PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 System Software Update (v3.56)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jan 26, 2011 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.56, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

972 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 20

+ JoseTK2 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

Sony, I’m sorry but hackers will never stop… I’ll give the hackers a week so they can hack the PS3 again, and then you are going to make us download another minor update?

+ SiR_GuiDO-Legend on January 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

yay. thanks u butthole hackers for spending 90min of my LIFE! exuse me while i watch the update bar slowly move

+ BiezulbubBill69 on January 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

YES GO SONY GO! I KNEW you wouldn’t let us down! I KNEW you’d fix this mess! SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ XScreamingEagleX on January 26th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

yeah! Sony, go get them hacker SOB.

+ CgM_ASN-FUZION on January 26th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

I’m pretty sure that if it keep shutting off at 15%-25%, then you’re banned.

+ JoseTK2 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

@mystikalguy

tomorrow we have more than 1000!! LOL

+ dan5000 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

weak:(

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

@ 194 ntipton_03

LOL

+ Xx-PatQc-xX on January 26th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALY AT 60 % IT JUST FLEW TO 100%. THANKS SONY FOR WASTING 1H30 OF MY LIFE.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

+ SiR_GuiDO-Legend on January 26th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

whendo we get steam? i wanna teabag some headcrab zombies

+ velvetshark on January 26th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

I just bought my PS3. As in, about an hour and a half ago. I came home and updated to 3.55. That I expected. Then the update to 3.56 came out, and I thought no big deal.

I have been trying to update to 3.56 for almost 2 hours. It keeps failing (gets between 20-40 and dies). I spent $400 (bought the Move version) and I can’t use this @%$@# thing. My Xbox 360 works perfectly, of course, and did right out of the box.

Is this the kind of service/support/failure I can expect from Sony in the future?

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

@ 202 JoseTK2

True

Lol XD

+ twistedfloyd on January 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

Can I play Modern Warfare and MW2 now without it being hacked?

+ Undertaker420 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

why does everyone cry about udates?The hackers have made gaming unplayable so i welcome all the udates sony can give us.it only takes like 30min. big deal.just start the udate and go clean house or watch a tv show.id be ok with an update every week or two.

+ Scooby341 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

Am trying for the 6th time am finally to 34% and still going. highest before that was 14%

+ MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

i cant get passed 20%.. i have a normal ps3 no burnt games its not modded or anything stupid sony i remember when i first got it last year had the same problem with a different update cant remember wat one though.

+ xxnike629xx on January 26th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

Oh?!

Finally a firmware update for the PS3? I guess they’re trying to play cat-n-mouse with these hackers.

=P

I don’t support video game piracy at all, neither does GeoHotz. He even said that his “work” isn’t for playing pirated games.

Anyway, hopefully this will at least make it harder and harder for these obvious hackers that are hacking and cheating their way through getting all the trophies and making everyone’s experience playing games online miserable.

I read that Call of Duty Black Ops is one of the recent games that have a big time issue with hackers yet Trearch isn’t doing anything about it. Maybe it’s time for Sony to step him and give that guy the ban hammer.

=D

+ PoiSoN-OxyGeN on January 26th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

Error.. wth ??????

+ Dragun619 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

I dunno about you guys, but I was able to update seamlessly without any difficulties.

You could download it through their Sony’s Site and just put it on a USB drive and install it that way.

I also hear people with Jailbroken/cfw PS3s are having difficulties.

+ TenreiX5 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

I like the Security updates.. Dam moders/hackers/other no life like individuals like that just need to just go out and get a real job.

Keep up the good work and PLEASE release a NEW FEATURE Update. Like Cross Game Chat would be REALLY nice.. Just talked a XBOX Only person to Sell his XBOX and become a Brother of PLAYSTATION. Sucks when you say “yeah PS3 doesn’t have Cross game chat like Xbox does” IT HURTS SONY IT HURTS!!

Anyway Keep up the good work.

+ killemall10300 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

This sucks still can’t get the update. There goes my plan of playing some black Ops before bed.

+ Undertaker420 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

its funny i downloading the udate in like 15 min with no problems.

+ BigBadBob113 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

Tried to update and failed. Looks like I’m saying good night to the PlayStation and hello to the 360 for the night.

+ SiR_GuiDO-Legend on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

im watchin ancient aliens to pas the the time……..O LOOK ITS DONE!!!! YAY…………instaling 1………………2……………………..3…………………….4…………………………….5………

+ Chaos200786 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

This is me hoping Sony can find a way to block all the gaming pirates that are going to try and pirate the hell out of the PS3. Homebrew sure, piracy, I don’t think so.

+ MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

wheres the link.. i checked the only update i found capable of download off the site was 3.55 i already go it.. its 3.56 thats messing with everyone.

+ MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

@dragun619

+ FadeToOne on January 26th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

When’s the last time we got a substantial update?

+ SiR_GuiDO-Legend on January 26th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

im done! good luck to rest of u PSN-ers!

+ mystikalguy on January 26th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

Hey Kevin Butler, how will i know if this Firmware 3.56 fixes the Hackers issue?

Kevin Bulter – YOU DON’T!!!!

+ Lasani on January 26th, 2011 at 7:09 pm said:

WE DONT WANT SECURITY PATCH”S
Please give us something else…
I am sick of these security patch’s that add’s nothing new.

+ pvwr on January 26th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

Again? When will you guys give us something useful, such as MKV playback? Even crappy DVD and BluRay players can do it, why not a powerhouse as the PS3? It standard for many years, and yet, the PS3 lacks support.

+ vinnydery on January 26th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

error 80710723 on uptade v.3.56 stoped at 48%. I would like to have some explanation…

+ clupula668 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

I hope that everyone here who says anything positive about the hackers finds their IP and their account banned. Remember when we used to get all sorts of features with each update and they were something to look forward to? Then that smug moron, GeoHot hacked the system through the OtherOS, and now look what we get. I don’t blame Sony for this. I blame the hackers. They’ve ruined it for everyone.

+ Wrigley_Chill on January 26th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

That’s one way to provide better security. Prevent users from downloading the entire patch!

+ Toshi_TNE on January 26th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

HEHE, just checked PSX-scene. Hackers updated their tools and can now unpack the new update. CFW will probably be out tomorrow. Good job SONY. Give us cross game chat instead of wasting your time trying to stop hackers. Your keys were leaked for gods sake, you’re already screwed.

+ hidengo09 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

I have read though all these pages just because my playstation wouldn’t update. I’m surprised there are no xbot anywhere.

+ kyorml007 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

i managed to download the update at my first try, so no problem with me.

+ darrstr on January 26th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

Thanks again psn for screwing up my console! Why must I download your patch to play a game? Now the stupid patch will not download and my console is useless!!!!!!! I did not buy this console to have it sit there! So far most of the downloads have only added headaches and adds that I am forced to wade through to get to the game I want to play, WHY? I still can not believe I actually have to see adds everytime I try to play! I did not agree to this kind of forced advertising! You really make me want to switch to XBOX!

+ mineakey on January 26th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

I agree that changes are needed. I have an original 60 gig that I have had no problems with (yes the L fell out of playstation 2 weeks after purchase, must have been a warning). My first real complaint is fallout 3, stupid loading and freezing. So I upgraded to a 128gig SSD and now I am happy again. Let’s get a better browser or a pandora app now!

+ vza004 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

Stuck at 48%
First time got a download error lol.

+ SmashBro6490 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

WHY CAN I STILL NOT ORGANIZE MY PSN GAMES BY NAME ALPHABETICALLY? IS IT REALLY THAT HARD TO DO THAT?! JESUS CHRIST, SONY!

+ halowars7 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

Always Fails at 15%! 3rd try now!

+ GoWJr on January 26th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

Hehehehehe, ok… no cool things… BUT, thanks anyway Sony. Let put this hakers down!!!

+ MaD-KGN-GaMeR10 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

i wonder if copying movies off your computer onto your hard drive mess’s up the download cause that’s all i do besides play nhl 11

+ Cousy74 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

70 minutes after!!!

Not sure what worked. I turned off the modem , router and PS3. 9 tries and it finaly worked. Big problem Sony!

+ derek31539 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

I’m patched. Good luck to those of you who are still experiencing problems with the update, I hope Sony get’s it sorted out quickly.

+ gd0495 on January 26th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

+ ajayghosal on January 26th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

all sony does is security patches!! cross game chat?? custom soundtrack for all games? instant messages??

+ nathan_a on January 26th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

Wow .. installing. fingers crossed. Best of luck to everyone .. only took me 75 minutes and 10 tries.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 20