PS4-Watch_Dogs

Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Update

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Feb 01, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

We’ve spent today in London demoing our two upcoming PS3 exclusives, Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, to members of the press. This marks the first time anyone outside Insomniac has played both games. In addition, we’re showing new levels and content.

We realize it’s not entirely fair that only the press gets to see what’s new, so we wanted to make sure we brought it here to the PlayStation.Blog as well.

Resistance 3

Resistance 3: LonglegsResistance 3: Hulk

The Resistance 3 demo takes place in Haven, Oklahoma. Our new hero, former Sentinel Joseph Capelli, has taken up arms with his fellow Haven citizens to defend the town from Chimeran forces. The fighters are trying to buy enough time for an evacuation of Haven, as a Chimeran terraformer is closing on the city and threatens to wipe it off the map. As the battle wages on and the terraformer nears, you see the wind begin to pick up… and then the Chimeran Brawler arrives to turn the tide of the battle.

Watch the new PlayStation Experience trailer for Resistance 3 here, and click here for more new screenshots.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Dr. Nefarious must cross through a dangerous Seaside Village on Planet Magnus to reach their next destination. The fearsome foursome will have to use several weapons in their arsenal, including the returning Combuster and the Warmonger rocket launcher. In All 4 One, when players combine to use the same weapon, such as the storm-cloud generating Thundersmack, they can create even more devastating effects. But players can also specialize and use different weapons, such as when one player uses the Arc Lasher kinetic energy whip to stun an enemy while allies blast it with their own weapons. The choice is up to you and your friends in All 4 One as you explore and try to unravel the mysteries of the Creature Collector.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: Thundersmack

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: King_SepiadRatchet & Clank: All 4 One: King_Sepiad_02

That’s all for now – we hope you enjoyed this updated look at what we’ve been working on. Be sure to follow us on Twitter or become a fan of us on Facebook to catch the latest on both Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and much more.

PAGE 1 2

+ G-Force08 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Can someone help me pick my jaw up off of the ground?

Kudos all over the place to you guys there at Insomniac games. I cant wait for these games. Long time R&C fan and loved Resistance 1&2. Cant wait for these at all.

*btw* Those chimera look BEAST

+ dragonleader33 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Cant wait for both of these games. Insomniac rarely lets us down and both of these are shaping up to be awesome!

+ iLLtOwN_bAbY on February 1st, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

FIRST. Wheres the vid for resistance tho? :(

+ oFelipeNFo on February 1st, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

AWESOME!!!

+ Berae on February 1st, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Both look very nice! Cant wait for more infos and some R3 new gameplay video lol

+ Go_Buddie_Go on February 1st, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Thanks for the update, Resistance 3 is coming along great! Too bad we don’t get new gameplay footage of Resistance 3 but having footage of R&C:All 4 One is just as good.

+ utopianacht on February 1st, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

nice… :)

+ BigBadBob113 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

How about passing along the press demo of Resistance 3 to us dedicated PlayStation Plus members?

November can’t come soon enough!

+ yazter on February 1st, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

Well there be a trophy requiring 10,000 kills this time? That’s what put me off Resistance 2.

Oh and yeah I do base my decision on these things because it’s my money and I do with it as I see fit.

+ G-Force08 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

@#9- Zabelzerolp and @#3- iLLtown_baby

There is a link to the video right in the article. Dont just post quickly and skim over the article. Take time to read. Sheesh

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 1st, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing that out =)

+ Butters360 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

Awesomesauce. Resistance 3 is jaw dropping. The Chimeran Brawler looks like he is going to be a bitch to kill.

+ Shacojin on February 1st, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

2011 PlayStation 3 will destroy the competition… then in 2012 the world blows up or we get invaded by Chimera :-p

+ lcmnick on February 1st, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

Thanks for sharing, James.

I HATE it when developers share things with the press, but the actual fans get nothing but an embargo.

Good on Insomniac.

+ deathkingdome on February 1st, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Guys there is a R3 video on the EU blog.

+ dreddi1 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

THE R3 VIDEO IS LIVE ON THE EU BLOG! :P
(I know i used too much caps but it’s for a really good reason)
It looks f-ing amazing!!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on February 1st, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Make Ratchet All 4 One cross platform and allow me to have both my PS3 and PSP2 copy for one price like Portal 2 is doing and you got yourself a sale.

+ Wozman23 on February 1st, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I don’t think my brain can handle what it just processed. Both games look absolutely amazing!

+ Berae on February 1st, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

@10 Bigbadbob113

Some good news for you, Its coming out in September so you wont have to wait those 2 extra months ;)

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on February 1st, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

I’ve never played any Ratchet games, but I’m a huge Resistance fan and all I can say after watching that trailer is that you guys definitely upped the ante for R3.

I can’t wait.

+ frogdude22 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

@9 Too hard to read the article ?

Looks EPIC!

+ Thane_of_Fife on February 1st, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Both games look amazing, gonna pick both, long time insomniac fan…

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

…wow, all-4-one looks bigger than i expected

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 1st, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

It’s a full fledged Ratchet & Clank game. As big and as awesome as any of the other ones =)

+ remanutd5 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

man , they both look EPIC !!!! Resistance is BACK!!!!!!!!! cant wait to play them both , oh and James i have questions for you , who is developing Resistance NGP ? is there going to be any sort of connectivity between the 2 games ? Resistance 3 and Resistance NGP ? now that the next playstation portable will be powerful enough to play ps3 games , are we going to be able to play any of these 2 games on NGP ? anyways they both look EPIC !!! cant wait to play both but im really really excited to see Resistance getting back at its roots ( weapon wheel FTW !!!! )

+ AguilarX on February 1st, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

hmmm…..my wallet is starting to stare at me in really weird way.
avid ratchet n resistance fan here! thanks James, any news soon on when the EA n insomniac game will be revealed? we cant w8 till e3

+ SykoTech on February 1st, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Despite being a huge R&C fanboy, I wasn’t really feeling excited for it. But that trailer certainly made me think otherwise. Guess I’m aboard the hype train now!

Can’t wait to see what your new IP is like.

+ BigRon3400 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

I’m buying both of these games on release. No doubt.

+ Dragun619 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Please tell me these awesome amazing trailers are gonna be on the PSN store toady! I must show these trailers to my bro in best quality.

Also, is Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One a full retail game? Or is it a download title. Or both?

I have to say I am totally impressed with R3, looks like a major leap from R2 and R1. Plus that Weapon wheel looks awesome. I just want to let you guys know, I’ve been a fan of Insomniac since Ratchet and Clank one on PS2, and so far I’ve been enjoyed all the games you’ve guys released. Other than that, keep up the good work. Even though I’m running tight with my money, I’m gonna buy these games day one.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 1st, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

The videos won’t be up on the store today, but should be up in a few weeks.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is going to be a full retail release!

+ Weshzu on February 1st, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

so everything this game has to offer has 4 players offline? if so sweet i’ve had ratchet and clank before never played came with ds3 bundle but this is one game i’m excited. instant purchase for me for multiplayer games!

+ Weshzu on February 1st, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

that why i love LBP2 so much cant wait to play with a bunch of my friends over the course of 2 months >.<

+ Blkant on February 1st, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

That hulk thing looks way too R2-ish, comically so… Makes me nervous of another R2 ordeal…

+ DarkRecoil on February 1st, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Hey James, any chance of the Original Resistance getting a re-release on the PlayStation Store for us late comers?

+ ERC1980 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

holy cow that is awesome mr stevenson

insomniac, why must you force me to spend my hard earned cash with such AAA games

+ zekececil14 on February 1st, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

I love the new multiplayer, but I hope we sill still see R&C in single player action like ACIT. Maybe even with Team Deathmatch style multiplayer online! =D

+ Mucudadada on February 1st, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

This whole 2 games from Insomniac in the fall thing is kind of an overdose of awesome.

+ LightAce on February 1st, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

too many games this year for PS3, too many choices, why so many choices!

+ twistedfloyd on February 1st, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Resistance 3 looks sick. I haven’t really played any Ratchet games, so I’m not that interested in that, but R3 is a sure fire purchase for me. Loved R2 and really dug R1. Glad to see the weapon wheel return! There’s nothing quite like shooting Chimera!

+ Ska-Boom on February 1st, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

I love the Ratchet and Clank games and I’m really excited to be able to play All 4 One coop with my friends. Keep up the great work!

+ Hellman on February 1st, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Resistance3 looks freaking awesome I’m very impressed! Defiently going to buy the game.

+ Korbei83 on February 1st, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

All 4 One looks awesome.

+ oktx39 on February 1st, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Can’t wait to play All 4 One. Will be getting both.

+ Ethereal on February 1st, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

R3 looks epic. EU blog video was amazing. Can’t wait to play this at E3! Keep up the good work!

+ TheGuardianFID on February 1st, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

WOW, just WOW, you guys have outdone your selves, outstanding!!! 0_o 8)

+ XenoNative on February 1st, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

resistance 3 is looking better and better everytime i see it. to be honest it was the only series in the playstation library that wasnt up to par with its brother. titles like killzone2, uncharted 1&2, god of war3 were freakin stunning to look at. im glad that resistance 3 has finally join the ranks.

+ Airwalkinman17 on February 1st, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

@dreddi1 #16
[DELETED]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just seen the Resistance 3 video from the European Blog.
OMG! WOW! I’ve never yelled out “oh my god” while watching a preview off the internet! Insomniac, R3 looks amazing! When I seen the Weapon Wheel get pulled up I almost sharted! I was like,
“OH CRAP” plus, to know that it’ll have split screen. Double omg!
The new Bullseye, and the tracer effect it had. The marksmann looked so [DELETED] too! I loved the way the entire environment was moving from the strong gusts of wind, awesome effect. It really gave it a feeling of it being alive.
Overall, wow. I pre-ordered last month. will be upgrading to collectors edition as soon as its announced. Thanks and keep up the good work. I’ll be buying A4O too btw! :D

+ reson8er on February 1st, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

WEAPON WHEEL IS BACK BABY!

Video was amazing! you guys are seem to be pulling out all the stops for this. Hopefully this vid will go up on the EU or NA PS Store soon so I can see it in 720/1080p *hint hint*

+ NotoriousGamer on February 1st, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

R3 new Video above.

R3 is looking real real good. I think Resistance is ready to take back the FPS crown back from KZ.

+ Joe-TFW on February 1st, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Resistance 3 is going to eat up so much of my free time when it comes out. Everything about this game looks pretty stellar. Loved Resistance 2, and still pop it in. Can not wait.

+ Brameriz on February 1st, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

I can’t wait until Resistance 3 come out #TeamBON

+ Vu_Prime on February 1st, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Me loves Ratchet and Clank. Me can’t wait for this one.

PAGE 1 2