Ratchet & Clank PS4

Feb 14

ModNation Monday: To ModNation With Love

Mark Wilson's Avatar Posted by Mark Wilson on Feb 14, 2011 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

The Black Eyed Peas couldn’t seem to spell it correctly, but we can (L-O-V-E) and we have plenty of that for the ModNation this week. Double XP, FREE DLC, and love for the PSP (somebody write a song, that rhymes!) and more!

“I’ll Scratch Your Back, You Scratch Mine”
How’s this for a “sweetheart” deal? I’ve done some wheelin‘n’dealin’ to get you some much desired Double XP so get ready to crank it up this week. Double XP “Week of Love” runs from February 15th – 21st.

Now here’s what I need from you… MORE Tracks! MORE Karts! MORE Mods! I’m very impressed with all the creations I have seen so far but I have an insatiable appetite for more! Since I’m asking you to spend your time building tracks the least I can do is return the favor. I will seriously look at EVERY track submitted as well as thoroughly test drive each track considered for Hot Lap status. In fact I’d consider it an honor. It is art!

Deal? You can submit your creations HERE 24/7.

FREE DLC (One Week Only): Lovebug Mod and Swan Kart

ModNation Racers - Lovebug SwanKart

Until now, no one actually knew what the Lovebug looked like. The investigative team at UFG have put together an “artist rendering” based on eyewitness accounts from both young and old who have been bitten by this beautiful(?) creature. The Swan kart on the other hand may be fiction. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, these are our gift to you.

Free DLC love for one week only!

Your next kart will need some very “Progressive” design. You’ll be fine, just “Go With The Flo” early in March.

Tracks of the Week

Monday: The Summit Plummet by Sherris
Tuesday: Isla Luxoria by atheistsw
Wednesday: The Twist of Old Town by beatdough
Thursday: Tanuki Town by dane9261
Friday: City of Deneb by Cygnus2780

The Summit Plummet by Sherris

ModNation Racers - Summit1

ModNation Racers - Summit2 ModNation Racers - Summit3

Sherris says: “I wanted to create a track with a nice open feel to it before it threw you into a very narrow Tunnel/mine shaft. I love off-roading and challenging alternate routes that feel satisfying when you pull them off.”

Mark: “I think Wookiepedia better describes racing your track-

Podracing was a popular sport in the less-developed regions of the galaxy. It has been called ‘the ultimate test of skill and daring on Tatooine,’ and was certainly one of the most dangerous sports ever invented, killing many racers.

That was exactly my experience! It took me a long time to finish towards the top on the amazing off-road track.”

Mod Name: Combat Drone (type 2)
Creator: Shelbot3001 – “This mod is designed to be an aquatic drone with the appearance that it is hovering above your kart.”

ModNation Racers - Drone1 ModNation Racers - Drone2

Kart Name: Thorny Rose
Creator: CroTim – “It was meant to be beautiful, yet rugged, so all the stickers of roses have thorns. I accomplished the look as if the rose vines were coming out from under the hood and from the front wheels.”

ModNation Racers - Thorn_2

Mark: Yeah you know me!

PSP owners, do you own ModNation Racers for the PSP? Every week we will highlight a FANTASTIC PSP track, mod and kart for the community’s admiration. I know I have been blown away at what I’ve seen so far. Let’s keep going! (Any impressive stats on how many tracks, karts, and mods we have online?)

If you are new to track creation on the PSP, here are links to some great tutorials from MNR PSP Producer Vernon Mollette:

PSP “Spotlight” Creations:

Track: Sink Hole
Mod: The Freak by JT_JT_JT
Kart: Tokio Drift by Bomber_Man721

I hope you like some of the new features we are adding to the ModNation Monday blog. Stay tuned in, more to come!

Have fun out there!

PAGE 1 2

+ CAPNDigital on February 14th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

MabsterB, thanks for the info. Hope it’s resolved soon, with a Double XP week pending…

+ moriarty1975 on February 14th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

For anyone who is having problems with the 1.08 patch, Devs are looking or some info – http://tinyurl.com/48pulr5

+ moriarty1975 on February 14th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

….looking “for” some info.

+ Hooligantuan on February 14th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Love Bug’s nose is still kinda wangy, ha hahaha.

+ Elnath10 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Is not mentioned but I guess the Free lovebug DLC is going to be able to download starting tomorrow…

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

till the 21st. When I get KZ3 HELGHAST EDITION! I would be happy, but my ps3 is going to sony in a few days so I’m trying not to play much to avoid having to delete aton of stuff again.

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 14th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

till the 21st. When I get KZ3 HELGHAST EDITION! I would be happy, but my ps3 is going to sony in a few days so I’m trying not to play much to avoid having to delete a ton of stuff again.

+ jveloz21 on February 14th, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

I am o mad right now. When I tried to start Modnation on my PS3 this weekend, it required an update to connect online. I left it for like an hour and it wasn’t half way done. Sony has to fix this. I am tired of having to wait to update my games all the time for sooooooo long. But is it downloadable through PSN because that would be awesome, or do you have to download it through modnation?

+ shredder110 on February 14th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

So is that “El Snake-O” mod/kart still coming out this month? I remember back in December, you guys had a blog about upcoming dlc & he was shown for November with the Killzone one. Just wondering cuz the kart he was driving (which btw looked like an old elcamino) was awesome looking.

BTW, the Rose Wheels are useful with the coffin kart.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

“El Snake-O”?
    Let me find out

+ KenobiEagle on February 14th, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

Stupid game update is keeping me from publishing 40-something new creations for this Double XP! It never goes past 0%; instead, it just ramps up the estimated remaining time into the thousands of minutes. Eventually, it does work but it still takes a long time. This is not cool. It happens nearly every time with any game. PLEASE FIX.

+ DRBOBO69 on February 14th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

great post had this game since day one im so stoked for this love bug mod looks sick check out some of my creations i have been working on them with my brother and am trying to get that insanely difficult star creator trophy

Proud ps+ member
stop the console wars if you think about it most gamers have all consoles every console has its pros and cons

+ Feonando on February 15th, 2011 at 12:06 am said:

Keep the great work! Quite a lovely game, even when I really suck at creating stuff on my own, and love getting new things from other people.

+ ghik16 on February 15th, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

This is bound to fail.. Nobody plays the PSP version anymore.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Then call me nobody!

+ OveReAction on February 15th, 2011 at 12:55 am said:

Yeh. I really feel ya. With that $14.00 Online patch, I don’t think it may be going well.

+ shredder110 on February 15th, 2011 at 5:17 am said:

Can’t wait to download that mod/kart today. Soon as I get off work, I’m racing. But really though, can you give us a hint on which is the next theme that’s coming out?

+ CougarHunterX on February 15th, 2011 at 7:01 am said:

I can’t find Love Bug or the Swan kart in the PSN store. I checked new releases and Modnation game add-ons

+ CougarHunterX on February 15th, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

Also, what happens to content submitted for “of the week status” if it’s not selected for the week. Are they reconsidered for the next week? is there some sort of list that they may or may not make?

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

this is a quote from an earlier reply…

You can submit as many as you would like. I hope with some renewed enthusiasm the quantity of tracks submitted will increase a little. This would be a good problem to have. But, as a rule we only look at the current weeks submissions. This could mean some of your tracks would make the cut on the week and then not considered the next week. Does this make sense? I would do one a week if I was you.

+ shyguyNC on February 15th, 2011 at 7:44 am said:

@52 .. you’ll have to wait for the store update tonight from Sony. And yeah, I hope UFG can sort out the update problems some are having – no problems here, but I know a few of the XP leaderboard folk and they’re hurting not being able to get in on double xp week. WVUFan77 in particular comes to mind …

PAGE 1 2