Star Wars Battlefront

Jan 20

Dead Space: Extraction is Deadlier With PlayStation Move

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jan 20, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Hiding in the deepest corner of the galaxy — and in the vast recesses of your Dead Space 2: Limited Edition Blu-ray next Tuesday — you can find Dead Space 2’s maniacal cousin Dead Space: Extraction. Decked out in luscious HD graphics, this PS3-exclusive edition of Dead Space: Extraction harnesses the precision of PlayStation Move to make lopping off Necromorph limbs easier than ever. In our new video, Dead Space producer Zach Mumbach explains why PlayStation Move is the ultimate weapon in Extraction.

Extraction takes place before we meet Issac Clarke aboard the Ishimura in Dead Space, and chronicles the discovery of the mysterious Marker, an arcane artifact that holds the key to the Necromorph infestation in the first game. Once the Necromorphs squirm onto the scene in Extraction, your investigation on Aegis VII is cut short and the fight for survival begins.

Dead Space Extraction for PS3 and PlayStation MoveDead Space Extraction for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Dead Space: Extraction comes packed on a single Blu-ray with Dead Space 2: Limited Edition on January 25th.

PAGE 1 2

+ John-Shooter on January 20th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

i’d rather have this than ignition .. that game was a waste of money.. idk if i’ll be buyin dead space 2 on day 1 yet though

+ SuperCoOper777 on January 20th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

actually I saw a vid where steve papoutsis said all trophies were in single player.

+ corian77 on January 20th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

I bought the collector’s edition because it said the Extraction game was a download code. Is the game only on disc when packaged with the full Dead Space game. I want to downoad it – not have another disc game…

+ fsavoie on January 20th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

“It doesn’t use the Nav. So it would be a better contender for the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment” Will it work well to reach all the buttons?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on January 20th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

I see your point. It can get a little tricky to reach over, but it works great on Time Crisis.

+ SuperCoOper777 on January 20th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

also. my mom loves dead space.

+ abzdine on January 20th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

wow, thanks Sony!!
Do you have more Wii remakes coming ? Move is really just an accessory for the moment, and that’s quite sad cause the capabilities of it are huuuuge!

+ plaztiksyke on January 20th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

What’s the deal with the low-res screenshots? It looks like the game has lots of low-res textures and a crazy amount of aliasing artifacts all over the screen… not “HD” in my book :(

Hopefully they at least upgraded from the Wii version’s awful audio.

Is there some place we can see native resolution screenshots that better convey what this actually looks like on PS3?

+ ArmorForVictor on January 20th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

two questions here first is extraction included on all regular non-ce PS3 versions of Dead Space 2 as in do i have to buy it from a certain retailer to get extraction on-disc or are do all PS3 DS2 discs have it? (i have mine pre-ordered from amazon i want to make sure i’m getting extraction on-disc as well) second can you play extraction without the MOVE? i knew i read that somewhere

+ Elvick_ on January 20th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

@7: Why? You are either buying used in the first place, in which case giving no money to EA anyway, so they don’t care if you don’t buy their game used. Since you weren’t giving them money anyway they are losing nothing. Or you buy new, which if you do then it won’t affect you at all.

+ VectorRaven on January 20th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

+ Dragun619 on January 20th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Hm can we get some comparison shots with the Wii version like how you had comparison shots for The Sly collection/ God Of War Collection?

Other than that. Dead Space 2 Collector Edition for Me! Can’t wait.

+ yazter on January 20th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Gutierrez, just a few things to add:

1) Steve himself said that there would be “no trophies related to multiplayer,” so no “MP trophies.” He said that in a Q and A video on Facebook

2) As for Extraction, you might want to point out that it includes a platinum trophy. Again, Steve himself confirmed it to me here. Since I can’t post link, add this to twitter(dot)com in the address bar: leveluptime/status/17302346916700160

Again, you might wanna double check anyhow.

+ KingLazy93 on January 20th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Do the Dead Space extraction trophies integrate when you put the disc or you have to select the game to add the trophies?

+ HJayZ91 on January 20th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

Rey, stop avoiding this question, is Extraction on regular $60 edition or collectior’s edition only? At E3, they said it’ll be in regular, but right now, retailers are listing Extraction as collector’s edition only, stop going around it, just answer!!!

+ i_am_monkespit on January 20th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

the amazon description is pretty clear that the DS2 game itself supports move, but obviously there must be a mistake since it’s not confirmed by anyone nor is there any such info on any other site on the net (that I have found). this is the quote from the ps3 collectors edition “Dead Space 2 game for PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Move compatible).”
Would lead one to believe it’s compatible but that’s all that is making me hold off from buying xbox version of game. the game comes out in a matter of days, why can’t anyone provide any solid confirm/deny on this? wouldn’t that be a huge feature to hang over the xbox’s head? stop being coy sony.

+ Rinaldus91 on January 20th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

Limited Edition is the regular edition coming out the PS3 right? I have the $60 game per-ordered, will I still get Dead Space: Extraction?

Or is Extraction only in the $80 Collector’s?

+ SmooshyKing on January 20th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

By saying “it’s pretty effortless” you didn’t really answer my question.

I’m just really curious about shooting games for the Move (I own the Move but have yet to try a shooting game).

Can you just aim your gun at things and shoot? Or do you have to physically move the gun all over like a mouse cursor.

I tried that BeatSketcher and was a little put-off by how you had to actually move your arm up into the top corner of the screen in order to draw there…when the intuitive motion is to simply point up there.

Are shooting games the same? Requiring you to move the gun up to the top corner in order to shoot things up there?

+ lavawava on January 20th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

WAIT!!!! SO all the online retailers only show extraction attached to the Collector’s Edition. Is Extraction included in the normal $60 version of the game???

+ corian77 on January 20th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Rey – There are a lot of people asking for answers to questions that Visceral has never been very clear about. Please tell us which versions include Extraction and which versions have Extraction as a download or seperate disc. We want to buy these Sony products – help us find out which to buy…

+ BigPoppaB on January 20th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

Simply can’t afford the time for this game until March. Too busy with ACB, LBP2… then KZ3.

I’ll definitely check this out though, loved the first.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 20th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

@57 I have Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition and have played the demo for Time Crisis. No, you do not have to physically move the Move(no pun intended) when aiming, just point/tilt it in the direction you want to aim (you can keep your hand in the same spot).

+ MikeWatt on January 20th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

I’m also very confused as to which versions will carry the full version of Extraction. I want to pre-order it from Amazon, but the site says nothing about Extraction and I’m hearing conflicting info everywhere. Someone official, help!

+ clupula668 on January 20th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

Why is it so hard for people to understand? ALL of the first run copies of Dead Space 2 will be the Limited Edition. However, after awhile, they will no longer release the Limited, and just put out the Standard. The standard will not include Extraction. Nobody noticed the use of the words “Limited Edition,” not “Collector’s Edition?”

Think to “Dante’s Inferno.” All of the PS3 copies were the “Limited Edition.” You people, man, you just need something to complain about 24/7.

+ Archaen on January 20th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

It’s also like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, another EA title. All pre-order and launch day copies of the game were the limited edition and they included the VIP code for free map updates.

+ Manicania on January 20th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

It’s gonna have trophies, right?

+ Chaos200786 on January 20th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

Already bought and PAID for my CE of Dead Space 2. This game is worth it and then some for me, easily the best survival horror shooter for me now.

+ aWsHoRtY on January 20th, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

Way stoked for Dead Space 2 and Dead Space extraction. Loved the first game. Keep it up!

+ Cloud4K on January 20th, 2011 at 9:10 pm said:

Will Extraction be available to be played from the moment you put the (Limited Edition) disc into your ps3 or will it need to be unlocked?

+ Techni on January 20th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

I hope it supports the shooting attachment(PiStol3)+navigational subcontroller.

Reaching for the move button is hard when using the PiStol3

+ Techni on January 20th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

“but it works great on Time Crisis.”

I’ve been complaining to Namco cause of that! The previous Time Crisis games let you use a second controller, they were stupid to remove it for 2/3 of the modes!

+ Logan22 on January 20th, 2011 at 10:39 pm said:

This may sound like a dumb question, but will the Collector’s Edition from Gamestop also come with the game, because on the site it doesn’t list Extraction as one of the bonuses, yet they have a separate listing for the normal limited edition which does list it. I would just be kind of pissed off if I spend $80 & did not get this game.

+ yarber88 on January 21st, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

Oh yeah, I’m gonna be broke next month! 80 bucks for Dead Space 2, and 150 bucks for the Logitech Z623 speaker set. LOL

+ Silen7in on January 21st, 2011 at 5:53 am said:

You said there is no online co-op which is a colossal shame (I thought it would be included, especially as the Wii has a weak online presence and the PS3 the opposite I thought you would make the most of it) can we see an online co-op patch come into play in the future? Maybe with a leader-board also but I really just want online co-op :)

+ tha_con on January 21st, 2011 at 5:58 am said:

I know I’m getting to this update a little late, but I’m curious to know if you guy’s have incorporated the globe of the PS Move controller in any way for feed back purposes? I noticed that both were glowing green, and I am curious to know if the color will differ depending on your health or any other conditions, i.e. RE5 when the controller is red, but turns blue when you’ve successfully completed a QTE with the controller.

+ Sharkonnen on January 21st, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Heard Extraction was going to be DLC also, but I much prefer the disc based game :D my ps3 is JAM PACKED of goodies, I’d hate to uninstall the games I have D:

+ Crypteria on January 23rd, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Super stoked!

+ FlawedHero on January 23rd, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

Ah, two games on one disc. Gotta love BluRay.

+ AmethystVenom on January 30th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

I just finished DS2. I REALLY want to play extraction but I’m waiting for the sharp shooter gun that comes out the day KZ3 comes out. It’s killing me not to fire it up now! :-D

+ poweredbyzen on January 20th, 2011 at 6:04 am said:

+ yazter on January 20th, 2011 at 6:06 am said:

Not first! :D

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on January 20th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Not third.

+ SirTrigalot on January 20th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

Looking forward to this. I love 2 games for the price of one

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on January 20th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

I know! It’s an ingenious idea!

+ roemerbakker on January 20th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

+ AguilarX on January 20th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

so….thats the only way to get the game? no psn download? im getting dead space 2 anyway. can’t wait….to go broke. ME2 and this in one month! thanks subway for the free lbp2

+ BuBBeRX on January 20th, 2011 at 6:08 am said:

Just on disc? What about PSN?

+ that-acmilan-guy on January 20th, 2011 at 6:11 am said:

i will think twice about buying EA games with their online pass.

+ MonkeyGibber on January 20th, 2011 at 6:20 am said:

Somebody needs to sell a plasma cutter periperal !! hmmm…gotta go. :)

+ MonkeyGibber on January 20th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

jeez… that would be peripheral.

+ VofEscaflowne on January 20th, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

Limited edition as in the first print of the game and not the collector’s edition, right?

And can we expect Move support for Dead Space 2 itself in a patch update or will that remain analog controls only?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on January 20th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

No word on Dead Space 2 Move support, even though THAT would be pretty sweet.

+ AEREC on January 20th, 2011 at 6:26 am said:

What about a PSN release? I remember a blog post syaing Exrtaction will launch on the PSN on reelase day too…is that still the case?

+ Berae on January 20th, 2011 at 6:29 am said:

Nice to see some more infos about it.

Will it have online coop? or only on the same ps3? because that would be awesome to have both. Thank you

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on January 20th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Great question. Looks like it’s only couch co-op.

PAGE 1 2