PS4 - Transistor

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Will Be Released March 1st!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Cuthbert on Feb 10, 2011 // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

Hey PixelJunkies, the date has been set in stone – PixelJunk Shooter 2 will be released exclusively to PlayStation Network on March 1st! The glowing previews should begin flying in soon too (fingers crossed)!

PixelJunk Shooter 2

Compared to the original, this game is packed even more full of lovely gushing liquid action across three entirely new worlds, and there is a whole new game in itself with the online versus mode we have put in there (over 20 weapons and abilities for you to use against your opponent!). This is why it has taken a little longer than expected to get this into your hands, but we’re really happy that now, after winging its way through the digital tapestry called “game submission,” it has been approved for release!

PixelJunk Shooter 2 PixelJunk Shooter 2

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks as we have some very interesting things to announce and remember to tune into our PixelJunk Radio podcast if only to hear us talk in dulcet tones!

If you have any questions about Shooter 2, fire away below and either myself or Ariel will attempt to answer them!

PAGE 1 2

+ trev456 on February 10th, 2011 at 5:46 pm said:

Por favor please be $9.99. But I’m willing to bet that it’ll be $14.99…

+ alok893 on February 10th, 2011 at 6:08 pm said:

Pixel Junk Shooter.My fav game on PSN except for Flower.

+ Link01 on February 10th, 2011 at 6:37 pm said:

Do you have a price to announce? Do PS+ members get a discount?

+ Justp94 on February 10th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

MLB 11 The Show & PlayStation Move Heroes in March… and now this? ughhh i need some money! and PRONTO!

+ Berae on February 10th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

Nice! Cant wait for that game and your next project ;)

+ jmanxp on February 10th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

love Q games i got most and i am getting this one part 1 was real good

+ starBlinky01 on February 10th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

is there a deal for ps+ users!? I just got ps+ and I really hope this is free or has a deal!

+ Kinetic808 on February 10th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

YUMMY!!!!

+ ModernYorkster on February 10th, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

Ok I have a little check list I would like answered if at all possible, and may answer a lot of peoples questions.

1. Will their be a playable Demo/Trail?
2. Will their be XMB Invite (The ability to send an invite and join without being in the game)
3. Will their be Voice Chat?
4. Is their a party system?

Thanks

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

1. yes, but it is still being made so will be a few weeks after launch at the very least. It will be a demo of the multiplayer versus game!
    2. yes!
    3. yes!
    4. the game is only 1vs1 so we didn’t implement a party system.

+ OldKai on February 10th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

I wouldn’t expect a game like this to be free with Plus, a $3 discount maybe, but free?.. that would be insane, but if you would consider making this the free Plus game for March, that’d be nice. lol

+ Hockymn264 on February 10th, 2011 at 9:01 pm said:

Who cares about a demo…or the price..all I have to say is…

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

+ tonydamiani on February 10th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

FINALLY W00T HOPEFULLY WE PS + GAMERS HAVE A DISCOUNT :P

+ DZORMAGEN on February 10th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

If Plus offers the 1st game for FREE when this game releases then I will buy this game along side of it!

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 11th, 2011 at 12:46 am said:

…I miss overhead shooters, first one was amazing…

+ EJStrat on February 11th, 2011 at 12:47 am said:

Cool, the first one was fun, but I beat it and 100% the trophies the same day I bought it. Kinda threw me off, cuz the other PJ games (Monsters and Eden at least, i never played racer) had 4-5x the play time.

I’ll still pick this up. I’ll be very disappointed if its a $15 release, too many publishers are trying to push that price tag recently, they don’t understand that a game needs to be SERIOUS QUALITY to warrant the 1.5x pricetag. So please stick with $10, pretty please. And while you’re at it, make it free for PS+, I’d be a happy camper -)

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be $15 so don’t worry… and the game IS serious quality anyway :)
    (well I’m bound to say that but…)

+ blood_leak45 on February 11th, 2011 at 12:52 am said:

where is the MASS Effect 2 corrupt save patch?

+ Rival_31 on February 11th, 2011 at 6:54 am said:

What will it’s price be?

+ Phake on February 11th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Well I hope some our questions will be answered in your next posting. Thanks for all the great work PixelJunk.

+ HouseMorton on February 11th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Can’t wait! By the way, is 1-4 (Dungeons?) dead?

+ Sneeches on February 11th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

better have a demo or I’m not buying it..

+ Thrill_Kill on February 11th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

I have two questions. The first is, will this game have 3D support? and second, will it have headset communication for online play?

Either way, day one purchase for me.

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on February 11th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

Voice chat is enabled, yes! The game is a bit too 2d for 3d support so we opted out on that so we could concentrate on other features.

+ LunarRoar on February 12th, 2011 at 3:55 am said:

YES! I’ve been waiting for this game ever since PJS1′s ending, great news to find out it’s only a few days away :D

+ Phake on February 12th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

I am so glad I checked back!! Thanks for the updates Dylan.

I just loaded up PSHOME and visited the PJ Space. Man I love that place :) Can’t wait to see what new unlocks you guys come up with.

Oh joy, the hurry up and wait-itis.

PAGE 1 2