PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet Community Update – Resources Galore

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Jan 28, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3

Woot! LittleBigPlanet 2 is finally on store shelves and its been a crazy week in LBP2 activity, from our own Guinness Book of World Record Event to some EPIC viral videos:

With the game being played in PS3s around the world, I wanted to provide a quick “Who’s Who” and what to do when you’re not playing LBP, but thinking about it.

Official Resources!

In addition to our LittleBigPlanet.com re-design, new content on mediamolecule.com, and weekly community updates on our PS Blog, we wanted to make sure you know about a few more cool new web tools available including:

LittleBigMap: All the tweets, pictures, videos and even games all on one big map!

LittleBigMap

LBP.me: See who’s playing what and what games you want to play next! Complete with photos of games, user stats, user ratings, and

LBP.me

YouTube Goodness!

No doubt, your already subscribed to our official YouTube pages (US, UK, and Mm), but be sure to check out what our extended family in Australia has been up to. And don’t forget these guys for the latest and greatest in LBP videos…

Sackinima: Loving the machinima! Even better with LBP2!

ChimpanzeePS3 – Tons of EVERYTHING here!

LBP2Channel – Looking for levels to play?

LittleBigPlanet 2 Resources

Looking for some help? Our first recommendation is our ‘Uberly-huge’ strategy guide, but here are some of our other favorite sites to help:

LittleBigPlanet Wiki – Recently announced and immediately growing

LittleBigPlanet Wiki (Central)

S.T.A.R.S. (Simple Topic & Answer Registry System) – Go ahead, ask a question!

LittleBigPlanet 2 STARS

LittleBigPlanet Wikia – around since April 2007

Podcasts

We hope you enjoyed the latest MediaMolecule podcast. And if you’re in the mood for more be sure to bookmark our fans below for their latest episodes:

The LittleBigPodcast – Fresh with a new set ‘re-design’ and a ton of fun at our NYC event. Bonus montage below:

Sackcast – Officially back from a brief break, just in time for LBP2

LBPcast – Congrats on the recent anniversary of the show!

Fansites

LBPCentral – Creators unite!

LittleBigLand - Where I go for news!

LittleBigPlanetarium – Brand *new*, I just signed up!

LittleBigPlanetGalaxy – Always expanding!

LittleBigNetwork – Be sure to enter the “How To…” Contest!

LittleBigPlanetGuide – Love the re-design!

Sacktastic – Kicking off the new site with a Sackbot Contest!

Plagachef – The 2010 Christmas calendar was epic!

LiBiPl.net – Always a unique insight into LBP!

Did we miss anyone? Feel free to post in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to get everyone on our radar – and hopefully highlight their/your efforts on upcoming LBP Community Posts!

Have fun with LittleBigPlanet 2, and keep those custom levels coming.

PAGE 1 2

+ JLP_M on January 28th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

Nice to show channels that have LBP vids. I just started to as well

+ Elex163 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

S.T.A.R.S Special Tactics And Rescue Squad. Resident Evil Baby!

+ VashioKun on January 28th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

This photo is private.

Oops! You don’t have permission to view this photo.

+ TheMoronMike on January 28th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet 2 SuperGuide: http://tinyurl.com/4j5k3ef

+ Permafry_42 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Future dlc suggestions (map packs for the ones that already have costume dlc): Mirror’s Edge, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Modnation, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Space costumes (earth costume, moon costume, sun costume, mars costume, etc.), Tron, Wall-e, Harry Potter, Lego, spongebob, looney toons, thatgamecompany (flow, flower, flowest… i mean Journey), Half Life, Portal, Calvin and Hobbes, Scribblenauts, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Toy Story, Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, Kingdom Hearts, DigDug, Tatsunoko, Studio Ghibli, Bioshock, Dead Space, Super Meat Boy, Fat Princess, Final Fantasy (especially 1-9), Futurama, Pac-man, Megaman, Street Fighter, and anything else Mm feels would make good dlc =D

+ Permafry_42 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

oh and also World Mythology dlc (like Greek, Roman, Japanese, etc.)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

Good list. Hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised when we reveal ours…

+ pulsemap on January 28th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

You forgot LBPcentral! It’s my most trusted resource. :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

I didn’t forget! (Its the first one listed…)

+ remanutd5 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

i know this is off topic but who is developing Little Big Planet for NGP ? and i saw 2 sackboys on screen at the same time , is it gonna support co op online game play ?

+ SmokeAdellic on January 28th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

2 big problems I’m having on lbp2(Only on main account profile).
1:My sackboy won’t move his head.
2:My sackboy can’t swim.
Any news on a patch 4 this?!

+ Excalibur0123 on January 28th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

I NEED DLC I HAVE A PSN CARD THAT I WANT TO SPEND ON A. FINAL FANTASY (IF IT EVER COMES OUT) B. TRON C. TOY STORY and D. MUPPETS please people give a boy a wish come true :|

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

Hopefully you got the Collectors Edition to take care of B, C & D.

+ PaperCarrier on January 28th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I wish LBP2 had a built-in YouTube uploader.

+ StevenI on January 28th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

It’s great to see the LittleBigPlanet Wiki on the list of LittleBigPlanet 2 Resources. :)
Even if we do cover the other LittleBigPlanet titles too… ;)

The Wiki Team worked hard to have the Wiki ready for release in time for LittleBigPlanet 2′s own release and we cannot wait to see the LittleBigPlanet Community’s contributions to the site. :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Good point Steven! All of the wiki’s cover all the games don’t they…

+ NEJI64 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

Will we see LBP globe in LBP 2 as dlc…

+ johnnyblades on January 28th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

That LittleBigMap is amazing. Kudos to the web developers behind it and the rest of LBP.me.

+ MapleStory on January 28th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

LBP2 is incredible and lbp.me was one of the greatest ways possible to keep the community in touch with what’s new and to help us spread word of our stages with others, thanks to the queue system. :) How soon can we be expecting new dlc? I already own everything you’ve guys have thrown in there since LBP1′s launch! lol!

+ StevenI on January 28th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

The wikis certainly do cover all of the games.
Although it’s safe to say that LittleBigPlanet 2 is definitely our new favourite of the bunch. :)

+ saab01 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

Any news on when the infinite loading glitch will be patched???? Other than that im loving this game.

+ TapDatApp on January 28th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

Hey Mark! Alex here from Sacktastic™, just wanted to say thanks for the mention. It’s always truly an honor to be acknowledged by PlayStation ^_^

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Thank you for keeping the community going!

+ DZORMAGEN on January 28th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

When will we get to see new DLC for this game? I know the game just came out but I want new Disney DLC that you guys promised back in E3!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

I’m trying to remember what we announced at E3? 2 years ago @ E3, we talked about Disney DLC (Incredibles & Pirates of the Caribbean). Which are out now. Was there more?

+ Leather-Monkeys on January 28th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Thanks for mentioning Sackinima. We’ve just reached 1,000,000 views and now this. Thank you! :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on January 28th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Congrats on reaching the 1M milestone!!!

+ Moleynator on January 28th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Yeah, thanks! Me and Leather-Monkeys run Sackinima and have some awesome stuff planned for the near future. :)

+ b-coli on January 28th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up on our contest over at LittleBigNetwork.com Mark :o)

people get those tutorial levels coming :o) especially if you want to win all LBP2 DLC for this year ;o)

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on January 28th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Any news on that Sephiroth costume? Is square enix being greedy and asking for too much to use it? Lol

+ lewis1992 on January 28th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

More great additions to the LBP community!!

I began making a series of podcasts back in November called the LBP Unsung Heroes podcasts, that were designed to show off really good levels that just hadn’t been noticed by the community. Sadly, not many people were bothering to watch it and even fewer seemed to be finding it particularly useful! However, I may resurrect the show for LBP2 :)

+ Curtisio on January 28th, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

A lot of info to take in. I think we need a online resource to collect these resources!

+ Excalibur0123 on January 28th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

@9 Mark’s Comment

Yep I sure did but I want more please Febuary 3rd is the anniversy of geting my PS3 and I need something special and you said that you guys already have a list of stuff (DLC) to unveil at one time when do you think that you’ll be showing us this list and if you can answer this it would be great could you A give us a hint of one DLC we don’t know about yet and B is Final Fantasy a DLC on the list :P

+ NESGamepro on January 28th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

LBP2 is a really great game, I’ve had a lot of fun so far and I’m looking forward to all the community levels that people are working hard on right now.

+ LBDreamWorld on January 28th, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Great resource guide! I will definitely have to use this in the future. May I make one suggestion tho and suggest that LBDreamWorld.com be added as a fansite?

+ kLuMb-Z on January 28th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Some of my stuff gets a big red ! on them and I cant use them any idea how to stop that?

+ Excalibur0123 on January 28th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

@26 I take that as a no? LOL

+ Ed243 on January 28th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

Mark u also promise disney princess costumes and I think that was it besides the ones in the playstation store right now

+ DZORMAGEN on January 28th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

Mark I also remember the Disney Princess @E3, and also I think you guys mentioned something with Mickey Mouse and Friends!

+ DZORMAGEN on January 28th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

also I would love to see some stickers with the Princess ones so I can make sweet fairy tale levels! :)

+ spocar on January 28th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

make costumes of kain, raziel and ariel from the game soul reaver please :). LBP 4EVER

+ silverthehedgeh on January 28th, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

any bug fixes yet that you can report on load times are just to long for MP

+ PalacinkoSVK on January 29th, 2011 at 12:17 am said:

I love World of LBP more than this colorless reality :)

+ Domick12 on January 29th, 2011 at 4:10 am said:

Thanks for so much good new about LittleBigPlanet!

I just want to add one more LBP fun site place – littlebigrussia.ru .

It is exclusive Russian LBP community fun site. In Russia we have many good creators and funs of LBP, but Russian language we have only on new lbp.me official site. On littlebigplanet.com there is no Russian language. So littlebigrussia.ru site is the only place where russian funs and cretors can find news about LittleBigPlanet. Of course on some others Russian gaming sites and forums you also can find lbp news, but only littlebigrussia.ru published exclusively news from LittleBigPlanet world!

So welcome to our site! And it will be cool if you add our site to your fun sites list!

+ Tyler_stewart on January 29th, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

LBP2Blog.com!!!

+ theultimatenub on January 29th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

nice ima check some of this now

+ zabelzerolp on January 29th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

You Guys and Girls are geniuses this video is AMAZING.

+ brianR on January 29th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

LBP 1 AND 2 are the best . any word on a new LBP for PSP or the new NPG

+ barnaclejoe on January 29th, 2011 at 10:03 pm said:

I REALLY hope the first DLC pack will include the PS-MOVE material found in Prehistoric Moves.

I really want to play around with that in the editor, and even more so, I want to see what the LBP community can create with that!

+ enzatot on January 30th, 2011 at 6:32 am said:

The LBP community is very incredible. I’ve all LBP games, LittleBigPlanet 1 was memorable, LittleBigPlanet PSP was a very great game for a console portable but LittleBigPlanet 2 IS a platform for games, infinite. I’m italian and I’ve played LBP on PS3 for 2 years ago, I’m getting start now LBP2 for more years

+ ivy_182 on January 30th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Hi there, I was wondering why the smacking is so different on LBP2? Its a whole lot easier to smack the sack characters on the first game than part 2. I know it sounds pretty mean, but its so funny to do when you’re playing with your friends.

+ ZERO_x000 on January 30th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

hi first than anything lbp is a great game and i love it.
i have some dlc suggestions ,consider it please :silent hill(imagine sackboy as pyramid head ,or harry manson,james sunderland or a monster!, a sackgirl could be Heather ,Cybil Bennett, a bubble head nurse or maria ,resident evil (includes a jill valentine and nemesis costumes from re3 plaese)mortal kombat ,meganman x or other capcom heroes,final fantasy and of course uncharted.
greetings from MEXICO :D

+ kLuMb-Z on January 30th, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

Uncharted DlC Please!!

+ zBaH- on January 30th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

Yea Uncharted DLC Would be Sweet.

+ jwwphotos on January 31st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

You forgot someone in YouTube Goodness! :(

RemoteMoonProductions

Great videos about great and interesting creators. We are the Creator Spotlight team on LBPCentral.com and host our videos on YouTube. Looks behind the scenes at some of your favorite creators as well as a funny LBP storyline starring our zany cast of characters.

I know we are a favorite of Spaff!! :)

+ angelspawn77 on January 31st, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

Has the multiplayer been fixed in lbp2 yet? Such as the infinite loading glitch that doesn’t let you join anyone? I havent been on in a few days since I was on vacation, but if it hasn’t been resolved, can you guys please get a fix out soon, I love the game, but the MP needs to work to get the maximum fun out of it.

+ BPatches701 on February 1st, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Please fix the bug where you can’t see stickers you place unless you take a picture of them because it’s getting VERY annoying. Thanks for fixing the online part although it’s still slow it works good now.

PAGE 1 2