No Man's Sky

More Avatar Options Coming to PlayStation Network Tomorrow

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Jan 24, 2011 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Thirsting for more PSN Avatar options? We hear you! With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store publish, we’ll be unleashing a flood of new avatars for Tron: Evolution, Hoard, Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. Check them out below and be sure to pick up your favorites in the PlayStation Store tomorrow!

PSN Avatar mosiac

200 Comments   1 Reply

+ mcjoshua on January 24th, 2011 at 8:45 pm said:

It would be great if you had God of War avatars too

+ FORMIK on January 24th, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

These are some great avatars. Now let’s get after all these other great PSN games and get some more!

+ fatjoe400 on January 24th, 2011 at 8:48 pm said:

Doubt you guys can top the Disgaea avatars, but you can keep trying though ^_~ *coughBlazbluecough*

+ Reginthorn on January 24th, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

Can we get some Mass Effect avatars? I didn’t know you and Rockstar were buddies again.

+ shadysaiyanz on January 24th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

I’ll probably get most if not all of these just because haha. Nice PSN :) love avatar. Keep adding more!

+ purplestream on January 24th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

are there any for free on ps plus? we dont get free avatars anymore :(

+ SmokeECW on January 24th, 2011 at 8:56 pm said:

great to see a nice update on the avatars. i know these won’t be free but what about some free avatar? cause the basic avatars for the ps3 right now needs a MAJOR update. or like someone said earlier let us upload our own. I remember reading on this very blog that we would be getting both pay n free. whatever happen with that. I see more “pay” then free. come on ps step your game up

+ Rinaldus91 on January 24th, 2011 at 9:01 pm said:

Yes, this is what I love to see. If you guys could get SquareEnix to put some avatars in the works, I’d be crazy stoked.

Would also be awesome to see stuff from Bioware, Kojima Productions, and Bethesda.

+ xRedxViolence on January 24th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

Waiting for Final Fight Avatars Haggwer, Cody, Guy.

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on January 24th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

Awesome, I’m getting that Niko Bellic avatar. Now if you guys could get Square and Konami to give us some avatars like Sephiroth and Snake!

+ Attila57 on January 24th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

As much as I like seeing new avatars, I wish their was more of a selection. Why cant their be Metal Gear Solid avatars? Or Resident Evil. I would gladly pay to get one of those.

+ fuzzyclutter on January 24th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

custom avatars was something already done … abused … and thus taken away in short order . SUPRISED ???

+ Hradekal on January 24th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

*facepalm*

Really I have mixed feelings. While I’m glad that you bozos finally gave us more avatars, you definately could have made some better ones. And by better I mean better games (though Red Dead is an exception) and more artistic. Tron? Seriously? TRON? How about Metal Gear Solid or something actually kind of… I dunno, cool? Good? Attractive?

And then secondly, these dinky little faces are nowhere near deserving of the term “premium.” There are tons of fan made avatars that were made in mere hours that wipe the floor with this garbage taht you guys took so long to make. You suck.

+ LUGIEZ on January 24th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

yes these are very nice! Now how about an update to the original lineup of free avatars w/ possibly the addition of some metal gear! twisted metal! and/or guitar hero Metallica! and also mine as well throw in some modified creations of your own too! but these are good too!

+ KazeEternal on January 24th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

Mass Effect 2 Avatars, Dynamic Themes, and plushies when?

+ SephTiger on January 24th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

Man, I want custom avatars. You know, like an image from my computer or placed on my PS3’s HDD and then uploaded as my avatar.

+ boneyardweller89 on January 24th, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

Nice! I think that when you first put a game into the system (RDR for example), it should automatically give you all the RDR avatars.

+ Alman_Gadgets on January 24th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

I love me some Tron avatars.

RDR and GTAIV avatars would have been nice months ago. Mooooonths ago.

+ NeoGuardian86 on January 24th, 2011 at 10:12 pm said:

I would love to get some of these.

would love it if there was some Mass Effect avatars as well.
that would be awesome.

Also i second the Kevin Butler avatars.

+ LordRaymond on January 24th, 2011 at 10:31 pm said:

I would pay for Kevin Butler avatars.

+ zabelzerolp on January 24th, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

Keep them coming, Thanks. But why did it take this LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG? lol

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 24th, 2011 at 10:54 pm said:

Are you gonna put RDR and GTAIV up on PSN anytime soon? I like the idea of new PS3 PSN downloads to go with PS1 classics, but XBL have had them for awhile, what’s up?

+ Dessron on January 24th, 2011 at 11:24 pm said:

Those avatars should be free for PS+ members at least…

+ NotoriousGamer on January 24th, 2011 at 11:36 pm said:

wat!!! its not freeeee? a pic?? not free??? im jumping ship and goin to 360!!!!

+ ReNeGaDe124 on January 24th, 2011 at 11:47 pm said:

And how am I supposed to get one of these if I don’t have a PS Store in my country? PlayStation 3 really sucks sometimes.

+ Mosh_Pit on January 24th, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

I don’t call this more avatar “options”. It’s just more avatars that cost money. It’s a no go for me.

+ sindiewen on January 25th, 2011 at 12:07 am said:

Looks like im buying the Niko Belic avatar tomarrow

+ abzdine on January 25th, 2011 at 12:24 am said:

This avatars system is prehistoric.. when are we gonna use the Home Avatars instead ? Never I presume! keep up the good work Sony -_-‘

+ vza004 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:38 am said:

No anime based avartars like from BlazBlue or Atelier Rorona?

+ Nando_lavras on January 25th, 2011 at 12:49 am said:

@mystikalguy
KEVIN BUTLER AVATARS!!!

I agree…. :)

+ Kirkpad on January 25th, 2011 at 12:56 am said:

Hah, these all suck. Give me some Katamari and Noby Boy avatars.

+ NeoRaidenX on January 25th, 2011 at 1:17 am said:

I don’t pay for Avatars. Period. Not even for $.01. I’ve used Alair since 2007 and don’t plan to change it. If people feel the need to waste $.50 on these, more power to them.

+ Vorekdor on January 25th, 2011 at 1:23 am said:

Typical Playstation Network always slacking around and missing opportunities. As someone said before you have to release Avatars and Themes on par with the release of the game. That’s another thing that you should learn from the marketing geniuses at xbox live.

+ HerbertFortoon on January 25th, 2011 at 2:20 am said:

GTA IV, really?

+ BRIT-KO on January 25th, 2011 at 3:05 am said:

RDR Avatars = very cool, but as others have already said these should have been available if not before, very soon after the release of the game, to release them now is ok, but very lame on Sony’s part.

+ death_vader301 on January 25th, 2011 at 3:14 am said:

is it possible to get other avatar like takumi from initial d or majin vegeta from dragon ball z or can we get mgs , that be nice and how long were gonna have to wait for the FF13 avatar ? hong kong got those and i dont mind sporting snow when im blogging on the psn blog , some bleach avatar be cool since sony japan is supporting the bleach series but really how hard is it to get anime avatar ? if its complicated then its kool. at lease something is better then nothing and thx for the new avatar heads up. proud member of ps+ and ps-rewards .

+ WarHawk_ on January 25th, 2011 at 3:42 am said:

When will they just be nice and give some free stuff for their dedicated fans ? don’t get me wrong It’s nice that they are adding new avatars and I’m pretty sure it cost money in some way to make these.. but still it’s like 0.50 cents a piece why not just give a few away ?

+ banok on January 25th, 2011 at 3:55 am said:

This is not bad at all but, where’s the Tekken and SquareSoft avatars at?

+ DarkHawk2099 on January 25th, 2011 at 4:07 am said:

Would love to see some comic book avatars from MARVEL & DC. Be awesome to have Spidey or Batman. Kevin Butler avatars would rock also.

+ mew_frenger on January 25th, 2011 at 4:16 am said:

OMG YES! finally, thank u sony!

+ Soufian-93 on January 25th, 2011 at 4:19 am said:

Sweet .. Amazing Avatars .

+ Dave-BlueMeteor on January 25th, 2011 at 4:24 am said:

I’d like to see Sonic 4 avatars, or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow too…

+ ShadowOfEden on January 25th, 2011 at 4:36 am said:

They already give us free online play. Seriously, they’re not running a charity center, their point is to make money, and that include selling things. It’s already great that we can use any user made theme. If you’re not happy, go see Microsoft, where you pay to play online, to get a new theme or for avatars. Sure they have the advantage of having unlockable avatars in games, which is awesome, but they are limited and every cool avatar on the store is not free either.

+ BrunoDTG on January 25th, 2011 at 4:40 am said:

There are people who pay for it?

Buy something useless like that is stupid.

Shame on anyone who buys this crap.

+ ALM007TRF on January 25th, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

! WOo0oOW !
$ONY & P$N FTW !

+ xxspeedy198k on January 25th, 2011 at 5:32 am said:

you should make dynamic avatars

+ StuntF50 on January 25th, 2011 at 5:36 am said:

Can we make requests?

Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX/X/XIII/Versus XIII avatars, please.

+ mew_frenger on January 25th, 2011 at 5:40 am said:

naaah i would hate to have dynamic avatars in my friendslist.

+ Akibara12 on January 25th, 2011 at 5:47 am said:

no dead space or metal gear avatars?

+ Joe-TFW on January 25th, 2011 at 5:50 am said:

How about the option to create our own avatars? I find spending money on such things quite ridiculous.