PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet Community Update – Hansel & Gretelbot!!!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 11, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet - Hansel & Gretelbot

We’ve been keeping a secret! We’ve challenged 12 community members to create an EPIC storyline and playable levels in LittleBigPlanet 2. We wanted to see if they could create a full game experience within LBP2 – filled with cut-scenes, bosses and even mini-games. Great news is they’re almost finished and we wanted to give you a sneak peek of what they’ve been working on. Introducing…’Hansel & Gretelbot.’

Stay tuned when the levels will be available for your playing pleasure. Click here for the whole story directly from Media Molecule.

53 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ tigerfodder on February 11th, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

Going straight to my lbp.me queue once it’s ready.

+ scorpio182 on February 11th, 2011 at 7:11 am said:

Sounds great!!!

+ rjejr on February 11th, 2011 at 7:17 am said:

Great news. I’ve been so busy playing community levels – it’s amazing how many different iterations of Peggle there are – that I’m still on world 2 in story mode. I hope 1 of the 12 are recreating PvZ.

+ TonyTough on February 11th, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

That is just fantastic! Day 1 download for me. LOL

+ Hradekal on February 11th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

That is absolutely amazing! THIS is what LBP is all about! I want to see more stuff like this!

+ Link01 on February 11th, 2011 at 7:24 am said:

awesome, I can’t wait to play them :D

+ LightAce on February 11th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

omg love it

+ foodlionslave on February 11th, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Nice

+ TheGuardianFID on February 11th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

Freaking Awesome, amazing guys!!! 8)

+ UhOhBadDog on February 11th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

That looks brilliant! Can’t wait to play!

+ Shaelyn on February 11th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

This is awesome!!

+ MaxxAmmo on February 11th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

Schweeet!

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 11th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

When can we expect some new LBP2 DLC costumes to be on the PlayStation Store?

+ StoneyYoshi on February 11th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

i love how they are being more interactive with the community this time around! keep up the great work Mm!!!

+ Airwalkinman17 on February 11th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ sindiewen on February 11th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

Pretty amazing.

All im missing is the game.

+ NESGamepro on February 11th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

I only wish I was that awesome, I’ll just have to settle for playing other people’s masterpieces.

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 11th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Just watching everday gamers create something amazing is a lot of inspiration…double kudos to them

+ rera121989 on February 11th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

These levels are going to be amazing. These are really good creators; I can’t wait to play these levels.

P.S I got the LBP2 Dynamic Theme off Slurpee.com/Rewards its pretty cool.

+ rera121989 on February 11th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Any Upcoming DLC news?

+ DZORMAGEN on February 11th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Can you please answer my question because you guys dodged my question last week!!

When will we see Disney Princess Pack?

Why are the Slurpee Codes not working?

Also are these levels DLC or levels that we can queue in the game?

+ DZORMAGEN on February 11th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

sorry “questions” for 21

+ ChaseHammerJ on February 11th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

cool. Sadly again, i am not a creator so it bites that I have to wait for others to make the cool stuff. but awesome still.

+ thekillermiller on February 11th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

No fair! Not invited to the ball. Face Sad.

+ DZORMAGEN on February 11th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

I hope everyone here and at Mm has a chance to play my level World of Color by: DZormagen

Warning: Very Colorful! :)

+ x-former on February 11th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

WOW!!! That looked incredible! Cant wait to try it out!!

+ Sneeches on February 11th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

day 1 download for me :)

+ Permafry_42 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

awesome! but is it going to be 100% free?

+ df2506 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

WOW! Looks great! I can’t wait to play it. :)

+ df2506 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

Btw, here’s the LBP.me link for Hansel & Gretelbot: http://lbp.me/u/Hansel_Gretelbot

Its not up yet, of course, but still this is a handy link for the future. :)

+ wooster6 on February 11th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

awesome!!! i can’t wait! i wonder if it will cost any thing i hope it does not.

+ xkappax on February 11th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Hey, guys, thanks for all your kind comments about the project. I hope it lives up to expectations. We’ve all been working very, very long on this. :) And it will be free, from what I understand. ^_^

+ DeadCell34 on February 11th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Not to be a downer but I’m not very impressed. The platform level looked good, but everything else was basically a copy of what MM has already done in the LBP2 story mode.

+ MadeInBrazil__ on February 11th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

If this is future DLC, please don’t forget to add more trophies! :D

+ Ozmafire101 on February 11th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

Awesome stuff, can’t wait to play it

+ CECH-1337 on February 11th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

Hands down, my hands are up on this rollercoster of Sackboy™ awsomeness!!!!

+ texas_ride on February 11th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

this is awesome, but i’d like to see levels released as dlc (maybe extended the story somehow) with additional trophies to earn. perhaps this could become free dlc with trophies if it gets half a million plays? something like that. also that way the collectibles will be in with my regular stuff if they are good.

+ Ranger_A on February 11th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

A suggestion for the creators. Don’t let all the episodes show up at once. I think that may have killed the last effort at this kind of thing in LBP.

Having said that though, I can’t wait!

Some of the best creators getting together for this is what LBP2, with all its content and possibilities, was made for.

+ NorthernLitez on February 11th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Those are great looking levels. I can’t wait to pickup the DLC

+ starBlinky01 on February 11th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

This looks better then the MM story levels.. lol

I thought the MM story levels weren’t very good though :(

+ footballrule on February 11th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Sounds great! I love LBP2 and the best thing about it is the online community levels! Can’t wait!

+ Capshot18 on February 11th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Cool, can’t wait to play this.

+ trev456 on February 11th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

looks great!

+ Horrorcain on February 11th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

I don’t know how easy this kind of promotion or opportunity is to come by, but all I know is that it needs to happen a lot more. As in every month or every other month.

+ Horrorcain on February 11th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Something like how DCUO is supposed to support its game like an MMO, every month or every other month, monthly content. Even so ‘KUDOS’ Media Molecule.

+ Budapesti on February 12th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

LBP2 has an incredibly robust Community interface, what with all the search options as well as LBP.me. I’m really glad Mm and Sony are promoting the high quality community levels, and celebrating their creators. LittleBigPlanet is a very, very special series – I think it’s one of the few games where people feel an almost emotional attachment to their creations and the creations of others.
Also, I’ll join in the chorus who are finding the anticipation unbearable with regards to potential DLC. Hopefully we’ll have some news soon?
And I’m not above promoting my own modest creations, so please check out my 2001: A Space Odyssey-inspired level…

+ WizardofWestland on February 12th, 2011 at 4:20 am said:

Awesome, wasn’t Hansel and Gretel about those kids that get abandoned by their parents and find that candy house? Then, I remember, the witch tries to eat the kids… oh well.

+ markang1 on February 12th, 2011 at 4:32 am said:

SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Kirkpad on February 12th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

Nice to hear this is going to be free!

+ darthvsith on February 12th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

Sooooo looking forward to this. Thank you, Creators!

PAGE 1 2