Driveclub

Plants Vs Zombies Coming Soon to PSN!

Jeff Green's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Green on Jan 28, 2011 // Director of Editorial and Social Media, PopCap Games

Hello everyone! I have some bad news for you, courtesy of PopCap Games! The zombies are coming again, straight for your house, and they are—how should we put this—hungering for your brains. And, you know, that just can’t be good.

Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)

Yes, Plants Vs. Zombies, our splendiferous strategy game that pits loveable eco-friendly plant life against undead, traffic-cone-wearing, brain-eating zombies, is coming soon to PSN. And the only thing we can tell you, if you don’t want your brains to be part of a delicious and wholesome zombie lunch—perhaps with a side of intestines, or maybe some foie gras—is that you get your plants ready hold ‘em back.

Perhaps you did not know that plants are an effective weapon against zombies. Perhaps you weren’t aware, for example, that flinging a slab of butter from a Kernel-pult at an approaching, fly-specked, dentally-challenged zombie would temporarily freeze him in place, allowing your trusty pea-shooters to pummel him with abandon.

If you did not know this, then I humbly submit that you are woefully and shamefully ill-prepared for the upcoming apocalypse. And you only have yourself to blame. The solution? Thank you for asking. We here at PopCap recommend that you pick up Plants Vs. Zombies for PSN. It will teach you everything you need to know to stop the zombies from eating your oh-so-delicious-especially-with-a-lovely-glass-of-Chardonnay brains.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ mew_frenger on January 28th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

yay!
price?

+ thrawn3d on January 28th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Nice, I was holding off on getting it for PC hoping it would come out on PSN.

+ Chaos200786 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

No mention of price or release date…is it 1080p or 720? trophies? Multiplayer?

+ Mikuz on January 28th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

I love you Jeff Green

But PC is the best platform for this game

+ datoupee on January 28th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Why would you post this without a time period for launch ? Strange days…

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

I’m not allowed to post the launch day! I must answer to my masters, who wield large cattle prods. Electric ones.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

I love you too! But here on the PlayStation Blog, I think we can all agree that the PlayStation is the best platform, don’t you think?

(WARNING: THEY ARE WATCHING US)

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

I’m gonna write a second post–WHEN THEY LET ME–that will tell you the details y’all want to know!

+ Mikuz on January 28th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

I DO NOT FEAR THEM JEFF!!

I FEAR NO EVIL WHEN JEFF GREEN IS WITH ME

+ mikedo2007 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

I knew Plant vs Zombie would come to PSN sooner or later. Thanks for announcing the game. Will it be a Minis or a full game for PS3 and/or PSP?

+ V_Ben on January 28th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Jeff Green ladies and gentlemen!

(Golf clap)

Awesome news :)

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

Getting a golf clap on the Official PlayStation Blog might be the single greatest highlight of my career.

+ LightAce on January 28th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

how bout some move support?

+ J-0_K_3-R_______ on January 28th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

from steam now on ps3.

simply amazing!

+ iTofuMan on January 28th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

Very nice. while i have it for my ipod and PC i would love to have it on my ps3/psp.

With that i must ask is it only for ps3? or will it be able to be played on the psp as well?

+ boneyardweller89 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

Idk if I’m excited about this yet. I was excited about Angry Birds until I found out it was a mini, meaning no trophies, HD, etc.

+ PatriotEyez27 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

AMAZING!!!!!

I love this game,played it on PC and on my iPhone.

Can’t wait!

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Move support?

+ DHILIFE on January 28th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

I’ll be definitely triple dipping on this game (iPhone & iPad.) Hope it supports Move controls.

+ Speed-Racer42 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

Finally Plants vs Zombies for my PS3. Now Jeff please make my day and say this can be played on the PSP too. I want to kill zombies on the go too. Please help me Jeff. All Zombies must die!!!

+ dFUSE on January 28th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Yay for Mr Green! Always enjoy hearing you on assorted podcasts! Thanks for the announcement and its about bloody time :) Maybe you can tease the Bejeweled 3 on PS3 announcement also… or wait maybe i just beat you to it.

+ Neo-Cybermario on January 28th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

excellent news! hmm large cattle prods, kinky.

+ BinkyMelnik on January 28th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

@Jeff Green:

“large cattle prods. Electric ones”: What other kind are there? Acid-spewing ones?

(As a farmer’s daughter, I must point out that there are not, thankfully, acid-spewing cattle-prods.)

Plants vs Zombies takes up too much of my life on my iPod as it is. I’m not sure that this is good news. If it comes with a lot of silver and gold trophies, though, I just may change my tune.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

Yeah, I revealed my sissified, city upbringing there, didn’t I?

Oddly, cattle prods aren’t really part of the life of middle-class LA jews. OR AT LEAST THAT’S WHAT WE TELL YOU.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

I do not know about:

PSP support
Move support
release date

To sum up: I am useless!

(However I can tell you that WOW upside-down is MOM.)

+ spunnups on January 28th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

Already have it for the iTouch. What’s the incentive to pick it up for the PS3 as well? Please respond. Thanks.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Well the incentive for us is that we make more money.

Oh, wait, you meant the incentive for YOU! Errr…well, the more versions of PvZ you have, the higher your quality of life will be. Also, you’ll just be that much more attractive to members of the opposite sex. Or same sex. Whatever you’re into, really.

As to unique PS3/PSN features: I’m sworn to secrecy. Also, I don’t know. See above comment from me re: my uselessness.)

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Well… then will there be plants fighting zombies? D:

+ zopi-san on January 28th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

mini?

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

OR zombies fighting plants!?!?!

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Any difference between this version and iPhone version?

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

I know that the screen is bigger!

(And I’ll have a real answer when they let me post again about it :) )

+ KIT-_-KAT on January 28th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

i was looking into this one itouch, but might pick it up for ps3 instead

+ The1stMJC on January 28th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

Well the incentive for us is that we make more money.

Gotta love the truth. I for one have never played Plants vs. Zombies and look forward to see what all the kids have been talking about.

+ CodyGray on January 28th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

This guy is hilarious! You, Jeff Green, should post/comment more often!

+ Chipper on January 28th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Shame it took so long to finally come to the PSN but either way my son would kill me if I didn’t get it for him. He wants it for every system we have.

I am curious, does this version include the Michael Jackson Thriller dance or is it the new dance effect? Not sure if Popcap ever resolved the copyright issue or not.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

I do not believe the King of Pop will appear in any more versions of PvZ. Cue Shakespeare’s line about lawyers.

+ Arbusteiro on January 28th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

hahahahaha This is awesome! And awesome blog post

Gonna buy this again on PSN just because of this post(also to help keep Jeff in a job for more than one year, hopefully.)

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

thanks mom! :)

+ driver4_ on January 28th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Lol @ comments. But alright, it’s nice to see this sweet game coming to PSN.

+ tbt924 on January 28th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

NICE. I’ve been asking and pleading and begging (in my mind) please please please PopCap, please come to Sony in all ways, especially PvZ! My prayers have been answered! Thanks Jeff Green, for the good news, your uselessness, and of course, just being you.

<3 tbt.

+ Kane22_ on January 28th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Dang i love how we had to wait months after the 360 version came out. so why did we have to wait for so long and i bet we still have to pay the same amount like the 360 version don’t we which is $14.99. i hate how u developers treat us like were crap to u but complain when your games don’t sell well on the ps3 i wonder why. whatever i can only imagine the bs excuse. if u even bother to answer me.

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

I have no idea what the price is going to be. If it were up to me personally, I’d give it away for free, because I’m from Berkeley and a bit of a communist. I’m sorry you feel like we’re treating you like “crap”—there are always a million factors in play when developers figure out which stuff goes on which platforms, and when. In an ideal world, everything would be a simultaneous launch across all platforms, but it doesn’t always work that way. Sorry I don’t really have a better answer for you than that!

+ xLuckydawgx on January 28th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

@Kane22_ stop your complainging jk i agree……

+ OnslaughtCometh on January 28th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

About time.

+ dragon_night on January 28th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Jeff green FTW. Sign my leg

+ dragon_night on January 28th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Jeff green FTW. Sign my pants!!! Cause I don’t have any plants for you :(

+ Jeff Green on January 28th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

I will sign anything you send me.

(Note: Please don’t send me your leg. Or your pants. Actually, never mind. Don’t send me anything.)

+ mcougar on January 28th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

VIDEO!!!!!

+ Culoslap on January 28th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

You will get my money for this game.

+ Draicus on January 28th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

What’s the average postage on a leg?

+ eyesofreality03 on January 28th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

this is too awesome, thanks for the great news!

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on January 28th, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

this sucks… I just bought it on pc. than my brother had to go get an ipod that can play it and NOW its on ps3…

+ T3mpr1x on January 28th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Lol Mr. Green your “useless” comments are quite funny, thanks for the laughs.

+ nino1911 on January 28th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

FREE BEAR!
now that i got your attention any plans to also do an NGP/PSP2?

+ JetSetFuture on January 28th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Any plans for a Plants vs. Zombies dynamic theme?

+ Buddyleej on January 28th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Zuma’s Revenge please :)

+ Lugoves on January 28th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Already had it on steam. But , I’ll get it again if it supports trophies.

PAGE 1 2 3