PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

New Castle Crashers Character Will Benefit Breast Cancer Research

Kelly Revak's Avatar + Posted by Kelly Revak on Feb 04, 2011 // Mayor of Behemothtown, The Behemoth

Greetings PlayStationland! I wanted to introduce you to a brand-new addition to the Castle Crashers team! We are pleased to announce that our single most-requested character will be joining the battle on PSN on February 8th in shiny new additional content for Castle Crashers. We give you…. the Pink Knight!

Castle Crashers: Pink Knight

Born out of popular demand, rumor, and Tom Fulp’s Beard, the Pink Knight is ready to bring the love in. The playable Pink Knight will come packed with the Lollipop and four other brand new additional weapons. Warning: Adorable.

The Pink Knight Pack will be available just in time for Valentine’s Day on PSN for just $1.99 and 100% of The Behemoth’s revenue from Pink Knight pack sales will be donated to charities devoted to Breast Cancer Research.

Castle Crashers: Pink Knight

Castle Crashers: Pink Knight Castle Crashers: Pink Knight

Let me just say, the Pink Knight’s magic is unlike anything else in the game. It will make you happy. It is full of Love and Rainbows. Those meany barbarians will never see it coming.

With love from The Behemoth,

kelly

PAGE 1 2

+ Dogofthunder on February 4th, 2011 at 6:36 am said:

Breast cancer awareness is a cause near and dear to my family. I will buy the game and the pink knight pack.

+ roemerbakker on February 4th, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

first!

+ Lonestar134578 on February 4th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

Glad to see a game company doing something about breast cancer awareness I will play as the Pink Knight proud.

+ reson8er on February 4th, 2011 at 6:50 am said:

Great looking character for a great cause, kudos TB :)

+ radiantshadow92 on February 4th, 2011 at 6:54 am said:

totally buying this

+ Shou_KobayashiUS on February 4th, 2011 at 6:55 am said:

It’s not awareness it’s research, read the post ;).

Anyway I added funds to my PSN account just so I can donate and claim my thank you :D

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on February 4th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

Yep, we’ll choose charities that focus primarily on research.
    Hope you like Pink Knight and thanks for being willing to donate!

+ mappyman on February 4th, 2011 at 7:00 am said:

Adorable! Gives me reason to tear through this game again! Thanks!

+ Richlando on February 4th, 2011 at 7:02 am said:

I love breasts so yeah I’ll be getting this in support….

+ Trucidation on February 4th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

Now I have no excuse to not own Castle Crashers. Guess I’ll be buying that plus the pink knight!

+ eyesofreality03 on February 4th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

fantastic job team, this is a purchase on my end asap!

+ BigRon3400 on February 4th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

I needed a reason to play Castle Crashers again. Thanks.

+ Gatonejo on February 4th, 2011 at 7:42 am said:

Great! I’m buying it.

More games shoul do this.

BTW, be careful using “Pink for the Cure!”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

“Komen for the Cure is one of the most widely-known and best funded breast cancer organizations in the U.S. But the group says it’s found 83 cases of other organizations using the term “for the Cure” in its name. It is now challenging 47 of them for trademark infringement”

- ksdk.com/news/article/240328/3/Komen-for-the-Cure-challenging-other-charities

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on February 4th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

..edited.

yeah, we’ve just seen a bunch of articles on this. makes us more than a little hesitant to donate through Susan G Komen. There’s better places for this money than going to lawsuits.

+ anoffday on February 4th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

That’s pretty cool. I had Castle Crashers on the 360, but since I’ve moved to PS3 I miss the game. I should buy it along with the pink knight.

+ mixedkidbx on February 4th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Put Casher Crashers on sale for half off and i will buy this game along with the DLC/Donation

+ mixedkidbx on February 4th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

errr Castle Crashers lol

+ KongWen on February 4th, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Now that I can finally play this game online (!!!) I’ll definitely be buying this update.

+ Superstrokey1123 on February 4th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

I would totally get this but i dont have the game, will see if i can scrape the funds together to get it though. Great cause guys.

+ UltraRazpacho on February 4th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

That magic looks awesome. I’ll be picking this up for sure.

Also lol @12 Komen’s gonna get ya Behemoth. :P

+ anoffday on February 4th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

@12 Wow, that’s stupid. They need to focus on actually finding cures rather than suing other people who try to as well.

+ Assassin_Pug on February 4th, 2011 at 8:05 am said:

Great cause, plus it will get people to play the game again. Not to mention the awesome character and weapons ;).

+ Zarxce on February 4th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

Gamers get a new character

Charities get research money

Behemoth gets more people interested in their game

…I love situations where everyone wins. I tip my hat to you guys. Or…I would if I were wearing one. Erm. Right. Anyways, stay awesome!

+ rgoff31 on February 4th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

My four year old has recently re-ignited our interest in this great game. I’m sure she will want me to get this DLC as well.

+ FORMIK on February 4th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Great game and great idea for DLC.
Check out my Fat Princess Warrior DLC idea for Castle Crashers on PlayStation Blog Share!

+ StrykerIsland on February 4th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

I will buy this out of principle alone.

+ SilverBlade51 on February 4th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

I’ll buy it just to support the Breast Cancer Research… and to humiliate my friends in arena :P

+ FORMIK on February 4th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

Along with continued support for the game, I’m also glad to see that the proceeds go toward an this cause.
So there will be four weapons, I wonder what are the other three not pictured will be?

+ MegamiTensei13 on February 4th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Im going to buy this game and the dlc to help :)

+ JonJonXD on February 4th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

I’ll be getting this. I still play castle crashers on and off with friends so it’ll be cool to have a new fantabulous character to play….as well as support breast cancer research.

Awesome!

+ comicfan007 on February 4th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Great idea, Pink Knight its a must buy!!!

+ sdwifey on February 4th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

DIBBS! It’s soooo cute! <3

+ smintja on February 4th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

Breast DLC ever?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on February 4th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

lolz

+ DZORMAGEN on February 4th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Great cause, great game, anything for research to make this world a better place!! I will buy for sure, even though I am busy playing other games!!

+ bushisprez on February 4th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Anything for Behemoth after the Insane mode Contest winning count me in Tuesday!

The pink magic is probably gonna be just as epic as the game’s ending. lol

Will there be anymore updates for castle crashers or any behemoth style games coming to psn/ps3 KELLY?

+ Kirkpad on February 4th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

@14 You guys are cheap! Buy the game at full price. I was planning on waiting for a sale but I gave in when The Behemoth made a blog post for the 360 sale.

He said something like “If you were waiting for us to devalue ourselves, now’s the chance!”

On topic, I’ll be getting this day one! I have just enough money on my account for something that is $1.99, and this is the best use of it.

+ FJ1100_rider on February 4th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

I don’t have the game yet but will probably buy the dlc anyway so I can support breast cancer research and have it when I finally do buy the game
I’ve had a bit over $2 in my wallet forever so might as well spend it for a good cause – wish more games would do this
imagine if treyarch even gave 10% of dlc sales for black ops to charity ? they could do a lot of good .

+ dirtyd89 on February 4th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Pink Knight fighting with a lolipop.

LOL.

Really clever.

I’ll be buying this for sure.

Any idea how much this costume will cost on PSN?

???????????????????

+ Dogofthunder on February 4th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

@6 and Kelly Revak

Awareness and Research are both good. Awareness leads to research. I would have thought my support of this would have applauded instead of nitpicked. Also, I don’t have all the facts about the Susan G Komen lawsuits, so I can’t speak about that directly. The organization has done things that I like and dislike, but they have helped a lot of people.

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on February 4th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

Oh we’re not against Awareness at all! and breast cancer awareness is incredibly important for early detection and treatment. I was just clarifying where the funds raised in this instance would go. :)

+ Kirkpad on February 4th, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

@37, Read the post. $1.99 for the costume and 5 weapons.

+ Firecrest on February 4th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

If I didn’t already own the game on that OTHER platform, I’d be more than willing to download this and the character DLC. Maybe I’ll just download the DLC just to support the cause.

+ KIT-_-KAT on February 4th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

Nice! You guys should think about DLC for new story

+ Dogofthunder on February 4th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Sorry for being sensitive, it’s an important issue to me. Kelly, Behemoth and Playstation are amazing people for doing this, and everyone should buy the game and dlc, and support breast cancer research!

+ PlasmaSpirit on February 4th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

Pink knight is adorable <3. I will be picking this up on the 8th. Kudos for donating.

+ Gobohobo on February 4th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

This is a great idea! I lost my mother 9 years ago to IBC, so I fully support this. Thanks Behemoth :)

+ Jetup on February 4th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

I’ll get this!
I do the same like I did on PSHome! (Remember the pink Jersey?)

+ LAClennell on February 4th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Hi will this also be coming to the EU region?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on February 4th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

yes. Should be simultaneous, but let me check and get back to you. :D

+ Hooligantuan on February 4th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

Good chance I’ll just buy the character even if I don’t have Castle Crashers.

More of this kind of thing in the PS Store would be awesome. Props, Behemoth.

+ smintja on February 4th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

I need people to play Castle Crashers with. So if ppl are leveling their Pink Knight I’ll tag along. My highest character is like 10 :( Everytime I find an online game everyone has a lvl 60 something.

+ MadMeat001 on February 4th, 2011 at 11:03 pm said:

got any experience on newgrounds? just asking, (i am one of thoses animation maker ;))

+ GRG89 on February 5th, 2011 at 12:08 am said:

What happen to the custom soundtrack this game was suppose to have?

PAGE 1 2