No Man's Sky

Chime Super Deluxe: Music Puzzle Game Coming Soon to PSN

Brynley Gibson's Avatar + Posted by Brynley Gibson on Jan 28, 2011 // Producer, Zoe Mode

I am proud to share some exciting news with you about our new game Chime Super Deluxe, which will be available to download soon from PSN. Chime Super Deluxe is a unique and addictive block puzzle game featuring an innovative music creation element. Players must cover a number of different grids with irregular shapes to form rectangular blocks called “quads.” Every shape and quad generates musical notes and phrases. As the grid is gradually covered, the song builds up in the background.

Working their way towards that elusive 100% coverage, players create a unique remix of the music every time they play. Its a very simple game mechanic idea but one that provides captivating and mesmerizing gameplay that will feed your aural senses like nothing else before.

“So what about the music?” I hear you ask. Well, we have a fantastic line up of music artists in the game who have allowed us to play around with their music tracks so that we can create this unique puzzle experience for you. The game comes with 10 music tracks and playable grids at launch and we can reveal 5 of these now. The other artists and tracks created exclusively for Chime Super Deluxe will be announced at a later date so keep checking back to the PlayStation.Blog for more details as we make them available.

The first five artist tracks are:

• “Ooh Yeah” – Moby
  • “Spilled Cranberries” – Markus Schulz
  • “Brazil” – Philip Glass
  • “For Silence” – Paul Hartnoll (Orbital)
  • “Disco Ghosts” – Fred Deakin (Lemon Jelly)

Chime Super Deluxe also supports two multiplayer modes which will allow players to “Chime” together, but more on how that works in a later post. We really can’t wait for you to play the game, which we think is easy to play but hard to master…having said that, we are sure that you will be spending hours trying to do just that!

We will have lots of competitions for you to enter so please be sure to visit the website, www.chimegame.com, ‘Like’ us on our Facebook page or follow the Zoe Mode studio on Twitter.

We promise to reveal more on the game very soon and announce the release date, but for now please enjoy our new teaser trailer which will hopefully intrigue you even more!

+ reson8er on January 28th, 2011 at 7:34 am said:

Welcome to the Blog! I’m intrigued by this, would love a video of actual gameplay.

+ Surfaced on January 28th, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

Aww yeah. PSN’s got it going on.

You have my support. Day one.

+ AmnesiaInnocent on January 28th, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

Yeah, I’m not sure why that “trailer” was included. Is it supposed to make us more interested in the game?

So a bunch of people think the game is innovative. So what? If it was complete enough to show off to get those quotes, it should be complete enough to give us a glimpse of gameplay…

+ LightAce on January 28th, 2011 at 7:40 am said:

I love all these music puzzle games, first Auditorium HD and now this. Also can you put up a gameplay video please!

+ FORMIK on January 28th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

The concept sounds cool. The music listed is great. The name of the game is kind of, well, lame. I look forward to hearing more about this game since I already enjoy other relaxing puzzlers like echochrome and Auditorium.

@3, I don’t think a trailer would serve a game like this much justice.

+ birchington on January 28th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

Yes please!

+ ShadowOfEden on January 28th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Will it be available on PSP as well?

+ atm153 on January 28th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Lovely game, are you going to be partnering with One Big Game for the PSN release?

+ KILLZONE79 on January 28th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

@9

lol i was asking the same to myself at the first question you asked.

+ futuristicos on January 28th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

Hi,

I was just wondering if we could get a little chime or sound whenever we receivd new messages/invites in the next firmware update. I sometimes receive invites/messages when I’m not looking at the screen without knowing until I back out to the xmb. Just thought I’d throw that out there. I don’t want a sound for friends coming online and offline though, that would just be annoying.

+ Winterwolf2010 on January 28th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

For All of those asking about a Game Video. Take notice the different color of the words “Chime Super Deluxe” in the very first sentence of the blog. clicking on it takes you straight to This website. http://www.chimegame.com/

Click on the box to your right, under screenshots & videos.
The game Videos will then be located toward the bottom.

Brynley Gibson's Avatar

+ Brynley Gibson on January 28th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

We’ve completely recreated the game visually, so those old screenshots on Chimegame.com won’t prepare you for what we have in store but don’t worry; we’ll be releasing more information soon enough!

+ stlthriot on January 28th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

If the music used in the trailer is anything like what will be in the game I am sold!! :D
But yeah, would love to see some gameplay.

Brynley Gibson's Avatar

+ Brynley Gibson on January 28th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

If you like the music in the teaser trailer then you’ll love what we have in game. Artists we’re big fans of created music especially for Chime Super Deluxe!

+ Revolutionary on January 28th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Damn, kind of wish I didn’t already have Chime for the PC. Oh well, this calls for a double dip!

+ PagingDrUgly on January 28th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

have it for xbox360 when it was associated with charity.

Brilliant stuff, will get this new version too. Can’t wait!

+ MrPink78 on January 28th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

I was hoping for some gameplay footage but I’m still intrigued.

+ rmartinez10 on January 28th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

I’m a fan of four of those five artists you have listed. Day 1 purchase over here.

+ VincentVendetta on January 28th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

How can you say it’s the Super Deluxe edition if there’s no “Still Alive”?

+ Kirkpad on January 28th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Still Alive is a steam exclusive.

However, this game looks like it will have 5 songs that no other version has. As well as revamped visuals, this is definitely super.

+ fathead170 on January 28th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

sounds lame i say scrap it an make a better game

+ Winterwolf2010 on January 28th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

@ Brynley Gibson. Right On. Looking forward for More Info About it. I am definitely going to be picking this one up once released. One thing to Note by looking at those videos on the website, (If you guys haven’t changed it too much) It looks somewhat similar to the game I have already, Lumines Supernova, Which I absolutely love. I am a big fan or pretty much any music based puzzle game out there. By the way, Have you guys decided on a set price yet?

+ MadMeat001 on January 28th, 2011 at 11:22 pm said:

it would do great on the ngp (psp2) :D

+ theultimatenub on January 29th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

sounds like an interesting concept

+ plaztiksyke on January 29th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

This looks really cool, but all music-oriented games on PSN so far have had really low audio quality. You have some great music content lined up, so please take advantage of the PS3’s HD audio capabilities if you expect any of us to pay more than we would for an iPhone game. (Note that HD audio doesn’t mean lossy-encode and then mix at 24-bit with ridiculously high volume.)

Color me cautiously optimistic :)

Brynley Gibson's Avatar

+ Brynley Gibson on January 30th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

We are extremely proud of our audio team; the quality of their work is impeccable and we certainly haven’t made any sacrifices as far as sound quality is concerned! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed :)

+ taurus82 on January 30th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

I’m a big fan of Orbital and Lemon Jelly, so seeing Paul and Fred’s solo efforts is a major selling point for me.
Any chance of getting tracks from Hybrid (UK breaks/electronica geniuses) or Darren Tate (UK DJ/Producer of melodic trance)?

+ MartiniGroove on January 31st, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

What an incredibly useless video. How about showing the game instead of some text and music that someone threw together at the last second?

Looking forward to seeing the game at some point as it does sound pretty interesting.

+ Killer_Mangos on January 31st, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

I love music rhythm/puzzle games and sadly, there aren’t enough of them on PSN. I’m super excited for this, especially since the genre of music is right up my ally for chilling out and getting lost in a game. =)