Minecraft PS4

Slam Bolt Scrappers Bursts onto PSN in March with Innovative “Beverage Mode”

Eitan Glinert's Avatar + Posted by Eitan Glinert on Jan 28, 2011 // Creative Director aka Fire Chief, Fire Hose Games

Slam Bolt Scrappers:

Ah, March. Home to Mardi Gras, the Equinox, and Pi Day. Now you can add one more celebration-worthy event to that list: It’s when Slam Bolt Scrappers, the new indie game, will be hitting the PlayStation Network!

If you are wondering “What is this awesome and likely epic game I’ve never heard of?” then boy do we have some good news for you! A unique blend of brawling and building mayhem, Slam Bolt Scrappers is a one-to-four player party game where you fight and simultaneously build crazy weapon-growing towers.

Slam Bolt Scrappers: Robot Boss

The game features a co-op campaign where up to four players can work together against super-smart enemy AIs, and giant bosses with anger management issues. We’re also bringing back couch play with a four-way battle mode where those same friends can duke it out for hours and hours while shouting at each other and the TV. The game even has a beverage mode where you can play with one hand while using the other to multitask and enjoy a tasty drink. Sweet!

We’ve been hammering away these past few months and we’re happy to say that oh man this game is getting wicked fun. We’re putting the finishing touches on it now so that it’ll be extra shiny for the March release. In the mean time enjoy these new screens! And be sure to check out the Slam Bolt Scrappers website for more updates as we get closer and closer to the drop date. We’ll be putting up more images, concept art, and videos, as well as descriptions of our new characters, levels, and weapons. This is one PlayStation Network game you don’t want to miss!

Slam Bolt Scrappers:

+ DZORMAGEN on January 28th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

This looks interesting! Any videos we can see?

+ Surfaced on January 28th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

OMFG the past two days have been crazy here on the Blog

Sony slow down!
Our wallets can’t repel content of this magnitude!

+ miker619 on January 28th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

OMG BATTLE TETRIS @_@

+ jonathan_val on January 28th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Online co-op ???

+ bbonds_007 on January 28th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Should have called the new mode “Sandwhich mode” because “beverage mode” makes it sound like its some kind of drinking game lol.

Eitan Glinert's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on January 28th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

Ha! AWESOME. We love this comment – one of the guys is actually playing beverage mode while eating a sandwich right now. So we can confirm that YES, SANDWICH MODE IS A GO :)

+ dragon_night on January 28th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

Pixeljunk shooter 2????

+ PlasmaGlory on January 28th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

I actually got to play-test this because of that call for testers here on PSB. I can say from first-hand experience that it’s really fun, and I look forward to playing the final version when it’s released.

Eitan Glinert's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on January 28th, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

Thanks PlasmaGlory! Trust me, it’s gotten EVEN BETTER than the version you played. We can’t wait until the game drops in a few weeks, you’re going to love it!

+ Kirkpad on January 28th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Hmm, another great looking game. It will be time to delete some PSN games off my hard drive soon.

+ kassatsu on January 28th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Everyone should buy this game! One of the best games I played at Pax Prime last September.

What up Eitan. (This is Chris from PSNStores, btw)

+ Shin-Ra on January 28th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Anti-aliasing, please. The game will look so much better.

+ F-minus on January 28th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

Eitan,

I see what was done there in that 1st Screen… “PSN!” Clever… I missed it the first few looks at it, I wonder if anyone else happened to notice the handy work?

Ill be looking forward to seeing more on Slam Bolt, Beverage Mode Puts a nice refreshing spin on a classic!

–See what i did there… I kill myself…. Its all about the little things in life isnt it!?

+ Seshat on January 28th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Is The campaign co-op designed for couch, online, both, or even simultaneous couch online?

+ XxBlackcat008xX on January 28th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

There is a long line of comments/jokes that I want to make from my sessions with Alec but I don’t know what I can and can’t say T_T.

+ Jeo on January 28th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

Is there a demo slated? This looks like a day 1 purchase, but a demo would make me feel much more comfortable.

Eitan Glinert's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on January 28th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

I totally hear you! We love demos here, try before you buy for these kinds of games is awesome.

So YES, barring any weird bugs or last minute problems the game will come with a demo. SWEET :)

+ AAAChampions on January 28th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Day one purchase for me. I saw it at PAX East last year and loved what I saw.

+ FoomMan on January 28th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

If you watch this, you’ll see me (the brunette on the left) and a bunch of other Ghostbusters playing Slam Bolt Scrappers at PAX East, 2010. The game is a blast- a must buy.

+ Blkant on January 28th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

Looks kind of trippy. Good trippy. I’ll have to put this one on my radar :)

+ dragon_frost on January 28th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

@Eitan Glinert..is there any playstation move & stereoscopic 3D support & do you plan on making any games that support both if this game dose not?

+ fathead170 on January 28th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

with lame and unispired game play

+ theultimatenub on January 29th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

looks like an interesting concept

+ PureSharpness on January 29th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

This looks like an amped up version of ps1 team buddies with the bigger you build the better the weapon deal, love the 2d style cant wait to try it out.