Minecraft PS4

Kick Off the New Year with PlayStation Network’s ‘11 for 2011’ PS3 Game Sale

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jan 24, 2011 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Start the new year off right and accomplish your resolution to pay less to play more with PSN’s ‘11 for 2011’ PS3 game sale. Starting tomorrow in the PlayStation Store, you’ll find 50% off of 11 critically-acclaimed PS3 games, including MotorStorm 3D Rift, Soldner-X-2: Final Prototype and Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

PlayStation Store Sale - 11 for 2011

For a limited time, experience all the action you can handle, from remade classics to 3D racers and shooters, all at half the price: become a master of ball-bouncing madness through 55 levels of non-stop action in Peggle for $4.99; ransack through a medieval kingdom as a dragon in search of gold in Hoard for $7.49; or control an entire army as you wield devastating magical abilities to demolish enemy castles in Swords and Soldiers for only $4.99.

The ‘11 for 2011’ features some of the top-rated PSN games, all discounted 50%, so you have no excuse not to pick them up. All PlayStation Network users in the U.S., Canada and Mexico should act quickly because the ‘11for 2011’ PS3 game sale offer is valid through Monday, January 31. For the full list of games and their discounted prices for this limited-time offer, check out the list below:

PS3

• Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
  • Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
  • Hoard – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
  • Soldner-X2: Final Prototype – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price
  • MotorStorm 3D Rift – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Swords and Soliders – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Tumble – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Comet Crash – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
  • Shatter – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price

+ mconwell on January 24th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

I hate you guys. I just purchased Tumble and Shatter in the last 2 weeks for full price.

+ DZORMAGEN on January 24th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

SOLD! Costume Quest, and Deathspank Thongs of Virtue will be mine! I am so happy I waited! The funny thing is I will buy these but will be playing a lot of LBP 2! Great SALE, and selection of games. Well for me at least!

+ kamikaze_joe91 on January 24th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Wells this sucks for me seeing as I just got tumble last week ****!!!

+ Psygnosis on January 24th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

Awesome sale! I’m going to pick up a few.

+ Rockefellow on January 24th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

So will I be screwed as a PS+ user when I buy three or four of these, and they end up being free in a few months?

+ spideyal on January 24th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

If you guys fix the PSN and allow me to buy games again, I might be able to buy some of these tomorrow. But I’m not so sure how that’s going to work out seeing as I haven’t been able to buy anything off the PS Store since I bought the Digitial version of Mass Effect 2 almost a week ago.

And yes, I’ve contacted my bank/Visa company and they told me my Visa should be working. The only good thing that came out of this is they updated my Home Phone number.

+ rjejr on January 24th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Will have to investigate Hoard and Tumble.

Has Hoard had a demo yet? Seems silly putting a game on sale for half price when you haven’t even tried to entice people to buy it with a demo. We loved Age of Booty and I heard this is similar but with a dragon. Also read bad stuff so we’ll see.

Does anybody know if Tumble gets more enjoyable? After a few tries the demo reminded me of Boom Blox 1 & 2 but with all the fun removed. Too much “Stacking”, not enough “Tumbling”. Maybe if it was called “Stack” I wouldn’t have expected tumbling. research, research

+ PatriotEyez27 on January 24th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

Tumble shall be mine!

+ kamikaze_joe91 on January 24th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

@56 Tumble is a good game alot of levels

+ Wolf26pack on January 24th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Shoot nothing I’m interested in, I guess I’m still going to wait it out for the 50% of sale on Castle Crashers & Scott Pilgrim. I was hoping that they would be in this sale, since they were on sale on XBLA a couple weeks ago but, it looks like it’s going to be awhile before we see those titles on sale. Also I know Scott Pilgrim is currently 50% off for Playstation + members but there just isn’t enough incentive for me to become a member.

The Wait Continues… :-(

+ tasihuzako on January 24th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

i think i’m gonna get swords and soldiers (supposedly a highly rated rts), deathspank, and costume quest xD

+ AkronAaron on January 24th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Thanks for the sale… VERY frustrating since I just purchased Costume Quest on Saturday. Is it possible in the future to hear about sales a week or so ahead of time?

…I’ll still pick up some other of these great deals though.

+ boxmyth on January 24th, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

Of course, one week after I buy 3D Rift…
Totally worth it, though.

+ tylerh1701 on January 24th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

OMG Playstation I love you: 6 games on my most wanted list, including costume quest at #1!!!! Others being Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Shatter, Space Invaders and Comet Crash!

+ The-One-Syn on January 24th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll be picking up Space Invaders, Comet Crash, and maybe Tumble.

+ Permafry_42 on January 24th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

D*MN! i litrally JUST bought costume quest the other day. thanks sony for giving us only a 1 day warning about such a great sale…

+ fixer1989 on January 24th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

I will probably pick up Shatter. Wanted to before, but it was kinda expensive at release. Another game I wish I was half-price is Top Gun!!

+ silverelk on January 24th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

Will these sales be reflected on sites such as Amazon?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on January 24th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

If the Game is currently available on Amazon, the sale offer will also be made available…

+ Tank_Baked on January 24th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

@67

Top Gun was half priced a week or two ago .

+ favian on January 24th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

Will be graphing four games! Wish there were was some psp games too

+ mixedkidbx on January 24th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Woot!!!!

Deathspank ToV (bought the first Deathspank when it was on sale)

Might get costume quest, but would have preferred Castle Crashers

+ Enigma777 on January 24th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

Nice! Time to pick up Costume Quest… and maybe Hoard. I really wish there was a demo for that one.

+ LilWayneSuckz on January 24th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

OMG thank you. I’ve been meaning to buy “Costume Quest” and “Deathspank Thongs of Virtue”

+ Midgetguy on January 24th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

I have all the games I want from this list! But, it’s really an awesome sale for those of you who want these games!

I’m saving my PSN money for Journey when it comes out! =)

(I have a bit of a wait… but it will be worth it!)

+ Budapesti on January 24th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

Costume Quest and Peggle, sold!

+ Mobstylez on January 24th, 2011 at 3:13 pm said:

In for Tumble.

+ Kakujo88 on January 24th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

I just bought Costume Quest not 4 days ago. LAME. XD

+ Snakebyte42 on January 24th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

Not going to buy stuff I don’t want when you refuse to provide games people have been asking for for years…

+ KellyJaye on January 24th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

Yay! Space Invaders!! Put off getting that game long enough!

+ death_vader301 on January 24th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

me get Space Invaders Infinity Gene and Costume Quest , me want Hoard demo so me get Hoard , me really want castle crasher or pac man dx please . please ps+ promo please .

+ angelspawn77 on January 24th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Sweet sale! I might pickup 1 or 2 of these games, a question though, will the Costume Quest DLC be on sale too? I already have the game, but not the DLC, id definitely get it if its on sale.

+ Pulseman on January 24th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

Hi Ro,

Does Konami plan to have a sale like they did on the European PSN? I have been looking forward to buying Rocket Knight for half price but I don’t see that game in the list. :(

+ EggySong85 on January 24th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

If anyone has Move, Swords & Soldiers is a pretty good one.

I’m interested in Hoard, but it still doesn’t quite fit into my budget even at 50% off. I hope PSN will someday be as competitive as Steam is with its sales.

+ DaveTheSnake on January 24th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

We need a PSP game sale!

+ madhi19 on January 24th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Damn! No Dead Nation deal or price drop!

+ V0L1M1N4L on January 24th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

Awesome. I want to pick up Hoard and Space Invaders. Thank you Ro.

+ gettinmoney662 on January 24th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

Okay, first off, let me just say that this sale is awesome and I’m likely going to be spending a lot of money tomorrow.

I have a suggestion for you guys though. Every now and then (maybe twice a year?), you guys should have a sale like this but have it exclusive to PSN+ members. That would go a long way in proving its worth to people who have yet to subscribe and you’d probably get a ton of 3-month subscribers who are signing up just to take advantage of the sale. I’m already a happy PSN+ member, I just think that this idea would promote PSN+ very well and make existing PSN+ members extremely happy.

+ duke301 on January 24th, 2011 at 10:09 pm said:

All right, now I’m mad. I just bought DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue last week. How about refunding me the difference? I will, however, be picking up Costume Quest and Hoard, so thank you for that.

+ SurvivorCharlie on January 24th, 2011 at 11:16 pm said:

Well that sucks. I just bought Shatter today. Boooo. Refund!!

+ erizzleFOshizzle on January 24th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

i already own most of these games on my steam account because they had an x-mas sale which featured almost all these games. sorry, sony, but steam beat you to the punch. but A+ for effort! i think you should definitely do more sales however, because i’m always lookin for a deal!

+ funboy1127 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

If you don’t mind me saying so and this is my own opinion. If I was the company owner, I would make sure to have Preview Videos of each game (that we are advertising – on sale) so that the customer/consumer would be able to view what the game is like before purchasing/downloading. Sure the demos help but some (not all) of us customers don’t want to download the demos if we don’t have the ability to delete them (if we already have tons of paid for/demos already downloaded).

+ Hooligantuan on January 25th, 2011 at 12:12 am said:

Been waiting on that Space Invaders Infinity Gene sale!

+ K3nsh1n on January 25th, 2011 at 12:18 am said:

I have been putting off Costume Quest long enough, i can’t NOT buy it at this price.

Dang you sony for taking all my money i already bought 14 ps3 games this month >.<

+ Leign on January 25th, 2011 at 12:22 am said:

Wait, so how the heck do you purchase for the discounted price??

+ papolatte on January 25th, 2011 at 12:24 am said:

*sighs*

I just bought New Vegas, LittleBigPlanet 2, and AC: Brotherhood. Now I HAVE to buy some of these games.

Goodbye social life! (and homework respectively)

+ Kirkpad on January 25th, 2011 at 12:47 am said:

OH THANK GOD. I was thinking you were going to put Castle Crashers on sale just after I got it.

Think I’ll be scooping up Space Invaders and Costume Quest. Lots of the stuff I already have; these sales just push me to complete the collection.

+ BroderickAU on January 25th, 2011 at 1:49 am said:

Please put Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Complete Bundle on sale too (X-2 + DLC expansion).

+ supvic on January 25th, 2011 at 2:12 am said:

PLEASE tell me EU/NZ will be having this sale!!!

+ banok on January 25th, 2011 at 3:46 am said:

Cool! I’ve been eyeing a few of the games here and I already own a few of them too! I’m afraid I can only afford to buy one game this time around though, :((was laid off a few days after christmas). I might have to go around San Francisco to go look for a job, hmm, I wonder if 1up, GamePro or Destructoid… or Sony is hiring!

+ CerealxKiller13 on January 25th, 2011 at 5:35 am said:

awww….i was thinking it was going to be 11 games for 11 bucks. hahaha. still some nice price drops though on there.