PS4-The Order

Killzone 3: MAWLR Graveyard and Meet the Medic

Aryeh Loeb's Avatar + Posted by Aryeh Loeb on Feb 11, 2011 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Here’s a look at a previously unrevealed Killzone 3 multiplayer map, MP7 MAWLR Graveyard. The MAWLR Graveyard is located on one of the few remaining active scrap yards near Pyrrhus, known as the Sukmere Pit. An intricate conveyor system runs throughout this vital processing facility, transferring detritus from the southernmost pit to the train station and crusher in the north. Many a careless worker has died trying to cross the yard when the crusher is active, and a lot of players will likely suffer the same fate… Or, when they’re in control of the crusher, use its power against their opponents.

As you can tell from the video, the Field Medic is a powerful asset to his team. His primary ability is to revive fallen teammates, but in addition to keeping them on the battlefield, he can also grant them additional health and ammo after revival. A fully upgraded Field Medic can call on the aid of a Medi-Droid that will hover near the Field Medic and provide cover while he revives other players. He can even attain the ability to stand up after getting fatally wounded – a perfect opportunity to surprise the enemy after they’ve left you for dead. This can also be seen in this video.

MP7 MAWLR Graveyard is playable in Warzone (24 players) and Operations (16 players) game modes. Aside from the deadly crushers, players will also find mortar beacons in the spawn areas.

PAGE 1 2

+ Chase167 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

sweet

+ G-Force08 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Seriously, all of these videos we have seen, I want to add WilliamWins lol.

Great stuff, just a little over a week longer! OOOOOH cant wait!

+ the_FREELANCER on February 11th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ Victoryismine52 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

saw this on the killzone blog and really makes me want to level up my medic tonight

+ guitarded77 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Quit teasing us!!!!! I want the game now… it’s ready, just release it early :)

+ MassaBR on February 11th, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

It seems that the range for the Medic’s revive gun got a much needed boost from the current open beta, nice!

+ Hockymn264 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

Medic for life!

+ bbonds_007 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

How did he revive that first guy from so far away? In the beta you have to practically be on top the guy and its quite annoying. In fact its annoying they made it a prompt only action instead of being an actual tool/weapon in KZ2.

+ Azfargh on February 11th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

The level it´s kind of… “meh”

+ dirtyd89 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Marksman and Tactician have always been my main classes of choice but I’ll give the Medic a go.

+ El_Flash on February 11th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

looking good, cant wait, a little over a week now. See you guys on the battlefields.

+ Ronjeep on February 11th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

I’m dying for an answer to this question.

Will the PS Move work in the splitscreen co-op? So for example I am using the sharpshooter and my buddy is using the standard controller.

I’m excited for the game and I plan to get all the fixings but this question has been on my mind for a bit.

+ Sneeches on February 11th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

loving the beta so far…when it actually works. Can’t wait for the game..only another week to go.

+ TheAlbraskan on February 11th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

Interesting map, I’d hate to be crushed by that compactor. Also nice to see the medic’s revive tool has a better range than it currently does in the open beta. That was one thing that was bothering me about the Medic in the open beta.

+ spideyal on February 11th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Wow, now I can see this being one of my favorite maps. I think the good part about the small amount of maps is that they can be perfected design-wise. And so far I love the shown map designs.

Less than two weeks until release. Hope everyone has got their pre-order in.

+ Victoryismine52 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

@12 Not sure about the full game but I can tell you it doesn’t work in the demo I tried to use move last night on the demo while playing co-op with my wife and it didn’t work at all. I hope that they allow it in the full game cause my wife wants to play with the move when we play co-op

+ BloodShot16 on February 11th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Looks Great! Just a quick question, are the attachments customizable like with the silencer on or off?

Aryeh Loeb's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 11th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

No, those are part of the weapon.

+ yoge on February 11th, 2011 at 10:57 am said:

awesome

+ StealthReborn– on February 11th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Is there any chance of KZ3 being put on the PSN store for those who want to buy it digitally instead of retail? I asked this question a couple of weeks ago, and got a response saying that the team wasn’t sure at the moment. Is there any update to whether or not it’ll be on the PSN store to be digitally downloaded? Thanks. :)

Aryeh Loeb's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 11th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

No, the game won’t be available for digital download via PSN. Killzone 3 is taking up a full dual-layer Blu-ray disc and would be much too big of a download.

+ Carl-G on February 11th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

Looks amazing :P I can’t wait to get it + i am glad you can’t turn down the death sounds in the Beta :D I find them strange really.

+ nikrel on February 11th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

I’m ready to use my Sharpshooter! All I seem to play is the Medic class, one I enjoy the most.

+ vza004 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Is it just me, or the video screen looks like a screen from Black Ops? Y’know, that stage that has the rocket?

+ Link01 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

I just hope you guys get the connection errors sorted out and consider adding online co op

+ Untouchable_God on February 11th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

you know what would be EPIC! if you guys updated the beta on the last day, and let us play this map for 1 day.
Either way cant wait day 1 buy for me.

+ bbonds_007 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

@David Bull

No offense, but we heard the same story for MAG, LBP, inFamous, etc. So why should we believe KZ3 can not be compressed like the others have been?

+ xxDUNE on February 11th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Looks awesome. Can’t wait to play on the rest of the maps. Medic is the way to go.

Also, will the soundtrack you get with the Helghast Edition be available separately or is that the only way you can get it?

+ DarkRecoil on February 11th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Hey guys just a quick question:

recently got my PS3 and was wondering if there’s any chance of adding Killzone 2 to the playstation store for us new guys who missed it fist time round.

Thanks!

+ KwietStorm on February 11th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

@25 bbonds_007

I don’t ever remember those devs saying their games took up an entire disc. Either way, they weren’t available to download until well after release. That may happen with Killzone in the future, but not now.

+ M-Easy on February 11th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

I call BS, all I do is play as a medic and you Cannot! rez someone from that far away. You have to be right on top of them.

+ zekececil14 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

I have to hurry! I need $60 by the 22nd! I have $12, so I better get to it!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 11th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Cool! :)

+ NotoriousGamer on February 11th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

sick.

+ zekececil14 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

What is the point of the age thing? People who are old enough wont care, and people who aren’t wil lie.

+ jqtaxpayer on February 11th, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

@#33: It’s the transfer of liability, preventing some inattentive parent from deciding to sue the company on the basis of their own shortcomings.

+ CoreConspiracy on February 11th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

Wow the map looks awesome.

+ Blkant on February 11th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

Put more vehicles online! Especially one that allows you and a buddy to get in it (more than one person i.e. jeep/buggy).

Please?

+ Ama_Daoes on February 11th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

So how many maps are available when the full game ships? I know of Kaznan Jungle,Bilgorsk Boulevard,MAWLR Graveyard,Frozen Dam,
And the other two from the original Beta that I can’t recall right now lol. Will their be more reveals? And if so how many?

+ AngelMayLaugh on February 11th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Field medics have the ability to revive? Lol! I thought their primary ability was to just ignore fallen teammates and walk around dead corpses.

+ zekececil14 on February 11th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

@34
Yea, i would bet on that.

+ haldalish on February 11th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

thanks for fixing the medic. any plans to edit the bullet damage so the game isnt a twitchy clustermess?

also are you dropping the assault rifle from the Marksman as its so unbalanced as is.

+ Thrill_Kill on February 11th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

Looks great! I really cant wait to buy this when it hits on the 22nd! Unfortunately, I cant play anymore of the beta. I have to go in for surgery on the 16th for my hernia, and the pain is so bad I cant even enjoy the dang open beta. I hope everything feels better by the 22nd as I have REALLY been looking forward to this new Killzone experience since I beat the second Killzone game.

Kudos Guerrilla Games for making such an awesome trilogy! I hope this will not be the last Killzone to come out.

+ Superstrokey1123 on February 11th, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

Shot alot from the hip that player did, yessum he did

+ win-NI on February 11th, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

I’m loving how you can revive from such a distance. Hopefully you’ve also fixed it so that we can revive while the body (or us) is on the stairs :)

+ HaLe_2_NaTHaN on February 11th, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

all i know is that it better be working on day one or i just threw away $129.99.

+ footballrule on February 11th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

That map looks like it will be a lot of fun! More fun than Frozen Dam. :p
Medics are good, but i would use it if I could use the regular M82, not the one with the suppresor.

+ marlyt on February 11th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

I love getting up after some schlub thinks he has me down for good. Got my sharpshooter ordered and ready to kill kill kill!!!

+ letherclad on February 11th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

While we’re talking about the medic, it could use a little work. The ability where you revive yourself takes a little too long and its disorientating how you don’t have control of the camera and it rotates around you. Also the medic pistol needs more distance and less time to recharge.

In the beta, the medic is my main class, the multiplayer is a blast, I can’t wait for the game so there’s more maps :)

+ T-Jani on February 11th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

fix ADS

+ Nightmare-_-19 on February 11th, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

Everything about this game looks sweet except that the gun is burst fire. hopefully there will be an option to it

+ KAPADO on February 11th, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

I was under the impression it would be a helghast graveyard, but this is cool nevertheless, already made my preorder from Home .can’t wait

PAGE 1 2