PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

ModNation Monday: To ModNation With Love

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on Feb 14, 2011 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

The Black Eyed Peas couldn’t seem to spell it correctly, but we can (L-O-V-E) and we have plenty of that for the ModNation this week. Double XP, FREE DLC, and love for the PSP (somebody write a song, that rhymes!) and more!

“I’ll Scratch Your Back, You Scratch Mine”
How’s this for a “sweetheart” deal? I’ve done some wheelin‘n’dealin’ to get you some much desired Double XP so get ready to crank it up this week. Double XP “Week of Love” runs from February 15th – 21st.

Now here’s what I need from you… MORE Tracks! MORE Karts! MORE Mods! I’m very impressed with all the creations I have seen so far but I have an insatiable appetite for more! Since I’m asking you to spend your time building tracks the least I can do is return the favor. I will seriously look at EVERY track submitted as well as thoroughly test drive each track considered for Hot Lap status. In fact I’d consider it an honor. It is art!

Deal? You can submit your creations HERE 24/7.

FREE DLC (One Week Only): Lovebug Mod and Swan Kart

ModNation Racers - Lovebug SwanKart

Until now, no one actually knew what the Lovebug looked like. The investigative team at UFG have put together an “artist rendering” based on eyewitness accounts from both young and old who have been bitten by this beautiful(?) creature. The Swan kart on the other hand may be fiction. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, these are our gift to you.

Free DLC love for one week only!

UPCOMING DLC

Your next kart will need some very “Progressive” design. You’ll be fine, just “Go With The Flo” early in March.

CREATIONS OF THE WEEK

Tracks of the Week

Monday: The Summit Plummet by Sherris
Tuesday: Isla Luxoria by atheistsw
Wednesday: The Twist of Old Town by beatdough
Thursday: Tanuki Town by dane9261
Friday: City of Deneb by Cygnus2780

SPOTLIGHT TRACK OF THE WEEK

The Summit Plummet by Sherris

ModNation Racers - Summit1

ModNation Racers - Summit2 ModNation Racers - Summit3

Sherris says: “I wanted to create a track with a nice open feel to it before it threw you into a very narrow Tunnel/mine shaft. I love off-roading and challenging alternate routes that feel satisfying when you pull them off.”

Mark: “I think Wookiepedia better describes racing your track-

Podracing was a popular sport in the less-developed regions of the galaxy. It has been called ‘the ultimate test of skill and daring on Tatooine,’ and was certainly one of the most dangerous sports ever invented, killing many racers.

That was exactly my experience! It took me a long time to finish towards the top on the amazing off-road track.”

PS3 MOD AND KART OF THE WEEK

Mod Name: Combat Drone (type 2)
Creator: Shelbot3001 – “This mod is designed to be an aquatic drone with the appearance that it is hovering above your kart.”

ModNation Racers - Drone1 ModNation Racers - Drone2

Kart Name: Thorny Rose
Creator: CroTim – “It was meant to be beautiful, yet rugged, so all the stickers of roses have thorns. I accomplished the look as if the rose vines were coming out from under the hood and from the front wheels.”

ModNation Racers - Thorn_2

YOU DOWN WITH PSP?

Mark: Yeah you know me!

PSP owners, do you own ModNation Racers for the PSP? Every week we will highlight a FANTASTIC PSP track, mod and kart for the community’s admiration. I know I have been blown away at what I’ve seen so far. Let’s keep going! (Any impressive stats on how many tracks, karts, and mods we have online?)

If you are new to track creation on the PSP, here are links to some great tutorials from MNR PSP Producer Vernon Mollette:

PSP “Spotlight” Creations:

Track: Sink Hole
Mod: The Freak by JT_JT_JT
Kart: Tokio Drift by Bomber_Man721

I hope you like some of the new features we are adding to the ModNation Monday blog. Stay tuned in, more to come!

Have fun out there!

Mark

PAGE 1 2

+ digitalman123 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:10 am said:

I thought Love Bug was a community Mod. Is this turning in a LBP2 thing? UFG Picks? I’m-a likin’ it!

+ Shakatu on February 14th, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

“Progressive…” “Flo…” Didn’t we already get those?
Cool double XP and Valentine’s stuff, though! Too bad you couldn’t actually release them BEFORE Valentine’s Day, like LittleBigPlanet, cuz that would just make too much sense…

+ MoneyMaker110 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

i didn’t know the love bug would be free, good stuff

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

+ digitalman123 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:15 am said:

Oh yeah, did you guys add a thing to the Career mode where you can see your best finish, like 1st being your best finishing position, and it shows it on the race? That’d make my attempt at 1st in every race for the gold trophy easier, and I’m not going back to ModNation unless that’s put in. I think it’d be awesome if that was there.

+ digitalman123 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:17 am said:

And by on the race I mean when you’re over the race icon, it shows your best finish position.

+ Yeroon on February 14th, 2011 at 6:20 am said:

And when is casual mode added?

(i know that there was a patch some time ago, but that didn’t change a thing with the insane difficulty of this game)

+ Sparky_117 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:27 am said:

Now this is cool! I was hoping that the Lovebug mod would be free and it will be this week and you also get a free kart on top of it. In addition, it’s Double XP Week again. This will give me a good chance to rank up. Thanks, Mark.

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Doing what we can!

+ moriarty1975 on February 14th, 2011 at 6:33 am said:

Are the “Tracks of the week” the tracks for the hot lap roster this week?

Snow theme/tour soon please! ;)

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Yes. Tracks of the week will be the Hot Lap tracks.
    Did you notice anything different in ModSpot this morning?

+ shyguyNC on February 14th, 2011 at 6:46 am said:

so what was the 193MB update? I assumed the snow theme, but …

+ shyguyNC on February 14th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

oh and thank you so much for the double xp week! looks like i’ll be playing nothing but modnation for a week …

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Spread he word!

+ rjejr on February 14th, 2011 at 6:54 am said:

Awesome swan kart.

+ Shadow-Man_4 on February 14th, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

Awesome, I’ve been busy away of ModNation Racers this month. I think this weekend is the time to come back! Thanks for this great content and hope to see more content coming! ;)

+ atheistsw on February 14th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

probably the earliest I’ve ever seen this blog up, good job Mark!

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

It’s my goal to have it early as possible though it depends on other posts on this blog.

+ foodlionslave on February 14th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Free DLC!! I likey!! Way to go UFG!!

+ StealthReborn– on February 14th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

Can’t believe my “The Fallen Warriors” track didn’t make it up there for hotlap. Eye Carumba… Check it out Mark, you’ll enjoy it.

Thanks for free DLC and Double XP.

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

I’ll look for it!
    We finish the blog on Wednesdays so new tracks after that dont get seen until the following week.

+ dane9261 on February 14th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

YES! First Hot lap FTW!!!

+ pitythefool852 on February 14th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Dear UFG, if you do a ModNation 2, will you pull a LBP and transfer all the old levels over to the new game :)

By the way, I was really disappointed about True Crime being cancelled. It looked amazing, and you guys really nailed the feel of Hong Kong. I hope you guys can get the game published, maybe by SCE as a PS3 exclusive :D :D :D

From pitythefool852 in Hong Kong

+ DZORMAGEN on February 14th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Finally after all these weeks, you guys finally decide to give something FREE to the community!! It took long enough!!

+ Anton_Xul on February 14th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

What is up with the bug that people can’t play anymore since the new patch? What exactly did the patch do? All I hear is that it freezes the game in the loading screen. This needs a response and quick!

+ WhiteF8ng on February 14th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

What’s w/ the progressive DLC coming again or is it a different kind of mod & kart?

+ Shadow-Man_4 on February 14th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

Are you the new Community Manager for UFG? If so, I hope you post more on here and on the official forums.

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

I’m the community manager for ModNation Racers but I’m out of San Diego Studios.

+ Chipe13 on February 14th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

Is it easy to play with strangers online in a randomly created map? That is one reason I bought this game, but have not played since launch because of disapointment due to not being able to play random maps with random people online.

+ NoonenF1 on February 14th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Sweet, double XP week, maybe I’ll finally reach level 30 after all. At my rate though, I will need at least two separate double XP weeks. This looks like I will have to give GT5 a rest.

+ MabsterB on February 14th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

New progressive and Flo? That was released a long time ago.
Any word on if Boardwalk, Flaming Jumps and Drift Paradise are making back into the game?
What about the bug in the latest patch that is keeping people from loading the game. Is it being worked on?
Also, thanks for removing the Trackstudio kart. That was really screwing stuff up.

+ Gtagentleman on February 14th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

The nose of the Lovebug is a bit suggestive.

+ atheistsw on February 14th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

Brilliant, you said you’d sort out Top Tracks and low and behold you’ve stayed true to your word, 5 brand new tracks showing now, great stuff! :D

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

I’m glad WE got this working, as a gamer AND as part of the Dev Team for MNR!

+ JAk_HAk on February 14th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Yup, still can’t unsee it. Too bad.

+ FeistFan on February 14th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

@digitalman123: “can see your best finish, like 1st being your best finishing position”

All of the races in career mode have a reward for finishing first — so if you’ve EVER finished first, you can tell, because you’ve unlocked those rewards.

Hmmm…or did you buy the “unlock everything” key? I don’t know what it looks like with that. I’ve got exactly ONE stinking challenge left (same one I’ve had for months now — the very last challenge on the very last track), so I don’t want to buy the unlock everything key for me (but I might get it for the kids…which means I’d have it too. Drat.)

+ maverick–07– on February 14th, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

Hey Mark, the last few weeks the hot lap from Friday has been stuck on there throughout the weekend. I thought random UFG tracks were supposed to be on hot lap on Saturday and Sunday?

I’m also hoping the missing tracks from XP series return for 2x XP week…

Thanks for continuing to support this game!

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

didn’t notice that. hmmmm
    I’ll watch for it this weekend

+ Mark Wilson on February 14th, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

@digitalman123
thanks for jumping in to help!

+ Spinout209 on February 14th, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

I’m glad to see Double XP, hopefully now I can hit level 30 and finally get my first platinum trophy and it’ll be on Modnation Racers.

+ CAPNDigital on February 14th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

Great job Mark on having the Blog up so early – love it!
Thanks for the Double XP and FREE DLC – love it!

Hearing some mixed & troubling reports about a 1.08 patch – can’t load game after updating – VERY CONCERNED before I LOAD IT -
What’s the status and how common is the Loading problem????

+ angelspawn77 on February 14th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

awesome! Thank you guys!

+ grey_jeep on February 14th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

Sweet! Thanks for the free mod and kart! I’ve been thinking of getting back on MNR! We need lots of track dlc though!

+ MabsterB on February 14th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

CAPNDigital, they are finally looking into it on the forums and asking a couple questions to the infected trying to find a commonality. Hard to say exactly how common it is but 10% of my friends list that still play MNR has been hit by it.

+ Devin93 on February 14th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

How many time can we submit a track? How many tracks can we submit per week?

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

You can submit as many as you would like. I hope with some renewed enthusiasm the quantity of tracks submitted will increase a little. This would be a good problem to have. But, as a rule we only look at the current weeks submissions. This could mean some of your tracks would make the cut on the week and then not considered the next week. Does this make sense? I would do one a week if I was you.

+ CAPNDigital on February 14th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

@34
MabsterB, thanks for the info. Hope it’s resolved soon, with a Double XP week pending…

+ moriarty1975 on February 14th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

For anyone who is having problems with the 1.08 patch, Devs are looking or some info – http://tinyurl.com/48pulr5

+ moriarty1975 on February 14th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

….looking “for” some info.

+ Hooligantuan on February 14th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Love Bug’s nose is still kinda wangy, ha hahaha.

+ Elnath10 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Is not mentioned but I guess the Free lovebug DLC is going to be able to download starting tomorrow…

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

till the 21st. When I get KZ3 HELGHAST EDITION! I would be happy, but my ps3 is going to sony in a few days so I’m trying not to play much to avoid having to delete aton of stuff again.

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

till the 21st. When I get KZ3 HELGHAST EDITION! I would be happy, but my ps3 is going to sony in a few days so I’m trying not to play much to avoid having to delete a ton of stuff again.

+ jveloz21 on February 14th, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

I am o mad right now. When I tried to start Modnation on my PS3 this weekend, it required an update to connect online. I left it for like an hour and it wasn’t half way done. Sony has to fix this. I am tired of having to wait to update my games all the time for sooooooo long. But is it downloadable through PSN because that would be awesome, or do you have to download it through modnation?

+ shredder110 on February 14th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

So is that “El Snake-O” mod/kart still coming out this month? I remember back in December, you guys had a blog about upcoming dlc & he was shown for November with the Killzone one. Just wondering cuz the kart he was driving (which btw looked like an old elcamino) was awesome looking.

BTW, the Rose Wheels are useful with the coffin kart.

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

“El Snake-O”?
    Let me find out

+ KenobiEagle on February 14th, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

Stupid game update is keeping me from publishing 40-something new creations for this Double XP! It never goes past 0%; instead, it just ramps up the estimated remaining time into the thousands of minutes. Eventually, it does work but it still takes a long time. This is not cool. It happens nearly every time with any game. PLEASE FIX.

+ DRBOBO69 on February 14th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

great post had this game since day one im so stoked for this love bug mod looks sick check out some of my creations i have been working on them with my brother and am trying to get that insanely difficult star creator trophy

Proud ps+ member
stop the console wars if you think about it most gamers have all consoles every console has its pros and cons

+ Feonando on February 15th, 2011 at 12:06 am said:

Keep the great work! Quite a lovely game, even when I really suck at creating stuff on my own, and love getting new things from other people.

+ ghik16 on February 15th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

This is bound to fail.. Nobody plays the PSP version anymore.

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Then call me nobody!

+ OveReAction on February 15th, 2011 at 12:55 am said:

Yeh. I really feel ya. With that $14.00 Online patch, I don’t think it may be going well.

PAGE 1 2