PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Free Day One Download of Stacking and Exclusive Demos for Killzone 3 and Yakuza 4

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 03, 2011 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to share that over the next two weeks, our subscribers will be receiving a download of a highly anticipated PlayStation Network game and demos for two upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusives. With that said, let’s jump into our two upcoming PlayStation Plus publishes.

Tim Schafer and the brilliant minds over at Double Fine are releasing Stacking next Tuesday, and PlayStation Plus subscribers are getting a free download of the game the day it hits the PlayStation Store! Take control of Charlie Blackmore, a small matryoshka dolls, as you explore the diorama-like levels. Much like previous Double Fine games (Costume Quest & Psychonauts), expect some great humor and gameplay in this new adventure title.

Killzone 3 multiplayer open beta Yakuza 4 for PS3

Along with Stacking, PlayStation Plus subscribers are receiving exclusive demos to two upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusives. On February 8, we will be releasing a special PlayStation Plus update giving all PlayStation Plus subscribers exclusive access to a single player demo for Killzone 3. Killzone fans will get the first look at how the war between the ISA and Helghast has changed now that the fight has been moved to the Helghast’s homeland. The demo will be an Auto Download, so make sure you have the feature enabled (Check this post for more info on Automatic Downloads). On February 15, in our regular publish, we will be offering a demo for the upcoming sequel to SEGA’s Yakuza series, Yakuza 4. Fans of the series will get a taste of the criminal underbelly of Japan as four playable characters.

We are also offering a download of Let’s Golf, a golfing PlayStation minis title from Gameloft, a full game trial of ATV Pure, and several discounts on PSN games DLC, including new downloadable content for R.U.S.E. and Crash Bandicoot.

With the special publish coming up next Tuesday, be sure to check the full list below for all the items that are going up and being taken down for the PlayStation Plus publishes:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 2/8:

Automatic Download
Killzone 3 Single Player Demo (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Featured Game
Stacking (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $14.99)

Featured Qore Episode
Qore February Episode 33 (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)

Featured Avatars
Pocket Fighter Avatars (x6) (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49 each)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 2/15:

Full Game Trial
ATV Pure (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Featured Demo
Yakuza 4 Demo

Featured Games
Let’s Golf – Playstation minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)

Discounted Games & DLC
Blacklight Tango Down (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)
R.U.S.E. – Pack of the Sun (PlayStation Plus price $7.49, regular price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PS3) (PlayStation Plus Price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
MAG Starter Kit (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars
Devil May Cry 4 Avatar Bundle (18 avatars ) (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
DarkStalker Avatar Bundle (13 avatars) (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $0.99)
Femme Abstraction Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Snowman Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Chinese New Year Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on February 8:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Qore January Episode 32

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on February 15:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Killzone 3 Single Player Demo
Hero of Sparta – PlayStation minis
Argyle Girls Theme
Hockey Theme

Discounted Games/DLC
Mega Man (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Juiced 2 PSP (PlayStation Plus price $10.00, regular price $19.99)
R.U.S.E. – The Chimera Pack (PlayStation Plus price $5.24, regular price $6.99)

+ GT-420 on February 3rd, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

WOW. Now that’s what I’m talking about. I challenge you to keep delighting us, I don’t think you can do it but you better try.

If I resubscribe now only half way in can I get another extra 3 months?

All the Plus haters can go eat worms to compensate for their inadequacy.

+ Pariah_Dark on February 3rd, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

You know, seeing some of the moaning and crying here, I think people are going to find something to whine about no matter what psn plus gives you.

If they gave you people literally HALF of the games on the psn store right now, SOMEONE will cry about “it’s not the one I wanted though”

I myself am happy with psn plus, and once this 3 month thing expires I’m just gonna pony up and buy for the year (which I wish I did in the first place)

+ KwietStorm on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

Wow I was actually thinking of buying that silly looking game.

+ KongWen on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Now THIS is what I’m talking about. Free day one release on a brand new, hugely interesting looking game. Excellent.

+ Victoryismine52 on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

WHAT? This is Awesome Thanks Sony and double fine I downloaded Costume quest last week during the sale and LOVED IT! This is a great bonus to PS+ I am loving this service and will defiantly be keeping my plus account active as long as you keep offering it!

+ rjejr on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Here in Higglytown
We’ll all jump around
And meet the Higglytown heroes
We’ll all work together
Having fun together
With all the Higglytown heroes
Let’s all play together
Save the day together
Come join the Higglytown heroes

+ Victoryismine52 on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

To be honest I hadn’t seen much on stacking and was skeptical but after that video (and playing costume quest last week) I can not wait for this game and a killzone 3 demo man feb 8 is going to be almost as good as feb 22 Sony is killing it this year!

+ X_Weapon on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

Stacking for free? O_O
Maybe in Europe we’ll get the same offer.

+ DaWolf619 on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Just another reason why I love PS+.

+ that-acmilan-guy on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

My PS3 is dead, trying to save money to get a new 1. Is it anyway to suspend the subscription? :(

+ GT-420 on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

All those negative comments in the first few months of the service sure seem even sillier now. Thanks for the great Plus love lately Sony, please keep it up. And consider giving away Crash Commando to Plus subs.

+ Kirkpad on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

HOLY CRAP GET!!!

Seriously, I was planning on buying this game. PS+ is officially GODLY.

@48, You can’t auto download PS+ games because you have to accept an agreement before you download every piece of PS+ content.

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Yakuza 4.. nuff said! Can’t freaking wait for that game!!!

+ tankjonson on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Why are you taking down the January Qore that had been promising access to a Killzone 3 theme that never worked before fixing the problem with the download center. Is there some reason why PS+ owners can’t receive the ever so hyped Killzone 3 Theme promised in your last big “Playstation Plus announcement”? You need a PS+ community representative because we are paying customers and apparently you aren’t listening to the problems that exist with PS+, like a Qore download center that doesn’t work. The PS+ blogs are full of people complaining about this problem but yet there was never any response or fix to the problem, telling me that you either aren’t listening to the community or don’t care about your customers.

+ slappygoatcheese on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Free copy of Stacking?!..Best use of my Playstation Plus monies yet!! Joy!! Keep up the good work Sony!

+ OBMOC on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

Love the plus content this time around. This is like my second drop of content for plus since subscribing. If the year continues like this I will reup the sub with out question. Thanks for punching me in the mouth Sony keep of the good work. Also has anyone noticed that you no longer have to do a trophy sync to compare trophies. It appears it is still checking but it is extremely fast is this normal for everyone else?

+ wocyob on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

this is awesome.. a brand new game and its free
im loving PS+ thank you Sony

+ Budapesti on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

Was absolutely going to get Stacking purely because the aesthetics appeal to me (don’t even know what the gameplay involves, but I’ve learned to trust Double Fine).
The fact that I’m getting it as part of my Plus subscription makes me a very happy sackperson.

+ RevSoul on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

Getting a Ps Plus subscription is really a no brainer. It continues to get better & better and yet some people will never be satisfied.

It’s like being a part of video game royalty!

+ Pukadon on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Sometimes it’s hard to believe I was ever on the fence about PS+ — it’s been well worth it.

+ KazeEternal on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Killzone 3 autodownload :-D TY. I work tuesday evenings, if I set my PS3 up for autodownload check for 7 or 8pm est I should be good to go right?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

Hi KazeEternal – Your console will check for any auto downloads available every other day from the day you enabled the feature. If we’ve published out the KZ3 demo prior to when you console checks for updates you should be good to go. Hope that helps.

+ steadydecline on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:52 pm said:

great update guys can’t believe i get stacking day one for free. It’s pretty easy to justify ps+ the past 6 months I’ve gotten more value then 3 years of xbox live.

+ TheMART on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

Eh…

Is this for PS+ USA only, or will PS+ EU get the same nice treathment?

I’d like this to have next week too.

+ The_Hobbit_36 on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

What are they talking about, I have PSP and my friend does not yet he has the KillZone 3 Open Beta to, It says it is for PSP subscribers only.

+ Moosehole on February 3rd, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

I felt compelled to let you know how pleased I am with this news…

I’ve been a Plus subscriber since day one, and this publish is by far the best yet. I can’t speak for all subscribers, but these are the types of things I want and expect from PS+.

Day one free games instead of 2 year old downloadable titles that I already own. Early access to AAA titles instead of less anticipated games.

I truly hope that this is the direction you are taking PS+ both for now and the future. Please do not let this type of publish be the exception to the rule.

Thank you.

+ NorthernLitez on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! You aren’t making it very difficult to decide about renewing ‘plus’ in the future. If double fine is responsible for stacking….I’m in! Wait a minute, it’s free….I’m DOUBLE (f)IN(e)!

+ KidCommando on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

Very cool to hear we are getting Stacking the day it releases. THAT is a huge bonus for Plus subscribers.

Finally!, a game nobody has purchased before getting it for FREE with Plus.

+ footballrule on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

Can’t wait toe Killzone 3 Demo! It comes out for PS Plus members on my birthday! :D

+ arneezy619 on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

@Sonicfan11589

because square enix does not support psp game downloads umd only buddy

+ tyger1313 on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

The only reason y I’m downloading stacking is cause they made psychonauts when r they releasing pschonauts 2 cause the kinda left me hang in

+ Tebeau23 on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

I think adding Crash Bash to the American Store is in order ;)

+ jqtaxpayer on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

Do I need a new monitor, or is the guy on the right trying to bring back the jheri curl?

+ DZORMAGEN on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

STACKING FREE…NO Joke this is the best offer EVER!! Proud Plus member here!! Thanks for the Devs for doing this and thank you Sony!! i will for sure re-sub when the time has come!!

+ RetroGravy on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

MISS GRACE!!

*whew*

GIRLFRIEND! You have officially rocked my world …outright! You have justified my longevity as a PS+ member (since day 1) and have truly outdone yourself with this excellent news.

With all of the weekly rantings of fallen expectations previously posted of others from times past, I’m sure you don’t hear this enough but let me say here and now:

THANK YOU. THIS ROCKS!

My PS3′s on standby and will be awaiting the anticipating downloads-a-plenty.

+ poodude on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Stacking. For free?

*Runs out to buy PSN card

+ Jsoap on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

PS Plus = my best gaming investment yet!!!

+ BrianC6234 on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

This should be reason enough for people to sign up for PS Plus. Right away you’ll save $15. I was buying Stacking for sure so this is great to see.

+ emiru69 on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

Happy to see Stacking free, I was really disappointed with Drigger, it’s not a bad game but it’s not recent.

+ MADGAME on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

I’m truly amazed at how much material has been provided for my PS+ membership. I knew there would be freebies, demos, betas and the like but wow, I am impressed.

Money well spent. Keep up the awesome updates!

+ Huuuze on February 3rd, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

I’m psyched that Stacking will be free. I won’t be psyched when we see overpriced Stacking DLC — which I will promptly buy with my teeth tightly clenched.

+ trev456 on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Man, am I lovin’ being a PS+ subscriber!

Thank you, Sony!

+ The3D-Artist on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:18 pm said:

Awesome. All three are looking cool – though Killzone 3 is what has me riled up this month. Any word on Under Seige? I was hoping that would be out by now. Anyway, thanks for doing this, now I’m glad I got Plus for myself and my nephew!

+ Alman_Gadgets on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

Stacking…. free for PS+ members? I love you Sony, and you too Double Fine Studios.

I’m still waiting for those Costume Quest avatars DF. And some Stacking avatars would be awesome as well. I’ll even pay for them!

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on February 3rd, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Can’t wait to try out the Yakuza 4 demo. Best update yet in my opinion.

+ saiyanknight87 on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

can we get some scott pilgrim avatars and MVC 3 avatars please games that are cool oh and maybe shank too! please make this possible.

+ DrBingogh on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

Stacking for Free nice! PS+ Worth the money for sure and I’ve been a member for two months.

+ digitalman123 on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Woo! KZ3 demo free for us!
Stacking for free? Definitely! Trophies?
Reeeeeally glad I joined the Plus nation now…
Feb. 8 update? Smiley faaaaaaace…

+ Hooligantuan on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Wow, a reasonable price for Mega Man 2 … but only if you’re PlayStation Plus.

Woo.

+ Amans91 on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

THANK YOU!!!! NOW i get Stacking for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KILLA_KING_007 on February 3rd, 2011 at 5:32 pm said: