No Man's Sky

Plants vs Zombies hits PSN Today With All The Trimmings

Jeff Green's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Green on Feb 08, 2011 // Director of Editorial and Social Media, PopCap Games

Hi again! It’s me, Jeff from PopCap. You might remember me from such blog posts as the one I wrote on January 28th in this very space, announcing that Plants Vs Zombies was coming to the PlayStation Network! If you missed that announcement, don’t worry, since I just said it again in that last sentence. So now you’re totally caught up with everyone else and don’t have to feel all left out and ornery! Yay!

So now that we’re all caught up, I have even better news for you today: Plants Vs. Zombies is available NOW (read: soon!) on PSN for a measly $14.99. In a short time, you can close this window this second and start pummeling those infernal, annoying, and dentally-challenged zombies with your loyal, brave army of peashooters and cabbage-pults and gloom shrooms right from the comfort of your very own PlayStation!

Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)

I know you want details, rather than more of my dribble, so here’s what I can tell you. Plants Vs Zombies has:

• 50 Adventure levels. The complete, original game.
  • Five modes. Adventure, Puzzle, Mini-Games, Survival, and everyone’s favorite, the bliss-inducing Zen Garden.
  • Co-op and Versus Play. Team up with a friend or challenge them by each choosing a side—plants or zombies.
  • 21 mini-games. Fight the fun-dead in minigames like Zombatany, Wall-nut Bowling and Heavy Weapon.
  • Interactive leaderboard. Upgrade to bigger & better houses as you progress and stroll through the leaderboard neighborhood to see your friends’ digs.
  • 12 Trophies. Earn awesome ornaments to decorate your lawn.

Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)Plants vs Zombies for PS3 (PSN)

And that’s really all I know. I’ll be happy to stick around to answer questions. Just try to keep it relatively civil because my therapist says I need to avoid hostile situations ever since I punched that stupid old lady next to me on the plane because she wouldn’t give me the armrest.

Oh yeah, and enjoy the game!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ XMbeaner on February 8th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

+ BigBadBob113 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

Totally worth it! If I didn’t already own it on the 360, I would pick this up in a heartbeat.

+ boneyardweller89 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Trophies! That’s all I needed to hear! =D

+ XMbeaner on February 8th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Jeff Green is my hero and if he has anything to do with it I will buy 5 of whatever he’s selling. Can I have your babies?

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

You mean the babies I’ve already made, or, like, brand new ones?

+ RussianDrink on February 8th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Bought it on XBLA and PC. Needs PS Move support if I’m going to buy it again on PSN.

+ Zezzler on February 8th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Sweeeet. just a couple obligatory questions though:

1.) will there be youtube recording and uploading?
2.) will there be custom soundtrack via XMB?
3.) will the co-op and versus be offline AND online?

Thanks Jeff! Glad to see this awesome game bless the PlayStation Community :D

+ darknightgotham on February 8th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

are we going to get a demo?
“I know you want details, rather than more of my dribble”
Nonsense. We need more “dribble” round here.

+ AguilarX on February 8th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

my $15 is yours! this game is addicting!

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

If you could please make out the check to me personally, that would help ensure that it’s actually “mine.” Thanks!

+ Lazi-man on February 8th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

Will there be a Demo?

+ zekececil14 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

Four-teen-ninety-HAHAHAHAHAHA! I actually really REALLY wanted this game! I had never heard of it before your last post. It looked intriguing. O well.
Will it have online co-op and voice chat?

+ Lugoves on February 8th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

I’m glad I never Finished playing on my Mac Edition of P vs Z thru Steam. I can justify playing the PSN version … Thanks!

+ The1stMJC on February 8th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

Going to be really tempted to download this tonight even with my low funds.

Custom soundtracks? That could help me decide if I buy.

+ Blkant on February 8th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

Those old ladies… thinking they can just take over our armrests… :P

+ Lazi-man on February 8th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

PSN store has not updated yet :(

+ John-Shooter on February 8th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

price is a bit steep considering other games in the $15 range..

+ MetalGearCrysis on February 8th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

$14.99…I’ll pass.

And this post makes it sound like the store is updated right now…

+ PagingDrUgly on February 8th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

PS Move Support!? Plleeease!

+ Vi3tProdigy on February 8th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Too bad I already have this for my PC lol.

+ avdavidw on February 8th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

I knew I held out on buying it on the xbox, iphone and pc for a reason.

Looking forward to finally getting to enjoy the full Plants vs Zombies experience!

+ shadysaiyanz on February 8th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Love Plants vs. Zombies! idk about $15 bucks though…
.. i’d gladly buy some PvZ avatars off the store from you guys though.

+ TUSTIN1 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

They’ve changed NOW to soon – last time somebody jumped the gun like this, I think it was HOURS before the store updated LMAO.

+ dragonmagician on February 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

$15 for a almost 2 year old game, that I already own for my iPod and PC.

Yet, I’m still going to buy it for the trophies. Hopefully, this will make it so you guys will support PSN better in the future. We are way behind in getting your amazing games (compare to PC, MAC, iOS, XBL, DS).

+ alx681 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

great update today with this and stacking.. just update the store already.. why make us wait.. come on..

+ ClassicSpyroFan on February 8th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

YES!!! I love this game!! I played it PC and its SUPER!! I will buy this as soon as I get some money for PSN!!

+ krae_man on February 8th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

Hey look Jeff Green Corporate Schill is back and he’s actually allowed to disclose information this time. Thank you Jeff Green’s overlords!

Seriously though Jeff as far as corporate schills go, You’re all right.

I will triple dip on this(My other versions being PC and iOS), but that is the max number of times I will dip. I can only help pay your rent so much Jeff, I’m not made of money ya know:p

+ SPOPS on February 8th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

Demo? Never played the game before and would like to check it out before i plunk down $15

+ Trucidation on February 8th, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

I never understood the praise over this game. I played it a while ago and it was so insanely simple. There’s no challenge..

+ Dumad on February 8th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

Again, an overpriced, old Flash game to the PSN Store…

I hope someday they realize there’s a HUGE PS2 libabry they can import to the PSN!

+ RevolutionRC_JR on February 8th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

i had played dis game before from a friend(girl) in veracruz

+ deathfire0 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

This is a Great Game, But it was originally Developed for the PC and that’s where it’s Best At. I’ll Stick with my PC Copy.

+ PSN_Tokeio on February 8th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Exclusive PS3 mini-games like the DS version? How about new trophies instead of the same 12 from the Xbox 360 version? I WANT to buy this game again, again, again, and again but I’d like to know if there is something NEW. Remote Play?

+ iTofuMan on February 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

hmm ill probably wait till a sale happens or something. granted i like PvsZ. i have it for both PC and ipod, but they were pretty cheap when i bought them.

+ jastyle521 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

Love the humor, Jeff. I have always love PopCap. It’s by far the most creative game developer on the market today. Keep it up.

+ jimfear on February 8th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

did you punch her hard or really hard?

+ Trieloth on February 8th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

looks like that slow boat from china finally made it to the psn.

+ leonhart9876 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

why so expensive for this type of game dont think i will purchase this any time soon

+ Ethereal on February 8th, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Speaking of brains. Mine is about to explode. There is just not enough time in a day for me to play all these games. It makes me sad.

+ nino1911 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

15 dollars oh jeff please let go of that tight grrip you have on my b#lls. lol

+ Sneeches on February 8th, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

WIll be buying this today, LOVE PVZ!!!!

+ NeoHumpty on February 8th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

Dagnabbit! I was hoping for a reason to buy a Move controller today. I love ya, Jeff, but please remind PopCap that they are making “point and click” games with no way to “point and click”. Bejeweled was a nightmare using a controller, and I’m sure the later levels of this game would be near impossible. I’m going to have to wait to see if they update it later. Sorry if this makes your rent late this month, Jeff. You’re still the man.

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I don’t know if it’s sacrilegious to mention THAT OTHER CONSOLE on this blog, but I know that the team worked really hard to make sure the controls for the XBLA version felt right. I know I personally was skeptical until I tried it myself. So, hopefully, they did the same here for the PlayStation controller.

Move support: Will find out for you folks if it’s planned down the road.

Price: Well, it was the same on THAT OTHER CONSOLE. I know it’s gonna be steep for some. There’s nothing I can personally do about that other than lend some of you a few bucks. But my interest rates are exorbitant, and if you saw the goons who work for me, you would NOT want to be late on your payments.

+ Not_Log on February 8th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

How do you gather sun without a mouse, I’m honestly curious.

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

You use the analog sticks to move to the spots on the screen…

+ xjordan93 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

$15! i got same game for ipod for 5 times as less! its fun but its not that fun.

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

The iOS versions of stuff are always going to be less. It’s The Way of the World right now. And the iOS versions don’t have the co-op/multiplayer, don’t forget.

But, hey, if it were up to me, everything would be free everywhere, and we’d all dance around naked listening to the Grateful Dead.

+ MarzPan on February 8th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

Like Comment #4, I would like your babies, and I will settle for those that have already been created.

+ JHS200 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

For $14.99….no.

This is a Mini game.

+ krae_man on February 8th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

Seriously though, can you program some hot keys?

+ I3rand0 on February 8th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

$10 right now on Steam. No thanks.

+ plaztiksyke on February 8th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

1080p native art and rendering?

HD audio?

local *and* remote co-op?

platinum trophy?

plz illuminate us :)

Stacking is the only must-purchase for me this week. If enough of the answers to these questions are ‘yes’, I’ll pick this up as well. My husband and I love Dead Nation and will need another co-op game ;)

+ Tygerrex on February 8th, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

$15?

Why is it the exact same version is on XBLA for 10 dollars?
I had 10 dollars sitting on my PSN all WEEK, just for this game.

Guess I won’t be buying this until the price goes down then.

+ plaztiksyke on February 8th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

nevermind on the 1080p question. looking at the screenshots on flickr, the resolution is 1080p but the assets look like they’re straight out of the iPad version :(

why does PopCap keep publishing to PSN if we just keep getting graphics and audio from the lowest-common denominator instead of what the PS3 is capable of?

Jeff Green's Avatar

+ Jeff Green on February 8th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

All the art/assets are native for PSN. And it is 1080p, yes.

+ NorthernLitez on February 8th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Awesome Awesome game but it shouldn’t be priced over $6. Why wouldn’t I just pick up my iphone instead. Get the price down and it will be 1st on my list to buy.

PAGE 1 2 3 6