PS4-Watch_Dogs

Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC Coming to PS3 March 3rd

Josh Olin's Avatar + Posted by Josh Olin on Feb 09, 2011 // Community Manager, Treyarch

The wait is nearly over! Treyarch and Activision are happy to announce that the Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack launches worldwide for the PS3 on March 3rd, 2011. Battle it out in four all-new multiplayer maps including Berlin Wall, Discovery, Stadium, and Kowloon. Expand the cooperative fight for survival in Ascension, the latest chapter within the terrifying Zombies saga.

First Strike - Berlin Wall 1
Berlin Wall features combat on both sides of the imposing wall

First Strike - Discovery 2

Discovery is a desolate, frozen German outpost in Antarctica

First Strike - Kowloon 1
In Kowloon, battle in the rain along the rooftops of a towering Chinese sprawl

First Strike - Stadium 2

Stadium is an intense locale with Zombies Ascension

The battle for Democracy expands to new territories in less than one month!

1,433 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 29

+ Destiny89 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Nah this time im not going to bother buying CoD DLC, $15 way too much, can get a full game with trophies for $10

+ syk1288 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

I agree with you Destiny89.

+ LightAce on February 9th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

By March I’d be playing KZ3, thanks anyway

+ nino1911 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

yay

+ Stingger on February 9th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

Very pleasing on the eyes… I guess that’s why Activision now has 5 studios behind he CoD franchise!!!

+ DF_2K9 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

GTFO Josh. No one wants DLC when the game doesn’t even work. I’m surprised you found your way to the PlayStation blog.

+ Tyrsis on February 9th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Lets see how many people snatch up a couple maps for $15, but cry about DC Universe’s $15 sub fee.

/boggle

+ mountain_duwe on February 9th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

was very pessimistic about this DLC and COD in general but the gameplay i’ve seen has pleasantly surprised me. the MW2 maps felt like a giant rip-off, but i think i might bite the bullet on this one…

+ DF_2K9 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Also, no one wants dull maps. Are you trying to make people kill themselves with your depressing, dark and drab maps? Oh, and another 2 additions to the already excessive amount of snow maps in Black Ops already.

+ FRANKMAN1 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

Wait 3 is not tuesday, so how is going to work? And hope it gets released early.

+ sethchilders on February 9th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

@FRANKMAN1

There have been updates to the PlayStation Store in the past that aren’t on Tuesday. You’ll have the usual Store update on Tuesday, but Sony will later update it on March 3rd to add the First Strike add-on.

+ Tony2519 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Hey Josh, how about releasing the maps on ps3 when the game is still relevant…not when Killzone 3 is out and Crysis 2 is on the way…

+ Krazy_CK on February 9th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Def. going for this. They all look like sick maps. I’ve had $15 just sitting in my PSN account from when i got angry birds, been too caught up in Black Ops to buy anything else. Just another reason for me to play!

+ oxsweetkissesxo on February 9th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

Kz2 maps are lesser THN this :o

+ MaGeeK-mAn on February 9th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

Day one buy! $33.12 prepped in the wallet. I hate the timed-exclusivity deal >.>

+ xjordan93 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

not this time, cod use to be fun, not anymore. ill be playing killzone 3

+ LOSTalphaSoLDiER on February 9th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

I’m thinking of getting it but not sure beacuse $15 dollars is alot for just a DLC. I mean I’ll be playing Killzone 3 alot, so I don’t think it wouldn’t really matter.
KILLZONE 3
:D
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO GET THAT GAME! IT LOOKS FLIPPING AMAZING!

+ Vinterlord on February 9th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

LOL 15 bucks you must be kidding me, Killzone FTW!

+ DF_2K9 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

“Hey I’m Josh Olin and imma block you on twitter, instead of actually doing my job. I also pity every PS3 user, and am a 360 fanboy. I am considering changing my username to JD_360360, to show the level of my fanboyism to the PS3 community”

+ Y0u-G0t-0wne3d on February 9th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

cod black ops is dead to me!
just pre orderd killzone 3 (:

+ KazeEternal on February 9th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Killzone 3
Bulletstorm

Ya I don’t think CoD Black Ops is really relevant anymore especially since Activision can’t seem to get its act together with all the online issues the game is having. With the Killing of Guitar Hero and the poisoning of the Music/Rythmic games genre by activision…. I don’t see any reason to contribute to video games industries newest leader in Evil Empire tactics.

+ Chaos-_-Ninja on February 9th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

YES awsome! played em on xbox but it ganan b amazing wen they come 2 ps3! :D

+ shurlz96 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

Why does it come out after a month xbox gets it?

+ sethchilders on February 9th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

@LOSTalphaSolDiER

I’ve played the map pack, and I personally love it. It really just comes down to how much you love Black Ops and whether or not you’ll want to pay $15 for extra maps.

Plus Killzone 3 is coming out soon anyway, so maybe it’s best to wait for the price to come down. And yes, Killzone 3 looks amazing.

+ WHITE-BE-Z on February 9th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Nice…. I’m getting it for my 8 year old . He luvs Blk Ops

+ DF_2K9 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

@shurlz96 Because Activi$ion and M$FT signed a deal to bring COD DLC to 360 first through 2012. Shows how much they care about the other platforms…

+ madman32395 on February 9th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

we should make it 10$ because we had to wait a month

+ XKALIBUR69 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

Great!! Now if they would only fix their SERVER so i can play a whole game without it freezing!!!

+ shurlz96 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

how much is it too?

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

Sweet! Looks great but I’m not buying it because it was released on the “other system” first.

+ Game-o-holic on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

Fix the game first.

+ stride_gum on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

I cannot wait for this Map pack, I’m going to buy it the day it comes out. COD is the best.

+ poseidus on February 9th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

besides killzone3 may be awesome(i’ve never playedit) but this blog is on CoD: Black Ops, so lets the topic BACK to it? ok, good. Black ops is the fashiznit… oh yea… white boi talk!

+ zekececil14 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

NO! Just no! Four maps, $15. I BOUGHT DEAD NATION FOR $15! These maps are completely overpriced. There are TONS of $15 PSN games that are easily better than CoD itself.

+ Kchow23 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

cool maps, but $15?… no thanks

+ DF_2K9 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

@shurlz96 1200msp… so it’ll be about $500 on PSN.

+ Cat_Corye on February 9th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

All my money is going to Killzone 3 the Helghast Edition and I don’t own Black Ops anyways.

So money going to something better.

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 9th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

lololol, I don’t get why people like COD.

Anyway, I will be enjoying Killzone 3.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 9th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

Activision just wants your money. that’s why they release the same garbage every year with over priced map packs.

+ xjordan93 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

@22 WHITE-BE-Z

and the reason i quit…

+ ZidaneTheTribal on February 9th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

see your double xp for PlayStation users was set to a bad time, for what reason? well theres no motivation to play insted we got a gametype where you play in the most annoying map in the game 24/7.
thats kinda not fair if you would of bundled this with XPx2 then i might have bought it even though the game is immensely broken.

+ ForgiveMyAim on February 9th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Nope 15$ is a full priced psn game. Infinity Ward forever…
boooo Activision for killing them
boooo Treyarch for copying them

+ mywhitenoise on February 9th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

boring.

+ L3GIT_K1LLZ on February 9th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

yeah well, you guys are bearly going to get that money from the map packs because people are going to be playing killzone 3 including me…goond luck on that.
also, infinityward is making mw3 and its coming this year so its basically black ops final months..i think mw2 is coming november? around there,. finally, my opinion is that mw2 is better than black ops. nuffsaid

+ rbanke on February 9th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

‘First Strike’ is a bit of an ironic name considering we get it second. Love companies that treat me as a second class citizen, Thanks Activision!

+ L3GIT_K1LLZ on February 9th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

is you want to reply to me, just send me a message on psn

+ shadowtrey on February 9th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

I WANT IT!!!

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on February 9th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

JD,
How will this work if the map pack will be released on Thursday March 3rd. Playstation Store updates on Tuesdays. Will we have to wait another week for it to update or will it show up on Thursday by itself?

+ poseidus on February 9th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

haha theres a dead dude in the first two pics!!

+ mateen110 on February 9th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Screw you treyarch. Fix your beyond broken game first

PAGE 1 2 3 29