Bloodborne

PlayStation Move Heroes: Watch the Story Trailer!

Mike Bates's Avatar + Posted by Mike Bates on Feb 09, 2011 // Story Lead, Nihilistic Software

Well, this is it. Your first glimpse at what happens when six iconic characters finally come together. PlayStation Move Heroes unites Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sly and Bentley for a new adventure. This trailer does a great job hinting at the story, I don’t want to say anything more about what’s in store for our favorite heroes!

What I will say is that working with these six characters has been really fun. Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch have developed rich and appealing heroes. Just letting them be themselves has been the biggest goal on this project, and the most rewarding. Allowing the heroes to reveal their individual quirks alongside one another showed us just how unique and entertaining each hero really is.

We’ve even been fortunate enough to have all the original voice actors return to reprise their roles. James Arnold Taylor, David Kaye, Michael Erwin, Max Casella, Kevin Miller, and Matt Olsen have stepped right back in and brought all of the original personalities that we’ve come to know from these characters.

PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3

Adding to this incredible line-up are Roger Craig Smith and Richard Horvitz, who have breathed life into two new characters: the galactic fanboy Gleeber and his little snot of a sidekick, Lunk. One of the biggest tasks these new characters had was to hold their own next to the iconic heroes. Roger and Richard have done a fantastic job helping to create something fresh and new that could easily fit into any of the heroes’ worlds. And as you’ll hear in the game, the enemies also have a fantastic cast, bringing humor and character to every encounter of the game.

PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3PlayStation Move Heroes for PS3

With the characters in the lead, the artists and animators at Nihilistic, VASG and Brain Zoo strived to hit the high bar of excitement and depth that you’ve come to expect from these series. Every corner of the levels and every minute of the cinematics have something going on, so don’t blink!

Being able to live with this gang of heroes has been quite a blast. We hope you’ll enjoy it too!

PAGE 1 2

+ Neil on February 9th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

luvs it

+ Dragonite258 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Awesome! My favorite PS2 heroes together! Epic! If only Kratos was there too lol

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 9th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

Wow, the story looks pretty interesting. Nice to see Jak in action on PS3. This is tempting me to buy the PlayStation Move now

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Be sure to check out the PlayStation Move Heroes bundle Toys R Us is offering if you decided to pick it up!

+ TheGuardianFID on February 9th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

Awesome Sauce, SOLD!!! 8)

+ nino1911 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

i might buy move for this game just because i love sly ok please dont be suck.

+ nino1911 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

i meant to say please dont suck.

+ Ninevolts on February 9th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Non cell-shaded Sly looks weird.

Also I was expecting Apes from Ape Escape to be here. Well, I guess I’ll wait for sequel for more SCE characters.

+ Jim777 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

If it lets me play as Jak one more time ill do it, man i wish Naughty Dog would give him a proper game on PS3 he is still easily my favorite video character of all time.

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

It’ll totally let you play as Jak!

+ G-Force08 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Looks like such a great game! Another great title for the Move :) cant wait.

+ AguilarX on February 9th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

39 bucks is so worth it, hopefully for the sequel we get to see kratos/deimos, drake/sully, and zeke/cole mcgrath. then nathan hale/capelli, sev/rico, and snake/raiden

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 9th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

This is great! Too expensive for me though. >_<

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

was that transformation and spin move daxter did a homage to crash?

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

It was Dark Daxter from Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

+ KillerDante on February 9th, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

o.0 Did I just see that? Can’t wait, thanks for this game. It will totally be worth it, maybe some dlc skins for other well known hero’s?

+ Kaswa101 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Oh no, they put Dark Daxter in the game (facepalm)… But still, this game looks awesome. Too bad I don’t own a Move. Why couldn’t they just incorperate sixaxis so that we could choose between DS3 and Move?

+ KazeEternal on February 9th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Looking good. Glad I’ve kept this pre-order among the many I had to cancel. Looking forward to this game and I may end up picking up the sly collection as a result (never played any of them) so Sucker Punch owes if thats the case.

+ remanutd5 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

pre ordered already , cant wait !!!!!

+ remanutd5 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

ohhh a sequel with more mature characters like Kratos , Cole , Helghast , Chimera , Nariko , Drake

+ remanutd5 on February 9th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

online co op?

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

No online co op, just side by side.

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 9th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

I do believe Jak and Daxter will have a new game on PS3 soon. There in this game, and they were a bonus for the CE of LBP2.

Sony knows we want Jak and Daxter back! There hinting to us that hes coming!

+ The_FPS on February 9th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

Actually looks fun.

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

It actually is =)

+ Edd on February 9th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

I smell a rayman raving rabbids setup… but I’m very hopeful for this game.

+ radiantshadow92 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Jak and Daxter!!!! mine!

+ foodlionslave on February 9th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Awesome!!

+ DaNTi3L on February 9th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

this looks fun i will buy this

+ Uriel_Itachi on February 9th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Not to impressed by the Story, but I’ll give it a go, just because Jak and Daxter are there… I wonder why Crash or Spyro didn’t appear… oh yeah now remember they went multi-console, what a sad fate.

+ BLipp17 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

so…i guess this means dark eco daxter is canon…i guess thats….i dunno….ok?

+ ModernYorkster on February 9th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

This is a day one purchase for me!

+ ESIASON7 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

Bah Dup Bap Bap bah Im Lovin it! pre-ordered

+ digitalman123 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

ZOMG! Dark Jak returns! Now seeing the overall plot, 100% must-by for me! Seeing those guys together feels so…natural.

+ zekececil14 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Wait, it is Move exclusive? No DS3? I have Move, but it will need a Nav controller which it is physically impossible for me to use the two at the same time. It looks like an amazing game, but NOTHING will EVER beat a DS3! (maybe DS4)

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Move required (so yeah, exclusive). You can use your DS3 in place of the Nav.

+ Jakeman14 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

im getting this! love ratchet and jak games so this is a match made in heaven. so how is work on the resistance game for ngp? is it hard? easy? do you like the power of the handheld please ansewer soon!

+ digitalman123 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

FIRST annual? Cole vs. Kratos vs. Nate Drake next? Probably not…

+ narwhalSTAB on February 9th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

This looks better than I thought it would. Officially interested now.

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Be sure to pre order to get your free skins!

+ zekececil14 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

@25
What? No they didn’t! Give me your sources.

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 9th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

@zekececil, Spyro has been on wii, DS, xbox, and basically every system ever invented :(

+ sethchilders on February 9th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Awesome trailer! I was a little skeptical of this at first, but I might end up buying it after seeing this.

+ TomHoang on February 9th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

I just got a Navigation controller, so now I can enjoy this game to the fullest. Also, this might just be an Amazon exclusive, but you get the alternate costumes for all three characters from pre ordering there.

I have not played a Jak & Daxter game yet, but hopefully an HD collection is in the works.

+ darthlego on February 9th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Already pre-ordered. I hope it is worth it, but seeing some more of it in this trailer makes it seem more likely that it will.

Seeing this makes me miss some of the characters. We already know Sly 4 is coming, but where is Jak 4? Or the Rachet and Clank and Jak collections.

+ gerneric123 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

The suggestions for a sequel have been truly terrible. Helghast Soldiers, and Uncharted characters wouldn’t work in this set up.

You’d need characters like (the aforementioned) Ape Escape monkeys, Hot Shots characters, Parappa, Patapons, etc.

+ Blkant on February 9th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

I cannot help but wonder how many people are actually aware of what nihilism is. :P

Anyways, please consider a Dan Fortesque from Medievil DLC pack. It may have been from the old PS1 days, but it is a classic and great first party title. :)

+ gerneric123 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

By the way, Dark Daxter (the form Daxter transforms into) is a form revealed in Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. Given it’s included in that, I think it’s safe to say that is Jak 4.

+ Justp94 on February 9th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

OMG!!!! Please tell me PlayStation Move Heroes is like a sign from the Video Game GODS that Naughty Dog is planning a new Jak & Daxter????

+ Baron162 on February 9th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

Why did the bring back the abomination that is dark Daxter??? that was by far the stupidest move for the franchize.
[DELETED] Dark Daxter

+ JAk_HAk on February 9th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

Exclusive to Playstation Move? That was a sly move. Now I’ll have to go and buy the wand thing, unless of course I just skip this title altogether. Watching the Let’s Play on YouTube it is…

Bummer. This looks fun.

+ pscoolman on February 9th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

KEVIN MILLER!!!!! MATT OLSEN!!!!!

+ pscoolman on February 9th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

and there’s where you see the extra hair on sly’s chin from the sly 4 trailer

+ hxczuner on February 9th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

This just makes me want a Sony crossover fighting game like Super Smash Bros….. Since that’s unlikely, this’ll do. Looks good.

+ rjejr on February 9th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

Jak and Daxter is still my favorite game ever. Jak 2 was ok, not a big fan of it turning into GTA mission based gameplay. Jak 3 I personally refer to as Jak 2 1/2 b/c it was really more of the same. Jak X I still haven’t played b/c I did’t like racers at the time. I’ve never owned a PSP so none of those either.
I loved the first Sly, the 2nd were ok.
R&C were all great except that multiplayer one.
So please let this be good.

+ rjejr on February 9th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

“Move required (so yeah, exclusive). You can use your DS3 in place of the Nav.”

Is the Nav or DS3 required or optional?

I actually own 4 PS3 controllers, but 2 are 3rd party and require dongles (which don’t work thru a USB hub, I tried) so with the Eye plugged in I’m down to 3 controllers plus the Move wand. Unless my wife plays Singstar then we’re down to 2 controllers and 1 Move wand. (Boy, I’m sure glad Sony took away those USB slots before Move came out.)

Mike Bates's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on February 9th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

Along with the PlayStation Move controller, either the PlayStation Move navigation controller or a DS 3 is required to play. For optimal gameplay, and a more streamlined experience, I recommend the Nav.

+ fraz17 on February 9th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

Was that Mike Erwin’s voice I just heard? It certainly sounds like him.

PAGE 1 2