PS4-The Order

PS3 System Software Update (v3.56)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jan 26, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.56, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

972 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 20

+ JOEKILLA on January 26th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

Sony stop playing into the hackers cat and mouse game

just shut down the PSN, you know they already are trying to

make a CFW out of this 3.56…these guys been waiting for this

response and now they will react, here we go again CAT VS MOUSE

bullcrap.

+ Uglyd0g97 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Also, I’m at 25%. The download is going slow but I have a feeling that’s due to my internet connection. I have no doubt it’s going to finish.

+ New360Guy on January 26th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

why cant i download it for a flash drive yet but i can update it on my ps3???? explain that to me. and dont worry people i keep getting the same error

+ LE_Bichon_Frisee on January 26th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

CAn somebody actually from Sony answer us, why it takes us an hour to get that update! I WANNA PLAY!

+ Ramage on January 26th, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

oh cheeseus…Can you sneak in some functionality with these? If you’re going to have a pissing contest with hackers at least do it behind closed doors.

+ nathan_a on January 26th, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

FFS. What is the issue?

+ gd0495 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

mines is at 21% *crosses fingers*

+ Xx-PatQc-xX on January 26th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

I fail at around 15-25% its Bs all this Fking thing.
Psn Really Failed on this one…………..

+ dr_sasquatch on January 26th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

Xoombie… what a ridiculous rationale for ripping off games. Most of the people who are pirating or using pirated software most likely never even used “other os”.

+ JOEKILLA on January 26th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

xBURROx, Sony will never let go of their “FREE ONLINE” card

they already get millions from PSN+ anyways and are still holding

that “FREE ONLINE” card.

+ KROD on January 26th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

My god this update is taking forever O_O

+ Captain_Tom on January 26th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

I can’t download the update: error code 80710723!!!

+ Xoombie503 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

If you release one more useless update to stop hackers…I’m done and will hack ps3

+ Big-Kuro on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

hey, so i was having a trouble syncing my trophies about 3hrs ago, A error has occurred (80022D05) keeps coming up..after trying to sync many times still said that, so i decided to try some games and some games didn’t work like UNO, Sonic4, Zen PinBall, Critter Crunch, and rag doll kung fu…i even ask some friends if they had the same problem and they said they didn’t notice…then i saw that there was a update that was announced about a half hour ago, i downloaded that and im still having the same problem, I love my PS3 and stuff like this always worries me so if you could replay with some help it be appreciated

+ mlanie10 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Sad thing is that the dishonest people are the only ones that can get on psn right now. :(

+ chaosisforfun on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

I built a website from my ps3 and have shocked many of my computer nerd friends with what it can do. So the complainers should quit whining. I hope these patches cure some of the hack issues in the bbc community.

+ gd0495 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

I still have to wait till 1 am here for the “PlayStation meeting” the psp2 better be good… and affordable.

+ Horrorcain on January 26th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Man I wish they could an absolute patch for this. I mean either hire, or by lawsuit force the hackes to fix it, lol

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

It’s a jump from FW 3.55 to 3.56…Dont expect anymore than a Security Patch.

+ ntipton_03 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

“Thx again stupide hackers to make us our life more expensive and hard.”

technically it’s sony trying to make something 100% hack proof, which is impossible really, one side has to give.

also, that was the single most stupide thing I’ve ever read.

where’s the guy with the popcorn???

+ The_Spleen on January 26th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

It took an hour and 22 attempts, but it finally went through. Once it cleared 30% it flew for me. Good luck everyone!

+ FLooZY_69 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

I rarely play disk based games, and spend most of my time in PS Home. I am addicted to the Bowling Alley and play pool often. Fix the freekin pool table glitches. Didn’t take too long to DL update.

+ ericdub78 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Count me in. Gets to 15% and fails. The version on the Sony site is still 3.55, so I can’t get it there, either.

+ BraveSirR0BIN-_- on January 26th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Where can I download this via PC?! This is taking a lifetime to update!!!

+ DABUNKER on January 26th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Whaaaaaa security updates….whaaaaaa…… 5 minutes and it’s done. No problems. Over Wifi to boot. You wankers are just looking for something to cry about.

+ Royal_Recon6 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

Is anybody getting error messages when you try to download it?

+ RainbowTurtles on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

wow, all sony ever achieves is making hackers more mad. We are going to find a way around this and we will embarrass you once again. Why don’t you just give up? What is so bad about people hacking your system? Sure it’s embarrassing, but it’s more embarrassing to have it hacked multiple times.

+ Kuraudoffxi on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

Taking me forever to download it

+ Elcritic on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

What’s in the update???? and why are they so big for just a “minor security patch”

+ LE_Bichon_Frisee on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

55%! yeah! crossing fingers!

+ holycrap10 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

they shuld of kept the hackers! all it did was CL for MW2, n being able to download to HDD… xbox360 gives the option, why doesnt sony! what idiots!

+ chaosisforfun on January 26th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

if your not happy with your free online gaming service go buy an xbox live card

+ LE_Bichon_Frisee on January 26th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

60% ans still up and running!

+ LE_Bichon_Frisee on January 26th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

oh finish! yeah I got it!

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

@ ntipton_03

You want Popcorn?…I still have XD

+ TheeMatt on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

Great mine also just froze up and went to an error at 24 %. Here we go. Congatulations Sony you have managed to dissapoint me for the second time.

+ jrivera0108 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

OMG. I can’t believe it actually worked. I started reading this blog AFTER i started the download process. Was really nervous since the last update killed my ps3 fat.

+ Xx-PatQc-xX on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

36% and Growing, past the 30% its goes quickly.
Good luck to all of u. =D

+ zOmNiCiDe- on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

mine stoped a 35% :P

+ W33NB3RIPPIN on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

any cfw released for this POS security patch yet?

+ LE_Bichon_Frisee on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

Servers are just slow guys, you’ll get your update soon, just keep trying :)

+ Xx-PatQc-xX on January 26th, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

45%

+ kaplag08 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

Seriously, when sony does a feature update I only see added junkware and no improvements in the os’s ui and usability. I know, I know – I’m the only one that still uses a computer to edit videos, look at photos, browse the internet, stream music on pandora, and watch movies on netflix…

+ Xx-PatQc-xX on January 26th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

50%

+ saintaqua on January 26th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

Thanks.
I don’t care what anyone says, I hope they can fight these stupid hackers and win.
I bet only 1% of hackers are doing so to mod a system for personal use that does not involve cheating or piracy.
Look at CODModern Warfare 2, that game was ruined by hackers.

People hack to cheat and troll. Or to steal.
The 1% who does otherwise would not be sharing their methods to ruin it for everyone else.
If they don’t like Sony, then it’s simple, they need to go play something else.
There is no excuse for those deadbeats.

+ TheDragonzord on January 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

Another USELESS update from sony except this time its TWICE IN A ROW, when are we gonna get decent features? when are you going to optimize the ps3 netcode for psn? when are you going to implement all the features people want?

I hear sony say: *NOTHING*

I hear Hackers say: Right now here you go, here is a lot of nice homebrew and features, here is more access to the console you payed £425 for on first release that you had to send back cos sonys other update YLOD it for you!

+ Schneed on January 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

I’m on my fourth attempt…connection server error

+ ntipton_03 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

@mystikalguy

definitely, this is like, going to walmart and people watching….only online…..and a little sadder…..

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

I expect over 500 comments by Friday….Who’s with me?

+ N-Gus on January 26th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

OK Sony… You reaaaally SUCKS!
Stop Fighting piracy, and work to make a good product!!!
I´m shame of buy the MOVE Controller… The games are really bad. And I saw the comercial on TV, and is really sad to know that THE ONLY GAMES FOR MOTION ARE THE 5 GAMES ON THE TV !!
And now, another update…for nothing.
GeoHot rules!
I hope someone find the way to bypass the PSN control, so all we can forget this stupids updates.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 20