PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jan 19

Jan 19

PSP System Software Update (v6.37)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

Hi, everyone. A new PSP system software update, v6.37, will be released soon. This is a minor update that improves system software stability during use of some features.

Add Your Own

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 4:51 am

@55, your a clown, the PS3 wasn’t jailbreaked for 4 years because it was secure, had ZERO to do with linux, you do some research, people have been trying to hack PS3 since launch and FAILED, linux had zero to do with this, the same guy that did this jailbreak also tried numerous times over the years. 4 years not being hacked is an amazing accomplishment by itself. You’re clueless. Hackers will always try to hack, putting linux ona device wont change that, you have zero clue about the hacking community.

PlayerUMD said:

January 20th, 5:09 am

I wonder why this update is needed.. I was being sarcastic.

Please Sony, add new useful features for the PS3 on its next firmware update. Please!

PlayerUMD said:

January 20th, 5:11 am

I forgot to say, the only thing Sony can do to keep piracy away from PS3/PSP is ban the non-legit users.

That’s what Microsoft does on Xbox 360, they ban people who pirate their consoles, Sony should do this too!

Enforcer_X said:

January 20th, 5:14 am

The Hackers Win!
The PAYING customers LOSE!

PlayerUMD said:

January 20th, 5:16 am

Enforcer_X not really, the legit users have a real copy of the game while the pirates only a digital copy, not even the real thing.

Pirates fail.

ivanramon said:

January 20th, 5:44 am

This update is to get the ols PSP’s ready for the new PSP Phone & the PSP2!!! No, I’m just kidding, that has nothing to do with it…

ivanramon said:

January 20th, 5:44 am

*Old PSP’s

StarENiX said:

January 20th, 6:20 am

@100 mastorofpuppetz
You have got to be kidding me. You say you did your research but obvious haven’t. The person everybody knows and hates, Geohot, tried to crack the console long ago but he wasn’t the one that finally did it. A group named team fail0verflow were the ones to do the deed. They are a team made up of pro hackers that liked the option to run Linux on PS3. When it was removed, they decided to find a way to get it back. The PS3 was hacked to gain the ability to run Linux on it, the sad part is piracy is a side effect to their accomplishment.

rebeljd said:

January 20th, 6:45 am

Qriocity ready for download and install would be awesome.

TuxBobble said:

January 20th, 6:54 am

How about adding better bluetooth support to PSP Go? It’s pretty much useless and was, believe it or not, a selling point for the system…

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 7:00 am

@108, you are qrong, there are hundreds of people from day one hacking the PS3, linux had zero to do with it. People will always hack, the hacking community has always been about bragging rights, making a name for themselves. The ps3 would have been hacked linux or not, thats irrrelevant. Hackers will hack regardless, to build their cred, bragging rights. its a challenge to many of them. Your on crack if you think its only the removal of linux that caused hacking, that does not explain why hundreds of people every day since launch have tried to hack the Ps3, and any device.

monterja said:

January 20th, 7:32 am

UNCHARTED PSP would be a great way to bring life back to the system. Maybe, Drake as a child treasure hunting??

StarENiX said:

January 20th, 7:33 am

@112 mastorofpuppetz
You are right that people have tried to hack it since launch but you aren’t getting one of my main points. The only people trying to hack the console before were people that do homebrew as a hobby and pirates. Obviously a homebrew hobbyist doesn’t have much time to hack a device and pirates only goal is to run copies of games, not all pirates are able to hack a system. It was when otherOS was removed that big time hackers that use Linux most of the time decided to take a crack at it. Yes people hack stuff for bragging rights but then why would fail0verflow claim they hacked the system in 3-4 months? If I wanted bragging rights, I would say that it took years and we were the ones to finally do it. It could of been hacked whether it had Linux or not but the fact that it was hacked after removal of otherOS means something.

I like to think of the main hackers and homebrewers as one group and pirates and people that backup games as another group. Make sure you are directing your anger at the right community.

TfT_02 said:

January 20th, 7:35 am

Oh woah! So you guys haven’t forget about the psp? :O AWESOME /sarcasm……

PSP=dead, I’m sorry Sony but it’s just stupid to release a software update which basically does nothing.

StarENiX said:

January 20th, 7:37 am

Here’s an interesting read I got this morning. http:// bit. ly/h3GngQ

butcherknife said:

January 20th, 8:13 am

I just noticed that the Qriocity website now lists Music Unlimited as “Get now”…not “Coming Soon” Will there be an announcement about this. Anyone tried it on their PSP or PS3?

Nismoleb89 said:

January 20th, 8:17 am

ok. Sony its been 5 years. 5 YEARS SONY! when will we see cross-game-chat? when will we see hackers and spammers get banned from PSN? when will we see faster Playstation store (yes it is slow). when will we see new facia for main menu on the ps3? XMB got old and really boring, its simple, but really really REALLY BORING! i just woke up and i cant think of what else gamers had in mind for the future of Playstation!

Superstrokey1123 said:

January 20th, 8:29 am

PS3 soon too please, lets get rid of them cheaters and hackers!

Lordd_G said:

January 20th, 8:48 am

Hopefully this fixes the random “do you want to quit game” pop up issue I have on my PSP-3000 with Castlevania X Chroncles…

DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE??

SkyNet003 said:

January 20th, 9:01 am

I like pozole.

ElektroDragon said:

January 20th, 9:29 am

Hopefully it will fix my crashing issue with Ricochet HD.

wal31_cr said:

January 20th, 9:31 am

so the improvement of system software stability during use of some features is kernel patching???
hahaha nice try sony only a stupid will belive that…

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 9:45 am

@117, I agree, PSn is way behind, BUT, store has never been slow for menor has lag/download speed been issue, i have the other box and its just as fast. Stop blaming network issues on your end, on PSN. Agreed on everything else though, Sony makes great hardware, terrible at software for their systems (Not counting games).

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 20th, 9:48 am

@113, hacking Ps3 had zero do do with linux as it was happeneing years before linux got remove, nothing you say changes that.. The fact it finally got successfully hacked after linux got removed is just coincidence, it would have happened regardless. As for anger? not angry at all, so not sure what your even talking about. Fact is, linux had zero to do with Ps3 being hacked, if linux was never on PS3 or stayed it still would be getting hacked daily.

John-Shooter said:

January 20th, 10:12 am

i hope all these d-bag cfw supporters burn

John-Shooter said:

January 20th, 10:13 am

ppl wonder why sony is behind on feature updates too.. its because of this crap

SinisterDragon said:

January 20th, 10:39 am

@124
Quote from fail0verflow
“There is absolutely no doubt in our mind that the PS3 lasted as much as it did due to OtherOS. The security really is terribly broken,”

With the removal of OtherOS it took the ps3 a couple of months to be hacked. I dont remember the actual number I beleive 4. Which is roughly the same amount as the Wii and Xbox 360.

Yes people were trying to hack the ps3 before than blah blah blah
But, it didn’t catch the attention of professionals teams till OtherOS was released. It is NOT coincidence that it got hacked after OtherOS was removed.

chester_613 said:

January 20th, 11:16 am

Does this update fix the Flash Player 10 issue. One day soon we would like to use this machine the way you said it could be used.

gt90v12 said:

January 20th, 11:17 am

I guess I can safely assume with the reveal of the PSP2 coming soon, I’ll never see support for WPA2 on my PSP. Just recently I’ve found that the power switch and design is a huge flaw, not only have I accidently shut-off the unit while playing it, I should be able to shut it off via the XMB. As the unit won’t always shut-off when I need it to, and will opt to go into power save mode. I’m hoping the PSP2 will be the real deal when and if it ever gets released.

venomblade89 said:

January 20th, 11:19 am

cfw ftw

GabeP said:

January 20th, 12:20 pm

I’m thinking this may be for Angry Birds? It’s a bit laggy at times and I’ve also experienced lock up when I try to exit the game. If that’s what the update is for why don’t they just say? Anyways, thanks for keeping things running smooth Sony peoples.

asfunasastick said:

January 20th, 2:49 pm

Why don’t you get a PSP update to include trophies?

StarENiX said:

January 20th, 3:13 pm

@132 asfunasastick
That would be a great idea! Especially with the rewards program they plan in launching later this year.

fuzzyclutter said:

January 20th, 4:19 pm

@116 that’s because Qriocity is already available for several devices but only in specific regions . it would be nice if they said something about it ….. but anyway this entire other os thing ???? they didnt have to hack a ps3 to get it to have linux … keeping linux is just a matter of not updating . sure you cant play on the psn , but that was the end result of their little hack anyway … epic fail on their part for enabling a feature with the same end result . but anyway im just looking forward to this MIA music service i’ve been reading about . it seems it’s on the verge of release here , but not quite .

sanez said:

January 20th, 4:57 pm

Can we please get netflix support for psp!

weeman911 said:

January 20th, 5:38 pm

Signed Homebrew for everyone LOL

kingRidiculous said:

January 20th, 6:37 pm

Please fix the Shoutcast PSP Internet Radio! After games, it was my favorite feature of the PSP.

leoncito80 said:

January 21st, 12:47 am

When is Qriocity Out?

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 21st, 5:13 am

zoinks

Peace4jak3 said:

January 21st, 6:39 am

Psp not gonna get good features anymore (sighs) <.< I guess I have to wait for the Psp2 for that.

LordXaiver said:

January 21st, 8:05 am

Really? I just downloaded the 6.35 like yesterday, oh well at least it’s not a huge improvement.

a10081 said:

January 21st, 8:53 pm

Wow really Sony is this what you are going to do about all of this nonsense that’s in the air .A simple update that will do what get free music , probably some crappy music witch needs to buffer for a few hours.Well about this update, are you even sure anyone will up date because most of your updates just make little sneak peeks at what not going to happen.So its most likely that no one is going to update because people have ways to go above and beyond with their psps witch you wouldn’t have a clue unless someone in Sony does break the warranty or something.And instead of trying to fix i don’t know k.e.r.n.e.l access or hacked psps you’ll need to do way more than just make an update.That’s what i think

evgenyking said:

January 22nd, 4:29 am

dear Playstation add to the playstation store in the PSP a video store

TripG said:

January 22nd, 3:45 pm

Do people still even use their PSP’s anymore these days? LOL
It’s time to move on to something else. And for me, I’m not sure it’s going to be staying with the PSP brand. Just not excited anymore nor do I have faith in Sony delivering on anything that the consumer wants.

djcioc said:

January 23rd, 12:52 am

When you will enable youtube on psp 3000 ?

Sent_From_DR said:

January 23rd, 7:36 pm

FYI SONY EXECUTIVE….SONY ONLINE GAMING IS IN THE CRAPPER. GLITCHERS ARE EVERYWHERE. WHEN IS SOMETHING GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT IT?

I PLAY SOCOM CONFRONTATION AND IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS IT HAS GOTTEN COMPLETELY OUT OF HAND.

INFINITE HEALTH, 1500 BULLETS PER CLIP, JUMPING AROUND LIKE YOU HAVE A JET PACK.

IS THIS THE NEW STANDARD FOR SONY?

deztro25 said:

January 24th, 2:58 pm

para k sirve si d todos modos lo hackean …….

SONICSPEED34 said:

January 27th, 1:07 pm

The psp is a great system but lacks some well needed features like trophies. I mean come on on the back of Little Big Planet Psp box it says Trophies and playstation Home and i have no seen them. The psp can have at least more than half of the features the ps3 has. and wen is psp going 2 have in game chat and the abilty to add friends like the ps3??? So in the next update i want 2 see Trophies, a Playstation Home lite(because psp cant take 2 much grapichs), in game chat(voice, text or video), and friends

alfr3d131977 said:

January 27th, 4:03 pm

yeee

biglarry718 said:

January 29th, 7:43 pm

YAY A NEW PSP IS COMING OUT !!!! THANKS SONY !!