PS4-Infamous

Dead Space 2 Terrorizes PS3 Today, Limited Edition Includes Dead Space: Extraction

Steve Papoutsis's Avatar + Posted by Steve Papoutsis on Jan 25, 2011 // Executive Producer, Dead Space 2

Dead Space 2

The Dead Space 2 team and I are super stoked that Dead Space 2 is now finally out and people are getting to play it. We have been anxiously awaiting this day to hear what gamers think of what we have been working on. The PS3 Limited Edition version of Dead Space 2 is crazy — it not only includes Dead Space 2, but it also has Dead Space Extraction. That means you can get your MOVE ON with Dead Space Extraction, and you can play it solo or in co-op as well.

Dead Space 2 for PS3Dead Space 2 for PS3

Making Dead Space 2 has been a blast, getting to see everyone’s speculation on what the game was going to be about, if we lost our minds and cut out the horror, or if we were making some sort of ninja-puzzle-adventure game. Now is the time to see what the final version Dead Space 2 is all about.

From my perspective, the team did a fantastic job. This is the game I’m most proud of being a part of. The game feels better, looks better, has bigger moments, and even includes multiplayer for the first time. I really hope you like it!

Head out now to your local game store and get a copy of the Collector’s Edition — if you can still find it — or the Limited Edition and start dismembering Necromorphs today. If you want to keep up on the game and maybe get your multiplayer on, follow me on Twitter: @leveluptime.

Thanks again and please let us know what you think of the game.

PAGE 1 2

+ PointBlank771 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

Why is it that PS3 always has issues the first couple of days of a game’s new release? Anyway Dead Space 2 is amazing and the HD upgrade of Extraction are top notch. Also the collector’s ed. is very well made, the box looks amazing as well as the plasma cutter gun. great job Viseral!

+ obliviate96 on January 25th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Is the limited edition the standard edition?

+ Berae on January 25th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

Well I have been playing it for like 2-3 hours, I’m a bit after the train section and I must say it is awesome so far! Good job!

+ Gas0linE on January 25th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

Yep, Im glad I baught it on the other console! I knew that if I were to get suckered into the ps3 version, the psn would be holding it back somehow. Looks like I made teh right choice at its completely flawless on the other console! GG Sony.

+ VofEscaflowne on January 25th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Why are people complaining about the codes not working? Use the free 2 day trial… by the time it expires, the code problem will be resolved.

As for those wondering about Extraction, it is included with the first shipment of the game of the regular edition. It should have the “Limited Edition” banner at the top and states at the bottom of the case that Extraction is included. I bought mine this morning and I’m playing it right now actually. It is an install on the disc itself which you can access from the XMB, 3.5GB I believe. Once installed, it’ll require the disc to play.

+ Neozeed_99 on January 25th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Great Game!… lots of jump out of your seat moments :O

+ LilWayneSuckz on January 25th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

I pre-ordered and bought “Dead Space 2,” hasn’t gotten here yet but I felt the need to support this franchise and Playstation even more.

Keep up the good work!

+ Kchow23 on January 25th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

this game is sick… LITERALLY!

+ Zilas on January 25th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Just picked up my Limited Edition copy of Dead Space 2, and as a bonus for purchasing at futureshop, I received a copy of Dead Space Downfall. I think ill watch it while Dead Space Extraction installs. So much Dead Space ^_^

+ Berae on January 25th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

@55 Gas0line

hmmm shut up dude… good for you if you have bought it on another console but we dont care.. Its the playstation blog here.
Btw the thing you are referring to is so minor in fact it dosnt even affect anything because you can use the trial

Oh and by the way… have a good time with extraction.. oh sry you dont have it. My mistake.

+ LilWayneSuckz on January 25th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

@55

I’m playing it right now and I have no problems whatsoever.

The only problem would be if you’re playing it on the 360, having to change discs midgame and a system that sounds like a lawnmower preparing to takeoff is an inconvenience regardless.

+ sournuts87 on January 25th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

IS DINO CRISIS 2 COMING TO PSN STORE THIS YEAR PLEASE RESPOND…………..

+ so-knee on January 25th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

Honestly from the past couple hours of playing it, I have to say this is the best horror game I’ve ever played. Extraction is incredible too. A thousand thanks to everyone at Visceral.

+ NotoriousGamer on January 25th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

Is Dead Space 2 getting a Home public game space?? no?

+ footballrule on January 25th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

Played it for a litle bit. It looks great! Can’t wait to get back on Dead Space 2. :)

+ jrivera0108 on January 25th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

Didn’t plan on buying this game since I’m still enjoying LBP2, but once I saw that Extraction was with it (for freeee!)I had to get it. Happy to use my Move for something other than Sports Champions! But now its on pause so my wife can watch the State of the Union. Ugh.

+ hush404 on January 25th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

So NOW we get clarification? I’ve been looking through forums for weeks trying to find a straight answer to whether or not the LE version of DS2 for PS3 came with extraction. Could of used a heads up before hand as TONS of people were confused as to whether or not it did.

+ Street_Killaz on January 25th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

Grabing this game next week!

+ IrishPete333 on January 26th, 2011 at 5:02 am said:

Bought it yesterday and played a couple hours. I am loving it so far.

+ LordRaoh on January 26th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

got to play it for a while after the state of the union address last night.

I jumped a few times. The score is just wonderful, perfect placement and great audio. The movement is more fluid. Text for items seem to be a little harder to read but not that big of a deal.

Running around in a straight jacket and walking through the mess hall with nothing but a flash light.. OMG..

Resident Evil has officially been replaced.

Thank you Visceral Games for your hard work, and thank you sony for working out a deal for getting Dead Space Extraction bundled with the limited edition.

+ BINK1234 on January 26th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Does Dead Space Extraction require the use of Move or can it be played using the DualShock?
Thanks!!

+ crashfellow on January 26th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

Hope someone can help.

For some reason Dead Space Extraction isn’t picking up the move controller. When i go into calibrate in the ps3 system menu the green light shows up and works, but when i go into the game, it doesn’t light up the ball at the front and doesn’t have any interaction in the game (other then pressing the PS button and getting the menu to show up).

Anybody have any idea why this may be?

+ AMUSSIO on January 27th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

I’m having the same problem with my game not recognizing my move controller. It works perfectly fine during calibration and the bundled in sports game, but pressing start or any other button at the dead space extraction title screen doesn’t do anything. I’m playing off the limited edition disk btw, not the psn store version.

+ gamer5297 on January 27th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

i want to get it

+ Swibek on January 28th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

will they create a stereoscopic patch for ps3…

+ imjongabriel on January 28th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Having same problem with move controller. When i try to calibrate ps3 states that it is moving too much to calibrate when the controller is not moving at all.

+ sangnariu88 on February 2nd, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Hey, I just bought the Limited Edition and it didn’t came with the online pass code! Now what, I pay 60 bucks for a new game and I can’t play online??

+ sangnariu88 on February 2nd, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Ok, I contacted EA Support and they sent me a code via e-mail. Thanks EA for the nice work and the great game!

+ NMEIMAGE on February 6th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

Played through on easy and am now going round 2 as survivalist, BUT I am in new game+ so I can keep my stuff from previous playthrough. I still jump at the shocks and tell myself “damnit self, you knew that was coming! Why you getting scared?!” Love the game but If this is how survivalist is, I cant imagine Zealot or Hardcore. I think its gonna be so difficult, it’ll suck the fun out of it. However, that Hand Cannon for beating Hardcore sounds intriguing, but useless since you just beat it on most difficult level.

Also, for those not understanding it

The Collectors Edition has a Limited Edition Game plus the non-game extras in it.
The Limited Edition is the limited quantities first pressing of game that includes Extraction.
Once supplies run out, There is the Standard DS2 that doesnt have Extraction, but you can buy it in PSN store.

+ IONHAWK on February 7th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Loved the game overall, scared the crap out of me in several places. But I did feel a sense of bloat towards the end, as if the game was being artificially extended just by throwing whole bunches of monsters at you. The whole last level felt cheap with hardly any health/ammo drops – sure the ones you kill drop stuff but there’s hardly any time to pick it up as when one falls, another one seemed to spawn immediately. The last part needed more balancing, IMHO.
But still, just like with Deadspace back in 2009, I already think Deadspace 2 will be one of my top 5 games this year.

PAGE 1 2