Bloodborne

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 Out Now on Blu-ray and PSN

Evil Chris Priestly's Avatar + Posted by Evil Chris Priestly on Jan 18, 2011 // Community Coordinator, BioWare

The time has finally come and you can now play Mass Effect 2 on your PS3 via Blu-ray Disc or PlayStation Network download. Thanks for being patient and we’re thrilled that you can finally enjoy the full Mass Effect 2 experience.

The Mass Effect team is very proud of the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 has already won multiple awards, including IGN’s Game of the Year and Gametrailer’s Game of the Year as well as Best Sci-Fi Game, Best Blockbuster Game, and Best Story, among many others. And early word on the PS3 version is extremely positive with a 5/5 rating from The Toronto Sun, 5 stars from The Guardian, a 9.5/10 from IGN and Official Playstation Magazine giving it 10 out of 10!

Now, I hear you ask “Won’t I miss out since I didn’t play the first game?” Well, the truth is that Mass Effect 2 is an incredible standalone game whether you have played Mass Effect 1 or not. Yes, there are some story choices from Mass Effect 1 that do give some background and flavor to the story of Mass Effect 2, but the Mass Effect team has worked out a very cool way to ensure you don’t miss either the back story or these story choices.

BioWare and Dark Horse Comics, the same studio that has created the Mass Effect Redemption and Mass Effect Evolution comics, have created an introductory motion comic narrated by Mark Meer, the voice of Commander Shepard, that provides you the story of what happened in the first Mass Effect and enables you to make important choices, like who lives or dies, and creates a starting point for your playthrough of Mass Effect 2. This way, you not only learn the background story from the first game, you also directly get to choose the important story options that carry over into Mass Effect 2.

PS3 users also get a huge heap of extra content (plus an upgraded game engine featuring enhanced graphics, the same technology used for Mass Effect 3 in Holiday 2011). Over the past year of Mass Effect 2’s release, we released downloadable content that enabled players to continue their Mass Effect 2 experience. For the PS3 version, we bundled much of this DLC into the game, so you get the Normandy Crash site, Firewalker, Overlord, Zaeed: The Price of Revenge, Kasumi: Stolen Memory, the Blood Dragon Armor and the award-winning Lair of the Shadow Broker as part of your game right from the start.

So there you have it. Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 is a multi-award winning game, with an interactive, motion comic introduction to keep you current with the story that allows you to make key storyline choices, plus a huge amount of bonus content bundled into one awesome package. This is the game that PS3 fans have been waiting for. Don’t just sit there — head out to your favorite game store and buy a copy on Blu-ray Disc, or go to the PlayStation Network and download your digital copy of Mass Effect 2 today.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ FormerPSfan on January 19th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

You do realize people who really wanted this already got it on Xbot a year ago don’t you?

BTW, $59.99 for a no cost to you digital download? really? Do you really think you can sucker more than 5 or 6 rabid fanboys with this?

+ domang123 on January 19th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

Can someone please answer my question, I am dying to know the answer! :*( please!

Question:
So if I started the game before downloading the DLC and completed 2 missions already, do I need to start from scratch again to play the comic? How about the other DLC stuff?

+ pkb79 on January 19th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

$60 for port of a year mediocre, space soapopera, 3rd person shooter from EA?
Its true what they say ‘A fool and his money are easily parted’.

+ pkb79 on January 19th, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

a year old* that should be

+ mastorofpuppetz on January 19th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

its only published by EA, its made by bioware one of the bst DEVS in the business, if you think its just mediocre, you’re a moron. Maybe play it before being a fool. Its not a year old for a PS3 only gamer.

+ domang123 on January 19th, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

@pkb79, I’m not in to these shooters/role playing hybrids by any means, but ME 2 is def an awesome game and I’m only 2 missions in.

So can anyone answer me q? Do i have to play the game from the beginning again to access the DLC content since I started playing it before i downloaded the DLC?

+ Malkavian23 on January 20th, 2011 at 3:11 am said:

I bought the game from us store,but i’m only playing on my eu account. So can I download dlc for eu store and play them?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on January 20th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

$60 and 24GB for the PSN version? someone has to be crazy to get it instead of the disc based version

+ jdz81 on January 22nd, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

i tryed the demo it looks like a worth while game

+ Lugoves on January 23rd, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

I can’t stop playing this game! Right, I know I’m not playing RIGHT NOW … but I have to finish my coffee first … and I’m still THINKING bout playing. lol

+ Neil on January 23rd, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Been playing ME2 on PS3 this weekend. I woke up early today just to play it some more.

+ PHILLYD_1230 on January 23rd, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

i got mass effect 2 the day it came out and i liked the game alot spent 40hrs plus on it got and played most of the dlc and i like the cerberus armor it was pretty kool.Until i got to Lair of the Shadow Broker and it froze on me and my save apparently got corrupted and all it says now is i have to start a new game.I hope the problem gets fixed soon.

+ TM1619 on January 24th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

I need to get this eventually…

+ sraping101 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

I just tried to download mass effect 2 on PSN. It shows up in the search, but no option to buy it. Anyone know what’s wrong?

+ ken-chan3000 on January 30th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

sigh, i just lost my save file. it was my 2nd playthrough on insanity. it crashed while it was loading. usually it goes back to the last auto save but this time it took my save file. i was a good 30 hours in too. really contemplating taking this game back. sigh.

PAGE 1 2 3