PS4-Infamous

Killzone 3 Multiplayer Open Beta is Live: Come Get Some!

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 03, 2011 // Product Marketing Manager

Just a reminder to fans out there that we are in an open beta, so it’s possible you may experience some issues connecting to a game. Please be patient and know that we are doing everything we can to make this a smooth and fun experience for everyone.

Killzone 3 multiplayer open beta

Starting at 10AM Pacific Time today, the Killzone 3 Multiplayer Open Beta is live! Japan and Europe are already hard at frag and now it’s time for North America and Mexico to join the party! You’ll find the Killzone 3 Beta on the main page of the PlayStation Store; it’s also listed under the 3D and PlayStation Move categories for added convenience.

The Open Beta includes one map, Frozen Dam. All game modes can be played on this map:

• Warzone: The traditional Killzone game mode with game types changing on-the-fly
  • Guerrilla Warfare: Our take on Team Deathmatch
  • Operations: Our new story driven multiplayer game mode
  • Botzone: An offline version of Warzone which can be played against AI opponents

The Killzone 3 Open Beta is playable in 3D and supports the PlayStation Move motion controller. The Beta trial runs until February 15th, so get on board while you can! If you have any feedback, Killzone.com has a section of the forum specifically set up for this purpose. You can of course track all your stats on Killzone.com as well.

Lastly, don’t forget that from Friday, February 4th through Sunday, February 6th we will be giving away 20 Limited Helghast Editions each day. Team members will log on to the Open Beta each of the three days to randomly select players in matches. We will not select players more than once during the sweepstakes and will notify the winners via the email address associated with their PSN account. Check here for official sweepstakes rules.

See you online!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ twistedfloyd on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

Downloading now! Thanks GG and Sony! Can’t wait to try it!

+ Trucidation on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Sweeet!

+ I3rand0 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Open beta for a game that has already gone gold and has several reviews online already. Just be honest and call this a demo like we all know it is. Its not that hard, really.

+ Phoenix7469 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Guns of the Helghast will invade tonight at 2030. God Bless 7469 out.

+ utopianacht on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

nice.. can’t wait to download it tonight :P

+ G-Force08 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have a subpar internet connection speed. Now while trying to download this beta would be one of those times. This is barely above 56k dial-up :(

At least I hope I log on this weekend while the GG team is on playing so I could possibly be one of those winners of the LE Helghast Edition. Man I want it so bad.

Fluff, either way, I’m excited to play and will get the game day 1. There’s a reason I’m a huuuuuuuuge (and when I say huge, I mean huge) SCE supporter. Freakin’ amazing games! Good job guys looking forward to the full experience. I’m getting the sharpshooter for sure for my move as well. Got to try that out ^^

+ ArchAngelMai on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

Really late there PSN, you promised on Feb 1st, what Happened?

+ zombie9 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

Does the old BETA still work? Just trying to save time I still have it:)

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

No, sorry!

+ Enalor on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Downloading right now!
Thanks GG and Sony.

+ x1STP_KLOSRx on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

G-Force08, don’t play online and lag it down for all of us if it’s that bad! :p

Haha. :)

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Downloading it right now!

Thanks guys, on this depends whether i pre order the game from Home or no. :)

+ Hellman on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

I’m at work just curious how many gigs it is? Can anyone answer that for me thanks!

+ CoreConspiracy on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

58%! my interwebs needs mo speed.

+ Blkant on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Put the Jeep/Buggy that we see in KZ2′s SP and what the reviews say is in KZ3′s SP online! Give it a nice wide open map etc… and of course let our teammates jump on with us. It would make for perfect DLC ^_^

+ Victoryismine52 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

Awesome! I can’t wait to try this with move! but I’m at work now… *sadface*

Quick question
If you play with move does the matchmaking pair you with other move players or is everyone thrown together?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Everyone is thrown together. Hope you enjoy the beta!

+ CoreConspiracy on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

@Hellman what are these Gigs you speak of lol. Its 802MB

+ Mantor77 on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

This not a beta, it’s a demo, what is wrong with these guys ?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

Mantor77 – We’re always looking for fan feedback/suggestions. Like the post says, there’s a special forum on Killzone.com. Tell us your thoughts!

+ Weshzu on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

gah can’t wait to go back home on friday to play f word =(

+ Hellman on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

Oh snap that’s a small size I was expecting maybe 2 gigs or something lol that’s awesome shouldn’t take long to download when I get out of work! SWEETNESS!

+ Dessron on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

If I gto into PS+ Killzone 3 beta before, can I get in this one using the beta I’ve already downloaded or I have to download this new one to get in this new beta?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Hi Dessron – Everyone needs to download the new beta.

+ GigiRasta on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

SONY ġAKUJEM =)

+ Insanecyclone on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Network Errors everywhere.

+ ElCapitanAmerica on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

It’s a bit of a demo and a bit of beta. The beta part of it is to stress test the servers and fine tune them. C’mon people, stop whining!

+ TheGuardianFID on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

It FREAKING PWNS LOL, great job guys, thanks!!! 8)

+ samuraix98 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

connecting connecting continuously connecting…

stress test servers indeed.

+ TwinDad on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Server Beta test.

+ CoreConspiracy on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Ok getting off of the blog. See you guys online.

+ TxBeta on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

Sounds awesome. Can’t wait to get home to download. Unfortunately I’m stuck at work. Good thing we have a snow day tomorrow.

+ Blkant on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Wow… The damage is WAY to high… wth… Why change it…?

+ halowars7 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

This is going to be amazing!

+ SIGMA2DIE4 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

CANT FREAKING WAIT!

+ DJKim0701 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Playstation store?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

game wont sell well compared to other Shooter exclusives (Halo, gears cough) or make an impact because sony wont advertise it…………………………………..

+ cat_monster2018 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

I WANNA WIN THE CONTEST SOOOOO BAD!!

+ FATHASUN on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

It can still be considered a BETA because it is a TEST of the Multiplayer usage on the servers so those considering this a demo should think about that for a moment. Think of it as a final test so that when the actual game is released most of the issues can be addressed. I appreciate it!

Thanks Sony and Guerilla Games. You guys are SPECTACULAR!!!!

+ Rhino136 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

78 Percent

+ poweredbyzen on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

Regarding the sweepstakes, how is an “entry” defined? I know it’s one account, one e-mail, but is one log-on an entry? Maybe a game session? I’m confused.

+ ProPawn64 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Is the Beta on Playstation store?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Yup. It’s on there!

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

the name filter is still broken after closed beta.

+ MoneyMaker110 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

it’s likely called a beta to test servers you dolts.

+ Victoryismine52 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Hey thanks for the response TJ Hopefully I’ll see you in the beta this weekend!!! I can’t wait to get home and download it!

+ ProPawn64 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

where can you download the beta from ??? PS+???

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Is this beta a representation of the final built?

+ Exalted_Knight on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Check my avatar….. Sadly I am at work right now so I cannot enjoy the greatness with others as they tackle Killzone 3 Open Beta. I guess I’ll put in Killzone in the PS2 where I am at to get some Helgast Action until i get off in 6 hours! Thanks GG, i have a few suggestions to put onto the forums, here is my idea

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/06/24/killzone-command-center-app-for-ps3/ It involves Killzone Command Center incorporated into (KZ2) now KZ3. So if you could give it some food for thought. Again Thanks.

+ ynp7 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

MoneyMaker110: Then it’s a multiplayer “stress test.” Either way it ain’t a beta. I’m sure all of the developers know this, but PR guys clearly don’t and have gotten it into their heads that calling something a “beta” is a way to get people hyped up to play it. They’re probably right, but that doesn’t make the label any more appropriate.

+ angelspawn77 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to try it out, I hope this thing downloads in time before I go to school which will be in about an hour and a half. My internet is actually going pretty fast for once, usually it’s pretty slow on my ps3, but its pretty fast for my PC.

+ Mooshywooshy on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Awesome! I’d love to give it a try, but my PS3 is currently inoperable due to the PS3 firmware team consisting of mentally handicapped high school dropouts all of whom seem to deem it unnecessary to test anything.

But when/if they finish extorting money out of loyal customers having them send in their systems due to a Sony issue, and I can finally finish my HDD change then I’ll be all over this.

+ D_Zcorpion on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

Wait… What!? North America AND Mexico?? Mexico IS part of North America o_O

+ Mza49311 on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

played for a sec with botzone then my youngest woke up from her nap, boo, I tried move support, man do i suck with it, not so much the shooting, the move off screen turning thing gets me, have to barely move the controller and still i fly around in circles disorienting myself, may get it down in a year or so lmao

+ krayziejam on February 3rd, 2011 at 11:55 am said: