LittleBigPlanet 3

Killzone 3 Midnight launch at Walmart on Feb. 21

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Feb 07, 2011 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Pining for Killzone 3 but can’t wait until the morning of 02.22.11 to pick up your copy? Have no fear! On the night of February 21st, we are giving you the chance to play Killzone 3 early at pre-launch events happening in participating Walmart stores open 24 hours across the country.

Killzone 3 Midnight Launch at WALMART

Make sure you get there early since we’re handing out goodies to the first few attendees.

The first 20 people to purchase Killzone 3 will receive:

• Limited Edition Killzone 3 Poster
  • Voucher for the Retro Map Pack featuring two classic maps redesigned for Killzone 3

Select Walmart stores will also be hosting tournaments where you can win:

• A copy of Killzone 3
  • Limited Edition Cloaking Helghast Marksman Action Figure
  • Collectible Killzone 3 bags

Not sure where there’s a Walmart around you? Here’s a handy-dandy store locator. Contact your local WALMART store to see if they’re participating in the Killzone 3 pre-launch event and what time their event will start.

If you don’t live near a Walmart, you can always pre-order Killzone 3 at one of the many retailers offering pre-order bonus.

PAGE 1 2

+ Vorlord on February 7th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

I’ll be there!! =D

+ kennygunit on February 7th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Ill be there!

Can’t Wait!

+ GamerMoney on February 7th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

cool, walmart is a few blocks from here

+ xDarkImagesx on February 7th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

Sweet my friend works at wally mart, so its a win,,

+ exterminator_123 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

LOL IM NEXT TO A WALMART

+ dh4645 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

my local gamestop is doing one….the employees said the manager is a sony fanboy. hah

i’ll be picking up my helghast edition preorder at midnight. guess i’ll be sick on the 22nd

+ Cat_Corye on February 7th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Shouldn’t this say 20th or 18th? Because are Wal-Mart is known for putting games out before date.

They had Playstation Move games four weeks before Move was even out. A lot of mad people were screw over.

+ mopar_mike172 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

So ready for Killzone 3, what an awesome series game. We will see if it’s a 10 though.

+ Massive_13 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

I live close to 4 Walmarts and I’ve called them all, and they know nothing of this tournament. SMH at the Walmart employees.

+ CL_KANOS on February 7th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

So my wal mart in Fort Dodge, Iowa said they usually do midnight launches for every game but weather or not they do tournaments or this promo with the free game etc. etc. She stated she doesnt know at this time?

What do you think?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 7th, 2011 at 1:02 pm said:

Walmart stores are being notified with information on whether or not they are participating throughout the week. I recommend checking back with your Walmart on Thursday just in case they’re getting the info late.

Sorry!

+ ForgiveMyAim on February 7th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

The PSMove controls are rather difficult :(

+ niked on February 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Great PR SONY! Nut make shore Walmart makes a big nice about this so the customers knows that this is happening. Some TV spots about this would be great to. I want Killzone 3 to sell gang busters!

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 7th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

We want it to sell gang busters too! Tell your friends. :-)

+ Massive_13 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Well… now that I think about it, it is breaking news, since the good people on the PlayStation blog keep us updated to the minute. Maybe the stores will know something more close to the time of the tournament.

+ Pray4Prey on February 7th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

How about just putting the 2 retro maps…oh I dunno…on the disc itself for everyone? What is with this DLC garbage these days, when the PS3 came out one of its big selling points was the mass storage of the blu-ray disc and how “game worlds could be bigger”. Well whats the point when everything is broken into fragments and made to download on to our hard drive? Games are shorter nowadays then when they use to be on 24meg cartridges.

+ RyuuNoSekai on February 7th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

Crap, hope I’m not too busy that day… If I’m lucky, this will be the first midnight launch I ever go to cause I’ve honestly never been this interested >:O

Must be one of the first 20!

+ DOOMkillz on February 7th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

a KZ3 tournament!!?
i’ll be there!

+ zekececil14 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Wait, what kind of tournament? I also need to save $60 up FAST! But, my local Wally World probably isn’t participating.

+ Sub-Zero on February 7th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

Soooo looking forward to the game and all.However whats up with the Move controls? There does not seem to be an configuration option. Or even just a layout to show what does what. :(

+ SpiritThief on February 7th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Loving the beta. Alt controls are great at 70%. I normally don’t like console shooters more a HL/CS guy. But I want this. Feels great. Medic is my favorite.

Is there a Killzone 3 Move bundle? That’s what I really want.

+ Zinacef on February 7th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

Wish I could go but it’s going to be too cold up here in the Northeast.

+ zombie9 on February 7th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

I Hate Wal Mart sorry:)

+ MoneyMaker110 on February 7th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

i’ll have to wake up early for my release day delivery, have fun if you make it there though

+ SpyDudeFX on February 7th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

When will be the dynamic theme be available via Slurpee or is it in one of the two map pack offers in Slurpee Rewards?

+ oly1kenobi on February 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Voucher for the Retro Map Pack featuring two classic maps redesigned for Killzone 3 for first 20 people???

You get this for pre-ordering anywhere so why bother going to walmart to fight over it?

+ Reginthorn on February 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

I live near a Wal-Mart Supercenter, but alas its located in a redneck environment (I would be highly surprised if they host a tournament). Look it up yourselves Toccoa, GA! Also can you be 17 to participate?

+ Weshzu on February 7th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

nice nothing for canadians again sweet

+ mywhitenoise on February 7th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

WalMart is open 24 hours a day, at least the one near me. So every launch is a midnight launch, haha.

Still, I’m not stepping one foot into a WalMart.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 7th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

The beta is failing so far… I can’t connect.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 7th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

I’ll be picking up my helghast edition copy at GameStop hope they have a midnight launch.

My GameStop never has PlayStation Midnight launches and it upsets me and very bad on there repertation with me.

+ Krisp215 on February 7th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

DAMMIT! I want that poster, but I know I would not be one of the 1st twenty people there. Hell, I haven’t even been out the house yet since winter time because of my disability.

+ RyuuFox on February 7th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

YES!!!! There few people that have ps3′s where i live! I’m a killzone veteran so easy winnings for :)

+ TroyPowers on February 7th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Wal-Mart is evil.

+ MafiaBrett on February 7th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

Do you think Best Buy is going to do midnight launches? i already preordered my game from there…

+ Thane_of_Fife on February 7th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

A lot of my friends that don’t know much about killzone 3 says it sucks and they don’t want to hear anything about it, i tell them the controller issue is removed but still won’t even give the open beta a try, ignorance is taking over these day but i know a lot of people will miss killzone 3 because of killzone 2.

+ Link01 on February 7th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

I’ll wait in line for the limited edition poster… but I’m not buying K3 from walmart :(

+ ajayghosal on February 7th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

will canadian wallmarts get this offer 2?? dont leave us out in the cold again

+ etur0 on February 7th, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

@11 to me it makes it much easier to play

and I can’t wait to get kz3 and the sharpshooter

+ packy17 on February 7th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

Would love to, since there are tons of Wal-mart stores around me, but NONE of them are 24-hour stores. None within 50 miles, actually. I am disappoint.

+ ZEROCOOL-DNB on February 7th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

yeah i’ve pre-ordered and pre-paid for the helghast edition.the only worry i have is the online after all the problems with the public beta. the funny part i was in the private beta never had problems, hope guerrilla fix’s the online connection problems.because i usaully play more online than just the story mode.

+ jmanxp on February 7th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

i am liking the beta

+ theultimatenub on February 7th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

that is cool but ima stick with gamestop cause i already preordered my helghast edition

+ TRINIKING on February 7th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

i wish they had it at gamestop

+ Zombiewraz on February 7th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

just pre order at gamestop you get the map pack with it and you dont have to survive walmart. i love the beta cant wait for the sharpshooter gun acessory

+ Astroranagun on February 7th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

what kind of tournament are they going to host? multiplayer tournament? single player demo tournament? or non-game related tournament……

+ dehumanizer_666 on February 7th, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

I know for a fact that Gamestop will not be holding a midnight launch for KZ3. :(

+ WindedHero on February 7th, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

Already preordered my collector’s edition at Amazon through Home. :D

+ Thrill_Kill on February 7th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

Will they have the limited edition version of the game with the glowing red eyes? That’s the one I want. And can you get this going with Best Buy also for those of us whom prefer not shopping with Wal Mart??

+ Krisp215 on February 7th, 2011 at 9:42 pm said:

@35

I think the posters are for the first few people who buy the game. Unless you a friend that works there, and will hook you up.

+ j_mauer on February 8th, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

I hate that there isn’t any controller options. R2 should be shoot and L2 should be aim. The game needs a kill cam and I’m sort of color blind so it’s hard to tell who to shot at. The Red and green user names are both dark, try a dark and a light color to make it more distinctive. I hate to say this but the game should more like mw2 or as comfortable/playable/easy to play as mw2. And more weapon choices would be a plus. Fix those things and I might buy killzone 3.

+ ranger69 on February 8th, 2011 at 1:00 am said:

I am all for it but, walmart the store killer. no thanks.

PAGE 1 2