PlayStation VR

Jan 19

Jan 19

Buy Killzone 3, Get Early Access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta

David Bull's Avatar Posted by Brand Manager, SCEA

With only a month to go until Killzone 3 hits store shelves, we have another ace up our sleeves for our loyal PlayStation fans. Picking up a specially marked copy of Killzone 3 will grant you access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta. If you want to experience SOCOM 4’s 32-player multiplayer battles first, buying Killzone 3 is the easiest way to get access.

Killzone 3 with SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

Zipper Interactive’s Chris Roper has the details for you below:

To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions). Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22nd.

We’ll have more information on the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta itself in the near future. For now, take a look at the callout for the beta on the awesome Killzone 3 box art!

Pre-order your copy of Killzone 3 today at one of the following participating retailers to ensure you’ll get into the SOCOM 4 Beta, as well as tons of other great perks.

SOCOM 4 Jungle bridge

Add Your Own

antihero-Mike said:

January 19th, 11:10 am

@49

ding ding ding ding!!

TheForbiddenOne said:

January 19th, 11:16 am

I guess I’ll have to buy KZ3 now.

musicismyradar said:

January 19th, 11:16 am

I might actually buy this game later, because of the added dog tags. I’d rather get a cleaner cover than have 1 more useless logo.
That cover looks like an aborted billboard.

DR-IVO said:

January 19th, 11:16 am

Their needs to be a Killzone 3 bundle with Move and a gun attachment. I have high hopes for move to make a big impact on hardcore gaming and I feel Killzone is the game for it.

Basindo said:

January 19th, 11:22 am

Are you guys serious? Are you REALLY complaining about the cover? That’s as dumb as saying Call of Duty is the best shooter ever because it is the most popular. You would miss out on early access to a beta, a FREE map pack with 2 maps, and bonuses from Amazon, Gamespot, and Best Buy? It’s like Mcdonald’s would say, “If you order our chicken nuggets at 11:00 instead of 12:00, you get a free drink and fries.” Of course I’d freaking do 11:00!

Get a life people god dam. You’re worried about a god dam box which you look at for one minute. If you really care about the game you would play the game, not stare at the box.

spideyal said:

January 19th, 11:37 am

Wow, that wasn’t expected. Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 are pretty much nothing alike. The only thing they have in common are they’re both fantastic and you shoot guns.

No matter though, I’d be SO down to get in on the SOCOM 4 beta. I’ll be buying it no matter what happens, since I loved every Socom game before it, but this is just a plus.

spideyal said:

January 19th, 11:41 am

Oh, and well said Basindo. I could have sworn you spend hundreds of hours playing the game, not looking at the case.

musicismyradar said:

January 19th, 11:45 am

@Basindo
Or it could mean we have no lives, and own a lot of video games, and want to have a presentable collection.
Am I really going to wait to buy this game? No. Am I mad off about all the marketing that’s on the front of the box? Yes, it’s disgusting. If all I cared about was the game, I’d pirate it…but I like owning a game with a nice box and cover.

“If you really care about the game you would play the game, not stare at the box.”
I have 24 platinums (real username is mywhitenoise, but they seem to ban all my comments), and still have time to appreciate the manual or box :)

Gas0linE said:

January 19th, 11:53 am

I’ll stick with Bulletstorm with early acces to Gears of War 3 beta. Thanks sony, but no thanks.

KwietStorm said:

January 19th, 11:55 am

Lol the box is starting to look like a nascar

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 11:55 am

Bulletstorm? LMAo, Gears? ROFL, Xbox is for kids, and has no exclusives left exccept over rated gears with designed for pre-teens.

vcotson said:

January 19th, 11:55 am

Why do i have a feeling, once when I Buy this, plus members are going to have access to the beta also……..

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 11:55 am

PS: Gears of War 2 multiplayer was garbage.

KwietStorm said:

January 19th, 11:56 am

@Gas0line

What is your purpose for even saying that here?

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 11:58 am

Xbox troll upset as 360 only has gears the entire year while PS3 has 20 + exclusives. Xbox = Over priced DVD player.

ExPresident said:

January 19th, 11:59 am

Well I guess this answers my question of whether I’m pre-ordering KZ3 or not lol. Nice hook there Sony.

Joe-TFW said:

January 19th, 12:03 pm

This is exactly the kind of stuff I love to see. Makes buying on release day really worth it.

Gas0linE said:

January 19th, 12:08 pm

I love it when my comments gets to a fanboy, you’ll notice multiple pointless comments.

PS. I have both consoles, I could care less.

TheForbiddenOne said:

January 19th, 12:09 pm

They have nothing better to complain about. Lol @ too many logos.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 12:11 pm

@ Gas0line. The pointlessness started with your own comments, no one cares about bulletstorm, especially on a blog post about a much better shooter in KZ3. What was the point? Go play your kids box and dont post about inferior games.

Phair said:

January 19th, 12:13 pm

Will this offer be available at AAFES?

KazeEternal said:

January 19th, 12:14 pm

Please tell me the socom label is an easy to peel off sticker or a sticker on the plastic wrap. It annoys me to no end to see advertisements on the pretty cover/box art. Given this is Killzone 3 a game that is sacred to me….. ya I’m not cool with this. Very happy for having the Socom 4 beta though, but not happy about that print on my collectors edition box.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 12:16 pm

Who cares about the darn Cover, LMAO. Geez, complain much?

Gas0linE said:

January 19th, 12:19 pm

KazeEternal, I aggree it does look tacky. Maybe they should spend more time on improving the PSN (Party chat) instead of wasting time putting shotty logos on boxes that dont go together.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 12:20 pm

Yeah, because the guys who design covers are the same dudes that would work on PSn party chat…………………….. And, PSn chat has a lot to do with his blog post. more pointlessness from Gasoline. Not everyone cares about party chat, its for losers who only associate with other humans on a game machine.

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 19th, 12:21 pm

no way paying 50 a year for party chat is worth it, PSN is free and offers everything the paid service does, except party chat which is not even needed.

TheGuardianFID said:

January 19th, 12:28 pm

Awesome, I have the Helghast Edition pre-ordered, this is a great bonus, thank you!!! 8)

Shacojin said:

January 19th, 12:38 pm

Awesome!!

Airwalkinman17 said:

January 19th, 12:41 pm

Thanks!
Pre-ordered KZ3 already and this is just icing on the cake!
Good job sony! this is a great way of getting all of your AAA titles some more exposure they wouldn’t get otherwise. I love SONY games.
Highest quality out there. bar none.

PS: rumor is SOCOM 4 shipping in April! If it is than great news!
Day one.

AngelMayLaugh said:

January 19th, 1:04 pm

Please tell me that’s removable. 8(

dokoganryu said:

January 19th, 1:14 pm

Why is it that PS Plus members in Europe get beta access to the SOCOM 4 beta for free, while PS Plus members in the US get nothing and in fact have to purchase a full game, Killzone 3, to get access to it? I thought having access to PlayStation Plus guaranteed you access to exclusive betas like this – if so, how come EU members are getting far more than we’re getting here in the US? They even have a sale, while we have nothing going at all!

Dice_for_Death_ said:

January 19th, 1:18 pm

Just counting down the days until I can go and claim my preorder for the Helghast Edition… Won’t be long now.

katsuo7171 said:

January 19th, 1:21 pm

I pre-ordered Killzone 3 yesterday when I went to go pick up my copy of LBP2 from Gamestop, but I didn’t recieve a code. Is the code going to be in the box when I get it when it releases, or should I go back to gamestop to get my Socom 4 beta code?

Thanks
-Katsuo

David Bull's Avatar

David Bull said:

January 19th, 5:25 pm

The code will be in the box.

Berae said:

January 19th, 1:24 pm

Whoa! Cool, Thanks!

Can’t wait to try both games!

Tredogg14TK said:

January 19th, 1:26 pm

David,

Any word on when we will be able to purchase the Sharpshooter Attachment for KZ3? I checked on Amazon and it wasn’t there.

aljubori said:

January 19th, 1:30 pm

Are we going to get that beta for the playstation plus or not ???

Surfaced said:

January 19th, 1:31 pm

Preorder canceled.

I’ll wait to see if those dogtags are just a sticker – the way it should be. Otherwise I’m waiting for an unmarked copy. That cover art is cluttered enough already.

John-Shooter said:

January 19th, 1:36 pm

dont think it’ll be a day 1 pickup but im definitely gettin kz3 full retail

prob the only real q1 release aside from dead space 2 thats worth the 60 dollar price point

John-Shooter said:

January 19th, 1:38 pm

i could care less about socom 4.. after what i seen footage wise im happy w/ confrontation now that the game is running stable

zipper totally let me down

rebeljd said:

January 19th, 1:45 pm

Awesome cross-promotion with KillZone 3 and Socom 4 beta. It really is. It reminds me when I purchased CrackDown and it came with the Halo 3 beta.

I have to add that it was great cross-promotion with LittleBigPlanet 2 as well! It was the first time I’ve ever seen a PS3 Blu-ray game take some advantage over it’s disc-capacity and added Blu-ray features. There’s an “Extras” section of LittleBigPlanet 2 that shows up right under the “Game” icon on the XMB. Very cool! It promoted GT5, ModNation Racers, LBP2 tutorials, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, & Playstation Move Heroes. Seriously, I really dig that. Even a demo for the Prehistoric SackBoy game!

This type of cross-promotion reminds me when I first purchased the original Playstation! All the cool demos discs!

Keep up the cross-promotions Sony/Playstation!

TreasureReserved said:

January 19th, 1:49 pm

That bright blue Playstation Move logo is an eyesore.

Basindo said:

January 19th, 1:59 pm

You guys are still complaining about the logos…….

How about complaining about real things? Like how they should freaking take out infiltrator cus that garbage ruins the game, or NOT reduce the players to 24 from 32, or NOT give overpowered proximity mines to everyone, or NOT making brutal melee the range of the commando perk in Modern Warfare 2.

I can go on and on, but after playing the beta, this game is much much more different from how awesome killzone 2 was multiplayer and most of it is all in a negative way.

The only positive I see from Kz2 multiplayer to Kz3 multiplayer as far as the beta goes is the weapon lag sway is reduced a lot which is a great thing and of course graphics are a bit better but they changed too much stuff like I said above.

I’m pretty much getting this game to play singleplayer and have another shooter with the move. I’d rather play Modern Combat: Domination instead of this multiplayer unless they changed A LOT and I mean A LOT of things

bosaad205 said:

January 19th, 2:19 pm

لعبه جدآ رائع في الجزء الثاني و الثالث لم اراه بعد وتحياتي

mcbuttz78 said:

January 19th, 2:20 pm

I se dog tags with socom 4on it.. will gamers be getting that with these boxes?? Can u confirm or deny mr bull

mishbudd said:

January 19th, 2:22 pm

3D supported?

mishbudd said:

January 19th, 2:23 pm

duh im slow

footballrule said:

January 19th, 2:59 pm

Aw man, SOCOM 4 Beta!!! Killzone 3 will be amazing, and SOCOM 4 Beta testing will be great!

MadMeat001 said:

January 19th, 3:13 pm

I agree with number 1, Cover are pretty screwed up with all thoses logo over there :/

boobinz said:

January 19th, 3:19 pm

O….M…G…….WOOOOOT

NotoriousGamer said:

January 19th, 3:23 pm

is the beta coming to plus members when it comes to kz3 l8r or b4?