance BioWare might consider patching the game to read the data from a saved game for Mass Effect 1 (from a different platform like the PC, but copied to a flash drive and brought over to the PS3) to initialize a new Shepherd with? The comic book sounds nice, but I’d still rather have my character from my play-through of ME1. Just a thought.

Neil said:

January 18th, 1:18 pm

I ordered this on Amazon for the 20 gift credit.

Senju_Karim said:

January 18th, 1:20 pm

Order shipped and on its way! Can’t wait, is there anyway that you guys can allow a PC save of ME1 to work on ME2 PS3 in the the future? I bought ME1 on Steam last month and loved it. Will make the same choices in the comic (and even spent time in the demo recreating my character from ME1, the codes are genius btw!) but since I can see me play ME2 multiple times, the ability to do this down the road would be appreciated!

DaoFerret said:

January 18th, 1:20 pm

Picked up the Blu-Ray copy at lunch. Looking forward to sitting down for some “quality time” with tonight. :D

Couldn’t understand why someone would buy on Blu-Ray. How much space does it take up, for the same price, without the ability to lend to a friend?

Kchow23 said:

January 18th, 1:21 pm

awesome ME2 + LBP2 on one day! :)

reson8er said:

January 18th, 1:24 pm

I so stoked for this its not even funny. My copy should arrive tomorrow, and I have the wonderful LBP2 to tide me over until then.

adolson said:

January 18th, 1:24 pm

ARE THE SAVE FILES COPY-PROTECTED?

Almost every other EA game is… DO NOT WANT.

nino1911 said:

January 18th, 1:25 pm

i waited so long for this game thanks bioware.

Evil Chris Priestly's Avatar

Evil Chris Priestly said:

January 18th, 1:30 pm

You and all the PS3 fans are welcome Nino1911

mew_frenger said:

January 18th, 1:27 pm

shure u could complain about price and everything but u know im just rly happy it came to ps3. and i will get it tomorrow,. thanks for bringeng mass effect to ps3

Heisem said:

January 18th, 1:29 pm

great game but i’ll get it later for a more reasonable price.

UltraRazpacho said:

January 18th, 1:29 pm

How much does the PSN Mass Effect 2 cost? Also how big of a download is it?

Destiny89 said:

January 18th, 1:30 pm

Great news, will get it but after LBP2 tho

jimmyfoxhound said:

January 18th, 1:31 pm

Awesome! Got a copy shipping to me right now! Thanks BioWare & EA!!

G-Force08 said:

January 18th, 1:32 pm

I’m downloading the PS+ trial right now for the game. 12GB download :/ but I’m sure it will be worth it :3

I just got the LBP 2 CE and will most likely be purchasing some games off of the PSN tonight, so no $ for ME 2 as of right now.

Kchow23 said:

January 18th, 1:35 pm

Any chance for a ME2 Dynamic theme or avatars?

Busca-Cabezas said:

January 18th, 1:35 pm

Hi Evil Chris Priestly… I really like your picture avatar… Is that available on PSN? Can I get it? Or is it exclusive to you?? Anyway… I really likes!! ^_^ BTW, I’m getting this game ASAP!!

Zephram said:

January 18th, 1:36 pm

I can’t download the game- getting error 80023102.

Credit card info is up to date, and 69 free gigs on hard drive!

MARLLOW-X said:

January 18th, 1:38 pm

XBOX 360 Prices: Game Disc – $15, DLC Missions – $24, $39 Total

PS3 Prices: ??? More than $40, and I’m out.

Link01 said:

January 18th, 1:41 pm

You guys seriously should have discounted the PSN version of Mass Effect 2. It uses up bandwidth to download, it takes a serious chunk of your HDD, it has no physical copy that can be sold back and such, and it dies when PSN dies…. Even a $10 discount would have been nice

On another note, I totally bought the retail Blu Ray copy :D. I really appreciate you guys bringing a non half assed port to our console.. with all the DLC. Thank you :D

JrXC said:

January 18th, 1:41 pm

Installing game data now!

BLEACH-Fan said:

January 18th, 1:45 pm

Great job Bioware ME2 is out here in the UK on friday and I will defiantly pick it up and also in the gamespot review they said there was something wrong with on of the DLC pack, a vehicle mission do you plan to patch it?

Evil Chris Priestly's Avatar

Evil Chris Priestly said:

January 18th, 1:46 pm

Don’t forget, if you’re still not sure ME2 is for you, you can always download the free demo on PSN and give it a shot. Then, assuming you like it, you can order a copy or download it through PSN.

utopianacht said:

January 18th, 1:48 pm

a delay with my shipment.. :( oh noooo.. I can’t wait..

OnesOwnGrief said:

January 18th, 1:48 pm

Ok, question for pretty much anyone. What developer gives a crap if you can sell their game back when you decide you no longer want it? There shouldn’t be discounts if you’re so concerned if you can trade in a game. Either you want the game or not. Buy it and enjoy.

beam1249 said:

January 18th, 1:58 pm

I just picked this up as part of a buy 2 Get 1 free deal. The demo was awesome, I can’t wait to experience the full game.

KongWen said:

January 18th, 1:58 pm

My copy is in the mail. I will always buy a real product over an imaginary one, especially when they’re the same price, and unfortunately I couldn’t get a good preorder at any of my local stores, so shipping times ahoy!

i_like_toast said:

January 18th, 2:02 pm

game currently sitting in my car waiting for me to get off work, 3 more hours to go!

DNAgent said:

January 18th, 2:03 pm

Is there anything extra content for PS3 owners? The other platforms already have the DLC and they’ll be getting the comic soon. I don’t think it’s worth a buy at full price unless it has something exclusively for PS3 owners.

Destiny89 said:

January 18th, 2:12 pm

Will be getting it soon

S-E-G said:

January 18th, 2:12 pm

i’ll get it for the xbox 360 instead, must be dirt cheap by now
thanks anyway

The_Apprentice said:

January 18th, 2:15 pm

If I buy this game on PSN can I download it to my 2 ps3 systems so that my sister can play it on hers and I play it on mine?

Thanks.

ExPresident said:

January 18th, 2:17 pm

Picked up ME2 today and two other games with Best Buy’s buy 2 get 1 free deal. Rock on :)

jonboi24 said:

January 18th, 2:18 pm

to anyone with who purchased their mass effect 2 today on blur-ray, the cerberus network is currently down thus you can not redeem you codes and can not access the digital comic, for it runs on the cerberus network. hopefully it will be up soon, till then i suggest holding on playing the game till it is up. hopefully someone from bioware will update us, with how long this will take.

Budapesti said:

January 18th, 2:23 pm

jonboi, I’m guessing the Cerberus Network will be up when the PSN store updates…of course, that’s just wild speculation!

El_Hoardo said:

January 18th, 2:24 pm

I wish the comic wasn’t tied to Cerberus Network. From what I understand, it’s only accessible from one PSN account. My brother and I loved the first ME, but passed up ME2 in hopes of the PS3 version. I figured that with the story being such a highlight, the comic would have been on the disc.

Now that I know one of us won’t be able to recreate the story with our decisions from the first game, it’s kind of a downer.

Forever_Blake said:

January 18th, 2:25 pm

Bought Mass Effect 2, Little Big Planet 2 Collector’s Edition, and NBA 2K11 as part of Best Buy’s buy two get one free sale. College is just starting up again and there’s so much to play..

NotoriousGamer said:

January 18th, 2:27 pm

12 gb or 24gb install?

jonboi24 said:

January 18th, 2:27 pm

would have been awesome if you could have imported the save data from the pc version of the original mass effect. with the ps3 being an “open” console, i don’t see why this couldn’t have happened.

tbond22 said:

January 18th, 2:30 pm

Why would anyone want to pay $60 to download when you can get it cheaper on disc. It doesn’t make sense.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

January 18th, 2:30 pm

remastered games should be 29.99$…

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

January 18th, 2:31 pm

and why there is no information about the game file size on the PSN

Hradekal said:

January 18th, 2:32 pm

It looks so cool seeing this game on PS3. Never thought it would happen. Thank you!

PAGE 1 2 3