PS4 - Transistor

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Will Be Released March 1st!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Cuthbert on Feb 10, 2011 // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

Hey PixelJunkies, the date has been set in stone – PixelJunk Shooter 2 will be released exclusively to PlayStation Network on March 1st! The glowing previews should begin flying in soon too (fingers crossed)!

PixelJunk Shooter 2

Compared to the original, this game is packed even more full of lovely gushing liquid action across three entirely new worlds, and there is a whole new game in itself with the online versus mode we have put in there (over 20 weapons and abilities for you to use against your opponent!). This is why it has taken a little longer than expected to get this into your hands, but we’re really happy that now, after winging its way through the digital tapestry called “game submission,” it has been approved for release!

PixelJunk Shooter 2 PixelJunk Shooter 2

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks as we have some very interesting things to announce and remember to tune into our PixelJunk Radio podcast if only to hear us talk in dulcet tones!

If you have any questions about Shooter 2, fire away below and either myself or Ariel will attempt to answer them!

PAGE 1 2

+ jonathan_val on February 10th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

i cant wait…
day 1… :)

+ xeno3d on February 10th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Sweet!

+ Ethereal on February 10th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Awesome! Loved the first, will be picking this up.

+ JonJonXD on February 10th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

This looks pretty amazing! I loved the first one, so I can’t wait for this :). Will the game play be the same as the first game or is there a lot more added to the single player experience?

So here are some questions about the multi-player:

How many players?

Will there be some sort of a rank system?

How many different game modes?

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

Hey there, sorry about the delayed response, had some trouble logging in :)
    Online play is 1 on 1 and is a leagued ranking system in which you earn “money” to buy items with each battle you win. You can even gamble on the outcome of a battle if you feel really tough.

There is only 1 game mode in the online play and if you search in the PS Blog archives there is an entry describing it from a few months ago. It’s a kind of cat&mouse style of play with a Hunter and a Hunted.

+ Moosehole on February 10th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

SO excited for this!

+ boxmyth on February 10th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Awesome news. Loved the 1st one.
Will you guys be supporting 3D at all?

+ RedGiant17 on February 10th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

Without going in to too many details, will there be trophies for multiplayer?

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

I seem to recall there are one or two, but nothing too hard (or the people who don’t like online play wouldn’t be able to get 100%).

+ Enforcer_X on February 10th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

Day 1!
Awesome!

+ ebbhead1991 on February 10th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

Fantastic news! Can’t wait to add it to my Q-Games collection. Loving the PixelJunk Radio Podcast as well – I really want to try crumpets now!

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

Crumpets, dripping with butter, are delicious (and probably a hazard to one’s health)

+ stlthriot on February 10th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

This is great news! I am totally excited! :D

+ Chrystolis on February 10th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Awesome! Glad it’s finally on its way out! The multiplayer mode sounds like it should be worth the extra waiting time :)

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Yes, sorry about the wait! But somethings just take time to get right! :)

+ DeathGazer on February 10th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

Put this up an hour too soon? lol

Seriously though, happy there’s a release date finally.

+ KwietStorm on February 10th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

FINALLY.

+ fester420 on February 10th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Will there be a 3D patch?

+ Cloud_2049 on February 10th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

Playstation Plus discount? :)

+ SuMizzle on February 10th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

What beverage should I drink as I play?

+ Ariel Angelotti on February 12th, 2011 at 12:35 am said:

I guess that the best answer to this is “to each his own,” but might I suggest a tall, cold glass of milk?

+ Voodoo_Lou on February 10th, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

Price?

+ TheChicagoShadow on February 10th, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

Nice and im guessing 14.99 price tag going on shooter 1

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

I don’t know for certain yet but I’d bet it is the same price as the original (which was 9.99 as far as I recall?)

+ Gothdom on February 10th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

I have one question: Who’s doing the music this time? (And thank you for making me discover HFB, bought their album as soon as it came out)

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

Yes, HFB have provided some awesome tracks and as Andy says in a comment below, we are preparing a combined Shooter 1+2 soundtrack for release! (PSN+iTunes)

More news on that soon!

+ Zepinephrine on February 10th, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

Day one purchase X2. I’ll be getting a copy as well as my buddy. We’re both big fans of the first so we can’t wait to mix it up in multiplayer. It looks fantastic and PixelJunk always serves up quality product.

+ JrXC on February 10th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

How much will it cost? I’ll be sure to pick this one up after playing through the first one so many times.

+ jt_bombtrak on February 10th, 2011 at 1:41 pm said:

Can…not….wait.

My one and only question: why add competitive multiplayer, but skip out on online co-op?

I’ve had a lot of fun playing the original via couch co-op, but really wanted to share the fun with my online friends as well.

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

We’re always trying to do something different and wanted to try our hand at a more competitive online mode with different rules and cool new weapons. Because we only have a certain no. of fingers and toes with which to program with we had to choose one or the other, so we chose to challenge ourselves with something we hadn’t done before.

+ electronicpart on February 10th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

yes finally , but what date?

+ gus_xl on February 10th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

I loved the first one, but it honestly felt shorter than some demos that I’ve played. Hopefully this will last me a little longer.

+ Ariel Angelotti on February 12th, 2011 at 12:37 am said:

I think any fears that you may have will be assuaged on March 1st!

+ b00kthree on February 10th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Loved the first one. Can’t wait. Well, actually, I can. I think a decent Playstation Plus discount could push me over, though.

+ A74promotions on February 10th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Hi all, Andy here, High Frequency Bandwidth’s manager. Sorry to jump in Dylan, but yes, the music on Shooter 2 will be by HFB. You will also be able to purchase the official soundtrack to both games on PSN and iTunes etc by the end of March. Enjoy !

+ Zezzler on February 10th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

I don’t have any questions, but i just wanted to thank the entire team over at Q games for making these really awesome experiences. Each one being extremely unique, and most importantly, fun! I also wanted to thank you all for really listening to the community and your fans! I look forward to picking up this, and am even more excited about the future of PixelJunk!

Thanks for the update Dylan!

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

Thanks for your support too, we’ll keep on trying to make new and fun stuff!

+ KazeEternal on February 10th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

Ah man, I’ve been looking forward to this game forever and you choose the week after Killzone 3 release to finally let it release. I’m really beginning to wonder if sony hates it when I buy things on release date lol.

+ Phake on February 10th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

WOOT!

Is this going to be the first in Series 2? Or is this considered Series 1 still?

Day One Purchase… btw, you should comment more about http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelJunkRadio

Keep up the good work guys.

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Are you enjoying the podcast? It’s a lot of fun for us to reveal more about our lives as gaijin game devs in Kyoto.

+ MiiAmigo on February 10th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

YES! More awesome gameplay from a very fun game to quench my thirst. Thanks very much.

+ MiiAmigo on February 10th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

Oh and can we please get an awesome dynamic theme too? I would buy that instantly as well.

+ musicman1234 on February 10th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

Whats going on Dylan and Ariel. Will there be a great Home reward in the game as the first one?

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

There are a few Home things in the works, including a re-visit to some older titles too. Wait and see!

+ explosive78 on February 10th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

About time. Wish it came out in a dry season, but playstation doesn’t seemto have those this year. I will buy, but probably won’t get a chance to play for awhile. Kz3 will have my time.

+ Chuckbait on February 10th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

Smooth. I’m hoping the game costs $9.99 If PJS2 costs more than 10 bucks, I’ll just wait for it to go on sale. Good luck with sales!

+ prongwongtong on February 10th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

This appeals to my needs

+ Aspherex on February 10th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

Looking great. My only complaint with PJ Shooter 1 was that it was too short and not very replayable. But with three worlds and new content I hope it should last a lot longer than the original (will it?) Also any news on the next (new) PixelJunk project? How about that fabled 2-x series?

+ Surfaced on February 10th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Price?

+ FredNation on February 10th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Demo!?

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

A demo is in the works – for the time being we concentrated on getting the full game out to everyone asap!

+ SpiritThief on February 10th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

INSTANT BUY!

Will there be more trophies this time?

+ UnRealistic_Hero on February 10th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

Will there be online story mode?

+ MaGNeTiX on February 10th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

I have a question! Why are PJ just so damn awesome? ^.^

PJS2 ftw!

+ leo8877 on February 10th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

Excellent news!!

+ VixDiesel on February 10th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

About time, I can’t wait.

+ OldKai on February 10th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

Whether it’s $10 or $15, I don’t care, been waiting for this for a while.

+ ihatereading369 on February 10th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

Any chance of getting a little incentive for Playstation Plus?

+ juggalokenny on February 10th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

im waiting for a pixeljunk monsters 2. i loved the first one bought it on psp and ps3

+ SpyDudeFX on February 10th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

Oh no why couldn’t you say 2/15 or 2/22? lol Are there going to be Home unlockables? If so can we get a preview of the content?

+ wocyob on February 10th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

like always this game will be amazing like all the other pixeljunk titles so it should be a no brainier that every ps3 owner should pick this and all PJ titles up

day one for me :)

+ Butters360 on February 10th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Thank you for the SUHWEET Birthday present! I am definitely going to play this one to death :)

+ Ariel Angelotti on February 12th, 2011 at 12:40 am said:

Aw, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one. And may your March be filled with PixelJunk Shooter love!

+ cfountain on February 10th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

please be $10 bucks! too many $15 games coming out. Its first day buy at $10.

PAGE 1 2