PS4-The Order

Dead Space 2 Terrorizes PS3 Today, Limited Edition Includes Dead Space: Extraction

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar + Posted by Steve Papoutsis on Jan 25, 2011 // Executive Producer, Dead Space 2

Dead Space 2

The Dead Space 2 team and I are super stoked that Dead Space 2 is now finally out and people are getting to play it. We have been anxiously awaiting this day to hear what gamers think of what we have been working on. The PS3 Limited Edition version of Dead Space 2 is crazy — it not only includes Dead Space 2, but it also has Dead Space Extraction. That means you can get your MOVE ON with Dead Space Extraction, and you can play it solo or in co-op as well.

Dead Space 2 for PS3Dead Space 2 for PS3

Making Dead Space 2 has been a blast, getting to see everyone’s speculation on what the game was going to be about, if we lost our minds and cut out the horror, or if we were making some sort of ninja-puzzle-adventure game. Now is the time to see what the final version Dead Space 2 is all about.

From my perspective, the team did a fantastic job. This is the game I’m most proud of being a part of. The game feels better, looks better, has bigger moments, and even includes multiplayer for the first time. I really hope you like it!

Head out now to your local game store and get a copy of the Collector’s Edition — if you can still find it — or the Limited Edition and start dismembering Necromorphs today. If you want to keep up on the game and maybe get your multiplayer on, follow me on Twitter: @leveluptime.

Thanks again and please let us know what you think of the game.

PAGE 1 2

+ LILstacks on January 25th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Already have my copy installing extraction now!

+ XMbeaner on January 25th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

OMG I just wet myself.

+ Enforcer_X on January 25th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition is in a UPS truck somewhere, scheduled to arrive today from Amazon.com!
Can’t wait!

+ lcmnick on January 25th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Absolutely getting this.

+ erick_34 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

i want this game is amazing

+ NwK68 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Why is my online pass invalid???

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 25th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Hot off the presses from Twitter.com/DeadSpace : “PS3 fans in NA, we’re investigating Online Pass code redemption issues. To play multiplayer, please use your 48-hour trial for now.”

+ Revolutionary on January 25th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Online Pass codes that don’t even work… good job, EA.

+ erick_34 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

The next week i go to getting this can’t wait

+ ShadowOfEden on January 25th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

I think I’ll buy it while coming home from work, but I’ll wait for friday night to play it. I need to play more of Mass Effect 2 since LittleBigPlanet 2 took most of my play time and I prefer to play Dead Space 2 all night!

+ erick_34 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

The limited edition is only for the people pre-order the game or for everyone buy it???

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar

+ Steve Papoutsis on January 26th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

Limited edition is the first pressing of the game, you can get it at any store right now. Extraction is also in the Collectors Edition as well.

+ poodude on January 25th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

The EB games near my house ended up having a delay with the Collector’s Edition so I won’t get it until Friday :(.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on January 25th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

If it wasn’t for the sexual content, I would be all over this!

+ blacklist_member on January 25th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

One question, Is the limited edition pre-order only or is every PS3 version a Limited edition ???

+ Butters360 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

The Limited

+ KidCommando on January 25th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Will be slicing limbs in a few hours then.

+ I3rand0 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Nice job announcing “DLC” day of release. More content cut from the game that I’m required to pay additionally for in order to play…except I won’t.

Do you know if this is going to be the standard operating procedure for all EA titles going forward? It really helps me in making my decision to not support your future titles that much easier, thanks.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 25th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Got my collector’s edition yesterday, you WILL crap your pants lol!!! 8P 8)

+ Velzorn on January 25th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

I picked up my Dead Space 2: Collector’s Edition last night at midnight and I love it! I’m absolutely pleased that DS2 doesn’t have a big install. I’ve been getting very tired and frustrated that almost all PS3 games require gigs of installed memory while the 360 rarely if ever needs more then a few megabits for the same games([DELETED])!!!

I’m also very happy with the extra treatment the PS3 version received. It looks like Sony and EA are working to move forward together in the right direction, here’s hoping the continue to do so.

+ Velzorn on January 25th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

I picked up my Dead Space 2: Collector’s Edition last night at midnight and I love it! I’m absolutely pleased that DS2 doesn’t have a big install. I’ve been getting very tired and frustrated that almost all PS3 games require gigs of installed memory while the 360 rarely if ever needs more then a few megabits for the same games!!!

+ McJorneil on January 25th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Hoping to pick up my Collector’s Edition today as well as Dead Space: Aftermath on blu-ray!

I have a question though. Will there be any Dead Space 2 content in PlayStation Home?

+ Brameriz on January 25th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

I heard good things about this game after I platinum White Knight Chronicles im goin to buy the 1st won #TeamBON

+ Cat_Corye on January 25th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

For those that can’t get the online pass to work, wait until the PSN Store has been updated. That is when it works for me on all EA games.

Awesome game and got it preorder but can’t pick it up until next month (Got $61 dollars left to pay). Darn Killzone 3 for being $129.99.

+ MaximMicheal on January 25th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Going to pick up my limited special edition right after breakfast!

+ Berae on January 25th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

Just bought it, I wanted to try ignition first but I think i cant wait to try dead space 2. Extraction looks very nice too, i wish there would be an online coop tho but its great anyway.

+ VofEscaflowne on January 25th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

Picked up a limited edition copy today. I never got a chance to play Extraction but now that I have it along with the Move, it’s a blast being able to experience it. I played the first level and is it ever creepy! Love it and hopefully Dead Space 2 delivers in the scares department. I feel like it’s a genre that is severely lacking this generation.

+ Huuuze on January 25th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Any truth to the rumor that Steve Papoutsis used to be the lead singer for the 90s band “Smash Mouth”?

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar

+ Steve Papoutsis on January 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

Nope, I used to be the Bass Player in No Use For A Name thought.

+ sfgdfds on January 25th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

pff looks like amazon.ca has troubles with the Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition… they’re not shipping until Friday… suxx had this one preordered long time ago and now I have to wait…

+ clupula668 on January 25th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

For those wondering, the online passes should start working now. Mine didn’t work last night. It didn’t work this morning, but it worked 25 minutes ago.

+ Zezzler on January 25th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Got my copy and am playing through the awesome-ness that is Extraction. Its REALLY good! Tonight, i will start DS2, so I can play it at night with no lights on and really loud. just like it should be!

+ AceMatt on January 25th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Any news yet on a standalone PSN release for Dead Space Extraction?

+ MarinoBrea on January 25th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Release a patch with Move controls enabled. Extraction is nice, but I sure hoping part 3 will have Move controls integrated.

+ Dracorius on January 25th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

So many good games this month. My wallet and my body can’t handle it. Still playing Mass Effect 2, will be playing Dead Space until 3am tonight. The pain of lack of sleep…..

+ Midgetguy on January 25th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Got the collectors edition! I’m going to be able to play it once I get home from school!!!!

I’m super excited! =)

I hope I get scared… I honestly wasn’t very scared from the first one…

+ TheStory on January 25th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

My friend and I just picked up our copies from Gamestop. Does anyone know if Extraction has multiple sign ins so we don’t have earn trophies seperately?

+ edyrfaciola on January 25th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

I have a question. Every PS3 version a Limited edition version?
Any plans to release Dead Space 2 on PSN? please say yes
thanks

+ BigBoss712 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Mine should arrive some time tomorrow.

+ DarkRecoil on January 25th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

EA guys recently released Mass Effect 2 for direct download on PSN, when taking into account the additional progress EA is making with steam and digital distribution on the PC platform, why is Dead Space 2 on the PlayStation store?

…indeed, why aren’t ALL major recent EA titles available, such as Dante’s Inferno or the original Dead Space for example?

+ musicismyradar on January 25th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

installing extraction right now…man, this is taking long!

+ the1free_man on January 25th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Are there trophies in Extraction?

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar

+ Steve Papoutsis on January 26th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

Yep there sure are and you can play it co-op with a friend on one system.

+ gdogg666 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

im loving this game thanks for makin a sequel and i havent finished it yet but i hope for a 3rd game

+ TheStory on January 25th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

Yep Extraction has a platinum and all but I’m wondering if you can sign in two accounts for co-op.

+ Korbei83 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Way to blast those legit customers with broken online codes.

You get ‘em EA!

+ colonel005 on January 25th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

I have a question?

Does every Dead Space version come with Extraction? I heard some places it comes only in the Collector’s Edition (which comes with the limited edition).

Some others say that the only version is the Limited Version (which comes alone or with the collector´s edition)

And others say that there´s the regular verison with Extraction Demo, and the Limited Edition and the Collector’s Edition including Extraction full game

So which is it? Could you please clarify? THANKS!

+ kamikaze_joe91 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

dang ds2 has on online pass like madden

+ HerbertFortoon on January 25th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

My online pass code worked, but this is not a feature. It makes me chuckle to think of anyone calling it that. It is the removal of a feature so that it can be ransomed off to used game purchasers. Some games need to steer clear of multiplayer anyways. Dead Space is an awesome singleplayer game, and should be left that way. I have little intention of playing online with all the major jerks who lurk on multiplayer servers.

+ starry_nights on January 25th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Is the collector’s edition supposed include a code for that armor for Dragon Age 2?

Cause my copy sure didn’t.

+ KazeEternal on January 25th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

Can’t wait to get home and play it. Just hope it is everything that Greg Miller (destroyer of LAIR) has hyped it up to be. Little concerned that the multiplayer is “flat” so we’ll see when I get to it. Thankfully I’m buying the game for the single player mode and not Multiplayer. Hard part is going to be pulling me away from my second play through (first on PS3) of Mass Effect 2. I told myself I’d finish my other games first… that didn’t work out to well lol.

+ builder21 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

Is the dead space extraction going to be available with all copies of the game? If I buy the game 6 months from now, would I still get extraction?

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar

+ Steve Papoutsis on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

Nope its only on the first Limited Edition Pressing and in the Collectors edition. You can however buy it on the PSN store.

+ BigPoppaB on January 25th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

I simply can’t afford this game right now. Just signed a new lease to an apartment, so that’s absorbing all my funds for now.

If I pick this game up in a couple months when I have more disposable income… will I still be able to get the PS Move game Extraction?

Or, is it limited time?

+ subbed on January 25th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Mine wont arrive till tomorrow. Its somewhere in the midwest with UPS

PAGE 1 2