Uncharted 4

DC Universe Online: Watch Blur’s New “Fractured Future”

Wes Yanagi's Avatar + Posted by Wes Yanagi on Feb 09, 2011 // Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment Austin

“Fractured Future” the latest Blur-produced cinematic from DC Universe Online reveals another glimpse into the future as we see how Lex Luthor stole the exobytes from Brainiac, giving humanity the ability to evolve into super-powered heroes and villains!

But what evil plot is Lex Luthor hatching with his evil twin from the past? Will Batman and the evolving new heroes be able to stop him? What does the future hold for DC Universe Online? Log in and play…the next legend is you!

39 Comments

+ MiltonMafia on February 9th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

I only played the beta so far. That opening was pretty sick! This is too! Wocka wocka

+ theMADster on February 9th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

We want a full movie now please! Thank you! ;P

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 9th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

You guys could start making movies, amazing animations and graphics, pretty awesome looking stories as well!

What DC fan wouldn’t buy them?!

+ Butters360 on February 9th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Please put this up on PSN for download. You guys should definitely use this engine to make a 90 minute movie or so.

+ TheTwelve on February 9th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

AWESOME.

Love how you’re making Batman into DC’s version of Iron Man, my favorite superhero.

+ Crimson_Ryan on February 9th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

I will pay Blur infinite monies to make this into a movie, or something.

Seriously, that was amazing.

+ iTofuMan on February 9th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Very nice!

But when are we (Ps3) users going to be getting Lifetime Subscription? its nice that you gave us a deal on 3-month (which i plan on buying tonight) but i want to be able to play my game without worry of a fee. its not really fair to only give it to Pc users.

+ LightAce on February 9th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Blur is awesome. This should be a whole movie seriously

+ KineticArtist on February 9th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

awesome trailer but I wont buy this game until theres a reasonably priced lifetime membership for Plus or regualr PS3 users until then Im not buying ANY more games or DLC…

you have seriously ticked me and my family off we loved the beta but we arent going to be nickle and dimed every month just to play

+ gmoney0505 on February 9th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

OMG!!! Awesome video.

LOL @ Lex. He doesn’t know Batman very well. Batman anticipates things like this happening. When he says he’s coming for you, he is coming for you. Knowing Batman, He probably got a Batcave under the Fortress by now with its on time machine.

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 9th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Damn you lex…

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on February 9th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

hey watch holding your nose so high you may drown.

+ commanderlewis on February 9th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

I strongly think you guys should make a movie out of this idea! the graphics..animations are amazing! and the voice acting..is superb!

+ MrAdam5 on February 9th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

@9
Reasonably priced? $200 is more than reasonable considering month-to-month will cost you $180/yr. If you go with the 3 month sub it’ll be $120/yr. And if you or your family game regularly I’m sure you spend WELL OVER that in a normal year.

This is in inherent problem with having an MMO on a console. Everyone expects that “oh hey, I paid full price for your game so now I don’t have to pay for anything else.”

Your whining reminds me of this: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

+ musicman1234 on February 9th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

I have a few hundred dollars.If you give me a lifetime subscription you can have this money..You do want it right?..I can’t tell sir..Honestly.I can’t tell

Not being rude.Just..I am very put off by this.Im a plus member..I bought this collectors edition.It sits on a shelf just waiting for you guys to make this right with your customers on the PS3.

+ The3D-Artist on February 9th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

Well, now we know how alternate Lex managed to plant the exobytes before meeting up with the Justice League. I saw this earlier on in the week and I must say, it gets better every time I watch it.

+ Brameriz on February 9th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

Man I want this game smh #TeamBON

+ Hohlraum on February 9th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Why can’t they make a movie like that? Good lord. That was an awesome trailer.

+ MetalGearCrysis on February 9th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Blur Studio is amazing! <3

+ greatbait989 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

Maybe in 2020 in-game graphics will look like this. Until then, please just make a movie!

+ DaNTi3L on February 9th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

they need to make this into a movie

+ Uriel_Itachi on February 9th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

This is shocking batman turned into a cyborg then he turned into dust, pretty epic death (well it looked like he died) and you are a very bad person Lex Luthor.

+ madhi19 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

Batman look Darth Vaderish! Really cool video.

+ KillerDante on February 9th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

Love that trailer, just so that everyone knows, batman is immortal lol

+ Sneeches on February 9th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

LOVE this game!!!! Keep the content coming, But when are we getting an auction house???

+ bushisprez on February 9th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

cyborg batman should be in the game not just cinema. I might buy the game if they attempt to make dlc based on green lanterns blackest night storyline.

+ Metroid124 on February 9th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

I WANT YO SEE MORE!!!! D:

+ Velzorn on February 9th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

Excellent. Can we get this video on the PSN store as well?

+ Velzorn on February 9th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

Also I have to mention again that if there was a movie made like these ‘trailers’ it would definitely make some money.

+ Berae on February 9th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

Videos for this game are amazing!

+ Kxpuc on February 9th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

MOVIE please!

+ GUNBEHINDTHESUN on February 10th, 2011 at 3:38 am said:

I love these awesome cg videos! Please make a movie in this universe using this tech!!!

+ Mike78Larsen on February 10th, 2011 at 3:38 am said:

Amazing Amazing Amazing!! This games amazing and if your a true gamer u would not complain about the monthly or tri-monthly or yearly fee, it would be nice to have it at a lower monthly fee or a lifetime membership like PC gamers! Believe u me they will be adding on to this game for a lifetime!

+ Monkayshaun on February 10th, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

Awesome cinematic. Keeping fingers crossed for Batman coming back after Luthor in some way, shape, or form. At least a cinematic showing it :D

+ JanuaryEmbers19 on February 12th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

I must reiterate what many have said: this should be a full fledged CG movie. I think just about anyone would buy it. It has a great storyline and the animation is incredible. It makes me want to play DC Universe.

+ Mike78Larsen on February 13th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

I hate it when your in an alert and if you die on the boss you cant rejoin the fight, untill everyone dies!

+ Mike78Larsen on February 13th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

But this game does KICK A$$ Keep the updates coming!

+ Mike78Larsen on February 13th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Oh ya hate the gliches too! In the middle of a boss battle or during a race and BOOM frozen! Gotta love technology!

+ Mike78Larsen on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Whatever the new update is for the game you released today Feb. 22 has been freezing my 3 month old PS3 It will not finish downloading and I paid for the 3 month package before this 29$ 3 month deal came out. I call the # in the game manual and its busy busy busy busy busy busy busy ! Just like to know Whats the deal? This all started right after i started downloading the update. Really love this game play everyday , well when it works.